Author Topic: Joyce harris broke the law and sent 3 run away boys to a con  (Read 5519 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Joyce harris used her cult mentality to entise 3 boys to run away she provide air transportation out of the state and the bus transportation to a woodstock style concert wher there was unlimited drugs and alcohol.  No she cant hide behind her lies of wanting to protect children, she did not give the tickets to return to their families she sent them to another state and on to a drug infested concert. So it was more important to try and discredit cheryl than have any care of the safety of these kids or the possibility of readdiction.  Not to mention the torture these parents faced with no word from her on their where abouts or safety to all of those she has fooled I hope you know this could have been your child.  I thank god for the means to prosecute her to the fullest extent of the law and I pray that she is no longer able to teach because no one capable of this should be teaching kids.  Just know that all of the underage kids parents will be prosecuting you and I will make it my lifes work to see that you are prosecuted.  I do however pray for your soul as you will have to face our heavenly father for your crime against children.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline 4peace

• View Profile
Joyce harris broke the law and sent 3 run away boys to a con
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »
IMO, this post seems a bit 'reactionary'.  Am I the only one who reads it this way?  :???:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 10:18:00 AM »

On 2005-06-12 07:14:00, 4peace wrote:

"IMO, this post seems a bit 'reactionary'.  Am I the only one who reads it this way?  :question:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »
perhaps.....but think how the parents may feel right now

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2005, 10:32:00 AM »
There are always 2 sides to a story.  What about the boys?  What's their story?  Why did they run away in the first place?  Nobody seems to be answering that question.

:???:

Offline 4peace

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2005, 10:37:00 AM »
"Think how the parents feel" would be assuming that this information is actually correct!  
The post seems fishy, y'know, like a program person putting major spin and perhaps twisting facts to slam the "helper" (in this case Joyce Harris) instead of finding out why help was needed, i.e. question the program.
Do we really think someone gave someone else's kids airline tickets to a rock/drug concert in another state?  I'm having a hard time believing that, coupled with the way that post was written.
But, as Dennis Miller used to say "that's just my opinon and I could be wrong...."

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »
That is one of the most rediculous postings I have seen here.  And since I doubt very seriously if you or anyone else outside the authorities in Utah have spoken to Joyce -- and since I very seriously doubt that you have spoken to the boys, you really are just making up a story to deflect what the real issue is -- THE ABUSE AT WHITMORE!!
Cheryl HAS BEEN CHARGED -- NOW THAT IS TRUTH -- THAT IS A FACT.  AS SOON AS SHE IS ARRAIGNED SHE WILL NOT BE ALLOWED AROUND CHILDREN -- THAT IS A FACT -- TRUTH!!!
Let's stick to the real issues here.  The Sudweeks lie.  The Sudweeks abuse.  The Sudweeks take money for services they do not provide.  The Sudweeks sue former students for feeding a horse they admittedly hated, but used in their so-called "therapy."  

These are all facts that can be substantiated and proven.  The County Attorney does not file charges without relative certainty of a conviction.  

Looks to me that the people in support of the Sudweeks could use a course in Civics.  Joyce Harris has been an advocate for the former students of Whitmore and for the kids there now.
She is willing to put herself in a very visable and vulnerable position by doing so.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2005, 11:24:00 AM »
When will Cheryl Sudweeks be arraigned and in the meantime, is she still running this program?

Also, I am curious about the parents of students in this program and whether they are aware that she has been charged with abuse?  If so, what is their reaction (e.g. are they removing their children and bringing them home or transferring them to another program in Utah)?

Are the Utah authorities required to notify parents or does the school do so?

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2005, 11:35:00 AM »
Cheryl will be arraigned June 23rd.  As to the other things, maybe the person to ask is Mr. Godfrey of Child Protective Services.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2005, 11:57:00 AM »
not only have i spoken to the boys and thier parents ther is arecord of her credit card purchasing the airline tickets and bus tickets how could anyone support someone who would hide children from ther own parents and pay for a concert.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2005, 12:01:00 PM »
actually..i talked to the kids..and that is true..no one really knows the story..but oh well..i just feel for their parents, worrying about them, they could at least talk to them..anyways they left because they didnt want to be there anymore..not because of ABUSE..what makes them want to leave then? -you might ask..once all of the big group of kids left, they said it just got boring, and they didnt like, and any other progrmas, boarding schools, or w/e..there are always kids that dont want to be there.

Offline Gmom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 12, 2005, 12:46:00 PM »
Now, just how do you know about someone else's credit card account?  I don't think so.  I know what goes on at Whitmore.  You aren't going to BS me.  I really don't believe you or anyone, other than maybe their parents and the authorities have talked to them.  Nope, I don't buy it.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2005, 12:55:00 PM »
to be honest i havent ask questions about why they left im just shocked a parent of a troubled teen themselve will let these parents suffer who are all really nice caring people they are the kind of people who would help another persons kid they dont even know and support the parents they have never met truely good people.  Joyce dint care she got underage youth to a unsafe place with drugs and provided them money to hide from there parents that is extremely abusive and she should be prosecuted.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2005, 01:01:00 PM »
When you "spoke" to these boys did you tell them to call their parents? What was their reply?  If you have spoken to them you know where they are, and gee, you are now involved and can be held accountable by your own standards.

Stop with the BS, enough already

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2005, 01:26:00 PM »
On 2005-06-12 09:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"actually..i talked to the kids..and that is true..no one really knows the story..but oh well..i just feel for their parents, worrying about them, they could at least talk to them..

Except that, if they tell their parents where they are (or call from a tracable phone) they'll land up on the shelf or worse. I feel for the parents too. But they made their own bed. They betrayed that vital trust. I feel a lot more sorrow and worry for the kids.

anyways they left because they didnt want to be there anymore..

But why did they not want to be there anymore?

If you think about why you hate me, you might find that it's not me.
--Antigen

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes