Author Topic: Paradise Cove success story  (Read 40337 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Paradise Cove success story
« Reply #120 on: July 06, 2005, 09:45:00 PM »
On 2005-07-06 18:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I am a graduate of the WWASP program in Utah. That program saved my life when medication, church, therapy and parental love and support did not. I cannot defend Paradise Cove considering that I was never there, but I urge everyone to consider the sources. Teenagers are sent to places like that because they are rebellious, troubled, and self destructive. They are usually addicts or alcoholics who act out through substance abuse, COMPULSIVE LYING, promiscuity, violence, and criminal behavior. If WWASP programs were so horrible, then why do so many graduates go back to visit, speak, and even work at those same facilities. Oh, brainwashing! Riiiiight.....

I call BS.

Sounds to me like troubled teenagers have grown into troubled adults. Now that their parents are no longer enabling them, they look for yet another handout in the form of a tidy little settlement. I am now a mother, and would I want to send my child to a program? No.

But if faced with the alternatives of jail or a cemetery, would I send him? Absolutely.

Oh and, PS. Bad parents don't send their children to programs. They require not only too much money, but too much parental participation, education, and tranformation. A bad parent would let their child die of an overdose or live on the streets, not put them in the only place they know their child will be safe."

You sound awfully familiar... haha  :wstupid:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2005, 10:03:00 PM »
"

On 2005-07-06 18:30:00, Anonymous wrote:

Oh and, PS. Bad parents don't send their children to programs.

Bullshit!

Guard with jealous attention the public Liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that Jewel. Unfortunately, Nothing will Preserve it but downright Force. Whenever you Give Up that Force, you are ruined.....The Great Object is that every man be armed.....Everyone who is able may have a gun.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1888952229/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>- Patrick Henry

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 07, 2005, 03:55:00 AM »
I am a graduate of the WWASP program in Utah. That program saved my life when medication, church, therapy and parental love and support did not.

The program, through seminars, psychological pressure, and physical and mental abuse, convinced you that your life has been saved. That doesn't mean it actually happened.

I cannot defend Paradise Cove considering that I was never there, but I urge everyone to consider the sources. Teenagers are sent to places like that because they are rebellious, troubled, and self destructive. They are usually addicts or alcoholics who act out through substance abuse, COMPULSIVE LYING, promiscuity, violence, and criminal behavior.

That old, familiar WWASPie line... "WWASP is wonderful, and anyone who says otherwise is a liar!".

Truth is, WWASP's programs are the most abusive, harmful programs out there.

If WWASP programs were so horrible, then why do so many graduates go back to visit, speak, and even work at those same facilities. Oh, brainwashing! Riiiiight.....
I call BS.

Your comments prove that brainwashing exists and is used by WWASP. The seminars used by WWASP are, in fact, Lifespring seminars. Lifespring is a cult. The entire program is designed to break kids down, make them believe that what goes on in the program is not only legitimate, it is also needed. The program's purpose is to convince its captives that they have been saved. Your post is a good example of that.

Oh and, PS. Bad parents don't send their children to programs. They require not only too much money, but too much parental participation, education, and tranformation. A bad parent would let their child die of an overdose or live on the streets, not put them in the only place they know their child will be safe.

As Ginger put it, bullshit. Bad parents are parents who are unwilling to be parents. Bad parents are the ones who give up on their children and send them to programs, where they will be abused and held without any way of communicating with the world while their parents are being brainwashed in Lifespring seminars. Bad parents are parents who declare to the world and to their own children, "I don't want to be a parent. I'm not going to work hard and find a way to help my child. I'm just going to give up on him/her, and pay someone else to raise them and do the dirty work for me".

That's what it means to send a kid to a program. It means the child is abandoned. No matter how many times you tell yourself it is "an act of love", it is an act of betrayal, and endangerment.

Parents, don't give up on your children. Don't hand them over to abusive program (like WWASP) that only want your money. Trust yourselves and trust your instincts. Programs love to tell parents that their child will die. They love to prey on your anxieties and fears, enforce them, then promise salvation. Don't let them. Help and support your teens, especially if they're going through tough times. Handing them over for other people to raise will only make things worse.

Offline dano

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 14, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »
yes it saved my life, but paradise cove was one of the worst places on earth to be.  i know that it gives comfort to parents to say that this is the right thing no matter what.  i can agree when it comes to southwest utah and their programs, but i will never allow anyone to defend samoa.  it was nothing short of torture.  to the parents that send their kids for acting out a couple of times, i pity you, kids do act out, and if your religous beliefs get challenged a little THE PROGRAM IS NOT THE ANSWER.  that being said, the program in utah is a great place for really messed up kids to get help and grow self esteem and possibly live fruitful lives after it.  nothing would have saved me like it did, but sending your kid 5000 miles away is just sick.  i will continue to post on this site, because even though the program was 5 years ago, it still effects my life.  ps dont get too programmed out on me, life still has to be a little fun  :grin:
his has been another truth story by daniel hoyle

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #124 on: July 14, 2005, 07:26:00 PM »
If the program worked on just good old fashioned discipline and structure, why not provide that yourself? Oh, kid won't listen to you? How do you think these strangers are going to make him listen? Come on.... think now.... how, oh how, could that be done? How does it "work"? What is it that they do there that you can't do yourself?

Bad parents are also those who feed iced tea to infants, then can't figure out why the kid can't sleep and won't stop screaming.

Stupidity is no excuse.

I believe that relgion is the belief in future life and in God. I don't believe in either. I don't believe in God as I don't believe in Mother Goose.
--Clarence Darrow, American lawyer

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 01, 2005, 08:20:00 PM »
What is the name of Christopher Sutton's lawyer?  Anybody know his/her name and how to get in touch with them (in support of Chris)?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 02, 2005, 01:42:00 AM »
Seems noone's ready to give away the lawyer's name - i find that intersting

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 02, 2005, 11:07:00 AM »
Yeah, that's weird.  Somebody must know who Chris's lawyer is.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 02, 2005, 02:42:00 PM »
Paradise Cove was a tough program.  The granddaddy of offshore behavior mod warehouses, from what I gathered from old posts.

Offline ari

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 07, 2005, 04:13:00 PM »
i do know the name of chriss' lawyer, however, i do not want people who are unsupportive getting a hold of the information.  if you are really interested, please contact me at [email protected] and i will be glad to share that information with you.  [ This Message was edited by: ari on 2005-09-07 13:13 ]
ionysus, where are you when I need you? Would you love me as you once loved Ariadne?  Would you put a piece of me up in the sky so I could live forever?  I worship who it is you are.  I admire every part of your being.  Walking the earth, with your long

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 07, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »
On 2005-09-07 13:13:00, ari wrote:

"i do know the name of chriss' lawyer, however, i do not want people who are unsupportive getting a hold of the information.  if you are really interested, please contact me at [email protected] and i will be glad to share that information with you.  [ This Message was edited by: ari on 2005-09-07 13:13 ]"

Are you the girlfriend we have read about?  If so, are you supportive of Chris and what if anything can you tell us about how he is doing (e.g. is he in jail, is his father helping him, what about other family members? Are they for or against Chris?)

Obviously, this was a horrific tragedy but we must remember this young man is innocent until proven guilty.  Second, former students who were sent to Paradise Cove have described the now-defunct program as no better, in fact even worse, than Tranquility Bay, the highly controversial program in Jamaica with ties to WWASPS.

Thanks!

Offline ari

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 08, 2005, 09:30:00 AM »
On 2005-09-07 14:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-09-07 13:13:00, ari wrote:

"i do know the name of chriss' lawyer, however, i do not want people who are unsupportive getting a hold of the information.  if you are really interested, please contact me at [email protected] and i will be glad to share that information with you.  [ This Message was edited by: ari on 2005-09-07 13:13 ]"

Are you the girlfriend we have read about?  If so, are you supportive of Chris and what if anything can you tell us about how he is doing (e.g. is he in jail, is his father helping him, what about other family members? Are they for or against Chris?)

Obviously, this was a horrific tragedy but we must remember this young man is innocent until proven guilty.  Second, former students who were sent to Paradise Cove have described the now-defunct program as no better, in fact even worse, than Tranquility Bay, the highly controversial program in Jamaica with ties to WWASPS.

Thanks!"

PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL, as i would like to be able to communicate with people that truly do understand the meaning of innocent until proven guilty...i have been very silent, at least regarding my side of the story and what i actually know/don't know, for a reason. please try and understand my hesitency to give details regarding this matter...i have other people getting information for me, as i am in a scary situation as well...

this was a truly horrific experience for EVERYONE that had to go through it...chriss is included in that statement.

from what i've heard about samoa made tranquility bay seem almost tame.  i've met people from both programs...my heart goes out to all the people that have had to live those nightmares...

PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL[ This Message was edited by: ari on 2005-09-08 07:02 ]
ionysus, where are you when I need you? Would you love me as you once loved Ariadne?  Would you put a piece of me up in the sky so I could live forever?  I worship who it is you are.  I admire every part of your being.  Walking the earth, with your long

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 17, 2005, 07:44:00 AM »
"from what i've heard about samoa made tranquility bay seem almost tame. i've met people from both programs...my heart goes out to all the people that have had to live those nightmares..."

I'll tell you what a nightmare is - it's knowing that Juliette Driscoll is not in jail with Chriss and Garrett.  She conspired with Chriss and Garrett to commit this crime.  She knew Chriss was planning to kill his parents, she has submitted a sworn statement stating that she knew.  (This statement is a public document in the Miami-Dade court system.  Anyone can get it.)  Yet, did she warn them?  No, on the night of the incident she and Chriss went to the parents house for dinner to celebrate Chriss' mom's birthday.  (Just read the public document, it's all there.) What sick people, like Happy Birthday, we'll be back later to kill you and get your money.

In prior posts, Juliette has stated that she loved Chriss' parents.  What bullshit is this?  She "loves" them, knows a plot to kill them and does nothing.  We should all make it our goal to make sure Juliette Driscoll does not "love" us!

Juliette's father is a doctor, which could lead one to believe there's money there, also.  Hey, Doc, watch your back, cause Juliette needs money since the Miami well dried up!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 17, 2005, 11:46:00 AM »
On 2005-09-17 04:44:00, Anonymous wrote:

""from what i've heard about samoa made tranquility bay seem almost tame. i've met people from both programs...my heart goes out to all the people that have had to live those nightmares..."

I'll tell you what a nightmare is - it's knowing that Juliette Driscoll is not in jail with Chriss and Garrett.  She conspired with Chriss and Garrett to commit this crime.  She knew Chriss was planning to kill his parents, she has submitted a sworn statement stating that she knew.  (This statement is a public document in the Miami-Dade court system.  Anyone can get it.)  Yet, did she warn them?  No, on the night of the incident she and Chriss went to the parents house for dinner to celebrate Chriss' mom's birthday.  (Just read the public document, it's all there.) What sick people, like Happy Birthday, we'll be back later to kill you and get your money.

In prior posts, Juliette has stated that she loved Chriss' parents.  What bullshit is this?  She "loves" them, knows a plot to kill them and does nothing.  We should all make it our goal to make sure Juliette Driscoll does not "love" us!

Juliette's father is a doctor, which could lead one to believe there's money there, also.  Hey, Doc, watch your back, cause Juliette needs money since the Miami well dried up!

"

How do you know she isn't lying? What's her credibility rating?

:smokin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2005, 11:49:00 AM »
What proof is there Chris was involved?  The word of the shooter?  A girlfriend?  That's hardly conclusive evidence.  Don't jurors need more to convict somebody?