Author Topic: RMA Sauna  (Read 8938 times)

Offline southern boy

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« on: October 26, 2004, 08:43:00 AM »
My first day at RMA was in Febuary 1990, I was led down to the sauna by two very attractive girls in my peer group.  I was thinking, well this is going to be alright, yeah right.  We get down to the sauna and I see this guy on the dock over the pond breaking ice away, we then entered the sauna and there is a John Lennon lookalike on the massage table getting a rub down by one of the boys from my peer group.  That was the first time I met Ned Murray.  He proceeded to moan loudly as the boy rubbed his back, and asked me about being from the south. I kept thinking dad if you come back and get me I swear no more drugs, hell  I'll become a fucking straight A student.  A kid, that kept grinning like a cult member, told me that everybody jumps in the pond during a sauna in winter in friggin Northern Idaho.  After about an hour or so after my plunge my two family heirlooms finally made their way back home, that was the coldest damn water this hillbilly ever felt.  The worst part of the day was I had two and a half more years to go, i swear dad no more drugs, just get me the hell out of here. ::crybaby::  ::crybaby::  ::crybaby::  ::crybaby::  ::crybaby::
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2004, 09:31:00 AM »
I remember the sauna! It stank!

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
RMA Sauna
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2004, 11:58:00 AM »
they had a sauna?
why?
aura solomon

Offline southern boy

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2004, 01:29:00 PM »
They had a sauna to sweat.

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
RMA Sauna
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »
i actually read about that shit in this cult book i was reading.
interesting.
did they make you go in there?
aura solomon

Offline Polarbear

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2004, 12:56:00 AM »
There was nothing malicious like that to the Sauna.  It was just something they offered.  It was never required.  They operated it off and on year-round.  It was part of the deck and swimming platform on the lake.  I partook while I was there.  It was exhilarating!  I grew up doing that, but where I'm from never gets cold enough for that kind of ice.  Enjoy-Polarbear

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2004, 04:55:00 AM »
Randy Eide used to host a sauna on Sunday afternoons. And yeah, my dumb ass got talked into jumping through the hole in the ice over the pond too. (I only did it once) They used to have a weight set down there but it got moved into a small room by the house that I don't remember the name of anymore.

Off the subject, I heard a few things about Caroline's current life a couple years ago and it was not good at all. This was from the most reliable source too.

We must remember that the staffers we dealt with at RMA were in many cases much younger than we are now. Caroline and Randy were in their mid 20's in 1987! Its not an excuse for treating others poorly, but it shouldn't be left out of the equation.

Herman Allmaras

[email protected]

Offline southern boy

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2004, 09:00:00 AM »
On 2004-10-26 20:20:00, mikehunt wrote:

"i actually read about that shit in this cult book i was reading.

interesting.

did they make you go in there?
"

What the?  The only time they would make us go into the sauna is when it was time to worship the great Unga Bunga, then the couselors would wear the sheep skins and lead us down to the sauna. :nworthy:  :nworthy:  :silly:

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2004, 09:47:00 AM »
All good, as they used to say at the time. The sauna and everything I associate with it (with the exception of smell) was all good.
The sunday saunas with Randy were ok, but nakedness was always encouraged when there was none of the opposite sex. Why? I really believe in this case it had more to do with spirituality. But I do not use the word encouraged lightly either.

about Caroline and Randy though: Please inform us of the misfortune that has befallen one or either.
I do not discard what was said about the ages of a lot of the counselors. But...Caroline was an abusive, favorite playing, cripplingly cruel when she wanted to be, and clearly played on the sexual issues of us teens in a sadistic manner. I think the question of her conduct has VERY little to do with age and a LOT to do with her CEDU education...wouldn't you?
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline southern boy

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2004, 09:59:00 AM »
I agree completely with what you said about Caroline, she was sadistic, with the mentality of a gang leader.  She enjoyed breaking someone down but not building them back up, she liked to leave a person in pain.

Offline Polarbear

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2004, 08:17:00 PM »
I could not stand that woman.  I believe I heard they got divorced.  Caroline was definitely one of the meanest, nastiest, most unpleasant people I have ever dealt with.  People who always felt powerless are the worst ones to give power and authority to.  Enjoy-Polarbear

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2004, 08:32:00 PM »
Randy Eide is a cedu fuckwad is he still at rma ?  what is this caroline's last name? i bet she came from the cedu "family" where the ends justify the means. what is this cult book you read called ?  eide was the kind of cult type that cedu loved to use for its own agenda  which is conning narcissistic parents and parole officers into sending their abusive resentfilled insecure jealousy spewing filth to them so they can use them and indoctrinate them that all u should care about is you and do not think just feel and do whatever you feel .

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2004, 04:53:00 AM »
Caroline Wolfe and Randy Eide were indeed divorced. It happened sometime after I graduated in the summer of 1988, although I have no idea what year. My guess would be the early 90's. I recall it surprised me when I heard of the split.

I was told by an ex-RMA senior staff that Randy was driving "a truck" in Southern California, but that was a couple years ago. I have no idea if this meant a semi, tow truck, or bread van.

Caroline and Randy were both ex-CEDU students if memory serves. Randy was a thug/druggie out of Chicago and Caroline's occupation prior to CEDU was conducted strictly at night.

I had Caroline's game down after about one week.  My basic goal was to avoid her at all costs, which was relatively easy after I got out of Voyagers. I was too young to realize it at the time, but her main problem had to do with control. Caroline was a typical control freak, and to an extent so was Randy. Ultimately it was her lack of control that got her fired I was told.

A few years ago, Caroline was invited to a wedding by a former RMA student getting married. This former student informed me that when Caroline showed up for a party the night before the day of the wedding she looked really bad, but that's not the weirdest part. The next day she totally blew off the wedding cerimony even though she was in it. A total NO-SHOW. Obviously this type of behavior screams one thing, and it isn't good. By the way, Tim Brace was also present for this wedding and apparently was the same old Tim.

Please don't flame Brace, I liked the man and thought he honestly cared. As you may know he now runs a school out east called Carlbrook. Two Cascade graduates are on the board as well. I believe the web address is http://www.carlbrook.org.

Anybody remember Nils Tonsman? The big German was the coolest dude at that place. I heard he left RMA years ago, moved to Seattle and got into computers. Apparently he got married and they had kids. I heard this from Mare before she passed away, about three years ago, maybe four.

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2004, 11:00:00 AM »
I knew Nils Too. Randy and Caroline were still together when I graduated in 1990-91. It was over though. I think we all had an idea of that.
WHERE IS CAROLINE WOLF?
I want to know if she still works with youth, because she is a mean, mean, bitch. I, for one, do want to relay to her what she did to kids is wrong. Yes, she was a control freak. She loved power! And she was spiteful, vindictive, intimidating, and very often cruel and OFF BASE. I want her to know that that is NOT OK.
I was really really really terrified of her. Now, I'm really really really pissed at her.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
RMA Sauna
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2004, 05:48:00 PM »
rma forces narcissists like caroline wolf to be the way they are. they are coerced by those in power namely that incompetent "loyalty is everything" dan earle. they think that as long as they can tear them down they are right. i think rma is not the place for those who cannot rebuild themselves. they used to say that those who left were not serious about the place but hey like every other sociopathic group they have to blame those they take advantage of.  you have to admit that the staff and kids in those place are extremely selfish and become more so because it is encouraged. resentment drives most of them