Author Topic: Idea  (Read 1122 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Idea
« on: January 15, 2005, 12:30:00 AM »
So Insted of sending your child to a pogram how about you lock them in a closet, tell them how fat/ugly/stupid/slutty/dirty they are around 250 times a day,feed them your nasty rotten left overs,and send 2/3 of your paycheck to Charlie Manson the (Famosly insain keller)
Just a thought
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Idea
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2005, 01:41:00 AM »
then how botu we knock their teeth out, put a hole in the closet door, and pull them foward and make them gobble on our dongs unconscious  :smile: then we pull them out while uncouncious and have sex with them  :smile:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Idea
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2005, 07:08:00 AM »
Very sick twisted person.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Idea
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2005, 01:48:00 PM »
On 2005-01-15 04:08:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Very sick twisted person."

Heh! You'd be surprised!

Anyway, as to the idea, there are a couple of problems with it. First off, any parent who did that to their kid all on their own w/o paying someone to call it therapy would certainly be convicted of criminal child abuse if they were caught. Second, I'm not sure it would have the same effect w/o the whole group dynamic. That's really important, ya' know? In order for thought reform to work, you have to have sort of an echo chamber where a bunch of people go along and act asif the people in charge are sane and everything is just as they say it is. If it's just one kid kept in a closet by their deranged parents, the minute they get away the whole world validates that what has happened to them was clearly abuse. So it wouldn't "work".

The people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. ... All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. It works the same in any country.
--Hermann Goering, Luftwaffe commander, sentenced to death at Nuremberg

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Idea
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2005, 04:45:00 AM »
My Ex speech therapist loved to talk about perceptions and seeing things from the pov of the other person when covering her ass about her boss sending her girl to a program in texas for 2 months for depression.

Like, I had her read that thing about the thing on intrepid net reporters about how that man came up to the woman who did the writeup there and said "I could take your womanhood"

OBVIOUS rape threat. So, the bitch who owns the place goes "oh, Its all in perceptions. I might find that to be the funniest thing in the world! Haha!

And "they push your buttons to see how you deal with things so you can handle it". And how good it was that I knew I'd get pissed off.

All in all I think my therapist helped, but when this shit came up I just got a sour taste in my mouth about the place. Ugh. Just UGH.

If she'd have stop trying to give me her cookie cutter asperger problem with empathy and seeing it from another POV and how they perceive it, and realize in this situation if you are BRAINWASHED its a *LITTLE* different, because they were INFLUENCED, I might have been more eager to keep going. I mean its probably her covering her bosses ass, and probably heard pretty words from her, but other than that, ugh.

She also tried to feed me a line about how it might jsut be some ppl take it differently. Obviously that that means the method is STILL bad, *OR*, you should screen ahead of time to see if theyd have a bad reaction to this bullshit.

She suggested finding two people who went to the SAME seminar on the SAME day and had different opinions of it. I personally think I dont have a chance in hell of doing so, but if anyone does, please let me know. I'd like to see how that pans out.

So yeah, ginger, the environment does change how you think of things.

Jails and prisons are the complement of schools; so many less as you have of the latter, so many more you must have of the former

--Horace Mann

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
Idea
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2005, 11:28:00 AM »
Let me see if I can give you an example. I attended an 8-day 'personal growth' workshop a few years ago. While it wasn't a W seminar, the 'coach', also a licensed therapist, was into est/Lifespring. I discovered this after the fact.

One of the excercises was to get naked and tell your sexual history while being video taped. A little on the edge, but I decided that I'd check it out, knowing that if it were done well it could be useful. If it weren't, I would simply decline. And decline, despite the fact that all 18 participants had 'promised' to follow the coaches directions, show up on time, and complete the workshop. In that opening circle, every single person there agreed to that commitment except me. I told him that I would follow any 'reasonable' direction he gave. That was the most I could promise. The looks from other people gave me the impression that they perceived me as a party pooper, difficult, untrusting, whatever. I'm sure they all thought I really 'needed' this workshop. For many it was not their first.

Three or four people completed the exercise about the third day into the workshop. The coach was pretty harsh with the guys but soft on the women. There was one woman, who was timid and obviously self-conscious about her body image and uncomfortable with the exercise. I sat in shock as he 'coached' her at the end of her story by telling her that she had a very desirable body, big tits, etc, and that any guy would want to have sex with her.   :roll:

When it came my turn I refused to participate which caused a showdown between the coach and I that lasted for over an hour, much to many participant's disappointment. Actually, it wasn't the first or last disagreement we had in the group's presence. I accused him of being sexist and not clear enough to help others when it came to this issue. He gave me the ultimatum to either participate or leave the workshop. I left.

Five people showed up at my room later, at different times. All had a different 'interpretation'. Few saw his comments as sexist and viewed them as 'helpful'. Helpful because he had boosted her confidence in her body image. Go figure. All but one wanted/needed me to return and cooperate. Keep my commitment to the group. The one who didn't was curious and wanted me to explain my 'interpretation' of the event. And get this, it was the woman's husband! One woman was in tears when she left because she 'needed' me to return, as was another young man who I'd developed a very close relationship with very quickly. It was important to him that I be there for his story. I told him that I'd be happy to listen to his story but would not return in order to do so.

Yeh, it's about interpretation. I apparently was the only one there who interpreted it that way. I definitely sensed that the other participants needed a 'guru', they needed to trust him, perceived him to be wiser than themselves and consistently showed a willingness to defer to his direction, based on his sometimes flawed interpretations and perceptions. So, this 'coach' trained 17 people to believe that the way to improve a woman's self esteem is by assuring her that she is sexually desirable to men.

The difference with this workshop and the seminars that the teens are required to attend. I had the freedom to walk out. They don't.

And that's where I personally draw the line. I didn't have an agenda to sway his 'followers'. They were consenting adults and free to make their own decisions. I don't think it's appropriate for teens to be forced into this type of experience.

What's similar is that participants are subjected to the thinking of the coaches who may or may not have a clue about what they are doing.

I'll give you one other example from this experience. One of the exercises was that the group went to the forest. Acutally there were several exercises at this location, but one in particular, the group was supposed to follow the coach where ever he went. This was an ancient redwood forest with signs posted everywhere to 'stay on the path'. He lead them 'off the path' (interesting metaphor, don't you think) several times. I didn't follow. Others did. Back at the facility I asked if anyone else had noticed the signs and why they followed him off the path. Only one guy had noticed the signs, but followed anyway.

The coach did all the 'confronting'. I was the only one who confronted him. In a different venue, I could have been railroaded by the others as mentally unstable, deviant, whatever label one would choose to use; and subjected to whatever 'treatment' they felt I needed. People get scared when someone thinks differently than the group.

The entire 8 days was an eye-opening experience for me. A sociological experiment in which I got to see first-hand how 'lost' the average person is. How desperately they need a 'daddy' to follow. How few people can actually think for themselves. How easily they are to be manipulated. I learned a lot, DESPITE the workshop, not because of it. How often do we hear that from program participants?
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline plomly22

• View Profile
Idea
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2005, 02:14:00 PM »
On 2005-01-16 08:28:00, Deborah wrote:

"

The difference with this workshop and the seminars that the teens are required to attend. I had the freedom to walk out. They don't."

In the trainings (as we called them) we could leave, it just meant that you weren't ready to deal with your problems and you had to keep repeating if over and over until you finished it. And you couldn't move up to higher levels without completing the trainings. We had two individual trainings both three days long.

There was no therapist or any mental health professional, just the owner of the program and girls who had already completed the training.

One of the girls that was there when I was, went through the first training three times because she wouldn't hit her chair with a towel.
Spring Ridge Academy 97-99
SUWS 99
Dancing Moon Ranch 99-00