Author Topic: Another note to John Underwood  (Read 13892 times)

Offline ChrisL

• View Profile
    • http://chrislewiscpa.com
Another note to John Underwood
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2005, 10:51:00 PM »
Because he speaks for himself, as we all do. One of the more important things I learned at the Seed

Talk about yourself and talk about what's important...
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
hris Lewis
Seed 1973 -1975
AA 1991 -

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2005, 11:15:00 PM »
On 2005-09-28 17:25:00, Stripe wrote:

"

On 2005-09-21 20:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"fuelaw, again:

"It is undisputed that John Underwood totured thousands of children."

i don't know how to break this to you fue but it's disputed regularly right here but please do keep it up

comic relief helps all of us in troubled times"

Is it disputed with facts or is it disputed with self-serving commentary ? Unless I've missed something, and please correct me if I have,  how come no other identified staff members have come forward in Underwood's defense?

Here's a cute one for you that kind of sums the defense so far: "I said it.  God heard it.  God repeated it.  I heard it. I believe it. That settles it."  :grin:

"

Do you actually read the posts Stripe?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2005, 11:23:00 PM »
On 2005-09-28 17:17:00, Stripe wrote:

"

On 2005-09-27 19:43:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I'm sorry Stripe, did you forget that staff members sat on the front row, went through the program just like you, and received plenty of the "medicine.""

Gee... yeah, I did.  Ya know, for some reason wonderfulness of a staff member's presence on the front row just escaped me. I guess the glory of all it just did not make a very big impression on me.  Or maybe I just don't care anymore. Or maybe it doesn't fucking matter where they sat - the fact is:

THEY EITHER QUICKLY FORGOT the "medicine" that was heaped on them or they got no real "medicine" at all.  I doubt a real drug addicted street person (which is what most staff members were, right?) would care about the taste of "medicine" when the reward for taking it and going along with the program was total power, a crib, and three squares a day. And all ya gotta do is say this stuff ?  Sounds like a real high calling to me. No pun intended.

Don't even try to recap how hard the work was or how long the hours were or how UNGRATEFUL all those little pukes in the warehouse were. Those guys and girls could have walked anytime.  UNLESS - OHMYGOD, they were brainwashed or severaly "dain-bramaged" by the experience and believed they would die and/or their cushy little sex stereo-typed sex-segregated world would implode if they did leave.  

Ya just can't have it both ways.

"

Whose facts, Stripe, yours?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2005, 11:38:00 PM »
Jesus Christ on a Crutch, you guys!

Yes, being in group was torture for some people. And John and all the other staff and all the oldcomers and oldtimers who took part in guarding doors and chasing runners confined thousands of kids in group.

Who disputes either of those statements?

More importantly, WHY? Back it up w/ something other than an off the wall insult or pop another prozac and shut up.

Instead of giving money to fund colleges to promote learning, why don't they pass a Constitutional Amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as good as the Prohibition one did, why, in five years we would have the smartest race of people on earth.
--Will Rogers

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Thom

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 29, 2005, 01:10:00 AM »
On 2005-09-28 20:38:00, Antigen wrote:

"Jesus Christ on a Crutch, you guys!

You got me thinking. I wonder if the expression 'steak on a stick' would be considered blasphemous to a Hindu? ::bwahaha2::  ::burger::

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 29, 2005, 08:30:00 AM »
Antigen,
I heard the Bono's are having an Auction.   :rofl:

Offline John Underwood

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2005, 09:42:00 AM »
Ginger, Ginger, Ginger:

I, for one, dispute these statements. I, unlike you, was actually there.

We are never going to come anywhere close to agreement re The Seed. Further, with the overwhelming amount of posts here, I, (nor anyone else), can possibly, directly, respond to every irresponsible accusation.

Believing that deriding and scoffing at opinions that don?t fit into the closed minded architecture of the hate based mentality of the obsessive will somehow create a consensus that leads to the truth is fantasy, at best.

What do you know about the thousands that went through The Seed? NOTHING, absolutely nothing! You know about the experience of your family and maybe, at most, a few dozen others.
That?s it. And don?t give me The Seed-Straight comparison, it doesn?t work. You attended some open meetings, made some sandwiches, and resented, as a very young child, the attention you were being deprived of because your parents sought help for your sibs, and declare this makes you a Seed expert???
You cite learned bodies that have brought us such other credible undertakings as The Patriot Act, the war in Iraq, tax reform(lol), and dozens upon dozens of similar miscues in recent decades.

Too bad you don?t direct all this zealous energy toward something that might actually help. Actually, that brings to mind a question.
Why don?t you?

And for the record, of course there were people in The Seed that, (in my opinion), didn?t belong there, but these were a minority. Do you honestly believe we (staff) wanted these persons on the program ? Why? I can tell you it did nothing for us except making a very difficult job even harder.
And yes, The Seed was flawed, of course it was. Who or what isn?t?

My problem here isn?t the derision personally directed at me, ranging from dishonest to bizarre to psychotic, it?s the information presented and promoted as authoritative, yet has no basis in fact.
My problem here is the complete lack of respect and regard shown to anyone who dares say they were helped by The Seed
My problem here is that post after post complains about how awful The Seed experience was, but the absence of any statements regarding what these people did, (when they had the opportunity), to make it better, is what I see. Unless you believe whining, complaining and bitching actually works??? Which brings to mind another question.

Do you believe that whining, abasing, complaining, deriding, et al, is somehow cathartic? That this somehow furthers education, enlightenment? Helps people gain a more comforting, honest perspective?

As has been previously stated, what you got yourself here kid is a hate cult, nothing more.

Change it if you can and care.

P.S.
Please don't stop the sparring with Lauderdale. It is the most attractive and endearing thing you have going for you.

Offline Thom

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 29, 2005, 10:05:00 AM »
yeah, what he said!

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 29, 2005, 10:11:00 AM »
John, in the words of Ronald Reagan..."there you go again".

You fail to acknolwedge the posts here that say they were helped by the seed that wen't unchallenged.

Again, you direct the post against someone instead of against an idea or a topic, complain you can't respond to the issues yet spend considerable bandwith deriding individuals. But I guess that is to be expected as it was the nature of the beast, wasn't it...to totally attack, deride, abuse and otherwise discredit any dissenter?

You are the disrespectfull one, coming to someone's website and forming a little posie to belittle the very person who provides you the space to share your story.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 29, 2005, 10:11:00 AM »
On 2005-09-29 07:05:00, Thom wrote:

"yeah, what he said!"

Gee what a surprise. Wipe you nose off, Thom..it appears to be obtaining a brown stain once again.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2005, 10:14:00 AM »

Change it if you can and care.

Define cult and compare and contrast it to this website.

What YOU got is the remnants of an exclusive cult pulsing thru your heart, and your only weapon is to attack, a dubious skill learned at a shithole called the seed.

Change that, if you can and care.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2005, 10:30:00 AM »
John U wrote:"And for the record, of course there were people in The Seed that, (in my opinion), didn?t belong there, but these were a minority."

Oh bull shite!!!!!

What percentage of people that attended the seed went in in 1973/74? Got any idea? I do...the vast majority of the entire Seed warehouse your kid experiment...

What percentage of them were under 18?  

What percentage of them were addicted?

What percentage of them went on to abuse drugs?

You don't know, do you? Yet you deride someone else and make fallicious claims like Ginger only knows of a dozen or so people that went thru the seed.

We have been associating on the internet for going on 6 years. This is the second version of our online community, the first is archived. Many many former indoctrinees have posted here and other websites. Only a handfull have been staunchly pro seed, and almost to a person they post "come down on you" raps instead of addressing the issues.

And yes, the seed straight comparison does work, even if that goes against your grain. It was the same damn thing operated by a subset of seed fanatics.

Same shit different shithole.

Offline Ft. Lauderdale

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2005, 12:16:00 PM »
"Same Shit different shithole"

Greg are you quoting Homer or Tennyson?  :grin:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 29, 2005, 01:11:00 PM »
John, you wrote:
My problem here is that post after post complains about how awful The Seed experience was, but the absence of any statements regarding what these people did, (when they had the opportunity), to make it better, is what I see. Unless you believe whining, complaining and bitching actually works??? Which brings to mind another question.

Do you mean to tell me that all I had to do was raise my hand and say some thing like
I disagree with the policy that only allows me to use the bathroom once or twice a day?

That I could object to having to tell someone whether I was peeing or pooping?

That I could ask not be held in a smokefilled room?

Surely you jest.  If that was an option and I could have had some say in how I was treated, why wasn't I told that it was an option?  Why wasn't there a sign that said, if you don;t like it, just ask us tochange it.

Why were the rules held to such a high infallible status and enforced the way they were if all ittook to change them was a request. I don't think there was any democracy going down at the seed.

Is that the secret that separates the true believers from the rest of the population?  That those who totally succomed to the reverse peer-pressure were in fact the sheep and the those who asked for different treatment got differnt or better treatment?

Your statement flies in the face of whole druggie-rehab control philosphy.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #44 on: September 29, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »
On 2005-09-29 06:42:00, John Underwood wrote:

as a very young child, the attention you were being deprived of because your parents sought help for your sibs, and declare this makes you a Seed expert???

:scared:  :rofl:

Now you're sounding crazy! I resented the attention? Please tell me, how in the world do you arrive at that conclusion? I wasn't resentful at all. What I was was scared shitless. I saw the disturbing changes in my older siblings' personalities and that of their friends. I knew about the abductions, many--constant--split attempts, the snich phone trees etc. I was terrified daily for years of getting a little dose of the same kind of "attention".

I, for one, dispute these statements. I, unlike you, was actually there.

I'm not the only one saying so. Just use the handy search feature located in the menu on the left of the page. Search this forum for the word "torture" and see how many different people use the same descriptive terms. You might, if you had any authentic interest, also try words like "abuse" and "terror".

Who the hell are you to even question what these people experienced? It's not asif any of us, whether in group or in danger of being so, could have told you how we felt about it at the time w/o major reprecussions.

Tell me, do you believe that your feet cease to exist when you put your shoes on? You didn't want to know then and you don't want to know now. Doesn't make you right.

As far as the Straight connection, you're frankly delusional about that. Here's an interesting new document. http://www.straightincarchives.com/anon ... erDepo.htm

See Betty Sembler employing the same logical[sic] strategy distort the history of that spin off program.

Government can do something for the people only in proportion as it can do something to the people
Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes