Author Topic: Prophecy??  (Read 1998 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« on: May 01, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »
Mother Shipton was born Ursula Sontheil in 1488 in a cave beside the river Nidd in North Yorkshire, England.
She wrote her prophecies like poems.

She died in 1561.

The copy I have differs somehwat from this version; which leads me to wonder which is the more accurate - but for the most part they are identical. I got my copy from Focus on the Family, back in the 80's; I found this on line.

Mother Shipton's Poem

A carriage without horse will go
Disaster fill the world with woe.
In London, Primrose Hill shall be
In centre hold a Bishop's See

Around the world men's thoughts will fly
Quick as the twinkling of an eye.

Then upside down the world shall be
And gold found at the root of tree
All England's sons that plough the land
Shall oft be seen with Book in hand
The poor shall now great wisdom know
and water wind were corn did grow.

Great houses stand in farflung vale
All covered o'er with snow and hail

Through towering hills proud men shall ride
No horse or ass move by his side.
Beneath the water, men shall walk
Shall ride, shall sleep, shall even talk.
And in the air men shall be seen
In white and black and even green

A great man then, shall come and go
For prophecy declares it so.

In water, iron, then shall float
As easy as a wooden boat
Gold shall be seen in stream and stone
In land that is yet unknown.

You think this strange, but it is true
 England shall admit the Jew
The Jew that once was held in scorn
Shall of a Christian then be born.

A house of glass shall come to pass
In England. But Alas, alas
A war will follow with the work
Where dwells the Pagan and the Turk

These states will lock in fiercest strife
And seek to take each others life.
When North shall thus divide the south
And Eagle build in Lions mouth
Then tax and blood and cruel war
Shall come to every humble door.

Three times shall lovely sunny France
Be led to play a bloody dance
Before the people shall be free
Three tyrant rulers shall she see.

Three rulers in succession be
Each springs from different dynasty.
Then when the fiercest strife is done
England and France shall be as one.

The British olive shall next then twine
In marriage with a german vine.
Men walk beneath and over streams
Fulfilled shall be their wondrous dreams.

And now a word of uncoth ryme
of what shall be in future time
For in those wondrous far off days
The women shall adopt a craze
To dress like men, and trousers wear
And to cut off their lovely locks of hair
They'll ride astride with brazen brow
As witches do on broomstick now.

Then love shall die and marriage cease
And nations wane as babes decrease

And wives shall fondle cats and dogs
And men live much the same as hogs.

In nineteen hundred and twenty six
Build houses light of straw and sticks.
For then shall mighty wars be planned
And fire and sword shall sweep the land.

For those who live the century through
In fear and trembling this shall do.
Flee to the mountains and the dens
To bog and forest and wild fens.

For storms will rage and oceans roar
When Gabriel stands on sea and shore
And as he blows his wondrous horn
Old worlds die and new be born.

This section was kept apart from the other and it appears to
have been written together yet was in a separate jar    

The signs will be there for all to read
When man shall do most heinous deed
Man will ruin kinder lives
By taking them as to their wives.

And murder foul and brutal deed
When man will only think of greed.
And man shall walk as if asleep
He does not look - he many not peep
And iron men the tail shall do
And iron cart and carriage too.

The kings shall false promise make
And talk just for talkings sake
And nations plan horrific war
The like as never seen before
And taxes rise and lively down
And nations wear perpetual frown.

Yet greater sign there be to see
As man nears latter century
Three sleeping mountains gather breath
And spew out mud, and ice and death.
And earthquakes swallow town and town,
In lands as yet to me unknown.

And christian one fights christian two
And nations sigh, yet nothing do
And yellow men great power gain
From mighty bear with whom they've lain.

These mighty tyrants will fail to do
They fail to split the world in two.
But from their acts a danger bred
An ague - leaving many dead.
And physics find no remedy
For this is worse than leprosy.

Oh many signs for all to see
The truth of this true prophecy.

I also found this interesting. There was no mention of her name:

Eskimo Woman Prophecies
An Eskimo woman born on November 5, 1877.
She predicted -

- The date World War I would start
- The assassination of President John F. Kennedy two years before it happened
- The appearance of the Virgin Mary at Fatima
- The Challenger space shuttle disaster

Predictions in our timeline:

"I saw the orca, my brother the killer whale, when he came to me in a dream.

Comes the orca whale in winter, with the news of our Savior's coming.

Cold the blue Pacific water, when the mammoth mountain blooms.

"The orca says when the Pacific waters are at their coldest, when the winter sun shines like water, a mountain that men call The Mammoth will explode and hurl smoke and flame miles into the sky.

"The orca told me our Savior is coming very soon.

"The mountains will bloom with fire, by and by, but very soon, before the winter snows melt and the orcas go back to the open sea.

"Then will come Our Savior, the Lord Jesus in all his glory, Trumpets will sound from horizon to horizon and the sky will be filled with the heavenly hosts and a great voice, as loud as any wind, will say: "Behold, for here is the Son Of Man, come to take possession of His kingdom., all these things will come to pass within the span of my life. For these things I know.

"A doctor with a foreign name will use plants like the 'Forget-Me-Not' to make cures for many diseases. Cancer and the flu will never kill people again. The wasting disease that first struck at man who love other men will be cured at last.

"These things will become known to everyone around the world before we see the last of winter and the spring sun shines.

"Russia will return to Communism and more than 20 million people will die in concentration camps as democracy is purged. Statues of Stalin will once again be raised all over the nation and the spector of nuclear war will again haunt the earth.

"The stock market will crash, losing 1,000 points in the biggest one-day drop in history.

"Israel will discover vast oil reserves near the Dead Sea, enough to supply the entire earth for 500 years, making that embattled nation one of the greatest economic powers on earth.

"A huge golden cross will appear at the pinnacle of the Great Pyramid at Giza in Egypt and remain there for seven days and seven nights. It will serve as a rallying point for the forces of good as the Battle of Armageddon begins.

"In the hours before Jesus returns to Earth, the whole world will smell of roses.

"The orca said the Lord will do this so men will know the time has come.

"Remember to test the air for the smell of the roses.

"That day is coming very soon."
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »
Interesting.

I've never heard that one. The world will smell like roses an hour before His return? That's wild!

Especially since his return is supposed to be at Armageddon - which is among both the desert and mountains - so that would be freaky to be smelling roses in the middle of no-where during a battle! Wild.

And that's some interesting prophecies you posted. It reminds me of this special I saw on the History channel (or somewhere), and it included a piece about an American Indian woman who was a prophetess who saw the end-times, but I got the impression she was alive within the last 50 years.

Anyway - thanks for sharing that, Anon! That was very interesting and a good read.   :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »
Your welcome.

I'm glad you found it interesting. Keep in mind; I am not saying by posting these that I personally am convinced these ladies are genuine Prophets of God; although, As far as I am able to tell, Mother Shipton at least, hits the nail on the head over and over, and I am not able to find any error in her words; Although there are some verses I am not sure about.

The Eskimo lady was interesting to me for a few reasons. She mentions apparent volcanic destruction; as does Mother Shipton.
Others have suggested that Israel will discover such an oil reserve. But it seems like they would have by now if its there. Some have suggested that due to massive earth quakes; the oil fields will shift and all the oil in the middle east end up under the dead sea! But that's just people day dreaming about how things might play out in the Latter days. God never said this.

As for the roses - that caught my attention. I've never herd that before, but it is often reported that the smell of roses has accompanied miracles and been present at the end of successful exorcisms. Haunted houses often smell musty and moldy; sometimes to the point of a rotten stench. People have claimed at the successful ridding of the house from the haunting sprits, the smell of roses was strong.
I am not claiming these things as fact; but others do, and so the Eskimo woman's prophecy about smelling roses caught my interest.

Then the Prophecy about the cross over the pyramid.
That is also of interest to me.
Egypt has always been special to God. I would say second only to Israel itself. There are Biblical prophecies that Egypt will have a sudden and massive change of heart and turn to the God of Israel; and reading the prophecy from a Christian perspective; this means Egypt will suddenly and overwhelmingly convert to Christianity; Calling Yeshua Ha Mesheah Lord and Savior. So this Eskimo woman's prophecy about a gold cross over the pyramid is very interesting.

Again, I'm glad you found them thought provoking.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2004, 01:38:00 PM »
Stop smoking angel dust.

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2004, 11:15:00 PM »
:lol: Angel-dust, funny pun Anon 2.

Yeah that's neat stuff about the roses and the golden cross.

Are there specific prophecies about Egypt? Where are they in Scripture?

I know about the one that says the gospel will go throughout all the world - which now, with satellite, is actually happening in Middle Eastern countries like Iraq, Iran, Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Pakistan etc. - and even China has allowed them in (the Christian programs and satellite access) - so that's pretty freaky that even China let them in! And I always wondered about the "Every eye will see Jesus' return" - but again, after watching the war on television years ago - that's understandable now too.

But still, it's all so freaky to see things happening in the world that I used to study in school! I mean, I honestly thought that if the last-days prophecies were going to happen in my lifetime, that I'd see it come to pass when I was in my seventies or eighties at least - so sad to say, I am a little disappointed that things are happening so quickly around me. And did you know there's been a movement (for years now) to rebuild the Temple in Israel? Scary!

So yeah - it's very thought-provoking to read prophecies like these!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2004, 11:23:00 PM »
//did you know there's been a movement (for years now) to rebuild the Temple in Israel? Scary! //

Nahh. . .Exciting!
:smile:
There are many Biblical prophicies concerning Egypt.

