Author Topic: Manipulation  (Read 3113 times)

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Manipulation
« on: May 25, 2005, 10:08:00 AM »
Anyone remember being told to stop saying "in a minute" or "just a second" or "real quick"?

It was druggie manipulation.  Dont try to manipulate someone into doing something for you by making it sound easy.  

Whats crazy is that it was stupid shit like this that just up and got implemented one day....we were never told to stop saying these things, and then just one day all of a sudden it was anathema.

I wonder sometimes, who it was exactly that was behind this sort of rule conjuring.  It always seemed to be like the executives were more of just outsiders, people who were not taught by anyone else the rules of cult-building.  I would love to know who was truly behind all the insanity there in Dallas.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline 001010

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2005, 12:57:00 PM »
Yes...  :silly:

In all seriousness, wasn't it the rich Dallas Republicans who invested in Straight, Inc. Dallas? And wasn't that a branch out of Florida? So that would make it a politically rooted financial endeavor using government mind control through media marketing/drug war propaganda. Panic Marketing, Inc. You just gotta love those Texas and Floridia Republicans.

And it worked! They made themselves quite a cozy little nest egg didn't they? All at the expense of defenseless children.

/end rant  :wave:

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke
[size=79]EST (Landmark/Lifespring/Discovery) \'83
Salesmanship Club \'84-\'86
Straight, Inc. \'86-\'88[/size]

Offline Dr. Miller Newton

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2005, 01:02:00 PM »
I utterly fail to see your objection, Carmel. Rules have to be created at sometime or another, do they not?
Teenage Drug Use Is A Disease

Offline `

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2005, 01:10:00 PM »
i got a senate thing from the early 80s, Senator Jack Wolfe, gets up in the Senate of the United States of America, and gets it on the Record of the Senate what great things Straight is doing, and Straight is having a fundraiser coming up, and here is the phone number to call! I will find that reference a little later on.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2005, 01:27:00 PM »
On 2005-05-25 09:57:00, 001010 wrote:

"I feel guilty, and sometimes I even apologize to the person I said it to for saying it."

"I feel guilty" more vile cultspeak.  I don't feel guilt anymore and I apologize for nothing.
 :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »
On 2005-05-25 10:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

"I feel guilty, and sometimes I even apologize to the person I said it to for saying it."

"I feel guilty" more vile cultspeak.  I don't feel guilt anymore and I apologize for nothing.

:grin: "

Offline linchpin

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2005, 02:35:00 PM »
One of my many past drug counsellors once told me I was a "sociopath" ~ By his understanding that meant I could do anything to anyone without guilt.
 Thats not true though..Although when I was on heroin Its how I was.
img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v495/Toothfairy_TP/u100.gif[/img]

Offline 001010

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »
On 2005-05-25 11:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2005-05-25 10:27:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

:grin: "

"

The other day I was at WalMart (yes WM, shut up) and this mentally challenged guy walks by singing, I love the Mountains" loudly. I said to my husband, "Oh my God, he was singing a Straight song." And my husband responded, "No, that's a church song too."

In reality, not everything is "cult speak" but being in Straight completely warped our perception of reality. In some ways I think permanently. It's not the words but their meanings to us, the ever so unique...yes...that's right...STRAIGHTLINGS, that make so many things in our world today different than the person sitting next to us on the short bus of life.

Yay...  :roll: Straight" and forget about it. Life's too short to trip out about it.

A good head and good heart are always a formidable combination. But when you add to that a literate tongue or pen, then you have something very special

--Nelson Mandela

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2005, 10:38:00 PM »
i never went to Straight but I was in a WWASP program for 2 years. I remember my very bizzare therapist making fun of me for always starting out my sentaces with "I think". He said I think too much. I used to feel weird about it when i said it after going home, not so much anymore. What the fuck is wrong with saying I think? Those fucking unlicensed therapists are so fucking weird. He had nothing to confront me about, so he made fun of how I started my sentances? Geez...

I remeber they told us never to say Ill try. Because you either do something or you dont. But yes, there is such a thing as trying to do something.

I also remember this one asshole Ron Garret who always said that you could never be a little bit pregnent so you could never be a little addicted to something. you either are or you arent. Such extreme mentalities!

Offline 001010

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »
You're right.

And yeah, we got the whole, "Trying is dying" b/s too.

What WWASPS were you in and when?

Vain are the thousand creeds that move men's hearts, unutterably vain, worthless as wither'd weeds.
--Emily Bronte

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. ~ Edmund Burke

Offline Angola Cheeba

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2005, 08:06:00 PM »
I was at Cross Creek Manor in La Verkin Utah. I graduated about five years ago now. There seem to be quite a few differences from CCM and Straight. Like I read on another forum that kids ran away. We had locked doors and they were those swipe key locks so no one really had a chance to run away. A few girls did, but were returned by the police. A couple of girls ran away and made it to Cali, but their "friends" turned them in. I also heard you guys didnt have hterapy but raps. No individual therapy? Is there a Striaght program still, or are they closed now? I cant imagine there is. Im sure they have enough WWASP programs now that they dont need straight. They have CASA, CCM, Tranquility Bay, and all that. I remeber if kids were not doing well at CCM, they woudl send them to High Impact in Mexico. They basically ran all day, ate beans and rice, and slept outside on concrete slabs slanting downhill. No blankets or pillows. No talking, and no English. Basically doing anything was breaking a rule. My good friend Latashia went there for like a couple of months. All I know is all of these places are wrong and more dysfunctional then the families that sent the kids there. Anyway, sorry about the whole rambling thing.

Oh and in case this was confusing, I was the annonymous poster. forgot to login.

Jean-Jacques Rousseau[ This Message was edited by: Angola Cheeba on 2005-05-26 17:08 ]
\'homme est ne\'libre et partout il est dans les fers.
Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.
Jean-Jacques Rousseau
--------------------------------------------

Offline `

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2005, 08:36:00 PM »
hey you don't have to apologise to any of us for rambling.  :smile:

i'm going to let other people comment on the lockdown thing.

i will say that what is going on in Tranquility Bay is torture, no less. ISAC (isaccorp.org) has some documents on TB for anyone who wants to know.

i guess we are all up against the same thing in a way, and other people can express this better, but it seems like people think it is okay to hurt children to get them to "behave." it is sad.

there are still "Straights", just by other names, but they have the five phases and the same methods of brainwashing and breaking kids' spirits. well Amanda i am drinking and i am going to get too sad if i start thinking about it all. ain't no heart big enough on earth to take it all in.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2005, 02:04:00 AM »
hey you don't have to apologise to any of us for rambling.
::rainbow::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »
Manipulation is like masterbation. The only one you are screwing is yourself!

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
Manipulation
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »
On 2005-05-26 17:06:00, Angola Cheeba wrote:

"I was at Cross Creek Manor in La Verkin Utah. I graduated about five years ago now. There seem to be quite a few differences from CCM and Straight. Like I read on another forum that kids ran away. We had locked doors and they were those swipe key locks so no one really had a chance to run away. A few girls did, but were returned by the police. A couple of girls ran away and made it to Cali, but their "friends" turned them in. I also heard you guys didnt have hterapy but raps. No individual therapy? Is there a Striaght program still, or are they closed now? I cant imagine there is. Im sure they have enough WWASP programs now that they dont need straight. They have CASA, CCM, Tranquility Bay, and all that. I remeber if kids were not doing well at CCM, they woudl send them to High Impact in Mexico. They basically ran all day, ate beans and rice, and slept outside on concrete slabs slanting downhill. No blankets or pillows. No talking, and no English. Basically doing anything was breaking a rule. My good friend Latashia went there for like a couple of months. All I know is all of these places are wrong and more dysfunctional then the families that sent the kids there. Anyway, sorry about the whole rambling thing.

Oh and in case this was confusing, I was the annonymous poster. forgot to login.

L'homme est ne'libre et partout il est dans les fers.

Man is born free, and everywhere he is in chains.

Jean-Jacques Rousseau[ This Message was edited by: Angola Cheeba on 2005-05-26 17:08 ]"

Wow..."High Impact", isnt that a loaded title!

I am sure in their heart of hearts, the original Straight camp wished they had come up with the idea for an overseas location.  It would have been a fabulous tool of oppression for them. They wouldnt have to threaten us with court ordering or state mental hospitals.  They could have flat out told us we would never see the light of day again.  Gives me the willies.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere