Author Topic: I'm one of the kids who made the riot  (Read 4482 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
I'm one of the kids who made the riot
« Reply #15 on: June 12, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »
And some might be in jail already, if they had not been there.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2005, 08:02:00 PM »
Might have. But we'll never know because their whacked out parents never vested enough faith in them to let them realize the consequences of their own actions. When they couldn't get them arrested, diagnosed, drugged and treated by normal professionals and members of the community, they went over our heads and found some magic bean salesmen to take their money and tell them what they wanted to hear.

Sick bastards you are, all of you.

Republican n. A liberty despising, money worshiping, control freak. Democrat n. A liberty despising, social engineering, control freak.
-- Anonymous

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2005, 10:06:00 PM »
I forgot, some might have been arrested before they got to ivy ridge also. So same cycle.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2005, 05:32:00 PM »
You guys are a bunch of idiots, it is so simple just to work and get out and enjoy the rewards of graduating, it is so much simpler and you actually get rewards instead of punishments. Oh well, if u want to fuck up ur life go ahead, ive learned

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2005, 05:40:00 PM »
:wstupid: The kid who rioted is OUT. How long did it take you to get out?  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 13, 2005, 05:42:00 PM »
On 2005-06-13 14:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You guys are a bunch of idiots, it is so simple just to work and get out and enjoy the rewards of graduating, it is so much simpler and you actually get rewards instead of punishments. Oh well, if u want to fuck up ur life go ahead, ive learned"

The rewards of "working the program"? What reward? Having your mind re-wired, turning into a WWASPie zombie, losing your individuality and your critical thinking skills... thanks, but no thanks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 13, 2005, 09:55:00 PM »
who will have a better future though asswhole.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 13, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »
:wstupid:

:wave:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 13, 2005, 10:10:00 PM »
Way to go! Best news Ive heard since I graduated from SCL in 2003. Oh yea, and also the news about how Spring Creek Lodge got sued 6 times in the last year. WWASP needs to be shut down, I and support any effort to do so.

-Chip

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 16, 2005, 04:09:00 AM »
I have all the respect for what you and the other guys did.  It takes bravery and real inner strength to stand up like that, and I think it's just amazing.  Revolution happens spontaneously, but not without a spark.  It it?s just so inspiring to know that the passion of youth is still alive in a prison society.  I was in Provo Canyon  School for half a year and only fantasized about doing what you did.  But I was only 15, and had not idea what the fuck was going on.  Now I'm 21, I'm wiser, and I can tell you that you definitely did the right thing.  Never doubt that.  You not only took a stand for kids in lockdown, you took a stand for human rights, and you drew attention to a terrible injustice that has been allow to operate for too long.  I support you and the other guys 100% and I thank you.

Offline Kathy

• View Profile
    • http://ficanetwork.net
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2005, 06:50:00 AM »
On 2005-06-13 18:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"who will have a better future though asswhole."

Well, in all reality, probably the kid who kept his own mind and stood up for what was right will have the much better future. -- So many people I knew who were kids in the program, either got out early or graduated, before going back to what they were doing before they were interupted, ended up as total successes.  They may have taken the long way around due to being put in the program, but they still ended up right where they were supposed to be.  The other ones, the students who graduated, and kept their brainwashed mind-set, usually ended up dead by suicide, in jail because of murder (usually they murder a parent, go figure), or insane because they are and were crazy in the first place. If these brainwashed graduates manage to stay out of serious trouble, many of them experience failed relationships with spouses, children and co-workers, because they don't know how to relate to real people in the real world.

What a lonely existence.

I hope that answers your question.
Kathy
"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."    ~Plato

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 16, 2005, 07:59:00 AM »
It answers it only in your opinion. Mine is the opposite. The one that gets his act together faster will have the better future. The kid that started this post is definetly behind in school, proven by his post "I'm one of the kids who made the riot" It's sad thet he writes like that.
I hope Evegeni keeps it together and gets a diploma. Good luck.

Offline 001010

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 16, 2005, 10:06:00 AM »
Many kids in the programs are very behind in school because of the program.

It (the Bible) is full of interest. It has noble poetry in it; and some clever fables; and some blood-drenched history; and some good morals; and a wealth of obscenity; and upwards of a thousand lies.
--Samuel Clemens "Mark Twain", American author and humorist

[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 16, 2005, 11:06:00 AM »
On 2005-06-16 04:59:00, Anonymous wrote:

"It answers it only in your opinion. Mine is the opposite. The one that gets his act together faster will have the better future. The kid that started this post is definetly behind in school, proven by his post "I'm one of the kids who made the riot" It's sad thet he writes like that.

I hope Evegeni keeps it together and gets a diploma. Good luck."

Most people write badly.  Especially when they don't think a particular piece is important enough to take the time to proofread.

I'm a professional writer.  Actually, I'm a New York Times bestselling author.  (My book hit 31 on one of the NYT fiction lists for a week before dropping back off, but apparently getting there at all is the thing.)

I don't bother to proofread what I write on Fornits.  I like you folks, but I'm not getting paid for this and most people aren't anal-retentive enough to care, anyway.

I've had good friends, at different times, work as instructors at Clark Atlanta University.  Once, I got to read through a stack of essays written by the college students--college seniors, iirc--and they were every bit as bad as the posting you're talking about.

There is a reason very few people can sell what they write.

However, you're jumping to conclusions when you assume the teen who made that posting is "behind in school."  Maybe he is, maybe he isn't.  Some people have neurological learning disabilities that prevent them from acquiring certain skills even though they can keep up with no problem in other subject areas.  Frequently, when that happens, the person with the LD just acquires a technological assistance device that does for them the particular task their neurological damage prevents them from doing for themselves.

We don't blame someone who's blind for needing a guide dog.  We don't blame someone who's hard of hearing for needing a hearing aid.  There's no reason to blame a dyslexic for needing a spell-checker, or a dysgraphic for needing a computer and printer, or someone with discalculia for needing a calculator.

We don't want people who *can* do those things to use technological devices as a crutch.  But for people whose problems are neurological, TA devices can make the difference between a productive life at their highest potential versus stagnating in a dead end job far below their capabilities.

Since many of these problems are in the frontal lobes, and the frontal lobes don't finish developing until a person is in his twenties, many teens with learning disabilities who *do* go on to be able to learn these tasks and function without TA devices--but only after their frontal lobes develop to the point that their previously insurmountable neurological problem becomes manageable.

This is probably part of the reason why many people's writing abilities improve by leaps and bounds in college remedial English classes.  Their base ability to handle the material has improved.

Perhaps the teen you're talking about is simply "behind" rather than learning disabled.  But you don't know that and you should have asked first instead of jumping to conclusions.

Failing that, if you're going to flame someone else's spelling and grammar, you really should proofread your own post.  It's "definitely."

Timoclea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 16, 2005, 11:10:00 AM »
Okay, if we're all going to proofread---just mentally delete "who" in the fourth paragraph from the bottom.

:smile: :smile: :smile:

Timoclea