Author Topic: Who is Lon Woodbury?  (Read 3759 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2005, 11:27:00 PM »
My ignorance?

You praise these people who send kids to abusive programs. They don't refer to WWASP? Then why do they have a fucking link to their website from their own website? Stop kidding yourself.

http://www.strugglingteens.com/support.php

under 'associations'
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2005, 11:29:00 PM »
On 2005-07-30 20:22:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Yes yes, I started it then I realized how much idiocy it was because people tend not to like to argue if they can be held acountable for what they said on another forum. You will notice that I dont do it any more. I don't tell people what to post and what not to, thats not my place, I was bitching because im going to get shit for this, I just know it because these people act like we are one massive congolmeration and bash on one of us for the actions of others. I dont suck up to them, and you saying that shows your ignorance."

Yes, you are right about one thing, it was YOUR idiocy which brought all the struggling teens trolls over here.

So we shouldn't post certain things, because it makes us look bad in the eyes of program parents? I hope you are kidding. I could give a flying FUCK what those robots think of me.

Get a clue.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2005, 11:33:00 PM »
On 2005-07-30 19:16:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Lon is a ok guy"

Who sends kids off to private jail for years and ruins their soul-- in exchange for a tidy profit. Yeah.. a real OK guy.  :flame:

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »
Christ almighty, fine, whatever, the next time I see you arguing on a hostile board then we can talk, but untill you go over there, get a long on, sign you damn posts, and be a man and put your face to what you believe, what you have to say does not matter.

How is it my fault they came over here? what kind of comment is that? I mean come onm how in the hell is it my fault? And no you should ppost what you want, but remember your making my life harder as I go over there and argue for what we believe in. You dont have to give a flying fuck what they think, but its like shooting some one in the back as he works for you.

I dont praise these people, I say that they are people to, I did not say that they were perfect, I said they they were not that mean. Sweet christ, does that sound like praise to you?
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2005, 11:49:00 PM »
On 2005-07-30 20:42:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Christ almighty, fine, whatever, the next time I see you arguing on a hostile board then we can talk, but untill you go over there, get a long on, sign you damn posts, and be a man and put your face to what you believe, what you have to say does not matter.

How is it my fault they came over here? what kind of comment is that? I mean come onm how in the hell is it my fault? And no you should ppost what you want, but remember your making my life harder as I go over there and argue for what we believe in. You dont have to give a flying fuck what they think, but its like shooting some one in the back as he works for you.

I dont praise these people, I say that they are people to, I did not say that they were perfect, I said they they were not that mean. Sweet christ, does that sound like praise to you?"

OL, I hate to tell ya this ... but you just stepped in your own doo-doo.

Struggling Teens is part of the problem, not the solution.

From what I have seen over there ... that board is crawling with program worshippers.

Me thinks you need to remember that old adage about what happens when you lay down with dogs.

:wave:

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2005, 12:01:00 AM »
Your probably right about the dog thing, but you have to understand, its not like I walk over there and take what they have to say. I go fight and argue with them, its more like kicking the dog.

What I do is agure with a part of the problem, like you said, fornits is still my home.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2005, 12:19:00 AM »
On 2005-07-30 20:42:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Christ almighty, fine, whatever, the next time I see you arguing on a hostile board then we can talk, but untill you go over there, get a long on, sign you damn posts, and be a man and put your face to what you believe, what you have to say does not matter.

Funny. That is exactly what program parents say. I was actually in a program discussed here, were you? Be a man? Dude, shut up and stop being so confrontational. Is Overlord a face? What makes you a man? I thought you were 17, so legally aren't you still a child? Just for you, I'll start signing my posts 'fuck off'.

And no you should ppost what you want, but remember your making my life harder as I go over there and argue for what we believe in. You dont have to give a flying fuck what they think, but its like shooting some one in the back as he works for you.

You do not represent me, and you don't work for me. Nobody asked you to represent them, did they? You have taken on a crusade you actually know very little about. While you seem to be debating both sides in your mind as a third party observer, some of us actually lived through this hell. You don't work for me, you don't speak for me, and you certainly do not represent my in any way-- and don't ever think you do. If something I choose to do on this board makes your life harder, tough shit buddy.

-FuckoFF

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2005, 12:26:00 AM »
On 2005-07-30 21:01:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Your probably right about the dog thing, but you have to understand, its not like I walk over there and take what they have to say. I go fight and argue with them, its more like kicking the dog.

What I do is agure with a part of the problem, like you said, fornits is still my home."

OL ... it's great you have a fire in your belly and want to make a difference.

Just keep it real ... and remember that ST is NOT
teen friendly ... they are teen helpers.

BIG FUCKING DIFFERENCE, ya know?

And yeah, they are into censoring big time.

Can't say a program name on the ST Discussion forum because it's against the rules?

Gee, that's real helpful to parents, now isn't it?

Program XXX sucks but good luck trying to figure out which program XXX is.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2005, 12:44:00 AM »
Yeah, they are really into censoring, I had to appeal directly to a admin a few times to get some posts put back. They have one moderator I really dont like over there. Then again I directly chalenged something she had to say so you know, piss off a moderator see what you get.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2005, 12:45:00 AM »
FYI ... this is a classic example of censorship.  Katfish posted a link to another website and the moderator deleted it because it doesn't FIT with keeping parents in the dark.  

Damn, you gotta feel sorry for the kids of these program parents.  Being in a program is bad enough but imagine getting out and the parent is still "programmed" to treat their kid like a defective human being.  It's sick!

http://www.strugglingteens.com/cgi-bin/ ... p=1#000000

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2005, 12:47:00 AM »
and those stupid fucks bash fornits. at least this forum has the decency to let anyone post whatever they want. this forum is much more representative of the REAL industry and its effects. they are a moderated marketing tool. they exist to make money. fornits does not. who do you believe?? hmm..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »
On 2005-07-30 21:44:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Yeah, they are really into censoring, I had to appeal directly to a admin a few times to get some posts put back. They have one moderator I really dont like over there. Then again I directly chalenged something she had to say so you know, piss off a moderator see what you get."

Saw your post about your friend Lauren.  You were making a good point OL but of course, none of those parents want to hear the truth.  They prefer to keep their stupid heads buried in the sand and pretend all is well in Teen Help Land.

:eek:  :eek:  :eek:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2005, 11:42:00 AM »
That is understandable to seperate a man from his work. My problem with that is, at least for me, I've seen evil people use that technique to their advantage all too often.

Beat the shit out of a kid, then play all nice and pretend they 'didn't really mean it' or whatever. Too many people use this to their advantage to give someone the benefit of the doubt, IMO. At least program people.

If I didn't find abusive programs on his website, I wouldn't care.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2005, 11:43:00 AM »
[This post has been edited to remove a link to a website that promotes anonymous posting and parent/ program bashing without accountability.]

Ah, program-speak, and a convenient way to excuse censorship of any criticism. And, well, using programspeak its gonna hook right into the damn program parents, and then some.

Hrn. Why not try some accountable criticism? I dunno, ISAC? Intelligent criticisms based on what medical professionals have said? Bringing up the safety aspect of not communicating with your child for months at a time?

Oh, wait, I forgot, theyd call that unaccountable, anonymous 'bashing' too.

Republican n. A liberty despising, money worshiping, control freak. Democrat n. A liberty despising, social engineering, control freak.
-- Anonymous

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2005, 12:09:00 PM »
I have had several conversations with Lon that were interesting, if not exactly fruitful.
He does come across as a nice man - never rude or unpleasant in any way.
I do object to his continuing to advertise for programs that *I feel* he knows are doing harm. I do not accept his excuses for doing so - and he knows exactly how I feel about it - but he has never been rude or dismissive, like so many others.
And while his BBS is very heavily "moderated" - he has some past experience that has caused his to think it necessary.
I also object to the extremely heavy handed moderating (I've been banned twice) but it is his board to run as he sees fit.
Just as Fornits is Ginger's to run as she sees fit.
In his defense, I will say he is far more willing to post editorials by individuals explaining what they think, or have experienced about any program, if they are willing to be identified. Now that is the tricky part - b/c so many are afraid to have their name and contact info on the net - especially in connection with something as controversial as the teen business.
But - if anyone is willing to do that much - he will post it. He might tweak it a bit - but no so much the meaning is diluted.
I would say, as long as you are telling the truth, or clearly stating its your opinion, if that's what it is - you have nothing to fear from saying who you are. And while it can be worrisome having contact info up on the net - I can say I have mine up on several boards, and it has never yet caused me a problem. In my experience it has mostly been a good thing. I have had numerous very interesting conversations as a result.
SO - if you are so inclined - use the ST Forum as your able, and write Lon up a hard hitting editorial.