Author Topic: I was an Ivy Ridge Student  (Read 2955 times)

Offline 69

• View Profile
I was an Ivy Ridge Student
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2005, 05:21:00 PM »
I really wish that everyone would stop saying such bad things about a place that has only helped me and several other students who wanted the help.  It obvious to me that the people that say bad things are the people that don't want to change and don't want to live a good life."

Keep wishing...  :skull: Any way you cut it, to the audience here you look like an idiot, and thus, will be treated as one.

Have a wonderful day.  :wave:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline 3monthsLUCKY

• View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/thesuburbancurse/
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2005, 11:55:00 PM »
no fucking joke, the first 2 months after the 'gram i was so brainwashed i thought it helped too, but since 12-15-03 when i got home, i'm still bitching and screaming about why i had to be there to begin with...and i was there for only 3 months, i dont know how some people did it. WHY DO SOMETHING THAT WILL ONLY HELP IF YOU CHANGE? change yourself and do it without the abuse, and emotional stress of being away from the only people that can really help you, your loved ones and YOURSELF! fuck the program.
Mary Ellis

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2005, 06:50:00 PM »
On 2005-06-08 23:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

"i graduayted from a skool called wwasps. wen i was 12 i was smoking crack and even was a hore! my mom sent me away to wwasps for 2 years! i dont know why all theez peeps cum on here sayin abuse hapend and junk- i havd a great time ! in fact, i wuold be ded or in jail by now if it werenot for them! i wanted to kill myslef so bad, but being locked up and told how much i suck for 2 years has relally helped! i want to be presidenzt of the united states of amerija when i grow up, and thanks to ivys ridge.. i can be if i wan to be!"

Typical WWASP poster-child.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2005, 02:18:00 AM »
Prostitution + cocaine addiction at 13?  Those sound like serious problems.  

Where are you from and do you think your parents had "problems" or "issues" that may have contributed to your juvenile delinquency?

Maybe you just needed a change of environment to clear your head.  

Attempting suicide is quite serious, and anyone who does such a thing should receive medical evaluation and treatment by proper professionals.  Ivy Ridge seems to promote itself as being a school, not a medical treatment facility.  Did you receive professional therapy there?  or see a psychiatrist?  

The fact is that most kids who get sent to places like Ivy Ridge and Provo Canyon School were never really in danger of being "deadorinjail", or even institutionalized.  -

My parents enrolled me in Provo Canyon School only after our local psychiatric hospitals refused to admit me as an inpatient- 3 different times!  I was not suicidal, nor homicidal, nor in a state of psychosis.  

The doctors in the admissions office recommended therapy for all involved.  After a few months, when our therapist suggested that my parents should take SOME responsibility for the drama at home, well, my parents had had just about enough of her!  

They found out about Provo Canyon School from a very sick man- Dr. Richard Schwartz (formerly of Virginia Straight).

Provo Canyon admitted me- no questions asked.

At PCS, everyone asks you "Why are you here?".  I would always say "Family problems".  Now I understand why this answer evoked such puzzled looks from all who asked.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 10, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »
Perhaps you are changing and if so that is good news.  What were the issues your parents had with you?  What happened?  Something big must have been happening for them to send you to Ivy Ridge.  So, what happened before the program... tell us all what led up to it.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 10, 2005, 10:59:00 AM »
On 2005-10-10 07:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Perhaps you are changing and if so that is good news.  What were the issues your parents had with you?  What happened?  Something big must have been happening for them to send you to Ivy Ridge.  So, what happened before the program... tell us all what led up to it."
More importantly, please enlighten us as to your experience with Ivy Ridge.

Recently Ivy Ridge was investigated and found to be issuing fraudulent NYS diplomas.  They were ordered to repay over $1 million in tuition and pay steep fines for their commission of fraud.

There have been serious allegations of abuse there and staff have been arrested and fired for abusing children under the guise of "therapy."

What happened to you when you were there?

-Arnold Schopenhauer[ This Message was edited by: Dysfunction Junction on 2005-10-10 08:00 ]
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control