Author Topic: Jackson Culotta  (Read 9524 times)

Offline If u want to know..then a

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« on: February 23, 2005, 06:29:00 PM »
I really wish that the majority of the people posting on here were at BCA during my time. (96-99)  This was when a very powerful, passionate, HONEST, and loving man named Jackson Culotta ran the school.  I don't know if anyone ever heard the saying "I would never ask you to do something I haven't done or am not willing to do myself".  This was a very popular phrase, but Jackson really lived by this.  The school was filled with NOTHING but drug addicts, alcoholics, VERY promisicous girls, etc.  None of the kids that "couldn't make friends" were there.  There were depressed kids there who wanted to cut on themselves, but Jack wouldn't have that!  I just get sad when I hear stories about staff that I did know acting in a way that they never did when I was there, or new staff coming in and obviously not knowing how to deal with people in a social setting.  I am truly sorry for anything traumatic that ANY of these staff members did to you, but please know that at one point of time, the man running BCA was there to serve a purpose.  By the way, they fired him!  Why?  No one knows for sure.  :???:  But LaTresa was his assistant and then became the head of the school!  BAD IDEA!!! I am guessing that this was when the scheming really began and the school definately took a turn for the worse![ This Message was edited by: If u want to know..then ask on 2005-02-23 15:34 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2005, 07:03:00 PM »
Dude, i went to RMA, which by the way now no longer exists but, that was next to BCA and we all thought BCA was just a bunch of social retards, is that true?

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2005, 07:21:00 PM »
no, there were some cool people there.  but with every school there are always some people that have no common sense and shit like that.  I think the gossip that went between RMA and BCA was like playing telephone.  By the time someone else hears it, it is all distorted.  Some fucced up things DID happen, but it wasn't that serious!  I know I'm NOT a social retard.  Ha Ha!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2005, 07:24:00 PM »
Is your incredibly crass and generalizing comment by any chance  your small-petty way of slamming the person made the reasonable balanced and insightful post before yours??

Yeah there's a lot of "social retards" out there--in lots of places---obviously your post shows that---so apparently at the very least we know that you can get to be a "social retard" without going to BCA since you didn't

Poster before you sounds like a nice reasonable type so I guess we can also say that all BCA students are not "social retards"

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2005, 07:59:00 PM »
I appreciate the "back-up", but that was the KEY problem between RMA and BCA, the staff members used to talk a lot of crap about the opposite school! So, although it sounds offensive, I really don't think they were trying to be mean or vicious!  Or WERE you?!   ::mecry::

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2005, 10:42:00 PM »
yo.. fuck rma...
where my bca niggaz at?

j/k

Offline chinsk

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2005, 10:18:00 AM »
On 2005-02-23 15:29:00, If u want to know..then ask wrote:

"I really wish that the majority of the people posting on here were at BCA during my time. (96-99)  This was when a very powerful, passionate, HONEST, and loving man named Jackson Culotta ran the school.  I don't know if anyone ever heard the saying "I would never ask you to do something I haven't done or am not willing to do myself".  This was a very popular phrase, but Jackson really lived by this.  The school was filled with NOTHING but drug addicts, alcoholics, VERY promisicous girls, etc.  None of the kids that "couldn't make friends" were there.  There were depressed kids there who wanted to cut on themselves, but Jack wouldn't have that!  I just get sad when I hear stories about staff that I did know acting in a way that they never did when I was there, or new staff coming in and obviously not knowing how to deal with people in a social setting.  I am truly sorry for anything traumatic that ANY of these staff members did to you, but please know that at one point of time, the man running BCA was there to serve a purpose.  By the way, they fired him!  Why?  No one knows for sure.  :???:  But LaTresa was his assistant and then became the head of the school!  BAD IDEA!!! I am guessing that this was when the scheming really began and the school definately took a turn for the worse![ This Message was edited by: If u want to know..then ask on 2005-02-23 15:34 ]"

I would like to say this is BS.  Point 1, if you ask me he was one of the staff who I questioned his motives and methods the most.  There is a difference between passionate and abusive.  I saw him take a flying leap over that line several times.  

In terms of the school filled with drug addicts, alcoholics, permiscuous girls etc, yes there were those aspects but that was not 100% of the population, I would say that would be a minority.  BTW i didnt fall into any of those categories.

I was ther from 95-98

Offline chinsk

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2005, 10:19:00 AM »
On 2005-02-23 16:03:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Dude, i went to RMA, which by the way now no longer exists but, that was next to BCA and we all thought BCA was just a bunch of social retards, is that true?

"

No, I don't know how that whole crap got started.  most likely has something to do with the fact that there was a farm there (and yes some of the stories that followed).  I first attended BCA then got transfered to RMA.

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »
Well, opinions are definately a good thing.  Everyone had their own experience.  When I knew Jack, I knew him to be who I said he was.  If you had a different experience then that is all there is to it.  You can't really say that someone else's experience is bullshit, just because you didn't feel the same way.  Like, I said, that was the majority of the people who were there when I was, and the majority of the time only people who were friends knew their TRUE problems.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2005, 04:15:00 AM »
I know who you are talking about. He was the headmaster at Cascade School from April 2000 until summer 2001. And I'm sorry if you felt that he was a decent person, because my experience with him was the complete opposite. Cascade had at least some structure before he arrived, and he totally demolished any faith that anyone had in the school. He fired some wonderful staff for no reason other then he didn't get along with them, and they didn't agree with the horrible things he did. One of the oldest staff there (who used to work at CEDU high) "retired" because he couldn't stand the way Jack was running the school. He later came back after Jack was fired. I am trying not to cuss when I talk about him, but it's definately not easy. He was the #1 worst staff there ever.

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2005, 05:44:00 PM »
yes. that was after they let him go from BCA.  Unfortunately he probably did have a huge chip on his shoulder after he was fired.  I am sorry you experienced that with him.  I also think, (from talking with one of my old friends from BCA) that he had a soft spot for girls without dads.  And that was me.  So that is probably why I never got to see any of that.  I am sorry he made things worse at your school.  :cry:

Offline RositaCB

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2005, 01:33:00 PM »
I was also at Cascade when Jack was Headmaster and i liked him a lot, he was a sweet man who made me feel safe and cared about. he was definetly a father figure to me durring his time there.  I think everyone has a right to feel what they want but i dont agree.

Offline RES

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2005, 09:16:00 AM »
Jack was a wonderful man.  He was probably my favorite staff at bca.  i was there from 96-99.  i always felt like he genuinely cared about every single person at that school.  he was completely honest with you about everything.  he was the best team leader of the best team (mountain lions!!!!).  he is one of the very few people i would actually like to keep in touch with.  i heard he is working at a school in south carolina.

Offline Curious John

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #13 on: February 28, 2005, 09:58:00 PM »
Actually, he is no longer with Cherokee Creek Boys School in South Carolina. He is now the Director of Business Development for Confident Living, INC. in Boulder, CO. I do not know this man or even know what he looks like (his latest employer has not included his photo with the rest of the staff) but I will give you the timeline of his career that I have managed to piece together.

?-? - Headmaster of Boulder Creek Academy (1)
?-? - Executive Director for the Northwest Region of CEDU (1)
June 14, 2000-September 27, 2001 - Headmaster at Cascade School , in Whitmore, California (1)(2)(3)
?-? - Consultant to Coronado Academy, Costa Rica (9)
November, 2002-November 8, 2003 - Headmaster, Co-Founder, and Owner of Cherokee Creek Boys School, Westminster, South Carolina (1)(4)(5)(6)(7)
?-? - Director of Resident Life at Brandon Hall School, Atlanta, GA (9)
October, 2004-? - Director of Business Development for Confident Living, INC, Boulder, CO (8)(9)

(1) "Leadership Staff" --- http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cache:zG ... r=&strip=1
(2) "Seen 'n Heard, 2000.07 - Page 2" --- http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives ... een02.html
(3) "Seen 'n Heard, 2001.10 -Page 2" --- http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives ... een02.html
(4) "Seen 'n Heard, 2002.12.24" --- http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives ... heard.html
(5) "New Perspectives, 2003.05.14 - Cherokee Creek Boys School" --- http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives ... eeknp.html
(6) "Seen 'n Heard, 2003.09.23" --- http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives ... heard.html
(7) "Seen 'n Heard, 2003.12.03" --- http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives ... heard.html
(8) "Seen 'n Heard, 2004.12.06" --- http://www.strugglingteens.com/archives ... heard.html
(9) "About Confident Living: The Staff" --- http://www.confidentlivinginc.com/whoweare.html

I would greatly appreciate it if anyone could help me fill in the dates for his time at CEDU or the other organizations.

Thanks, John

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Jackson Culotta
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2005, 01:53:00 AM »
He was my teamleader before he was headmaster at BCA