Author Topic: Imagine...  (Read 1831 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Stonewall

  • Posts: 111
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Imagine...
« on: November 03, 2010, 07:13:53 PM »
For Eternity we have taught our children to believe this or that, to follow a certain religion, or Nationalism, or Racism... or we condemn them to hell. For Eternity. Perhaps instead we should do the opposite. Tell them to get together for all of our differences, and then face hell later on.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Stonewall

  • Posts: 111
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 07:18:18 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Stonewall

  • Posts: 111
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 07:24:17 PM »
In fact, if everyone just went along with the Beatles... we'd get along just fine.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anne Bonney

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5006
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2010, 11:08:55 AM »
Quote from: "Stonewall"
In fact, if everyone just went along with the Beatles... we'd get along just fine.

 :tup:   The song that I'm assuming this thread was titled for is so true.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline seamus

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 824
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2010, 05:58:49 PM »
I always thought that Don Henly's LITTLE TIN GOD  musta been written with ross/peterman/newton/or at least art barker in mind. But then again .......I cant take anybody as preachy as john lennon seriously. Thats just me though.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
It\'d be sad if it wernt so funny,It\'d be funny if it wernt so sad

Offline Froderik

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 7547
  • Karma: +10/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2010, 11:09:57 AM »
John's earlier solo stuff is a bit better musically than his later stuff; worth checking out, if you haven't..
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline heretik

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 357
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2010, 03:43:16 PM »
Quote from: "seamus"
I always thought that Don Henly's LITTLE TIN GOD  musta been written with ross/peterman/newton/or at least art barker in mind. But then again .......I cant take anybody as preachy as john lennon seriously. Thats just me though.

I was inspired by your post here that I pasted his song on another political thread, hope you did not mind. John Lennon was a unique personality, very deep.
 
I liked his audaciousness with the US Govt during the latter campaign of the Vietnam War (carpet bombing), Nixon hated him and anybody Nixon hated was good with me.

Don Henley, can be snobbish but he kicks ass with what he supports.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Stonewall

  • Posts: 111
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2010, 07:55:49 PM »
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline try another castle

  • Registered Users
  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2693
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2010, 11:26:06 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
Quote from: "Stonewall"
In fact, if everyone just went along with the Beatles... we'd get along just fine.

 :tup:   The song that I'm assuming this thread was titled for is so true.



CEDU had an entire workshop based on that song. And our three day workshop involved most of the music from the Plastic Ono Band. In fact, Lennon himself was into primal scream for a while.


I personally think that he was an arrogant prick, and a huge snob, and that opinion is completely independent of CEDU's general hippietard asshattery. Most of his political stunts and protests were more about him than whatever cause he was pretending to give a shit about. Ego-motherfucking-maniac.There's a great audio compilation of Lennon soundbites, remixed to music. He is being himself: talking like a complete asshole. I cant recall the name of it. (Its possible one of those youtube links in this thread is it, but Im too lazy to check.)

His music and his personal philosophy involved naive, simplistic, misguided, and totally toxic thinking. It's no accident the program had such a hard-on for him.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5513
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 07:38:33 AM »
Quote from: "try another castle"



CEDU had an entire workshop based on that song. And our three day workshop involved most of the music from the Plastic Ono Band. In fact, Lennon himself was into primal scream for a while.


I personally think that he was an arrogant prick, and a huge snob, and that opinion is completely independent of CEDU's general hippietard asshattery. Most of his political stunts and protests were more about him than whatever cause he was pretending to give a shit about. Ego-motherfucking-maniac.There's a great audio compilation of Lennon soundbites, remixed to music. He is being himself: talking like a complete asshole. I cant recall the name of it. (Its possible one of those youtube links in this thread is it, but Im too lazy to check.)

His music and his personal philosophy involved naive, simplistic, misguided, and totally toxic thinking. It's no accident the program had such a hard-on for him.

Dont take any offense by this but I have been reading enough here to say that it is entirely possible that you dislike John Lennon because of the association with the CEDU workshop.  I believe you would be equally pissed off at Jimi Hendrix, Duane Allman, Eric Clapton, Robert Johnson or Keith Richards if they developed a workshop around them.  My daughter cannot stand some of the music she heard while in the program because it reminds her of the tough time she had there and even disagrees with the musicians views.  Similar to the way you feel about John Lennon.



...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Shadyacres

  • Posts: 315
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 07:58:25 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"
 My daughter cannot stand some of the music she heard while in the program because it reminds her of the tough time she had there and even disagrees with the musicians views.

...

A "tough time" is what your daughter was having BEFORE you forced her into a mind rape mill ( assuming for the sake of argument that she really exists ), probably as a result of having at least one completely incompetent and selfish parent.  And I'm with Heretic on John Lennon, anyone Nixon hated that much must have been doing something right.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5513
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2010, 08:11:24 AM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"
Quote from: "Whooter"
 My daughter cannot stand some of the music she heard while in the program because it reminds her of the tough time she had there and even disagrees with the musicians views.

...

A "tough time" is what your daughter was having BEFORE you forced her into a mind rape mill ( assuming for the sake of argument that she really exists ), probably as a result of having at least one completely incompetent and selfish parent.  And I'm with Heretic on John Lennon, anyone Nixon hated that much must have been doing something right.

My daughter didnt go to CEDU or a mind rape mill as you call it.  She was having a tough time before she entered a program also, but it is clear that you blindly buy into the hype here on fornits and have never been to a program yourself or you would know that it is hard work and not necessarily the best memory of your life but it wasnt horrible either.  Many of the kids look back on the program they were in and it reminds them of a tough patch in their life.



...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline none-ya

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 2103
  • Karma: +0/-1
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2010, 09:03:26 AM »
Quote
whooter wrote;
"Many of the kids look back on the program they were in and it reminds them of a tough patch in their life.


"

Gee wonder why? The art of overstating the obvious? For most of us it reminds us of the absolute worst patch of life. GEEZE!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
?©?€~¥@

Offline Shadyacres

  • Posts: 315
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2010, 10:27:19 AM »
Quote from: "Whooter"

My daughter didnt go to CEDU or a mind rape mill as you call it.  She was having a tough time before she entered a program also, but it is clear that you blindly buy into the hype here on fornits and have never been to a program yourself or you would know that it is hard work and not necessarily the best memory of your life but it wasnt horrible either.  Many of the kids look back on the program they were in and it reminds them of a tough patch in their life.

...



Imagine;
150 kids sitting in church pews, about 90 boys on one side of the room and about 60 girls on the other side.  They sit there for 12 to 16 hours a day, not allowed to move or talk or look in any direction but straight ahead.  If they start to doze off, someone digs knuckles into their back or licks their finger and sticks it in the kids ear (eeww!)
   Imagine being hungry all day every day.  Imagine being terrified, all day every day.  Imagine spending all day praying that one or the other of your parents will come to their senses and come rescue you, only to have those prayers go unanswered every day.  Imagine being “restrained” by a half dozen over excited, untrained teenagers on the hard concrete floor.
   Yes Whooter, I have been in a program.  And yes Whooter, it was horrible.  Horrible might not even be a strong enough word.  Twenty five years have gone by and I still have nightmares about that place.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Whooter

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 5513
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Imagine...
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2010, 10:41:32 AM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"
Quote from: "Whooter"

My daughter didnt go to CEDU or a mind rape mill as you call it.  She was having a tough time before she entered a program also, but it is clear that you blindly buy into the hype here on fornits and have never been to a program yourself or you would know that it is hard work and not necessarily the best memory of your life but it wasnt horrible either.  Many of the kids look back on the program they were in and it reminds them of a tough patch in their life.

...



Imagine;
150 kids sitting in church pews, about 90 boys on one side of the room and about 60 girls on the other side.  They sit there for 12 to 16 hours a day, not allowed to move or talk or look in any direction but straight ahead.  If they start to doze off, someone digs knuckles into their back or licks their finger and sticks it in the kids ear (eeww!)
   Imagine being hungry all day every day.  Imagine being terrified, all day every day.  Imagine spending all day praying that one or the other of your parents will come to their senses and come rescue you, only to have those prayers go unanswered every day.  Imagine being “restrained” by a half dozen over excited, untrained teenagers on the hard concrete floor.
   Yes Whooter, I have been in a program.  And yes Whooter, it was horrible.  Horrible might not even be a strong enough word.  Twenty five years have gone by and I still have nightmares about that place.

Assuming (just for a moment) that you really did attend a program, your account is vastly different than my daughters.  They had great food, she gained weight in spite of being 10 times as active.  Not one restraint was needed ever that she or I could recall or other graduates before and after her on any student.  The only time the kids had to sit for long periods of time was when they were in the class room.  The kids called the place a bubble because they felt safe there, they were never scared or had a reason to be.

How can a person grow and build self esteem, work on family issues, study for PSAT's etc. in an environment that you describe?  Either these programs are vastly different and vary from one to another or you are not being truthful to the readers here about being in a program or the details you described.



...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »