Author Topic: Isolation rooms  (Read 1101 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Isolation rooms
« on: June 16, 2005, 10:46:00 AM »
"On a couple of occasions, I entered interview rooms to find a detainee chained hand and foot in a fetal position to the floor, with no chair, food or water. Most times they urinated or defecated on themselves, and had been left there for 18-24 hours or more. On one occasion, the air conditioning had been turned down so far and the temperature was so cold in the room, that the barefooted detainee was shaking with cold. . . . On another occasion, the [air conditioner] had been turned off, making the temperature in the unventilated room well over 100 degrees. The detainee was almost unconscious on the floor, with a pile of hair next to him. He had apparently been literally pulling his hair out throughout the night. On another occasion, not only was the temperature unbearably hot, but extremely loud rap music was being played in the room, and had been since the day before, with the detainee chained hand and foot in the fetal position on the tile floor."

See link: http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/

When the Senator says this was done in Gitmo, people believe it happened.

When the teen survivors have been saying for *years* it has been done to them, everybody says they're lying.

It's not okay to do it to religious fanatic who was trying to kill us, but it's okay to do it to some poor kid who had the misfortune to have extremely gullible parents.

Go figure.

Timoclea
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline 69

• View Profile
Isolation rooms
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 10:52:00 AM »
On 2005-06-16 07:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

""On a couple of occasions, I entered interview rooms to find a detainee chained hand and foot in a fetal position to the floor, with no chair, food or water. Most times they urinated or defecated on themselves, and had been left there for 18-24 hours or more. On one occasion, the air conditioning had been turned down so far and the temperature was so cold in the room, that the barefooted detainee was shaking with cold. . . . On another occasion, the [air conditioner] had been turned off, making the temperature in the unventilated room well over 100 degrees. The detainee was almost unconscious on the floor, with a pile of hair next to him. He had apparently been literally pulling his hair out throughout the night. On another occasion, not only was the temperature unbearably hot, but extremely loud rap music was being played in the room, and had been since the day before, with the detainee chained hand and foot in the fetal position on the tile floor."

See link: http://www.opinionjournal.com/best/

When the Senator says this was done in Gitmo, people believe it happened.

When the teen survivors have been saying for *years* it has been done to them, everybody says they're lying.

It's not okay to do it to religious fanatic who was trying to kill us, but it's okay to do it to some poor kid who had the misfortune to have extremely gullible parents.

Go figure.

Timoclea"

You know, I've been watching the hearings on C-Span related to Gitmo and all the press, and I think of that same thing everytime! Why does nobody care the same things are happening to AMERICAN CITIZENS, children for god sakes, right here in our own country. It goes to show, the politicians don't give a shit about the detainees, just the political fallout of bringing it up. Hypocrites, the whole lot of them.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Isolation rooms
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 02:52:00 AM »
That right there is the biggest pet-peeve of mine right there. We get up in arms about animals, starving africans, ethnic cleansing, Iraq, you name it, but here? WHO CARES!

We give out foreign aid yet we have people fucked over here. We go to other nations to make them free and take away rights from our citizens. We have a shitty ass education system and nobody cares. We fuck our own kids up, nobody cares... but oh, the WORLD cares if we fuck up some adult we caught in a warzone...

UGH!

The fatal pedagogical error is to throw answers, like stones, at the heads of those who have not yet asked the questions.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=ISO-8859-1&q=%22Paul+Tillich%22&btnG=Google+Search' target='_new'>Paul Tillich

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Isolation rooms
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2005, 10:34:00 AM »
We still have hte ability to continue to write to our Senators and demand that they hear our pleas.

I have stopped donating to their causes. I stopped donating to Oprah's Angel fund.

If she won't help us, I'm not helping her causes.

write, write, write and call your Senators. Point out their hypocrisy. Demand reform of this sick industry and their sicker referal people.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Isolation rooms
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2005, 04:57:00 PM »
They dont care, and most americans dont.

Apathy is the current problem with this country, anon. Until that changes nothing else will.

If they can get you to ask the wrong questions they don't have to worry about the answers

--Thomas Pynchon, Gravity's Rainbow (Proverbs for Paranoids)

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Isolation rooms
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »
On 2005-06-16 07:52:00, Exit Plan wrote:

You know, I've been watching the hearings on C-Span related to Gitmo and all the press, and I think of that same thing everytime! Why does nobody care the same things are happening to AMERICAN CITIZENS, children for god sakes, right here in our own country. It goes to show, the politicians don't give a shit about the detainees, just the political fallout of bringing it up. Hypocrites, the whole lot of them.

Funny thing is, I keep catching stories about our Congressional hearings on NWI, which is primarily a French and Canadian network. On American news, nothing, nada, not a whiff, you wouldn't even know we're HAVING hearings about Gitmo! It's pathetic! Even Jon Stewart gets it wrong. He mentioned one incident where one of the staff took a prisoner outside, pointed to a pack of rats, and told him he was lower than that. The prisoner began to cry. His response was "Well, maybe the 20th hijacker is a wimp?"

My first thought was to wonder what that poor bastard had been through to bring him to that point. When they got hold of him, he was (allegedly) ready to ride a bomb into it's target. Now he breaks down crying over some small insult from some stranger? What happened to him in the mean time?

As far as most people not giving a shit about the kids getting similar treatment, I think the vast majority of Americans simply don't believe it. Remember that the vast majority of Germans simply didn't believe those 'enemy propaganda' stories about death camps. Even those living in towns where the camps were located didn't believe the stories till American, French and Brittish soldiers took them on tours of the facilities and made them look after the invasion.

Nobody in this predominantly Christian nation wants to believe that people who call themselves Christians are capable of this kind of cruelty, desception and self delusion. It's always been a hard sell. But this has been going on for around 30 years as a federally supported project. There are a damned lot of us who know the truth. Most of us are sort of uncomfortable about speaking of it publicly. If we can get around that, maybe things will change.

Truth resides in every human heart, and one has to search for it there, and to be guided by truth as one sees it. But no one has a right to coerce others to act according to his own view of truth.

--Mohandas K. Gandhi

Straight, Sarasota
   10/80 - 10/82
Anonymity Anonymous
return undef() if /coercion/i;
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes