Author Topic: Once attended Whitmore.... unsatisfied  (Read 4625 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Once attended Whitmore.... unsatisfied
« on: April 06, 2005, 12:52:00 AM »
Truthfully and honestly, I can look at my situation at the Whitmore like this.  While I was there, if i had been placed in a situation where the cops came and asked me if I was happy and whatnot, I would agree with them.  Anyone who lived there would concur.  Even talking on the phone with my parents whil ei was there, I never said how anything really was because I was afraid of the 'wrath of cheryl'.  Who wouldn't be.  Now, come to find out, Cheryl, who at the time, I did care about and thought she cared about me, lied to my parents and me.  She blatently made up stories about me to my parents and vice-virsa, playing us off of each other. Luckily my parents were smart and pulled me out of there before it really got the best of me.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 01:55:00 AM »
did your parents get a referral from PURE? do you know if they told pure about cheryal's games?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2005, 09:40:00 AM »
Of course Sue Scheff and PURE was told about what was/is going on at Whitmore---but her reaction is she not only support of the Sudweeks, she attacks any parents who speaks out the truth against the Sudweeks. Complaint--as long as the Sudweeks are under investigation for child and sexual abuse--NO referral agency, PURE or anyone else ,should be sending kids to Whitmore, until the Sudweeks are cleared of any and all allegations period!  That is the RIGHT thing to do. Why take the chance of putting any kid in an abusive situation? Why not back off with any referral to Whitmore--- until the authorities finish their investigation? I would think that would be the wise, professional thing to do.

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 09:57:00 AM »
To the Anon former student:
I am glad your parents removed you before Cheryl Sudweeks cause more damage between you and your family.
Cheryl was doing the same thing between us and our daughter.  She had our daughter up at 3AM in the morning writing a long email to us--full of comments that could only cause more conflict between the parents and child--IF WE HAD BELIEVED our little girl had actually written it. But we knew this was not our 12 year old girl's WORDS OR BELIEFS. We KNEW someone else had written it, not our daughter, and we confronted her immediately. That was when we knew "something NOT RIGHT was going on at Whitmore." First of all: WHY was a child up at 3AM? Secondly WHY would an adult woman have a child write such hateful words, or write them herself and try to pass them off as a little girl's?  We,too, removed our child after two months--once we were aware of the abuse allegations.
And the Sudweeks SAY they are there to "mend famailies etc?"  I think NOT.

Offline Couture

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2005, 02:21:00 PM »
Hey Joyce, I posted the above anonomous posting.  I also responded in 'Whitmore Alumni....Chris...Mr. Bean... Whitmore Former Students.....Where Are You??????'.  One thing that I can honestly say that I know Cheryl lied to my parents about, other situations are kind of sketchy and may be able to be passed off as misunderstanding, although these 'misunderstandings' were many, was when she told my parents something that I supposedly confided in her about.  Something about being sexually abused by a guy I was with, that DID treat my like and Jerk, but never forced himself on me or anything of that nature.  They told me about it after I got back, asked me about it, rather.  It was not even remotely close to anything that I had said to her about him.  I think she wanted to make it seem like I almost liked her better so i would confide in her.  She was in constant competition with my parents.  She was always telling me how i didn't belong in a program, and my parents just didn't like my company and that is why they must have sent me off.  I did leave on good terms actually, she thought iw as going home because i was doing so well there, when, that is part of the reason, however another huge factor was that my parents found out they were not liscensed, and I was losing valuable eduactional credit b being there.  Luckily I was able to rgaduate on time, even with missing a whole semester while i was there.  Anyways, I really have to get going.  I am glad I found this place though.  I might try top get involved somehow with helping defraudulise their 'program'.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2005, 02:39:00 PM »
Welcome, Couture. This is just what we need around here.  

As democracy is perfected, the office of President represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people.   On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.
--H.L. Mencken

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Joyce Harris

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2005, 11:03:00 AM »
Hi Couture,

So glad you posted your response. All of you former students offer a perspective that is very helpful...
I did experience a keen feeling of "competition" from Cheryl regarding our daughter--like you described. I think it might have something to do with the odd "sense of FAMILY" there at Whitmore..a type of FAMILY that just does not make sense to me. Several people who post refer to it as cult-like.

Our daughter also "confessed things" ACCORDING TO CHERYL that just were not true. So now, after what you said, it is a little more clear.
Stay active when you have time--students and parents have lots to ask and talk about.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2005, 01:58:00 PM »
On 2005-04-06 11:21:00, Couture wrote:

I think she wanted to make it seem like I almost liked her better so i would confide in her.  She was in constant competition with my parents.  She was always telling me how i didn't belong in a program, and my parents just didn't like my company and that is why they must have sent me off.  

Did this seem to be common?  Are you aware of her doing this with any of the other kids?  We've heard some of the kids posting from Whitmore go really over the top in the "family" references to the Suds.  That has concerned me from the start and now to read what you've written re-inforces that.

Whenever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson: Kentucky Resolutions, 1798

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Couture

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 07, 2005, 02:52:00 PM »
I do not know of it happening with any of the other kids.  I only found out after I got home.  She would play both sides, though, a lot; she would talk to my parents as though she were on their side, and have them confide in her, and then she would tell me what they said and pretend to be on my side.  All it did was create chaos between my parents and me.  

Sheryl used to let me drive her car, and rental cars.  This was totally illegal, considering I was not insured on the vehicles, and my Parents told her not to let me drive. They started to see the Whitmore as basically a vacation.  No school work was ever mandated, and I got to go out most of the time.  She would tell me not to tell them certain things of what she let me do because they would not approve.  Another instance was he letting me call my friends from her cell phone.  My parents had clearly stated they did not want me to have contact with my old friends becaus they thought it would be a negative influence.  Whether I agreed with them or not, it was still wrong of her to blatently defy what they had told her.  

Does it seem to any of the pther alumni that Sheryl had a thing for pretty people?  I am a decent looking female, and when I showed up at the Whitmore, Sheryl frequently expressed how beautiful she thought I was.  It seemed to me like she would treat the better looking people better than someone that was not so fortunate.  

Something else that is kind of interesting.  I remember how sometimes girls would only get 1/2 serving of food because Sheryl thought they were gaining weight.  She would make reference to one of the students, 'You don't want to become like so and so, do you?'

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 07, 2005, 05:09:00 PM »
Yes, Cheryl had a thing against "fat girls," I understand--but then she did nothing about an adequate diet to help control the weight. One mom says she even gave the chubby girls diet pills, a very dangerous act to engage in.
Other kids have talked about being allowed to drive without having a driver's license, too.

How did you feel about this type of conflict? Cheryl being an adult, who was paid by your parents, and put in a position of trust, and responsibility with a minor---YET, Cherly was deceitful, untrustworthy, and manipulative, and actually was engaging in illegal activities--by letting you drive w/o insurance, etc.
What were you thinking, while all this was going on?

Offline Couture

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2005, 03:22:00 PM »
At the time, I thought it was kind of cool.  I basically got to do whatever I wanted.  A lot of the other kids were jealous of my relationship with Sheryl.  They would wonder why they couldn't go on dates with guys, and I could, or why they couldn't go to the mall and I could.  It was kind of fun.  Looking back, however, this seems ludacris.  I can't believe that someone of her power, ie, being in charge of so many kids, would jeopardise their safety and her 'business'.  If, let's say I would have crashed the rental car, she would have been liale for the damages, or if I would have gotten hurt, she would have been liable.  However, she probably would have made up some story about how i had stolen the car without her knowledge.  It wasn't just little trips to the store either.  I drove all the way to downtown Salt Lake.  I drove Late, Late, at night, 3 AM, from Alpine, it think it was, all the way back to Nephi, with hardly any gas, and so sleepy I kept dozing off and would have fell asleep at the wheel if not for the rumble strips.  I just can't believe the gall of that woman.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2005, 04:29:00 PM »
well i can tell you why she was up at 3 in the morning, i was in the room with her and she wasnt writing an email, she was just up talking with the girls, it was a weekend and we were gonna sleep in the next day , she was having some problems and we were trying to help her. get your facts straight..... i was there

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2005, 04:36:00 PM »
allison!!!  are you serious, cheryl let you drive but only because you had your license. it was toatally legal and also, when mom called cheryl, and told her not to let you drive , you never did again and you got to talk to your friend for 2 minutes at hogi yogi, we were all there. we heard so dont start with these stories. you were our friend everyone loved you so much, how can you do this?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2005, 04:49:00 PM »
On 2005-04-07 11:52:00, Couture wrote:

"I do not know of it happening with any of the other kids.  I only found out after I got home.  She would play both sides, though, a lot; she would talk to my parents as though she were on their side, and have them confide in her, and then she would tell me what they said and pretend to be on my side.  All it did was create chaos between my parents and me.  

Sheryl used to let me drive her car, and rental cars.  This was totally illegal, considering I was not insured on the vehicles, and my Parents told her not to let me drive. They started to see the Whitmore as basically a vacation.  No school work was ever mandated, and I got to go out most of the time.  She would tell me not to tell them certain things of what she let me do because they would not approve.  Another instance was he letting me call my friends from her cell phone.  My parents had clearly stated they did not want me to have contact with my old friends becaus they thought it would be a negative influence.  Whether I agreed with them or not, it was still wrong of her to blatently defy what they had told her.  

Does it seem to any of the pther alumni that Sheryl had a thing for pretty people?  I am a decent looking female, and when I showed up at the Whitmore, Sheryl frequently expressed how beautiful she thought I was.  It seemed to me like she would treat the better looking people better than someone that was not so fortunate.  

Something else that is kind of interesting.  I remember how sometimes girls would only get 1/2 serving of food because Sheryl thought they were gaining weight.  She would make reference to one of the students, 'You don't want to become like so and so, do you?'

"

Allison. beauty is in the eye of the beholder, are you sayin that cheryl loved you? Do you think she'll think your beautiful now after all the mean things you say? It sounds like your pretty 2 faced to me. Never mind i dont mean pretty..... Just one face to cheryl and one face here.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2005, 04:55:00 PM »
On 2005-04-07 11:52:00, Couture wrote:

"I do not know of it happening with any of the other kids.  I only found out after I got home.  She would play both sides, though, a lot; she would talk to my parents as though she were on their side, and have them confide in her, and then she would tell me what they said and pretend to be on my side.  All it did was create chaos between my parents and me.  

"

Allison, my name is inga, this is a boarding school.  Is it against the law to have a car at a boarding school and drive it if you have a license? I know of some kids that have owned cars here before. All of them appreciated this freedom, I don't know where your coming from because i've seen pictures of you and ive only heard good things about you. How come you've become so bitter? I thought you were going to college, arent you too busy for this crappy website?? It might do you good to call and say hello to cheryl, I'm sure she would love to talk to you.