Author Topic: Bye Arafat!  (Read 2248 times)

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
Bye Arafat!
« on: November 15, 2004, 09:31:00 PM »
BOSTON Yasser Arafat died at age 75, lying in bed surrounded by familiar faces. He left this world peacefully, unlike the thousands of victims he sent to early graves.

In a better world, the PLO chief would have met his end on a gallows, hanged for mass murder much as the Nazi chiefs were hanged at Nuremberg. In a better world, the French president would not have paid a visit to the bedside of such a monster. In a better world, President George W. Bush would not have said, on hearing the first reports that Arafat had died, "God bless his soul."

God bless his soul? What a grotesque idea! Bless the soul of the man who brought modern terrorism to the world? Who sent his agents to slaughter athletes at the Olympics, blow airliners out of the sky, bomb schools and pizzerias, machine-gun passengers in airline terminals? Who lied, cheated and stole without compunction? Who inculcated the vilest culture of Jew-hatred since the Third Reich? Human beings might stoop to bless a creature so evil - as indeed Arafat was blessed, with money, deference, even a Nobel Prize - but God, I am quite sure, will damn him for eternity.

Arafat always inspired flights of nonsense from Western journalists, and his last two weeks were no exception.

Derek Brown wrote in The Guardian that Arafat's "undisputed courage as a guerrilla leader" was exceeded only "by his extraordinary courage" as a peace negotiator. But it is an odd kind of courage that expresses itself in shooting unarmed victims - or in signing peace accords and then flagrantly violating their terms.

Another commentator, columnist Gwynne Dyer, asked, "So what did Arafat do right?" The answer: He drew worldwide attention to the Palestinian cause, "for the most part by successful acts of terror." In other words, butchering innocent human beings was "right," since it served an ulterior political motive. No doubt that thought brings daily comfort to all those who were forced to bury a child, parent or spouse because of Arafat's "successful" terrorism.

Some journalists couldn't wait for Arafat's actual death to begin weeping for him. Take the BBC's Barbara Plett, who burst into tears on the day he was airlifted out of the West Bank. "When the helicopter carrying the frail old man rose above his ruined compound," Plett reported from Ramallah, "I started to cry." Normal people don't weep for brutal murderers, but Plett made it clear that her empathy for Arafat - whom she praised as "a symbol of Palestinian unity, steadfastness and resistance" - was heartfelt.

And what about Arafat's victims? Why were they scarcely remembered in this Arafat death watch?

How is it possible to reflect on Arafat's most enduring legacy - the rise of modern terrorism - without recalling the legions of men, women and children whose lives he and his followers destroyed? If Osama bin Laden were on his deathbed, would we neglect to mention all those he murdered on 9/11?

It would take an encyclopedia to catalog all of the evil Arafat committed. But that is no excuse for not trying to recall at least some of it.

Perhaps his signal contribution to the practice of political terror was the introduction of warfare against children. On one black date in May, 1974, three PLO terrorists slipped from Lebanon into the northern Israeli town of Ma'alot. They murdered two parents and a child whom they found at home, then seized a local school, taking more than 100 boys and girls hostage and threatening to kill them unless a number of imprisoned terrorists were released. When Israeli troops attempted a rescue, the terrorists exploded hand grenades and opened fire on the students. By the time the horror ended, 25 people were dead; 21 of them were children.

Thirty years later, no one speaks of Ma'alot anymore. The dead children have been forgotten. Everyone knows Arafat's name, but who ever recalls the names of his victims?

So let us recall them: Ilana Turgeman. Rachel Aputa. Yocheved Mazoz. Sarah Ben-Shim'on. Yona Sabag. Yafa Cohen. Shoshana Cohen. Michal Sitrok. Malka Amrosy. Aviva Saada. Yocheved Diyi. Yaakov Levi. Yaakov Kabla. Rina Cohen. Ilana Ne'eman. Sarah Madar. Tamar Dahan. Sarah Soper. Lili Morad. David Madar. Yehudit Madar. The 21 dead children of Ma'alot - 21 of the thousands who died at Arafat's command.

Jeff Jacoby The Boston Globe
Saturday, November 13, 2004
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bye Arafat!
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2004, 09:42:00 PM »
Well Bryan, he was a leader and now, as he wished he is a martyr.  If peace can come out of his demise, than that is a man who did a good thing.

Offline southern boy

• View Profile
Bye Arafat!
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 09:43:00 PM »
That last reply was me.  Damn this logging in shit! ::armed::  ::armed::  ::armed::

Offline Polarbear

• View Profile
Bye Arafat!
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2004, 02:58:00 AM »
Arafat was a sick evil bastard.  The shame of it all is that he proved all you need to do to get power and profits is to survive long enough.  The US was even giving him money.  Thanks to our short-sighted weakness today's terrorist is tomorrow's statesman.  

Hell, Osama's only been on the run for 3 years and he's already telling us who we should vote for...

Enjoy-Polarbear

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Bye Arafat!
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2004, 04:34:00 PM »
Extreme oppression calls for extreme measures toward liberation. Israel is not without fault?
The US gives money to both, but the Palestinians are not allowed to use their 'donations' toward military and war.
Give the Palestinians their damn land back and they'll probably stop blowing up your people- or something other than barren desert. Stop squatting in their homes and neighborhoods. Until then, I don't perceive it as terrorism. Looks more like, killing oppressive squatters, when all else has failed.
Arafat was a hero in many people's eyes. Depends on which angle you're viewing from.

Offline Polarbear

• View Profile
Bye Arafat!
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2004, 11:24:00 AM »
I never said Israel was without fault.  What I said was Arafat was a sick evil bastard.  But as far as Israel is concerned-they don't have a history of terrorist attacks on Americans.  The PLO can't make the same claims.  

As for giving them their land back I would point out that you're making an insanely out-of-touch statement.  History doesn't show them to be the true owners of that land.  In fact, the people who call themselves Palestinians are not.  There was never an ethnic group by that name.  Palestine was a name used by the Romans who administered the region.  The people who call themselves Palestinians are generally ethnic Syrians.  Arafat is, or was, Egyptian.

In 1977 Palestine Liberation Organization executive committee member Zahir Muhsein stated for Dutch newspaper "Trouw" the following:

"The Palestinian people does not exist. The creation of a Palestinian state is only a means for continuing our struggle against the state of Israel for our Arab unity. In reality today there is no difference between Jordanians, Palestinians, Syrians and Lebanese. Only for political and tactical reasons do we speak today about the existence of a Palestinian people, since Arab national interests demand that we posit the existence of a distinct 'Palestinian people' to oppose Zionism.

For tactical reasons, Jordan, which is a sovereign state with defined borders, cannot raise claims to Haifa and Jaffa, while as a Palestinian, I can undoubtedly demand Haifa, Jaffa, Beer-Sheva and Jerusalem. However, the moment we reclaim our right to all of Palestine, we will not wait even a minute to unite Palestine and Jordan."

That's their leadership speaking there.  Do you really believe they would give up the struggle if Israel gave them back their land???  The PLO declared from the start that their goal was the total destruction of Israel.  They have never changed that goal, not even after the peace accords and the foolish attempt to give them responsibility and legitimacy.  They are never going to look for peace except as a chance to re-arm and re-equip and train new forces.  They get great mileage out of their status as victims now.  

2 American writers managed to get into the West Bank to interview representatives of various terrorist groups several years ago.  They went in and met with them to ask them questions from a wide variety of directions.  The basic lesson they walked out with was simple.  These people are not fighting to help "their" people.  They have no economic plan.  No idea how to lead the locals.  No plan for co-existence of any kind.  They only exist to carry on the fruitless struggle and kill more and more people.  Foreign money finances much of it.  Saudis and Iraq have been the big funding source for the suicide bombings.  If Saudis weren't paying for martyrs, there would be fewer of them.

Don't make the mistake of believing the so-called Palestinians would stop killing if they got back that land.  Israel has every right to take that land and anything else they need to insure the safety of their civilians.  You don't see Israelis attacking unarmed civilians and blowing themselves up at "Palestinian" bus stops.  If I had to defend my public I would take much more extreme measures.  I would completely bulldoze every inch of the enemy settlements and push them all across the borders.  But no one wants them.  The Israelis have offered to pretty much give them what they want 3 times.  Arafat turned it down every time.  In 2000 Israel, under Barak, offered the Palestinians essentially their own state, based out of Jerusalem, control over the Temple Mount, 95% of the West Bank, all of Gaza Strip, and a $30 billion compensation package for the 1948 refugees. This was unheard of!  Saudi Arabia's Prince Bandar urged them to take the deal and told them refusal would be criminal.  Arafat didn't even offer a counter-proposal.  How much more land do you think they need?

As long as you see it as killing squatters-with what I've written here, does that mean the Israelis are also justified in killing squatters, too?  Because with their vastly superior forces they should be able to wipe out their enemies and liberate the rest of that land, ending the problem for all time.  

I don't know why you seem to hate Israel.  Personally, I don't have a dog in their fight.  I wish we didn't spend money on their defense.  But I support a sovereign nation killing terrorists and threats to their safety.  Kill em' all.  I don't care what it takes.  If I had to oversee the defense of my nation I would stop at no end to protect it.  At this point I believe Israel has essentially constructed a Berlin Wall around the enemy areas, shutting off contact and pretty much insuring their economic chances are nil.  The "Paletinians" have no one to blame but their own greedy self-appointed leaders.  Thank God Arafat is dead.  I hope he's rotting in Hell as I type, paying for his murderous criminal career.
Enjoy-Polarbear