Author Topic: the real seed  (Read 5322 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the real seed
« on: January 26, 2005, 08:01:00 PM »
can we please stop talkin' bout the st. pete seed since it was not the real seed. by the way, st. pete seed was still called and seed, but was not being run by art. it was run, even while still called seed, by a few rebelious staff and parents, who were told not to do this, but they kept the name seed, until they were forced to change ti to strait. anywya it was not the seed. my point is these people should be talkin in the straight forum, here it is just fort laud. thnx
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the real seed
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 08:30:00 PM »
also, i'm sure that at st.pete straight the name seed was taboo and art (who should have received the credit for the techniques) was never given he credit, but the techniques were stolen from art and libbi.

Offline Fran

• View Profile
the real seed
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 09:04:00 PM »
I remember the seed in St Pete the year 73 or 74 because I went to visit it...also there was one in Fort Myers and Fort Pierce same years.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the real seed
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2005, 09:19:00 PM »
right, fran, the name was "seed" but they were not seed cause they werent even owned by art anyomre they belonged o the rebellious staff that left real seed in ft laud

until eventually they were forced to change the name to strait, but notice that for years thye kept their mouth shut about seed. it was like once thye changed the name for them art and libbi never existed when it was obvious that at seed (unlike straight) love made the difference.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the real seed
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 10:00:00 AM »
On 2005-01-26 17:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"can we please stop talkin' bout the st. pete seed since it was not the real seed. by the way, st. pete seed was still called and seed, but was not being run by art. it was run, even while still called seed, by a few rebelious staff and parents, who were told not to do this, but they kept the name seed, until they were forced to change ti to strait. anywya it was not the seed. my point is these people should be talkin in the straight forum, here it is just fort laud. thnx"

The Seed is the Seed is the Seed.  I don't think anyone should be excluded from the conversation just because they weren't in Lauderdale.  Come on, the REAL Seed???  We were all mind fucked adn to exclude someone because they didn't go through the "real" one isn't in the spirit of the forums, IMHO.  Believe me, whatever Seed/Straight any of us were in, it was very 'real' to each of us.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the real seed
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 10:07:00 AM »
The seed discussion forum is for survivors of the Seed and Seed copycat programs and for other interested parties. The moderator and owner of this forum accept no responsiblity for content. This is a first admendment based open discussion and all opinions and topics are welcome. By posting or reading, you agree to these terms.

Offline Fran

• View Profile
the real seed
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 10:29:00 AM »
So Anon...even the seeds? in Cleveland and/or other locations in Florida were not the SEED?
I would have thought Art would have done something to stop them from calling it the Seed.When were you in the seed? How do you know this?

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
the real seed
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 11:00:00 AM »
On 2005-01-26 18:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

right, fran, the name was "seed" but they were not seed cause they werent even owned by art anyomre they belonged o the rebellious staff that left real seed in ft laud

Really! Then where did the $1 million+ in NIDA expansion money go???

Screening pre-school kids for anti-social behavior is about as useful as screening the Christian Coalition for sanctimonious behavior.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ned=us&ie=UTF-8&q=sanho+tree&btnmeta%3Dsearch%3Dsearch=Search+the+Web' target='_new'>Sanho Tree

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
the real seed
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 11:48:00 AM »
On 2005-01-26 18:19:00, Anonymous wrote:

"right, fran, the name was "seed" but they were not seed cause they werent even owned by art anyomre they belonged o the rebellious staff that left real seed in ft laud

until eventually they were forced to change the name to strait, but notice that for years thye kept their mouth shut about seed. it was like once thye changed the name for them art and libbi never existed when it was obvious that at seed (unlike straight) love made the difference."

sorry, but that is about as big a misrepresentation of the facts as I have seen. The st pete seed was run by John Underwood, Libby, and the director was Suzy connors. Art was there every week. When the seed packed up and closed, ALL OF THEM went to Ft lauderdale. All the staff was hand picked by Art and everything done there was done at the direction of Art.

You couldn't be more wrong Anon. By the way, pick a username and welcome.  Tell us your affiliation with the seed..

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
the real seed
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 12:12:00 PM »
On 2005-01-26 17:01:00, Anonymous wrote:

"can we please stop talkin' bout the st. pete seed since it was not the real seed. by the way, st. pete seed was still called and seed, but was not being run by art. it was run, even while still called seed, by a few rebelious staff and parents, who were told not to do this, but they kept the name seed, until they were forced to change ti to strait. anywya it was not the seed. my point is these people should be talkin in the straight forum, here it is just fort laud. thnx"

Damn, you are just making stuff up!  None of this has any basis in reality...really!

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
the real seed
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2005, 01:19:00 PM »
On 2005-01-27 07:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"The seed discussion forum is for survivors of the Seed and Seed copycat programs and for other interested parties. The moderator and owner of this forum accept no responsiblity for content. This is a first admendment based open discussion and all opinions and topics are welcome. By posting or reading, you agree to these terms."

Yep, truer words were never spoken.

:grin:

Offline Fran

• View Profile
the real seed
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2005, 01:13:00 PM »
Greg...
I know you are right...because I remember visiting the St Pete seed in 73 or 74 and all the staff members I remember were there.

Offline Tony Stark

• View Profile
the real seed
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2005, 05:04:00 PM »
The "real Seed" isn't even a cult. It's already been sown. You think that little mustard seed around your neck meant something? Shit, I got a real tree I planted from outa the kitchen.It was just symbolic for me. It had nothing to do with a cult. I just like birds and they like mustard trees. :smokin:

Cult: A religion with no political power.
--Tom Wolfe, American author

_You'd be surprized how much power these cults have over your minds. Especially religiuous people.________________
"This is a Republic"-VA Man.[ This Message was edited by: The Seeker on 2005-01-28 14:06 ]
Mine Eyes Have Seen The Glory Of the Coming Of The Lord\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
the real seed
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2005, 09:09:00 PM »
Was Straight just a reincarnation of the Seed? I have been reading these posts and honestly it sounds almost like Straight. I'm still a bit confused on the history of Straight and the people that brought it all together.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
the real seed
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2005, 10:32:00 PM »
Yeah, essentially it is. After Art lost his NIDA expansion funding and the local papers were all ablaze w/ bizarre Seed stories, The Seed left St. Pete. A couple of years later, Mel and Betty Sembler (Brent's parents) along w/ half a dozen fellow parent group members founded Straight, Inc.

They used the Morgan Yacht building. They had former Seedlings as the first staff. They hung the 7 steps, the serenity prayer and the three signs on the wall. Probably kept the same "furniture", which I hear tell was crumbling to splinters already. They used much of the same lingo, though "chicks" was definitely out. There was no smoking. It didn't have a charismatic personality guru till Virgil Newton came along. Soon the headlines followed and Virgil went off, allegedly in a huff (though there's some doubt to the credibility of that story) to found Kids of North Jersey.

I thought it was just like the Seed only meaner and more regimented... even Straighter, if you know what I mean. But then, I was never in group at The Seed. I was just in one foster home (my house) and a whole bitch of a lot of open meetings, "volunteer" lunch making missions and such like that.

They came with a Bible and their religion- stole our land, crushed our spirit... and now tell us we should be thankful to the 'Lord' for being saved.
--Chief Pontiac, American Indian Chieftain

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes