Author Topic: Sucess stories from Struggling Teens.com  (Read 24756 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Sucess stories from Struggling Teens.com
« Reply #150 on: July 23, 2005, 02:25:00 AM »
there is a difference between a reputable boarding school and an abusive behavior modification facility that tries to pass itself off as a boarding school.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 23, 2005, 10:38:00 AM »
On 2005-07-22 23:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"you all need to get passed your issues with mom and dad.  accept that they sucked as parents.  maybe you didnt deserve to be in a boarding school but some kids do."

I have a feeling your entire assumption about the people on both sites is incorrect. Does your brain need you to try and simplify things to properly understand what is going on around you? Sure seems like it.

- someone who doesnt fall in any of your categories

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: July 23, 2005, 10:39:00 AM »
However, theyre just as abusive as a WWASPS program, and she makes 200K~ year (see the WWASPS vs PURE transcripts) getting kickbacks from the programs she referrs to.

lets not forget why program trolls are so intense.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #153 on: July 23, 2005, 01:07:00 PM »
On 2005-07-23 07:39:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

However, theyre just as abusive as a WWASPS program, and she makes 200K~ year (see the WWASPS vs PURE transcripts) getting kickbacks from the programs she referrs to.

lets not forget why program trolls are so intense.

"

Sorry for the ignorance, but what's a program troll?

Offline YuckFou

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: July 23, 2005, 01:14:00 PM »
here's one!

It seems to me that if you have to resort to calling someone a fucking moron for disagreeing with your childish opinions, you probably could use a class on maturity. Teens being teens? I think not. Having sex with multiple partners? Staying out all night? And refusing to change your behaviour. Sorry. Bye bye. You have choices to make and are old enough at 15 to make the right ones. Poor Lexie. Molested. Who wasn't? Get over it and move on. You don't have to "act out" (putting it mildly) that's ridiculous. I work very hard for my money, and if my kid was getting high on it and telling me to fuck off, I think I'd take that for about a minute. Where does it say that "teens can just act like teens" and parents have to put up with it? Now that is moronic. Obviously you've put your parents through hell. I only hoped THEY survived it. I'm sure they treated you like shit, giving you a curfew, and hoping you'd be smart about drugs and sex. Gosh. You're right. Put them in a jail. Ignorant. Obviously you don't have a child of your own. You don't grasp the terror of a child staying out all night or strung out on drugs. You just don't get it at all. Have fun with your fire. Hopefully, you won't be burning my house down.
J

the people who spend their lives here defending the program.. in other words--- defending their income or identity

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #155 on: July 23, 2005, 04:18:00 PM »
On 2005-07-23 07:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-07-22 23:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"you all need to get passed your issues with mom and dad.  accept that they sucked as parents.  maybe you didnt deserve to be in a boarding school but some kids do."

I have a feeling your entire assumption about the people on both sites is incorrect. Does your brain need you to try and simplify things to properly understand what is going on around you? Sure seems like it.

- someone who doesnt fall in any of your categories"

i guess no one got it.  i was being ironic.  of course the assumptions are inaccurate, but this entire back and forth between members of both sites is built on the premises i outlinesd.

if i had to chose sides however, people on this site seem inordinately bitter, to the extent they will get 50 lines of anectdotal evidence, and slam these lost parents as if they had a better grasp of what was going on.

is it even possible that even ONE of the parents being slammed on this site did the right thing and that particular moment?  sure if they had been doing the right thing earlier it wouldnt have come to that, but how many second chances do these kids get, and is it ever too late?

even when a girl tells you from the horses mouth that she feels she's better for the experience, no one even bothers saying:  "maybe you're the exception, maybe your program wasn't so bad, or maybe your mom did the right thing after all".  no sir, she's brainwashed

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: July 23, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »
sounds like you are overly obsessed with how other people feel. did you ever think those people feel that way for a reason? maybe, even possibly, a pretty damn good reason  :flame:

if i had to chose sides however, people on this site seem inordinately bitter, to the extent they will get 50 lines of anectdotal evidence, and slam these lost parents as if they had a better grasp of what was going on.

I didnt realize there were 'sides'.

why dont you actually contribute your own personal experience instead of analyzing the damn website for us. as if we need someone to do that for us.  :roll:

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #157 on: July 25, 2005, 12:48:00 AM »
Sure, I had some shitty friends when I was younger.  But they weren't nearly as sketchy as those characters I came across while at PCS.
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline dougm

• View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 25, 2005, 08:39:00 PM »
The entire basis of this forum relies on some myth that it's solely the parents fault, their intentions are to maintain control over their children, and the children, regardless of their actions, are not to be held accountable. I'll have to agree with the assessment above that many of the anti-program people on this forum still have a bone to pick with their parents. Sorry you got stuck with bad parents, but to claim that the intention of all parents sending their children to wilderness therapy is nothing more than just fulfilling their nostalgic fantasies of complete domination over their "little babies" is non-sense.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #159 on: July 25, 2005, 09:20:00 PM »
On 2005-07-25 17:39:00, dougm wrote:

"The entire basis of this forum relies on some myth that it's solely the parents fault, their intentions are to maintain control over their children, and the children, regardless of their actions, are not to be held accountable. I'll have to agree with the assessment above that many of the anti-program people on this forum still have a bone to pick with their parents. Sorry you got stuck with bad parents, but to claim that the intention of all parents sending their children to wilderness therapy is nothing more than just fulfilling their nostalgic fantasies of complete domination over their "little babies" is non-sense.

"

Why do locked boarding schools make kids go through a wilderness therapy program prior to admission?

M.O.N.E.Y. and it helps to break the kid's spirit prior to ending up in a locked institution.

SICK!

Offline dougm

• View Profile
« Reply #160 on: July 25, 2005, 11:01:00 PM »
On 2005-07-25 18:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"The entire basis of this forum relies on some myth that it's solely the parents fault, their intentions are to maintain control over their children, and the children, regardless of their actions, are not to be held accountable. I'll have to agree with the assessment above that many of the anti-program people on this forum still have a bone to pick with their parents. Sorry you got stuck with bad parents, but to claim that the intention of all parents sending their children to wilderness therapy is nothing more than just fulfilling their nostalgic fantasies of complete domination over their "little babies" is non-sense.

"

Why do locked boarding schools make kids go through a wilderness therapy program prior to admission?

M.O.N.E.Y. and it helps to break the kid's spirit prior to ending up in a locked institution.

SICK!

"

Break the kid's spirit? Most of the kids that left during my program had much more confidence in themselves before they arrived.

Offline The Liger

• View Profile
« Reply #161 on: July 25, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »
Not all parents have bad intentions when sending their kids to wilderness therapy.  In fact, most have good intentions.  It's just that they buy into a bunch of false promises and quick fixes rather than work things out the old-fashioned way.

"
t\'s pretty much my favorite animal. It\'s like a lion and a tiger mixed...bred for its skills in magic.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #162 on: July 25, 2005, 11:44:00 PM »
On 2005-07-25 20:01:00, dougm wrote:

"

On 2005-07-25 18:20:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"

SICK!

"

Break the kid's spirit? Most of the kids that left during my program had much more confidence in themselves before they arrived. "

LOL ... you sure that was "confidence"?

Sounds more like shell shock to me.

Offline bandit1978

• View Profile
« Reply #163 on: July 26, 2005, 02:01:00 AM »
Liger, you are from Kailua?  I spent 2 weeks in Kailua in June (my sister did her physical therapy internship there).
egan Flynn
RN
Survivor- Provo Canyon School

Offline dougm

• View Profile
« Reply #164 on: July 26, 2005, 04:23:00 AM »
Shell shock? After 2 months, the emotional shock of being displaced from your surroundings is gone, I know this because I was particularly resistant to accepting the fact.