Author Topic: 14 Year old Dies at THAYER LEARNING CENTER  (Read 72375 times)

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
14 Year old Dies at THAYER LEARNING CENTER
« Reply #240 on: February 04, 2005, 11:47:00 PM »
Sooner or later someone is gonna flip out who was a victim and just blow a few brains out, if it takes too long to end this fiasco.

I, too, think good will win. Simply because no conspiracy lasts forever. EVER. The only constant is change. Plus, I think it is totally wrong for CHILDREN to be tortured so horrifically.

The real problem is america itself. People are too apathetic now. I tell people about this and a lot of them tell me "oh bad shit happens all over the world" or "kids are starving in ethiopia, why dont you go save them". So it comes down to either 1. they dont care about anything 2. they could somehow name a worse situation thats irrelevant to this one, and because they can think of something worse, in their mind, you shouldnt fix the lesser problem... or whatever.

*sighs* oh well. At least chi3 got her girl out. That gave me a lot of hope for the future.

For the most part we inherit our opinions. We are the heirs of habits and mental customs. Our beliefs, like the fashion of our garments, depend on where we were born. We are molded and fashioned by our surroundings.
--Environment is a sculptor -- a painter.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #241 on: February 05, 2005, 12:49:00 AM »
which one of you females were sent their, because got caught having sex?if so i have an offer for you, i will pay you 150 bux 2 let me fuk u.im 13 so u have 2 be under 18 or else youll get in trouble and i dont wand that to happen.holler

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 05, 2005, 02:33:00 PM »
Sat, Feb 05, 2005 Kansas city Star
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/10822151
Roberts Reyes parents are suing Thayer Learning Center LLC.  They are stating that Roberto was subjected to physical exertion and abuse that caused or contributed to his death.  The lawsuit stated that he was dragged, hit, placed into solitary confinement and "forced to lay in his own excrement for extened periods of time". Employees named in the lawsuit are Richard Sperry of Chillicothe, Robert Carter of Kidder and Dave Swymeler of St. Joseph. The lawsuit was filed in Buchanan County.  The lawsuit states that Roberto "was subjected to sadistic, cruel and harmful acts."  The lawsuit stated that Roberto's compaints were treated as "games and ploys, despite an inability to walk, deteriorating respiratory status and diminshing mental and cognitive function."  The lawsuit also says Roberto was left "to die alone.........
with a feeling of utter hopelessness." Also stated Thayer "engages in a pattern and practice of inflicting physical and emotional harm to children under its care."
Courtesy of Tim Rocha

Offline Mrs. Doubtfire

• View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 05, 2005, 06:48:00 PM »
Julia:  You keep it up girl.  I love your spirit and your courage. You have no idea how much your experience will help other kids from being sent to that place; and maybe along the way get some parents to WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROTTEN BUNDY'S.

Don't give in and don't give up.  Stay strong, stay focused and maybe you will find that your goal in life is to help pull others left behind up to the surface where you can all fight the good fight. There are worse things than being an advocate for your fellow human beings.

The lawsuit has been filed and we can only pray you and others like you will support the Reyes in their quest to rid the world of Thayer Learning Center and put the Bundy's in jail for a looooooooooooong, loooooooooooooong time.

Keep talking girl, just keep talking!!! You are wonderful.

Offline miseducated

• View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 05, 2005, 11:28:00 PM »
Sorry, I'm new on this thread, so maybe I am repeating others' sentiments already expressed:

I will not be satisfied with this story until criminal charges are filed, the criminals are tried and convicted and are serving time in prison for murder, and Thayer Learning Center is closed down.

You know why I think it is still open? Because teenagers are not seen to be children, therefore they do not deserve the protection that would normally be given to children. These teenagers are seen as Bad, so it is allowed.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 06, 2005, 02:31:00 PM »
This country is rather fond of screwing over teenagers both ways. And by both I mean this:

They're legally responsible in criminal court, but do NOT get any of the rights or priviladges of adults. So, all the responsibility, but still only have the power, opportunity, and rights of a child.

So, they cant drive, cant buy this or that, cant drink, cant smoke, and have to be told what to do, but they sure as hell can be punished as if they were adults... while at the same time being told they ARENT able to make adult decisions!

I for one am damn glad I'm 20 now. I would not go back and be a kid again, for neither love nor fortune. I'd shoot myself or jump out a window first. UGH.

Boundary, n.  In political geography, an imaginary line between two nations, separating the imaginary rights of one from the imaginary rights of another.
-- Ambrose Bierce,  The Devil's Dictionary

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 06, 2005, 03:27:00 PM »
My child was there and can attest that when the owners knew visitors were coming -- the cadets were told to  pick up pieces of dust and lint from the carpet with their fingers.  Cadets were told to lie to their parents when faced with mistakes made at Thayer.  I don't blame the kids for not posting their names - others have already been sued for defamation.  I was also threatened by the Bundy's for not supporting their "program".  I can't tell you the number of lies coming from the adults that run this program - giving the cadets a good example?  oh please.....

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 06, 2005, 03:34:00 PM »
There have been many children taken out of Thayer!

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 06, 2005, 03:38:00 PM »
More brainwashing....and you believe it was alcohol withdrawal?  Sounds like a Bundy statement.

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 06, 2005, 03:44:00 PM »
I agree.  My child was at Thayer - no reform there - just social disfunction.

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #250 on: February 06, 2005, 03:46:00 PM »
Oh yea, I have had discussions with Willa Bundy.  She says what you want to hear to your face and stabs you in the back.  If she was running a professional business in keeping with their promises, this web site would not exist.

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #251 on: February 06, 2005, 03:50:00 PM »
Amen...

Offline finlyrite

• View Profile
« Reply #252 on: February 06, 2005, 03:53:00 PM »
I sent my child to Thayer and I agree 100%.  $4000 a month with inconsistent discipline, uncleanliness and being shown how to lie and manipulate with no education afforded is a joke and a fraud.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #253 on: February 06, 2005, 04:21:00 PM »
everything they are saying about thayer is true.  i just "rescued" my son from there yesterday after only having been there a week.  in talking to the family rep every day (which you arent supposed to do) i knew something wasnt right.  they give you this long list of things to bring, but dont give it any of it to the kids.  i.e, three tubes of toothpaste....you know what my son used?  baking soda and water.  their so called "healthy balanced diet", his breakfast yesterday....wheat seeds and water....why?  because wheat expands and gives the illusion that you are full, so they dont have to feed them more..lunch was ONE peanut butter and jelly sandwich...dinner was some kind of slop that he wasnt even sure what was in it.

how do they call that healthy?

he was soooo hungry when i picked him up yesterday he ate the following: chicken nuggets, french fries, two fruit salads, chicken strips, burritos, candy bar, potatoe chips and two peanut butter and jelly sandwiches..and was STILL hungry, but i wouldnt let him eat more for fear of getting sick from over doing it.

he has bruises and cuts all on his body, and he was only there a week.  his left ankle is swollen up like a baseball, but yet they kept working him to death...his chest hurts so bad that he has difficulty breathing (probably from the repeated slams to the floor for looking someone in the face).  i was so worried about his breathing, especially after the reyes incident, i spent half the night just watching his chest last night.

this is ridiculous and needs to be stopped!  thank goodness i came to my senses (call it mother's intuition) and went and got him after only a week.  

he was crying so hysterically when he saw me yesterday that he couldnt even talk and was literally choking himself on his tears!  

pitifull!

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
« Reply #254 on: February 06, 2005, 05:01:00 PM »
GET A DAMN ACCOUNT!

Email or contact us somehow, or give a private message, or get in a AIM YIM MSN thing, or give your # so we can call.

TELL THIS TO http://www.isaccorp.org!

Take pictures, or hell, go to the COPS and get THEM to take pics of this as evidence. His bruises and hunger and apperance is evidence. Yes, its sad that this happened to your son, but that hes out to testify through his survival and apperance and words  can help stop this from happening to other kids.

*PLEASE*

Religion is based . . . mainly on fear . . . fear of the mysterious, fear of defeat, fear of death. Fear is the parent of cruelty, and therefore it is no wonder if cruelty and religion have gone hand in hand. . . . My own view on religion is that of Lucretius. I regard it as a disease born of fear and as a source of untold misery to the human race.
--Bertrand Russell, British philosopher, educator, mathemetician, and social critic