Author Topic: BENCHMARK YOUNG ADULT SCHOOL  (Read 2792 times)

Offline truthseeker

• View Profile
BENCHMARK YOUNG ADULT SCHOOL
« on: July 07, 2016, 04:29:54 PM »
Hi....I am very concerned about what I have read about Benchmark Young Adult School in Redlands California.  They have purchased two properties in our community in residential neighborhoods and plan on using them for substance abuse recovery.  I have a big heart for recovery, however, large facilities should not be in residential neighborhoods.  Jayne (founder of Benchmark) continues to bully our city leaders with her LA attorney's (in cheap suits! lol).  We have legal counsel and have no plans of backing down to her bullying ways.  If you have any information on Benchmark or know anyone that does, please message me.  I really appreciate it! Truthseeker
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 07:57:34 PM by truthseeker »

Offline T.O.

• View Profile
Re: BENCHMARK YOUNG ADULT SCHOOL
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 05:21:40 PM »
You should be very, very concerned.

As a survivor of Benchmark, I tell you that what you need to worry about is not the impact of the young people on your neighborhood - most of them are just lost.

What you should worry about is the for-profit, under-qualified and abusive way that the program is run. I, and many other survivors of Benchmark, continue to receive therapy in order to recover from the damage inflicted BY the program.

As a side note, having seem the absolutely OFFENSIVE comments Benchmark issued comparing your community members to Nazi's, I would mention that as a Jewish resident I observed continuous ignorance and prejudice against myself and the few other Jewish students. That is not to mention the literally fascist ways that Benchmark itself operates (having students dig and fill in ditches all day in the heat, placing them under house confinement, restricting food intake...). Pots and kettles, anyone?

Don't let them into your neighborhood. Be a good person, find an organization that does REAL GOOD and invite them to come into your town - not these money-grubbing and abusive vipers.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Re: BENCHMARK YOUNG ADULT SCHOOL
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2016, 10:11:28 PM »
Where are you seeing these comments. T.O.? I heard a rumor that there's been some sort of feud going on between Benchmark and the community. I'd love to know more. Are there news articles? Social media? I'd like to know more.
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes