Author Topic: Anti-Program Marketing Materials  (Read 2766 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 548
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« on: April 21, 2009, 08:02:24 PM »
So we have all seen how the marketing materials of the programs have a way of convincing desperate parents that these facilities offer some sort of "treatment" to teens in order to cure them of their adolescent behavior.

So what if we made our own marketing materials ie: pamphlets and testimony videos, (even if only passed on through email) to directly mimic the way the programs market themselves in order to counter these things with the truth. these pamphlets could be passed out at different events, but also be sent to parents who are considering sending their child to the programs.

Psy had the idea to create websites that parents would stumble upon when researching the schools, parents can submit their email or PO boxes to these sites and we can send them our TTI pamphlet (or email) and any other information (testimony, articles, known associates, research) that is known about the particular school they are looking into. I assume most of this information will be available on the website, but sometimes having the information in hand to compare to the marketing materials they received for the school helps them to consider both sides before making the decision.

I would be willing to design this pamphlet, if others here would be willing to donate some research, writing and quotes from your personal testimony. I know that it is difficult to devote yourself to projects like this, we are all very busy with work and family and the rest of our lives but I think this is a project small enough for us to handle if we can all donate some free time to it.

Any and all suggestions welcome of course.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]




[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Deprogrammed

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 740
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2009, 12:51:12 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
So we have all seen how the marketing materials of the programs have a way of convincing desperate parents that these facilities offer some sort of "treatment" to teens in order to cure them of their adolescent behavior.

So what if we made our own marketing materials ie: pamphlets and testimony videos, (even if only passed on through email) to directly mimic the way the programs market themselves in order to counter these things with the truth. these pamphlets could be passed out at different events, but also be sent to parents who are considering sending their child to the programs.

Psy had the idea to create websites that parents would stumble upon when researching the schools, parents can submit their email or PO boxes to these sites and we can send them our TTI pamphlet (or email) and any other information (testimony, articles, known associates, research) that is known about the particular school they are looking into. I assume most of this information will be available on the website, but sometimes having the information in hand to compare to the marketing materials they received for the school helps them to consider both sides before making the decision.

I would be willing to design this pamphlet, if others here would be willing to donate some research, writing and quotes from your personal testimony. I know that it is difficult to devote yourself to projects like this, we are all very busy with work and family and the rest of our lives but I think this is a project small enough for us to handle if we can all donate some free time to it.

Any and all suggestions welcome of course.

This is of course, and excellent idea,although not a new one.
This concept has been successful at protests I have organized and attended.
If ye need some ideas or templates let me know, as I can send ye some, no problem.
Really the dilemmna always ends up being financial etc....and thenthe marketing halts.

hit me back
-DP
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 548
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 03:02:23 AM »
Yea I've seen it done at events as well and I think its a good tactic. But I do think we should first make it available to be sent in emails in order to reach a bigger audience. I do hope that more extensive information will be available on the TTI website, but I do think as a way to break the ice about the information available about the TTI.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]




[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Che Gookin

  • Global Moderator
  • Newbie
  • *****
  • Posts: 4240
  • Karma: +11/-3
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2009, 11:46:30 PM »
Advertise in Playboy magazine. You'll be sure to reach millions of men that way.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deprogrammed

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 740
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2009, 09:04:39 AM »
My thing is this: There is all of this talk about what we should be doing. Well, instead of talking why don't we just do? Ye know like actually take action.
The only way to shut these places down for good is to be visible and present in the community that each particular program resides and pratices in.
This is the method that has been successful so far. No one has shut anything down without any footwork.
This comment is aimed at all of the people, including survivors that do not get out and talk to people about this issue in person. How is the public supposed to be outraged about this topic if they are not educated about it. Why is the public supposed to care unless someone touches their life with this topic?
Food for thought.
ACTION is the way.
-DP
TTI or no TTI....regardless...it has and will be taking actually pulling ones ass off of the internet, getting out in your community and actually educating the public.
-DP
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 548
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2009, 08:03:46 PM »
ok, I can feel you on that... that something CAFETY is doing, I have attended meet and greet events to simply spread the word but HONESTLY that strategy isn't effective on a large scale. The internet is the best way to spread information, and the media is the best way to achieve community awareness, not some crazies out on the street telling their war stories to anyone who will listen.

People tend to feel uncomfortable when I tell them that I was once tortured, or about how the programs in general operated... to the average person, this whole concept just goes right over their heads.

I would really like to see an influx of documentaries, network investigations and news casts on the issues, especially the current closing of many different programs. A VERY good story could be pulled out of covering the closing of Tranquility Bay in Jamaica and WWASP in general... but for some reason no one has picked it up. I've sent multiple tip offs to my local and national news stations and encouraged others to do the same but it seems that once again this issue gets swept under the rug, when the lives of celebrities are sooooo much more fascinating.

Honestly the best offense is a good defense, if we can set up websites that operate as roadblocks for parents looking into the programs in order to warn them, and detour them to healthy alternatives we will be able to really hit the programs at their source. Think about it, if we can use the same tactics they use to bait their clients in order to steal their clients away we will kill their supply, and they will have to shut down. Of course this is what we HAVE been doing just by being here on fornits and operating other sites like the SPFT, TTI and the Wikis and building organizations like HEAL, CAFETY, ASTART and ISAC.

Of course the programs can always blame their loss of business on the economy, but I think we have had a significant effect on their ability to reel in clients via the internet. Now all they can depend on is the cult disciples they breed through the seminars... and I think that's where public awareness and public demonstration will have a hard hitting effect. I think Anon had a good strategy for this, and we would be wise to follow suit. We need to expose these places for what they really are... CULTS.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]




[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline TheWho

  • Posts: 7256
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2009, 08:32:32 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
People tend to feel uncomfortable when I tell them that I was once tortured, or about how the programs in general operated... to the average person, this whole concept just goes right over their heads

I believe you are targeting the wrong people.  The average parent could care less about specialty schools unless they have a kid who needs them.  Then you have a 2 week window in which to identify who they are and contact them which is impossible.  By that time they have already developed a plan and someone else has their ear.  That someone else is typically a school counsellor or and Education consultant.

Forget the parents (or at least put them on the back burner), try to convince, educate and target the education consultants.  They are the ones with the power.  Yes they are getting paid, but they are not all evil people.  They are just in denial, trying to make extra money or just donít want to hear it.  You need to figure out a way to sway them, get in their face without pissing them off... maybe one program at a time.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deprogrammed

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 740
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2009, 01:09:33 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
ok, I can feel you on that... that something CAFETY is doing, I have attended meet and greet events to simply spread the word but HONESTLY that strategy isn't effective on a large scale. The internet is the best way to spread information, and the media is the best way to achieve community awareness, not some crazies out on the street telling their war stories to anyone who will listen.

People tend to feel uncomfortable when I tell them that I was once tortured, or about how the programs in general operated... to the average person, this whole concept just goes right over their heads.

I would really like to see an influx of documentaries, network investigations and news casts on the issues, especially the current closing of many different programs. A VERY good story could be pulled out of covering the closing of Tranquility Bay in Jamaica and WWASP in general... but for some reason no one has picked it up. I've sent multiple tip offs to my local and national news stations and encouraged others to do the same but it seems that once again this issue gets swept under the rug, when the lives of celebrities are sooooo much more fascinating.

Honestly the best offense is a good defense, if we can set up websites that operate as roadblocks for parents looking into the programs in order to warn them, and detour them to healthy alternatives we will be able to really hit the programs at their source. Think about it, if we can use the same tactics they use to bait their clients in order to steal their clients away we will kill their supply, and they will have to shut down. Of course this is what we HAVE been doing just by being here on fornits and operating other sites like the SPFT, TTI and the Wikis and building organizations like HEAL, CAFETY, ASTART and ISAC.

Of course the programs can always blame their loss of business on the economy, but I think we have had a significant effect on their ability to reel in clients via the internet. Now all they can depend on is the cult disciples they breed through the seminars... and I think that's where public awareness and public demonstration will have a hard hitting effect. I think Anon had a good strategy for this, and we would be wise to follow suit. We need to expose these places for what they really are... CULTS.

Hi again,

Yeah, it is good Cafety is doing that, but that is not exactly what I was talking about. I was talking about pounding the pavement...where the particular offending program resides, being visible in the community against it, protesting.

I am sorry that you feel unconfidant about your ability to reach the public in person, but I am here to tell you it is possible and does happen. I have done it over and over again.
Research me so that you know for yourself that I am not just talking out of my ass.

Kids Helping Kids Cincinati did not just close down b/c of any website BTW. There was a lot of pavement pounding not only from myself but a great deal of others too.

ISAC, isn't just a website. They are actually a registeredc non-profit. Enough said there.

I am trying to say don't do more websites either by any means.....but what I am saying is this: The WEBSITES WILL NOT WORK ON THEIR OWN.

There I hope I was loud and clear this time on that.

It takes people survivors, concerned citizens, children (teens), parents to get off of our COLLECTIVE ASSES to Shut 'er down!


-DP out :soapbox:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 548
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2009, 09:18:09 PM »
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"
It takes people survivors, concerned citizens, children (teens), parents to get off of our COLLECTIVE ASSES to Shut 'er down!


-DP out :soapbox:

I am not at all against public demonstration, especially in the area that the schools exist, Before I left Antiwwasp we were planning to protest in front of a WWASP school, I don't know if they continued on with that plan after I left but that it still something I am planning on doing.

The main problem is that I live in California, where we do not have any offending programs that I am aware of, and I don't have the available cash to catch a plane to the nearest program just to "hit the pavement", I'm doing what I can do, which is help set up websites, coordinate plans and fund raise. When we have a solid plan and a decent amount of people on board I will be happy to pound the pavement, but at this point I cant even get anyone to help me make flyers and brochures so I have no idea what I'll have to do to get people involved with a protest.

Want to help me?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]




[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline Deprogrammed

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 740
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2009, 01:44:21 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"
It takes people survivors, concerned citizens, children (teens), parents to get off of our COLLECTIVE ASSES to Shut 'er down!


-DP out :soapbox:

I am not at all against public demonstration, especially in the area that the schools exist, Before I left Antiwwasp we were planning to protest in front of a WWASP school, I don't know if they continued on with that plan after I left but that it still something I am planning on doing.

The main problem is that I live in California, where we do not have any offending programs that I am aware of, and I don't have the available cash to catch a plane to the nearest program just to "hit the pavement", I'm doing what I can do, which is help set up websites, coordinate plans and fund raise. When we have a solid plan and a decent amount of people on board I will be happy to pound the pavement, but at this point I cant even get anyone to help me make flyers and brochures so I have no idea what I'll have to do to get people involved with a protest.

Want to help me?

I understand.
I believe I offered before to email ye some flyer "templates". Just some examples of types we have done before now. Would this be helpful?
If so, I need your email addy ( in pm) so that I can do that if ye want me to.
If we fund raise where does the money go to?
I can nominate people that would need that money if ye want.

Hit me back

-DP :beat:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline FemanonFatal2.0

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 548
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2009, 07:09:59 PM »
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"
If we fund raise where does the money go to?

mmk check for a pm from me

I think that if we want to start fund raising we would open an account for CAN and have it accessible for travel expenses for everyone to be able to make it to the locations and events.

I've got the hook up with my mom's company for fund raising products, (at cost) but we would need an initial investment.

I'd also be willing to set up a fund raising event down the road.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
[size=150]When Injustice Becomes Law
...Rebellion Becomes Duty...[/size]




[size=150]WHEN THE RAPTURE COMES
CAN I HAVE YOUR FLAT SCREEN?[/size]

Offline hurrikayne

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 373
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2009, 07:24:18 PM »
Quote from: "Mitt Romney"
Forget the parents (or at least put them on the back burner), try to convince, educate and target the education consultants.  They are the ones with the power.  Yes they are getting paid, but they are not all evil people.  They are just in denial, trying to make extra money or just donít want to hear it.  You need to figure out a way to sway them, get in their face without pissing them off... maybe one program at a time.

Mitt's on to something here, but don't forget the JUDGES as well, perhaps if more of them were informed...they wouldn't be so hasty to put kids into these places.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"Motivation is everything. You can do the work of two people, but you can\'t be two people. Instead, you have to inspire the next guy down the line and get him to inspire his people. " - Lee Iacocca

Offline Deprogrammed

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 740
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2009, 12:50:53 PM »
Quote from: "FemanonFatal2.0"
Quote from: "Deprogrammed"
If we fund raise where does the money go to?

mmk check for a pm from me

I think that if we want to start fund raising we would open an account for CAN and have it accessible for travel expenses for everyone to be able to make it to the locations and events.

I've got the hook up with my mom's company for fund raising products, (at cost) but we would need an initial investment.

I'd also be willing to set up a fund raising event down the road.

No pm, as of yet. Could ye please re-send?

-DP
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Deprogrammed

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 740
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2009, 02:03:13 PM »
Quote from: "hurrikayne"
Quote from: "Mitt Romney"
Forget the parents (or at least put them on the back burner), try to convince, educate and target the education consultants.  They are the ones with the power.  Yes they are getting paid, but they are not all evil people.  They are just in denial, trying to make extra money or just donít want to hear it.  You need to figure out a way to sway them, get in their face without pissing them off... maybe one program at a time.

Mitt's on to something here, but don't forget the JUDGES as well, perhaps if more of them were informed...they wouldn't be so hasty to put kids into these places.

I know. I have said this in the past. This also involves "pounding the pavement". The main targets need to be the local schools guidance offices and support offices.....from middle school through high school. Then the school boards, as well as, supers. It needs to be an outwardly full on community event, so to speak....lol...I know this sounds funny, but the only way to fight these people is to fight in the same arenas as they do and fight to win. Also the local therapeutic professionals as well. This is for many different reasons, including but not limited to, the fact that obviously some of these professionals actually do refer. This needs to be carried out in every community where abusive institutions for children exsist.

It is all relative.

BTW, some judges have been getting kickbacks to send children to bad institutions. Proof that it happens , and that it is not just some crazy conspiracy theory. It is documented now that this goes on. They are so busted. This is progress that I am loving to see happening.  :nods:

-DP
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.

Offline Deprogrammed

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 740
  • Karma: +0/-0
    • View Profile
    • http://www.pathwayfamilycenter.fornits.com
Re: Anti-Program Marketing Materials
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2010, 04:56:35 AM »
Bump :bump:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
"So, you can make me cum ...that doesn\'t make you, Jesus"....Tori Amos copyright
Read about Pathway Family Centers here.