Author Topic: What Do You Wish To Believe?  (Read 14208 times)

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
What Do You Wish To Believe?
« Reply #45 on: March 13, 2005, 07:05:00 PM »
On 2005-03-13 13:35:00, Mr. Bean wrote:

I don't need the transcrips I am graduating this May anyways so i don't know what you are trying to prove.

We're not necessarily trying to prove or disprove anything.  We're asking you for  information since you've been there first hand.  What was the education that your parents paid for?  

How about doing some scripting it might help your sorry self out"

Please explain scripting to me.  It sounds suspiciously similar to MIs (moral inventories) we had to write in Straight.  

The legislature is to society as a physician is to the patient. If a physician ignored side effects of medications like today's legislators ignore the side effects of their legislation, the physician would be accused of malpractice. I accuse today's legislators (with rare exception) of legislative malpractice. Many of the ills that are so obvious in our society are a direct result of previous legislation. Their solution? More laws!
-- John A. Bennett, DO

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2005, 03:00:00 AM »
hhhmm schooling ah?? to be honest I learned more at the whitmore than anyother school that I have been in. i never concidered myself to be smart but when i left the whitmore I was like a new MAN. If you want to know about scripting let the wise women (CHERYL) tell you about that and if you're nice to her she might even script you because you sure do need it with all the problams you have  (I feel sorry for you because you didn't get a chance to go to a place like the whitmore, boy they sure would of helped you out with all the problams you are having)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 14, 2005, 09:43:00 AM »
So scripting is something you can do for yourself? OR someone like the wise Cheryl can get into your head and do it FOR YOU?

What is "scripting?"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 14, 2005, 09:55:00 PM »
elliott please spare us all with the stupid scripting thing puuuuuulllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!!

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 14, 2005, 10:14:00 PM »
well first of all you can learn how to spell my name but NO will not  spare you with the scripring as everybody here can tell that you need it

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 14, 2005, 10:17:00 PM »
On 2005-03-14 19:14:00, Mr. Bean wrote:

"well first of all you can learn how to spell my name but NO will not  spare you with the scripring as everybody here can tell that you need it"

WHAT IS SCRIPTING??????????????????????

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #51 on: March 14, 2005, 10:18:00 PM »
On 2005-03-14 18:55:00, Anonymous wrote:

"elliott please spare us all with the stupid scripting thing puuuuuulllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeze!!!!"

Well what does it mean? I'm genuinely interested in this sort of thing. Is it a Mormon thing? Maybe more of a CEDU thing? Something they came up w/ on their own? What does it mean in the context of Whitmore jargon?

Impiety: Your irreverence toward my deity.
--Ambrose Bierce

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 15, 2005, 03:33:00 AM »
I will tell them simply put Elliot. It is a little tool that only the wise use. Its just a way to replace the negative with positive. It is usually used by people with disease or illness. But alot of us have used it to help us become whole again. Is there something wrong with that. If you have never been ill i dont expect you to understand. Most people dont. Thats why it is never pushed on anyone.

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 15, 2005, 08:06:00 AM »
On 2005-03-15 00:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I will tell them simply put Elliot. It is a little tool that only the wise use. Its just a way to replace the negative with positive. It is usually used by people with disease or illness. But alot of us have used it to help us become whole again. Is there something wrong with that. If you have never been ill i dont expect you to understand. Most people dont. Thats why it is never pushed on anyone. "

That doesn't explain anything.  What is it?  How would one "script"?  What is the process?

(for all you Straight survivors, sound a little like one of our "tools of personal change"?  MIs.  Scary isn't it? :scared: )

I turned to speak to God, About the world's despair; But to make bad matters worse, I found God wasn't there.
--Robert Frost, American poet

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 15, 2005, 09:13:00 AM »
Well what is this "little simple tool?" Parents who have kids at Whitmore? Now doesnt' this type of crap SCARE THE HELL OUT OF YOU? Elliott says  Cheryl Sudweeks can PERFORM this little "TRICK" on your kid?  Don't YOU want to know what the HELL THIS IS?  My Child was there, and I surely want to know what it IS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2005, 02:44:00 AM »
sounds like you are confused but thats ok I don't feel bad for you. Like I already said if you want to know what scripting is then talk to Cheryl it sounds like you really need it. It works really well for people like you who are confused, stupid, and people who tend to lie allot (YEP I THINK THATS YOU) :silly:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2005, 11:31:00 AM »
Are you serious? Cheryl doesn't talk to adults because we can not be manipulated by her. All we asked was: What is the process of this SCRIPTING, how does it work, what is it about. Sounds like some type of brainwashing voodoo if no one will talk about it.

Offline Mr. Bean

• View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2005, 04:27:00 PM »
i would tell you but you're just too stupid to understand it :idea:  how about you go to the Whitmore for a year then you will have a life and something to live for those people are great

Offline Erinys

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2005, 06:32:00 PM »
C'mon Bean! You can't really think scripting is all that difficult to understand!

It's just another restatement of the "positive thinking",  "self talk" mantras that have been around since before us doddering old folks were born.  Of course Karol is doing a great job with promotion and  marketing, and "scripting" is possibly effective, but not all that unique.

Goes back to that old truism "You'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar."

Well, that's true - and there's always flies on horse manure.

I tried for years to live according to everyone else's morality.
I tried to live like everyone else, to be like everyone else.
I said the right things even when I felt and thought quite differently.
And the result is a catastrophe.

---Albert Camus

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2005, 06:46:00 PM »
On 2005-03-17 13:27:00, Mr. Bean wrote:

"i would tell you but you're just too stupid to understand it :idea:  how about you go to the Whitmore for a year then you will have a life and something to live for those people are great"

See, this is really bizarre, Mr. Bean. Do you really think that all but the small handful of people lucky enough to have gotten the gift of a year at Whitmore are stupid, unenlightened, have no lives?

That's what Jim Jones told his followers before he took them down to So. America. Here's how that turned out:

And this is why I say do NOT leave the country w/ these people! I'm not joking here. Not trying to make some other, sly point. I mean what I'm saying just as I'm saying it. A bunch of people seem to have gone down to Nephi and are talking about getting ready to leave. At the same time, the Whitmore ppl seem to be really going `round the bend in some respects. Are they not planning on comming back?

The overwhelming majority of people have more than the average (mean) number of legs.  
-- E. Grebenik

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes