Author Topic: Dream about Elan  (Read 1667 times)

Offline Pete

• View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/pa5/lifeline
Dream about Elan
« on: January 04, 2005, 09:03:00 AM »
I had an Elan dream the other night.  I don't consider them nightmares anymore because I'm so used to them.  But this one wasn't pleasant -- until I woke up.

The theme was the same.  I leave Elan in 1996 and get sent back about two years later, ostensibly for "fucking up" in some way (I never know why).  Upon return, I just sit there for two years and nobody wants to promote me or let me re-graduate or whatever.  So one day I go home for a home visit.  By now, I'm in my 20s and I've become convinced that the staff does not have my best interests at heart.  I decide that since I've graduated the program once already, I should just sign out because I'm missing valuable life experience from being institutionalized for a long time.  

So I wait for the home visit and I tell my mom and stepfather (they're divorced now, but in the dream, they're still together) that I want to leave and move on and that I'm not going back to Elan.  Before I can say anything, Clare Woodman appears in a chair in my living room.  She seems kind (not at all angry) and asks me to explain myself.  So I say that I've been in Elan forever and I want to leave.  She appears surprised and says, "But Pete, you left Elan three years ago."  Then I wake up and realize I actually left back in 1996 and never got sent back.

I think this dream symbolizes that I think about Elan too much.   Any other thoughts?

By the way, I'm not somebody who dwells or is still angry at the place.  It just had a big impact on my life; that's all.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Dream about Elan
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »
absolutely no one cares. No one wants to hear how fucking weird youare. I bet you like it that people think you are weird. no one likrs you. Sister fucker

Offline Chrysta

• View Profile
Dream about Elan
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2005, 11:04:00 AM »
hey asshole.....(*and i mean that in the kindest way possible) speak for yourself. Some people do care. I have a similar dream about going back to Elan as an adult about once a year. You may be right, it may be because you think about it too much. It could also mean that you haven't found where to put Elan in your memories. Was it a good place? bad place? torture? Did it do you any good? Do you miss the people? THe structure? etc. Think about it

This is not an invite for this immature jerk to respond and post like you are God. You are an annoying excuse for a human being who preys on others shit. Guess what asshole....you also have issues or you wouldnt be in Elan. Identify yourself so people can air all your dirty laundry out in this forum, you coward bastard.

As many people know....this is not like me to be so cruel, but this guy is a real jerk. Pardon me if I offended anyone else besides this loser.

Offline Pete

• View Profile
Dream about Elan
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2005, 12:03:00 PM »
Thank you Chrysta.  

Now back to the topic.  [ This Message was edited by: Pete on 2005-01-04 09:10 ]

Offline Pete

• View Profile
Dream about Elan
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2005, 05:02:00 PM »
No, Jordan and I don't have any lingering disputes.  I think it's someone else.

Anyway, I want to ignore them.  I thought the topic had some merit.

Offline Cynthia

• View Profile
Dream about Elan
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2005, 06:20:00 PM »
Hi Pete, I didn't attend elan, but I have regular dreams about high school. Usually about all the stuff I have crammed in my locker and having no way to get it all home.(I am very messy) My sisters dream about their lockers too, but they can't get them opened. I think it is pretty normal and will never go away.
I also dream that I am 30ish and still in school because I cannot pass Spanish. Thank God we wake up and it ends!
Cindy