Author Topic: Brat Camp  (Read 897 times)

Offline Jeff_Berryman

• View Profile
Brat Camp
« on: June 14, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »
I saw something bizarre at Struggling Teens:

http://www.strugglingteens.com/cgi-bin/ ... 2;t=001062

ABC is doing a reality show about kids in a wilderness program.  And of course, with cameras running, none of the stuff we're concerned about will happen there.  Those kids will be well treated by BM standards, and MILLIONS of Americans will get a falsely rosy picture of the behavior modification industry.  And they will be all the more amenable to making use of what they think are similar programs.  Only, with no cameras and no witnesses, things will be a bit different out in the real world.  Thousands of kids will suffer over this, especially since new fly-by-night programs will be set up to take advantage of the increased demand.  Those are the kind of programs where kids end up dead, like Aaron Bacon or Michelle Sutton.  We need to let ABC know how we feel.  A hundred thousand E-mails with the threat of a boycott might get their attention.

The E-mail address to use is:  [email protected]

Spread the word as widely as you can.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
hen I mount my horse, ALL THE WINDMILLS IN SPAIN TREMBLE!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Brat Camp
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 12:48:00 AM »
MODS: delete please, accidental post.[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2005-06-15 00:21 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."