Author Topic: Sucess stories from Struggling Teens.com  (Read 24747 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sucess stories from Struggling Teens.com
« Reply #60 on: June 05, 2005, 07:22:00 PM »
Martin, Jena

Paris, IL
217-463-8161
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 05, 2005, 07:36:00 PM »
I just went over there and read some of the most pathetic stuff ever. Telling parents they did the right thing by shipping their kids off. How sick. I can only imagine now what all those parents were whining about in their Tuff Love meetings when they convinced my mother to ship me away years ago. While I was being jailed with some kids who's parents were program pushers and Tuff Love groupies I soon found out that some of the parents were indeed child molesters that had their children locked away. How sick is that.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 05, 2005, 09:02:00 PM »
What I really can't stand is nobody ever questions how all these changes take place or how the therapy works, or explains why there is such isolation placed upon the child.

They cant call their parents, a lawyer, the cops, 911, nobody, nothing. The PARENTS are told they cant talk to their kid confidentially, period, and not at all for what, 3 months?

THATS BULLSHIT! PERIOD!

And the delusional bullshit I see the parents pulling with their "oh woe is me" pity-party in strugglingteens really grates on my nerves. You didnt do the right thing, youve been had, you just take the crap told to you over a phone, or in a seminar, as faith and without any evidence to back it up, AT ALL!

Then when some child comes out of one of those places who was totally broken, and talks accordingly, and you people are HAPPY about it? Thats SICK.

Dont any of you people have the capacity to question how any of this crap works? What the methods are? How any of the changes occur? Anyone?

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... 6&forum=41

Might wanna read up there, parents. Oh, and about those seminars?

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... forum=9&20

A little else for you all to read. But, well, if you've been through it and are a true believer, at least we can now tell you that we know exactly what happened and know its bullshit even if you arent willing to admit it is.

EDIT: ISACCorp is down apparently, new url: http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... orum=44&17

We discover in the gospels a groundwork of vulgar ignorance, of things impossible, of superstition, fanaticism and fabrication.
--Thomas Jefferson, U.S. President, author, scientist, architect, educator, and diplomat

[ This Message was edited by: Nihilanthic on 2005-06-05 18:07 ]
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 05, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »

On 2005-06-05 14:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-06-05 06:45:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Well I was "invited" to view your forum.  I belong to strugglingteens.  I am one of those insane parents who has placed a child long term in residential treatment.

I am struck by the anger, the language and the condemnation thrown in our direction.

I am sorry if you have had abusive experiences at the hands of a therapeutic school.  :nworthy:

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 05, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »

On 2005-06-05 15:08:00, krystene wrote:

"This is ridiculous. Getting angry because Dev is cutting and pasting? Don't these people think they should get angry about something that has more merit? Good grief!

Is cutting and pasting illegal! I can't believe I just read that. Dev when you get taken to jail for cutting and pasting I'll be the 1st to bond you out. :nworthy:

Offline `

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 05, 2005, 10:24:00 PM »
On 2005-06-05 15:51:00, Anonymous wrote:

"This is Andrea - and a troll?  I will not defend myself to any of you nor what I do the ones who are here who know about me and what I do I have great respect for - as we all have our opinions and have gotten past a lot of struggles.  Again to cut/copy/paste is wrong whether you agree with folks or not it is wrong just plain wrong.  Again, your opinions matter this is America - but I do not nor should anyone bash a parent who is desperatly seeking help for their child ever.  At least they are trying - unlike a lot of other parents I know who just abandon their children to the state!  Someone has to come to some sort of truce here and I reccomend and will so on struggling teens that this not keep going on - to continue to feed into a thread like this is a waste of time and energy.  (as I am typing myself) this is the last message I will post here period, you all are out of control.  Good luck with  your ventures in life, be safe and healthy.

Andrea"

::trophy::
Andrea, Troll of the Month Award

I laughed so hard my toes tingled. Thanks, Andrea.

Damn if it weren't for the kids who are in lock-up because of you, this would be pure comedy instead of a comic moment in tragedy.

Offline Devlin

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 05, 2005, 11:38:00 PM »
in true struggling teens.com fashion it you dont like the post or agree with the post or topic make it disappear! This post was just taken from struggling teens.

Momofboyz2x
Member # 4610

posted June 05, 2005 07:52 PM                        
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi Kelly. Can you go back and delete your first entry that started this thread and then the whole thread will go away? Just thought that maybe that would make the link to this thread not work that they have posted on their website. It might be worth a shot. We don't need to give them any more info or responses than we already have. They're just trying to "bait" us and we shouldn't be giving them the satisfaction or our time in responding to them.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posts: 112 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2005  |  Logged: 24.253.218.159 |

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 05, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »
On 2005-06-05 20:38:00, Devlin wrote:

"in true struggling teens.com fashion it you dont like the post or agree with the post or topic make it disappear! This post was just taken from struggling teens.

Devlin, you should have said: "just like their own children, the truth if ever said disappears and so does anyone who tries to speak it".  :sad:

Do you support drug prohibition because it finances criminals at home or because it finances terrorists abroad?
--Anonymous

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 05, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »
*** It's funny how when this shit happens to arab people who aren't even US citizens the world unites against the US govt. When we do it to our own kids, no one blinks an eye. Says a lot about the society our parents have created. Time to change!

I think this article speaks to that issue, as well as the Teen Warehouse Industry.

http://adbusters.org/the_magazine/content/view/73/106/

Comfortably Numb

Did you feel for those Iraqis who were tied down and had attack dogs baying and chewing at them? Did seeing the pictures and hearing the stories make you sick? Or were you like most of us ? engaged by the drama, entertained by the scandal, yet comfortably numb about the whole thing?

Many have replaced empathy with an ?I?-centered
sentimentality. Feeling has been turned on its head: caring is now a means not for taking action, but for feeling better about oneself or getting attention. We ride the emotional dramas in the tabloids, wear colored ribbons, and express our love for God and country. Meanwhile, we take no action ? at least none driven by empathy.

Empathy is how we respond to the plight of fellow
human beings. It is the bedrock of our moral
sensibility that allows us to feel for others, to put ourselves in their place. If you cannot feel, how can you act outside your own wants and desires? To many today, it seems easier to just deny feelings of empathy, to react to  them ?rationally? as a weakness in this hard and fast world.

But this has a cost. Losing feeling for others, or
never developing the capacity to feel deeply at all, means closing off a fundamental part of being human. We feel less not just about the millions of innocent people killed by violence in the past decade, or the thousands of civilians killed in America?s wars for peace, but also about, say, our own partner, neighbors or parents. All feelings run along the same neural
pathways.

Shutting down some means shutting down many. In the process, we become less human. As this happens, we not only stop feeling the pain of others, we become more capable of inflicting it. This is the darkest side of empathy?s erosion. If feelings underlie an empathic response, numbness makes brutality viable. Thus, as you happily switch off from humanity, you become a threat to it. We were comfortably numb about the torture at Abu Ghraib, and so were the GI guards who carried it out. Americans didn?t say sorry because they didn?t feel sorry. Simple as that.

And if we can?t feel for others, who will feel for us?
Perhaps this is part of the general worsening of
mental well-being. As a recent World Health
Organization study shows, there?s a near-perfect
correlation between the rise of alienation in the
modern world and the decline of people?s mental
states, with mental dysfunction growing globally. As empathy falls, behaviors predicated on its lack have been pathologized, like narcissistic and antisocial personalities. But these are not symptoms of organic disease. Instead, it is the social system that is in need of radical treatment.

Consider the example of antidepressant drugs like
Paxil and Zoloft. It is now understood that these ssri antidepressants shut down peoples? sexual emotions. What remains less appreciated is that they produce their mood-altering effect by essentially manufacturing apathy. Are these drugs popular, in part, precisely because they shut down our feelings? It is a frightening notion. Medicating our numbness is one thing, with a long and lonely history. But a culture medicating itself into comfortable numbness is something else. It is no longer the symptom but the cure.

Richard DeGrandpre
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 06, 2005, 12:05:00 AM »
Geesh every time I read another post from that board I feel sicker than I was reading the previous post.

On a serious note I forgave my mom for sending me away and she has forgiven me for the things I did to her. I was reading one of their posts of a parent who is basically relieved to kick her child out at the age of 18 with no resources. I thought is was pretty hurtful.

I'm glad my mom didn't follow through w/ the tough love mantra all the Tuff Love Groupies told her to follow. Who knows where I would be today had she continued to listen to that crap.

After being held against my will for 2 years from the age of 15-17 I came home and was back to my "old" ways, plus some new stuff. While my mom was angry at a lot of the self destructive stuff I did she always stood by me. Anytime I needed help she was there no matter how angry she was. This is what helped me along with the fact that I got older and I started making different choices through trial and error basically.

I really feel for all these teens out there being held captive for petty reasons. Sadly, many will have emotional scars the rest of their lives because of it.
am looking for people who survived Straight in Plymouth, Michigan. I miss a lot of people there and wonder what happened and would like to stay in touch.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 06, 2005, 02:54:00 AM »
If your best friend was stealing from you and doing drugs non stop, would you help her?  What I don't hear on this board is any personal responsibiity for actions. And a willingness to suffer the consequences. If you were using drugs, stealing, not pulling your own weight, why should anyone put up with that type of behavior?  I don't want to be around drug users, drug dealers, thieves, folks who cuss me, folks who don't want to work.  That includes my own children.  

No one has the unfettered right to abuse another human being and that includes your parents.  

I get the feeling that some of you feel that you can stay at your parent's house, do whatever the hell you want and then not expect your parents to say a word.  Just put up with it till you either grow up and as Krystene said "I got older and I started making different choices through trial and error basically."  I'm sorry but I didn't sign up for that as a parent.

Take some responsbility people for your actions and then be willing to suffer the consequences.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 06, 2005, 03:41:00 AM »
On 2005-06-05 23:54:00, Anonymous wrote:

"If your best friend was stealing from you and doing drugs non stop, would you help her?  What I don't hear on this board is any personal responsibiity for actions. And a willingness to suffer the consequences. If you were using drugs, stealing, not pulling your own weight, why should anyone put up with that type of behavior?  I don't want to be around drug users, drug dealers, thieves, folks who cuss me, folks who don't want to work.  That includes my own children.  

No one has the unfettered right to abuse another human being and that includes your parents.  

I get the feeling that some of you feel that you can stay at your parent's house, do whatever the hell you want and then not expect your parents to say a word.  Just put up with it till you either grow up and as Krystene said "I got older and I started making different choices through trial and error basically."  I'm sorry but I didn't sign up for that as a parent.

Take some responsbility people for your actions and then be willing to suffer the consequences. "

It's the parents who are unwilling to pull their own weight. It's the parents who are unwilling to take responsibility for the results of their parenting skills. It's the parents who choose to give up on being parents and pay someone else to raise their child and work out the child's issues for them.

A parent is supposed to be there for his/her children. A parent is supposed to help and guide the child, no matter how tough things get. A parent is NOT supposed to give up on his/her parental responsibilities when thing get a little rough.

Shame on you for giving up on your child like that.

Offline webcrawler

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 06, 2005, 09:28:00 AM »

"If your best friend was stealing from you and doing drugs non stop, would you help her?  What I don't hear on this board is any personal responsibiity for actions. And a willingness to suffer the consequences. If you were using drugs, stealing, not pulling your own weight, why should anyone put up with that type of behavior?  I don't want to be around drug users, drug dealers, thieves, folks who cuss me, folks who don't want to work.  That includes my own children.  

Take some responsbility people for your actions and then be willing to suffer the consequences. "

First of all you don't know the issues I overcame in my life that led me down that road of problems as a teen. For the record I have only lived w/ my parents for a little over a year and a half between the ages of 14-18. I moved out at 18. Being locked away off and on since the age of 12 and then going to an abusive program for 2 years did not prepare me for life on the outside world. I had an idenity crisis among other things once I had to rejoin society.

You think I just woke up one day and decided "hey, I'm going to rip my mother off, beat her up, use drugs, and say screw the world"? It was years of mental, physical, sexual abuse from various sources and untreated depression that led me down a destructive path. Yes, my mother stood by me when I was released at 17 and started doing the same things. I am thankful for that as parents are suppose to stand by their children and love them unconditionally.

Getting angry and locking your teens away is only a temporary solution. These places have a "break 'em down & build 'em back up" philosopy which I did not find to be therapuetic and deal with my underlying issues of why I was acting out. Having someone love me and stand by me and me learning from my own mistakes is what worked. The program I was in played no part in my healing.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 06, 2005, 01:52:00 PM »

Sounds like a program parent alright! Funny how this person denounces children abusing their parents, arguing a point that includes sending children to abusive programs!  :rofl:

In your first sentence you refer to help, yet the rest of your post refers to punishment. Which is it?

If you were using drugs, stealing, not pulling your own weight, why should anyone put up with that type of behavior?  I don't want to be around drug users, drug dealers, thieves, folks who cuss me, folks who don't want to work.  That includes my own children.  

Were you ever AT a program? Did you ever meet the kids there? Because they certainly NOT the social misfits you make them out to be. Most of them were there simply because there parents were selfished, got divorced and didn't have the time/energy to deal with their children.

Kids don't randomly start taking on bad behaviors, there is always a reason. Usually by the time the parent notices, it's too late so the best idea they can come up with is to lock 'em up until they're an adult, or at least a couple years to DRASTICALLY change their personality to become a robot.  :roll: Face it, if that is how your child acts you made mistakes... FIX IT YOURSELF ! Stop paying strangers to abuse children, its criminal. The law simply hasn't caught up with all you program freaks yet.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2005, 02:16:00 PM »
No one gets through life unscathed, in the end we are all responsible for the choices we make. To blame only the parents and not to take an honest look at one's own behavior, is doing one a disservice.  

We have all suffered trauma, it's how we chose to respond that differs.  I had a terrible upbringing, but I didn't chose to do drugs, steal, be disrespectful.

There are terrible programs and there are good ones.  It is simplistic to lay all the blame on the foot of the parents, children know right from wrong at an early age and are never to young to accept some responsibility for their actions.

No parent is perfect. Some are self absorbed; some are not. All make mistakes, but blaming isn't going to solve the problem.  Teens will search for themselves and who they are and try to find their place in the world.  Parents should try to be supportive; but parents also have the right to try and stop harmful behavior.  Just like when I child is a toddler and you hold their hand to cross the street; so it is with the parent of a teen. Some kids have problems so deep that they need therapy.  For some in patient treatment is the only way.  Not all parents just send their kids away for smoking a little weed or drinking a little alchohol.  Crystal meth and oxcy are scourges and need some serious intervention.

There is a lot of pain, but holding on to it, will never allow you to become a healthy and functioning adult.  I pray that each of you who has had a bad experience find a way to release the hurt and anger.  By doing so, you could be an example, an encouragement for others.

Peace.