Author Topic: Who is Lon Woodbury?  (Read 3748 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« on: March 30, 2005, 02:32:00 PM »
Good guy?

Bad guy?

What is http://www.strugglingteens.com all about?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 09:19:00 AM »
He sounds a bit like Sue Scheff at P.U.R.E.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2005, 04:05:00 PM »
i attended mission mountain school- a program he supports b/c his daughter found the coercive methods  implemented there effective.  I personally found the program to be abusive.  
He's not in nearly as critical of these programs as he should be.  He believes that freedom of industry may be devestated by regulation- presumambly self-regulation is best?, but what the hell does he know- has he walked in the shoes of these kids who have been abused or come out not knowing which way is up??  He seems to willingly ignore the narratives that speak about these abuses and, for that reason, I find him quite dangerous an individual- given his chosen profession.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2005, 04:07:00 PM »
Woodbury promotes many abusive programs, including WWASP. He can't be trusted.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2005, 05:10:00 PM »
He's a good guy with lots of knowledge about the industry.  He does NOT promote abusive programs.  Seems his daughter turned out OK!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2005, 05:17:00 PM »
On 2005-07-30 14:10:00, Anonymous wrote:

"He's a good guy with lots of knowledge about the industry.  He does NOT promote abusive programs.  Seems his daughter turned out OK!  "

Have you ever looked at his website? It's full of ads for programs which have proven to be abusive. He writes glowing reports about programs, but often fails to mention that many of the programs he's writing about are a danger to the safety and welfare of children.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2005, 05:30:00 PM »
On 2005-03-31 06:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"He sounds a bit like Sue Scheff at P.U.R.E."

Yup, very like PURE, with one important difference. Lon is pretty much up front about the fact that he's running a business and how he gets paid.

The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one.
--George Bernard Shaw, Irish-born English playwright

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2005, 09:34:00 PM »
He knowingly profits off of programs that have been proven abusive, or programs that raise many questions. My advice to any parent considering these schools: DO NOT TRUST ED CONSULTANTS.  They?re like car salesman (unfortunately parents spend more time shopping for a car then they do for a ?tough love? facility).

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2005, 10:16:00 PM »
Lon is a ok guy, from what I have talked to him about he is a very knowledgeable person. While not very tack, and he can be blunt, but he is fair and lets me argue on his forum. He is a nice man.

Kristie is also very nice, I have regular disscussions/debates/arguments with her and she is refreshing and very caring and kind. I enjoy or talks.

Yes, both of them are on what we call the other side, yes they do not have the same objectives as us, but they are people to. They would never knowingly condem people to an abusive program. They wouldent shend a child off to WWASP. They are good people who do what they do. While we dont agree, and yes they are wrong  :grin: , we can still be nice to them.
our walking down a hallway, you turn left, you turn right. BRICK WALL!

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2005, 11:07:00 PM »
On 2005-07-30 19:16:00, OverLordd wrote:

"Lon is a ok guy, from what I have talked to him about he is a very knowledgeable person. While not very tack, and he can be blunt, but he is fair and lets me argue on his forum. He is a nice man.

Kristie is also very nice, I have regular disscussions/debates/arguments with her and she is refreshing and very caring and kind. I enjoy or talks.

Yes, both of them are on what we call the other side, yes they do not have the same objectives as us, but they are people to. They would never knowingly condem people to an abusive program. They wouldent shend a child off to WWASP. They are good people who do what they do. While we dont agree, and yes they are wrong  :grin: , we can still be nice to them."

WTF? I dont even know how to respond to this. OL you are a complicated character it would seem. You seem to start fights, then try and resolve them. Please stay over at struggling teens, you are one of them dude.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2005, 11:09:00 PM »
Who is Lon Woodbury?

Answer:

Female, male... I am not quite sure? Dipshit? yes.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2005, 11:13:00 PM »
Dude!! you jackass!!! I started at fornits and I dont plan on leaving, sure I dont agree with them, but that does not mean their ass holes, I started fights on strugling teens sure, and I plan to start many many more, but kristie and lon are not people I need to fight with, they are adming for gods sake.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2005, 11:18:00 PM »
Jackass? :roll: Dont come on here telling people what to post and what not to. I was pointing out your hypocrisy- you started copy/pasting struggling teens shit here more than anyone. You can go suck up to program parents, but don't expect anyone else to. You are so arrogant someone needs to slap some sense into you.

Offline OverLordd

• View Profile
Who is Lon Woodbury?
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2005, 11:22:00 PM »
Yes yes, I started it then I realized how much idiocy it was because people tend not to like to argue if they can be held acountable for what they said on another forum. You will notice that I dont do it any more. I don't tell people what to post and what not to, thats not my place, I was bitching because im going to get shit for this, I just know it because these people act like we are one massive congolmeration and bash on one of us for the actions of others. I dont suck up to them, and you saying that shows your ignorance.

GAH!!!!

Yeah, hes a survivor.