Author Topic: getting abused at the whitmore  (Read 19421 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
getting abused at the whitmore
« Reply #165 on: June 19, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »
The Sudweeks were able to get some of the horses back?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 19, 2005, 11:42:00 PM »
yea..i think 7. I rode one of them when I was in the program. Good horses.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 19, 2005, 11:43:00 PM »
there were two different groups that seized them I think. The SPCA, and some other animal place. One of the groups gave back all the horses that they had taken because they said nothing was wrong with them, and they were in perfectly fine condition.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 20, 2005, 12:35:00 AM »
You need to read the transcript: Regina v Sudweeks. The Sudweeks were NOT given any of the horses back. Mark Sudweeks is banned from owning animals in Canada FOR LIFE. There were also neglected/abused dogs in this suit also.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 20, 2005, 12:48:00 AM »
um, they got 7 of the horses back moron! How do they still have 7 of the horses that they used for rodeos up there. Ive even seen their baby pictures. Sorry charlie! They were given some of the horses back. I think I would know..I was in the program, and rode one of their rodeo horses. haha

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #170 on: June 20, 2005, 12:48:00 AM »
On 2005-06-19 20:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"as far as the situation with the horses in Canada, they were under a caretaker, and the judge said that since he was young and all, or something (he was not a minor though and knew what needed to be done) that he was going to charge Mark. The horse that you see in the pictures..the foal..it had a disease. I forgot what it is called, but it had something to do with its legs. They were going to put the horse down before it it got older (as it was only a few days old) but Cheryl didnt want them to put the little thing down. Even though it wouldnt be able to be ridden, she wanted to raise it. It was not abused though. (In other words, it would have been better if that baby had been put to sleep so all this trouble wouldnt have been started) As with the horses that were seized, some of them were given back because they said there was nothing wrong with them. There really wasnt, and anyone who knows them, knows that the horses were just fine. It is really a sad story because the horses were taken care of up there. Cheryl used to tell me all the time that if I want a good horse, I should go and find one of their old ones and buy it. "

Cheryl told me and Leah's mom and my sister that all the horses in Canada had been killed.  She had also told us previously that the horses in Mexico had been killed.  When I went to Mexico, where the Sudweeks' place was, I asked what had happen to all of the Sudweeks' horses.  I was told by everyone I asked that they never owned horses in Mexico.  I heard this from neighbors, workers, people who had shops in town, a man who took us on a tour.  Seems funny to me that all of them said the same thing, and Cheryl tells a completely different story.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: June 20, 2005, 12:50:00 AM »
two different organizations seized the horses, and they were given 8 of the horses back.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #172 on: June 20, 2005, 12:50:00 AM »
From what I remember from last time I read the x-script, the judge concluded that the kid named as a caretaker could not be held at fault because Mark hired him to do it, w/o any false representation from the kid about his qualifications. In fact, he would have known the kid well, with the kid's sister being an informal adoptee of the Suds, ya' know?

Mark misjudged the kid, even knowing him as well as he did. The kid was more afraid of getting the Suds into trouble than of having to explain why the horses were starving and freezing to death. That's in the x-script. Look it up.

So why did Mark misjudge this kid's aptitude at overwinter horse care so badly?

That, I think, is the salient question. I don't know the answer.

Wanna know my guess? Ok (you're still reading, right?) Cause the kid was faithful. And, as any parent who still thinks the Whit is the best thing since sliced bread well knows, approval from the Whit is better than any mere highschool could ever bestow. Kids who are faithful to the Whit are to be trusted and honored--celebrated, even--above all others. They've got the gift of the Suds, after all! No need for silly certifications or scrutiny! They're endoursed by the Suds, what more do you need?

Same old song and dance. I know ppl who got off from drunk driving, hit and run, speeding and other moderately serious crimes because the cop on the scene was a Program supporter.

Same old song and dance. It's so obvious.

If people are good only because they fear punishment, and hope for a reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
--Albert Einstein, German-born American physicist

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: June 20, 2005, 12:51:00 AM »
no..ive heard that too from one of the other kids that used to be in the program, but only one horse was shot in Canada, and the DID get some of them back

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #174 on: June 20, 2005, 12:53:00 AM »
the only thing that I am defending here is the fact that some of the horses were given back..I RODE ONE FOR OVER A YEAR!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 20, 2005, 01:45:00 AM »
Not according to the Court transcripts.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 20, 2005, 08:38:00 AM »
Amazing isn't it? There's a court transcript right there to read. The Suds can't even own a pet in Canada, yet there's that INSISTANCE that the Canadian authorities would GIVE BACK one of these horses after issuing a LIFE ban against the Suds to own any animals. The Suds can tell a TALE that sticks, can't they?
Still waiting for the Judge's ruling on that horse deal Mark brought against Leah. Think the Judge was checking into exactly why Casie's horse did die, and had a couple of vets to talk with. Think that TALE about taking that horse to the vet and it dying on the way home will hold up?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #177 on: June 20, 2005, 08:49:00 AM »
Most VETs I know of who treat horses and large animals usually come to the farm/ranch where the horse lives. Not many people take their horse to the VET, like taking a child to the doctor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #178 on: June 20, 2005, 09:34:00 AM »
yes well considering they were given the horses back BEFORE court you moron, and then the horses were owned under the girls who did RODEO with them MORON. SORRY! They got horses back, and I RODE ONE OF THRM AND SAW ITS PICTURES FROM WHEN IT WAS A FOAL..which was 17 years ago!! DUH! not to mention it was one of their RODEO horses! hahaha

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: June 20, 2005, 09:37:00 AM »
sorry charlie AGAIN..they took that horse to the vet. You might could CALL the vet they took it to who happens to be in Payson. They even went out of the way to take the horse to the vet. Yes, the vets make home visits, BUT in emergencies, sometimes you have to take the horse there. I MIGHT know because I OWN A HORSE AND HAD TO BRING IT TO THE VET THE OTHER DAY! MORON. :wstupid: