Author Topic: What Do You Wish To Believe?  (Read 14207 times)

Offline Erinys

• View Profile
What Do You Wish To Believe?
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »
Yes, that is very unsettling. Particularly in light of  some statements made here to the effect of:

The Nephi police hate the Whitmore...

The people in Canada have it in for the Sudweeks...

People in Mexico want to kill us...

Consider too, that one of the precipitating factors of the horror in Guayana was Jim Jones and the Peoples Temple coming under investigation.
I doubt the students at the Whitmore remember this story, since it happened before they were born. I hope their parents do!

I didn't intend for this to take on a political tone, I'm just here for the drugs.
--First Lady, Nancy Reagan at a Just Say No rally

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #61 on: March 17, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »
Ok, I have to reel this in some. Looking at it again, maybe I was being a bit alarmist. There are always hundreds of weird little cults in this or any other country. Most of them don't get a following of over 900 and then off themselves. Hell, most of them don't even get a following of a dozen or so and off themselves like Heaven's Gate did. But it's still worth examining whether or not the Sudweeks are running a cult and what usually does happen to people who get trapped in them.

A very handy, convienient example of what normally happens can be found right next door in the Seed discussion forum. Those people have a LOT in common w/ Whitmore, imo. They focused on troubled teens. Most spent a year or so getting the gift of enlightenment and then went on to more or less decent adult lives. (some more or less than others) Some didn't. Some spent decades; their productive years, their would have been marrying and child rearing years; before the thing fell apart in a relatively quiet and peaceful manner. It's still quite tragic, though.

And I'll be the first to say that, from what little I know, it's probably not as bad as some other groups I've read about lately. But I just think people ought to know going in just what it is.

You need only reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence.

--Charles Austin Beard

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 17, 2005, 11:31:00 PM »
On 2005-03-17 18:57:00, Antigen wrote:

"Ok, I have to reel this in some. Looking at it again, maybe I was being a bit alarmist.

Maybe, maybe not.  Stranger things have happened, but I sure don't think it would be out of the realm of possibility to question whether or not these kids are being moved out of the country for a little longer than a 'vacation' :???: .

The most important bill in our whole code is that for the diffusion of
knowledge among the people. No other sure foundation can be devised, for the preservation of freedom and happiness.

--Thomas Jefferson

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2005, 12:24:00 AM »
Yeah, I wonder about whether or not they're coming back.

The nature of psychological compulsion is such that those who act under constraint remain under the impression that they are acting on their own initiative. The victim of mind-manipulation does not know that he is a victim. To him the walls of his prison are invisible, and he believes himself to be free. That he is not free is apparent only to other people. His servitude is strictly objective.

--Brave New World Revisited, Aldous Huxley, 1958

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2005, 09:35:00 AM »
Sudweeks are taking those kids to Mexico, not some far distant land!  Once before the Mexican authorities sent them packing because the Suds didn't have proper papeerwork to stay an extended period with that many kids. Those parents SHOULD be checking to assure themselve of just WHAT IS GOING ON.
BUT, the Mexico authorities will work with parents...and will allow those kids to be held against the will of the paents.
BUT there lies the problem--I suppose: What IF the Suds decide to stay down there..try to avoid the investigations still going on in Utah etc?
AND--What IF these parents--who seem to support the Suds, and continue to ignore the criminal allegations, buy into that?
Does sound scary.
From the postings here--things do seem to get out of hand for these kids when the Suds have kids off on these "trips" away from any authorities. I'd be mighty concerned, I sure would be.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2005, 10:20:00 AM »
On 2005-03-18 06:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

--I suppose: What IF the Suds decide to stay down there..try to avoid the investigations still going on in Utah etc?

That's exactly what gives me cause for concern and SHOULD make parents think twice about this.  Things have been pretty heated lately.  I'm not saying they ARE going down there to keep the kids there, but it really is not that far of a stretch.

AND--What IF these parents--who seem to support the Suds, and continue to ignore the criminal allegations, buy into that?

Does sound scary.

Yup.

From the postings here--things do seem to get out of hand for these kids when the Suds have kids off on these "trips" away from any authorities. I'd be mighty concerned, I sure would be.

"
Great point!...

http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... t=20#81672  
To reply about the cruise thing... yes a bunch of the kids did get beat up on the cruise because almost every single kid either smoked pot, got drunk, smoked cigarettes or kissed someone. A few of the kids even smuggled pot onto the boat. Cheryl also didnt have enough tickets for all of the kids so she smuggled them on too. Pretty smart huh? yeah right. There was never anyone in trouble for sex though. From what I knew the reason was for us going on the cruise cheryl just really wanted to go on one. There was never any talk of their honeymoon. Yes, they do have kids of their own, 3 daughters, 1 adopted daughter and a son. And to reply back to who ever wrote that cheryl and mark used their money to take us on the cruise, no they didnt, it was our parents money that paid for us to go on the cruise. Just think about this every parent pays $40,000 and i think its is even more now, for their kid to be in the program. Multiply that by 40 kids and well i'll just let you do the math. Anyway, I believe that they are scam artists, they scam everything everywhere.

Creationists make it sound like a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.
--Isaac Asimov, Russian-born American author

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2005, 07:53:00 PM »
Anyone know when they were supposed to leave for their therapeutic vacation?  

Forgive, O Lord, my little joke on Thee and I'll  forgive Thy great big one on me.
--Robert Frost, American poet

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2005, 09:27:00 PM »
I have another theory as to where the kids have all gone.  People have said that Sue/PURE referred kids to Whitmore and continue to do so.   Could it be that from the postings here people really started to take a closer look at just what the hell was going on in there, this finally dawns on the Suds or PURE or whoever so they've clamped down and stopped the kids from posting?  Especially in light of all this talk of litigation?  I mean if you really go back and read through these threads and pay attention to the postings of both current and former "students", it sure does say a lot a lot about how things are going in there.

Every sensible man, every honorable man, must hold the Christian sect in horror.
--Francois Marie Arouet "Voltaire", French author and playwright

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Erinys

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2005, 09:57:00 PM »
I did wonder how those posts could possibly be seen as a way improve anyone's opinion of Whitmore Academy.

The last struggles of a great superstition are very frequently the worst.
--Andrew Dickson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2005, 09:59:00 PM »
Sure does--either Cheryl Sudweeks has to admit these kids are deterioating under her fine care, or she will have to admit she really does all the little sick postings HERSELF while she sits up all nite nursing her insomnia (or whatever it is that keeps her up all nite).

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2005, 10:02:00 PM »
Understand the trip to Mexico was to begin this week--two things were suppose to be holding it up 1) Mark Sudweeks taking some type of "test," 2) getting some type of "permit"---whatever that may mean......?  this according to a parent who has a kid there. AND supposedly they are returning for GRADUATION---whatever that means TOO. Graduation from WHAT?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2005, 09:06:00 PM »
What parent are you talking to? Where are you getting this information?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 20, 2005, 12:13:00 AM »
Well, it most certainly is NOT YOU. Are you attending the little Parents'Graduation event? Maybe YOU can fill everyone in on what kind of "test" Markie Boy is taking???? medical? something to do with his flying hobby? maybe he needs a permit to drive the big bus? FILL US IN.
We are always interested in details on the Suds.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 21, 2005, 01:06:00 AM »
On 2005-03-19 18:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

"What parent are you talking to? Where are you getting this information?"

Curious. Who would want to know that and why?

The optimist thinks that this is the best of all possible worlds, and the pessimist knows it.
--  J. Robert Oppenheimer

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 21, 2005, 10:51:00 AM »
Did someone break a CHERYL RULE? Parents not allowed to talk to parents?