I have called My Son from Egypt -
Hosea, Chapter 11 verse 1

You recal the fleeing into Egypt to escape Herod?

You might want to first look at Isaiah Chapter 19.
In the last paragraphs Isaiah explains how Egypt will be redeemed ; which is what I was refering to above.

If you want an idea of what the new earth will be like when Christ returns, read Isaiah Chapter 11.

And also Isaiah 65, begining in vvers 16

Isaiah happens to be my favorite prophet.
:smile:
But Prophecy is quite wonderful and fasinating and is all threw the Bible. For instance, the Psalms are full of prophecy.

If your really interested in the subject; I suggest getting yourself a translation in modern English; unless you are accustom to the Kings' English and comfortable with it.
I also very much like my Paraphrase edition - The Living Bible. Very easy to read and understand - but its not a word for word translation; and you should get a good translation if you haven't got one.
And then consider a few good books on the subject.
An easy to read classic on end time prophecy is The Late Great Planet Earth; by Hal Lindsay.
Lamb and Lion Ministries has a nice web site and they cover a lot of prophecy teaching.
And I like Bridges for Peace's site. They have a lot of articals on Prophecy; as well as many other very interesting subjects.
Zola Levitt also has a very nice web site with many good articals and books available.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2004, 11:46:00 PM »
Karen, is there any thing in the bible that explains why in the year 2004, there's so many kids in private lock-down facilities it's hard to imagine kids growing up WITHOUT being abused in the name of _________ (pick one: God, Treatment, Therapy, etc.)?

:eek:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2004, 11:28:00 AM »
Actually, I do believe so.

Just off the top of my head I can suggest taking a look at Galatians CH 5 vs 19 threw 22; but for the good news, continue threw vs 26.

And consider Second Timothy, ch. 3

Now, please don't misunderstand why I point to these verses.
I am not saying the kids fit the discription and so deserve to be treated as they are in some 'programs.'
As I have pointed out before, there are vrses where Christ Himself explains how precious childern are; and how seriously God takes it when they are mistreated.
I am suggesting these ills have infected society at large and so people in genreal are as discribed; and the result is these programs; as well as many other evils and wrongs that people do to one another.

Offline LeighBright

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2004, 09:33:00 PM »
Hosea and Isaiah? I don't think I've ever really read Isaiah other than in regards to the prophecy (and fulfillment) about Jesus. It discusses the last days? I'll have to check it out!

Yeah - I like King James - and understand it fairly well, but I've also encountered a preacher who reads first from the K.J. and then from a modern version. And I can definitely see where the modern version gives you more wisdom in truly grasping the meaning of the words! But I truly am partial to the K.J. (I went to some crazy Baptist schools and I've been indoctrinated not to trust "new, modern" versions)  :lol: but I've since seen the "light" on utilizing one with the other and think it's a good idea - especially when dealing with prophecy! I mean, it's real easy to see in in retrospect - like with the prophecies about Jesus - but when it's in the future, it's harder to tell.

Like the burning mountain that hits the earth and burns a third of it. That could be any number of things and is basically left up to interpretation. My ideas? It could be a meteor, a nuclear device, a future space station gone awry, or God throwing a literal burning mountain at the earth.

I've read Lindsay - I used to watch Zola on t.v. before my schedule changed - and you know who I just thought of? There's a ministry in St. Petersburg, FLA - what is their name? Man. It escapes me at the moment - but I see the guy on Christian television a lot - Perry somebody - but he and another guy have this annual prophecy conference in St. Pete in February. Lindsay is a speaker at it - it has something to do with news - like godsnews or something. Yeah, I think the ministry is called godsnews. Perry Stone! And godsnews might be his buddie's ministry - but he's involved with it.  

But anyway, thanks for the verses! I'll check them out.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2005, 10:04:00 AM »
Hi,

St Petersborg is in RUSSIA,
not in FLA,
wherever Fla is.

There aren't many three letter countries
that i can think of, Goa is one,
near India.

Maybe its some tiny little unknown place.
Where is it ?

Regards, John :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2005, 10:25:00 PM »
The only true prophet is Idreamofnewtonsburning, or IDNB to his friends and fans.  He predicted Miller Newton's bankruptcy fraud case, as well as his illness.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2005, 01:11:00 AM »
Problem with prophecy is, all of them can't be seen until after the fact. They are so vague you couldn't possibly understand what they mean BEFORE it happens, so it's not really a prophecy. Just a vague enough poem that could fit many possible futures. Rebuilding a temple in Jerusalem, what will that solve? LOL

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Prophecy??
« Reply #12 on: January 22, 2012, 02:57:53 PM »
Yeah, but IDNB's prophecies have come true, in one form or another, within a year or so of his making them.  IDNB is de man for all your precognitve needs.....