Author Topic: Paradise Cove success story  (Read 39891 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Paradise Cove success story
« Reply #30 on: June 10, 2005, 03:49:00 PM »
On 2005-06-10 11:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Stanley Gould was the first kid who spoke out about Paradise Cove, long before Paul Richards was on 48 hours.

Paradise Cove was a hellcamp.  Remember the "iso box"???

Le Tiera????

Chris Landre was one of the first kids there ... he shot himself.

Why would Chris and Corey Murphey take their own lives if he program was so great?

:flame:

"

i've definately heard those horror stories...chriss (sutton) went through all of it.  i went to the "benefit" for chris and corey.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 10, 2005, 04:46:00 PM »
Actually, the Pretzfeld boy went in as a result of hearing about it from the Sutton's.  He was sent in about 4 months after Chris was.

Also, do you actually know of any other kids that killed their parents?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #32 on: June 10, 2005, 07:49:00 PM »
On 2005-06-10 13:46:00, Anonymous wrote:

Also, do you actually know of any other kids that killed their parents?"

Yup. Tim Nixon beat his mother to death w/ a baseball bat then he and his brother (program graduates both, I believe) stuffed her in the trunk and went out and picked up a few friends and went joy riding.

http://thestraights.com/theprogram/suicides-page2.htm

More often, though, kids pushed passed that point of no return will kill themselves rather than their parents.

The government is much more interested in preserving the purity of its ideology than it is in allowing patients to get effective medicine.
-- Ethan B. Russo, neurologist at Western Montana Clinic

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 10, 2005, 08:18:00 PM »
There is a former student of Casa By The Sea on death row in Texas for his part in the murder of a mother (not his own), her son and the son's best friend.  

The boy's last name is Michael Perry.  His parents who adopted him at birth apparently also had Perry in and out of treatment programs like Chris Sutton before resorting to the WWASPS schools.

Is it possible these kids reach a breaking point b/c the WWASPS programs are so harsh? And what connection, if any, is there to unresolved feelings about being adopted?  Seems to me both these boys had some serious issues and that the WWASPS programs did more harm than good.

:eek:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2005, 09:21:00 PM »
The problem with your analogy is:

Ted Bundy, John Gacy never went to any programs, didn't know each other, were not adopted, both were convicted and sentenced to death for multiple murders.

The Menendez brothers never went to any program, but they were convicted of killing both their parents.

There must have been over 10,000 teens who have gone thru the various WWASP programs over all the years and, if 2 or 3 or 4, killed someone after, it is not enough to say it was b/c of the program.

I believe that you have to have a certain personality to murder, no conscience and no remorse.

Maybe you can blame some things on teens going to the program and maybe not, depending on how you think of them, but I do not believe any program makes you a murderer.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 10, 2005, 09:25:00 PM »
Michael Perry took the stand and recanted his confession and gave a very believable explanation of what had happened - which didn't involve him committing murder.
He was convicted anyway, and now is in the appeals process.
I understand his defense team have now got the evidence to prove he could not have committed the crime he is convicted for.
My personal belief is his Casa experience predisposed him to confessing; and when arrested and interrogated, he did was he had been conditioned to do, and confessed to the charges, altho in reality he could not have committed the crime.
He has my support, and if there is anything I can do to help him, I will.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 10, 2005, 09:54:00 PM »
There was no benefit for Corey Murphy.  There was one in  Miami for Christopher Landre.

BTW, how come Christopher's "girlfriend" knew about all this and never said anything?  Where is she?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2005, 01:09:00 AM »
On 2005-06-10 18:25:00, BuzzKill wrote:

"Michael Perry took the stand and recanted his confession and gave a very believable explanation of what had happened - which didn't involve him committing murder.

He was convicted anyway, and now is in the appeals process.

I understand his defense team have now got the evidence to prove he could not have committed the crime he is convicted for.

My personal belief is his Casa experience predisposed him to confessing; and when arrested and interrogated, he did was he had been conditioned to do, and confessed to the charges, altho in reality he could not have committed the crime.

He has my support, and if there is anything I can do to help him, I will.

"

Wow .. that's great BK.  Please keep us posted!  I remember reading about the trial ... he seemed so lost.  Are you in touch with him and his family?  Do they believe he is innocent?

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2005, 10:56:00 AM »
I have written him and got a letter back. I need to write again. I've been remiss. He would like to hear from anyone with time to write. PM or email for his address if you want it.
I understand that his parents do now compleatly support him.
If anyone has a copy of the news papaer story on his testimony and conviction, I'd like to have a copy.
I had the link, but the paper has rotated it off. I didn't have the forsight to copy and paste when I could have.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2005, 01:16:00 PM »
That's good you are trying to help this young man, BK.  Death row in Texas is horrible .. he needs all the support he can get.

Does he have much of a chance of getting his conviction reversed on appeal?  A new trial?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »
Posted: 2005-04-08 18:38:00  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MICHAEL PERRY To whoever this reaches :

This is Michael AKA "Romeo" speaking to you from the "Row", Texas Death Row. Unfortunately I just landed here four months ago and am finding myself wanting to expand my "relationships" your way. And so, here I am, attempting to make a connection....A little to know about me is : I'm just an easy going "catt" with nothing but love for all you "peoples" out there. And am in search for a relationship / friendship. But, considering my situation, it may be impossible, but, who knows....anything is possible...! I am 21 years old, white, male. I'm about 5'10" and 155 lbs, with gentleman way ! My looks can be a plus but I want you to know me and like me for ME, and what I represent to stand for. But, just to let you know, I was named G.Q of the centuru, LOL, just playin ! I have no photo to flatter you with at the moment but if you decide to write, I will obtain one to send to you...So until pen and paper dance again, I will be waiting in anticipation to hear from you....Please don't let my situation scare you off! The lonely gentleman, Michael, AKA Romeo.

Michael Perry 999444
Polunsky Unit
3872 Fm 350 South
Livingston Texas
77351 USA

http://www.ccadp.org/TX7.htm

Michael James "Romeo" Perry showed his first outward signs of emotion Thursday, brushing away tears as his parents, from the witness stand, said
they still love the 20-year-old despite all the problems they have had raising Perry, who was convicted Monday of capital murder.

Jim and Gayle Perry adopted Michael when he was an infant.

Jim Perry, a former executive at Shell Oil, said he "absolutely" still loves Michael Perry during his testimony in the sentencing phase of the
trial.

"He's my son," he said.

Michael Perry was found guilty of killing Sandra Stotler, 50, on Oct. 24, 2001, by shooting her to death inside her home in Highland Ranch in west
Montgomery County so he could steal Stotler's red Camaro convertible.

Jim Perry said Michael was always extremely active and sometimes temperamental, even as an infant.

"I nicknamed him 'Kicker,' not because we lived in Texas but because he was always active," Jim Perry said.

"He had a temper and mood swings," Gayle Perry said of Michael as he grew into a toddler. "And when he was 3 years old, he called the fire
department and said his house was on fire."

In kindergarten and first grade, new problems arose, Gayle Perry said. "The teacher started writing notes and things," Gayle Perry recalled. "Her comment was she could tell what kind of day she would have with him by the
way he walked in the room. He would create problems in the classroom."

Later, in second grade, Michael was diagnosed with attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder, which was identified through developing
problems Michael was having at school, Perry's father said. By the fourth grade, Michael's grades began to suffer, Gayle Perry said.

"He would really do well at the first of the year, but it seemed that as he became more frustrated, he would rebel rather than express his
frustrations," Jim Perry told the court. Jim Perry said he and his wife tried everything they could, encouraging Michael's participation in soccer and baseball while also pursuing counseling, specialized curriculum at school, transfer to private schools, and anything else they thought could help Michael turn his life around.

"His behavior had become at this time very hard to control, but he was never aggressive physically against somebody," Jim Perry said. By the end of seventh grade, Michael Perry had been diagnosed with oppositional-defiant disorder and the following year with conduct disorder.

Eventually, Jim Perry said, Michael quit going to school, started running away, and his problems with the law began. As the problems escalated, Jim
Perry and his wife stepped up their response, he said, having Michael admitted to several inpatient psychiatric facilities and residential
programs for troubled teens over the years, at one point paying as much as $3,000 per month for their son's care.

"We were very happy to do it," Gayle Perry said. "I'd do it all again. We've never given up on him, and we never will." Jim Perry agreed.

"He was a difficult child to raise," he admitted, but asked the jury not to sentence his son to death. "I think he has a lot of talent and has a
lot to offer."

Gayle Perry asked for the same.

"His life has value," Gayle Perry told the jury. "I just know there's hope for a change. I know he can change, and I know he can still contribute."

Michael Perry chose not to testify in his own behalf at the sentencing phase of the trial, although he testified during the guilt/innocence phase last week.

Michael Perry was also suspected but never charged in two other murders the day Sandra Stotler was killed: those of her son, 16-year-old Adam Stotler, and his friend, 18-year-old Jeremy Richardson. Jason Burkett, also 20, is facing capital murder charges stemming from the same triple homicide. He is expected to stand trial later this year. Prosecutors say they will also seek the death penalty against Burkett if he is convicted.

Both sides in the case finished presenting testimony Thursday. Attorneys are expected to make closing arguments this morning in the 221st state District Court with Judge Suzanne Stovall presiding before the jury begins deliberations on whether to sentnece Perry to life in prison or death by lethal injection.

-----------

Source : The Courier

FYI: One of the last programs Perry was sent to was Casa By The Sea.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2005, 01:24:00 PM »
The address I have is *slightly* different - but I imagan that one will work.

I was reluctant to post it for fear he might get Hate mail - and who needs that. No one, but espically not this kid.

That isn't the artical I'm looking for - but thank you.

I'm wanting the one that discribes his testimony from the stand during his trial.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »
Driscoll also said she knew he was going to kill his parents.  Why didn't she say anything?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2005, 10:42:00 AM »
Yeah, why didn't this Driscoll person alert the authorities and save the parents?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2005, 11:02:00 AM »
Dumbass.  Don't believe everything you read in the paper.  As her best friend, I happen to know the truth behind all this. She knew nothing about what was going to happen, other than Chriss was pissed off at his parents all the time.  The papers created "comments" of hers by taking parts of her statement out of context and piecing them together to make a more interesting story.  Sorry to dissapoint everyone, but Chriss did this one all on his own.