Author Topic: BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!  (Read 8166 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« on: October 10, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »
That thread, "Brandi Elliott resigns" is wrongly named. She had to be fired - or offered an opportunity to resign. Here's how I know:

In the letter she wrote and posted to Lon's website, she says that she does not know the direction she will take. No one willingly quits a job in this way. She would be posting on his site about her new ventures. She does not say she is retiring, although she has made great money for an uneducated, ignorant person. She started that job at $75,000. Then she got her fake degree at California Coast "University." This is a non-accredited, mail-order school. A diploma mill. She strutted around so proud of her "degree!" It was a big joke. But, be aware, there are A LOT of fake degrees at CEDU. Plenty of 'em.

She is abusive and power-hungry. I remember her instructions to staff to ignore the advice of the therapists. She had conflict with them. Who would have conflict with therapists? I'll tell you who - someone who is ignorant, uneducated, and power-hungry. Brandi Elliott.

She has enough intelligence, but she has no class. She carries with her an aura of a person from generations of trailer trash. Even her stupid name - Brandi - shouts this out. I remember when I was hired I wondered about this. Only trailer trash types name their daughters Brandi - with an "i" even! We used to talk about that - she might as well have been named Sunshyne or some stupid shit like that.

Brandi talked in propheets about her slutty past. We all saw her as a slut in the present. She flirted with some of the boys - that post about her being willing to jump in the mud and wrestle with the kids cracked me up! HA! She loved it. She wanted everyone to think she was sexy, and she certainly didn't mind being in the mud with those boys.

I will never know why CEDU Running Sprnigs promoted her as they did. When she was promoted, Jim Powell was running the place. He was an ignorant bastard, as well. I was too low down the food chain to know how these things happened... but I did notice the WORST, most ignorant, and most abusive persons being promoted - Brandi Elliott and Russ Decker. They were just IGNORANT. Brandi's favorite word was "manipulate." All the kids were manipulating. If a kid was in genuine pain, he was manipulating. Only the kids who learned to bullshit were favored by her. I saw it happen - and some kids told me about it. They said they learned to bullshit her and look good without being a "look-good." Some of these kids really learned to con her.

I knew some kids who AWOL'd and while they were in town, they saw her "dirty dancing" in a bar with men. That became a big joke. In propheets, she talked about what a slut she had been. We all knew she STILL WAS a slut! She loved the attention of males and she loved bashing everyone.

She was so ignorant, she would diagnose kids. I remember a kid who was psychotic and she said he was manipulating. He was PSYCHOTIC! He was hallucinating and having delusions. His parents removed him.

I remember a kid who had a mild case of autism. The therapists all said so. Brandi said she was bulemic. Her diagnostic criteria? She said, "she has the same empty look in her eyes that I had when I was bulemic." It was FUCKING UNBELIEVABLE! Diagnosis by an "empty look"?!?! There was a doctor (Soltani) there who said the girl was autistic. Brandi, the ignorant slut, told us that he was being manipulated! He was a DOCTOR and she was saying that SHE was diagnosing the kid! And she didn't even have her fake degree yet!

Clearly, I have major issues with Brandi Elliott. Why is that? Why am I even talking about her stupid, trailer trash name? I'll tell you why - because she was mean to staff, mean to the kids, and even mean to the therapists. She manipulated parents and labeled everyone else as manipulating.  If she was a decent person, I'd never mention her name. I wouldn't care. I would be telling you how great she was, how insightful, how respectful of others' feelings. Well, I'm NOT saying that, because she was an ignorant tyrant who kept us all on edge. We hated her. I still do, and I haven't worked in that hell hole for years. I'll never forget Brandi Elliott. I'll never forget what a fucking, ignorant, mean-spirited whore she was.

I went on to school after my CEDU experience. I got a REAL degree at a REAL school. I've moved way, way on past Brandi Elliott. But she'll always be with me. My terrible memories of working under her will be with me forever. The way the kids talked about her flirting with the boys and the way she labeled kids who were truly suffering as manipulators will never fully leave my memory. Fortunately, on most days I never give her a thought. But seeing these posts about her brings it all back so vividly. She made our lives hell and she didn't care - she only wanted power. Parents - TAKE NOTE - this is the kind of person CEDU values and promotes. An ignorant person with a fake degree from a mail-order "university." Someone who leaves such a mark on staff that years later just the mention of her name brings back terrible memories and feelings. If she came to work IN ANY CAPACITY in any place where I work, I would QUIT immediately. I'm not kidding. I want nothing to do with her ever again and I never want to see her again.

I'll hate her until I die.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 01:15:00 PM »
Let her know how you feel about her! This is a cell number, by the way.

My new contact information is 909-315-8320 or [email protected].

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 07:27:00 PM »
The description you have of Brandi applies to many of the staff at CEDU 15 years ago.  The environment and philosophy of CEDU attracts and promotes this type of person.

Glad you are gone!

Offline manchester

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 07:39:00 PM »
Fifteen years ago. No kidding? You were there 15 years ago and you're here posting? How long does it take to lose interest in an experience in one of these schools?

Offline vvigil

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »
We're here for many reasons, but I think the main reason someone like me, who graduated 11 years ago, would still be visiting this site and posting is to see what happened to everyone else. To see if others still suffer from PTSD and to see what we can do about it- both for ourselves and the future victims of these schools.
Personally, I've caught up with some good people on these sites- if it hadn't been for such forums, I'd have never been able to get back in touch with these people.

Offline manchester

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2004, 09:18:00 PM »
Wow. Eleven years. That says something.

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2004, 10:07:00 PM »
Manchester, I have not ruminated on CEDU endlessly (until I came to this forum), but it's been at the back of my mind, always.  Why? Because it was the most bizarre experience I have ever had and I had no one to share it with. I split and never spoke about it to my parents and in many ways was still programmed to believe all the CEDU bunk. I was not a bad person prior to CEDU.  I was an underrachiever but smart and never quite fit in.  I was neglected and emotionally abused, and had some trauma before the program.  But I was a good person and also very honest.

At CEDU, I was treated like a liar, called a manipulator, badgered relentlessly to have emotionally facilitated breakthroughs based on some bogus issues, bullied, and shamed.  Never once were any real issues dealt with.  Also problematic were the lack of therapeutic boundaries, therapeutic qualities, and viable academic opportunities.

I split because I knew to advance I'd have to be a bully, make coerced confessions of dubious veracity, and generally surrender to a cultic environment.

Funnily enough, I was still programmed by CEDU's binary value system and tried to live in agreeement (this was subconscious) after I left.  I did everything "right" -- got all As, volunteeered, lived healthfully, lived by a certain code--but none of the real issues were dealt with and combined with this fact, I didn't trust anyone, feared authority, and rejected emotional intimacy for fear my vulnerability would be used against me later.  I also was more judgmental.  I never spoke about CEDU to anyone--how could a "civilian" understand the insidious ways it operates??  But it was always there.  

Fast forward to 6 months ago when I discovered this site on a strange impulse to look up CEDU. For the first time, all of my senses were validated, experiences and perspectives were shared, and I could really delve into it after so many years of putting it on the back burner.

In any event, while I have experienced many joys and sorrows isolated from CEDU and am an upright citizen--whatever the fuck that means--I came to a cross roads in my life around the time I hit this forum and decided to pursue this part of my past and see what I could do about it.  I am a grad student of education and would like to help kids like me.  But this forum has opened my eyes to the industry as a whole and has been quite educational. I hope parents will read these sites and think again.

I also hope to learn about real opportunities for special kids. (Note to SOS--Please post the story of the good school you attended!!)

Sorry for the long post.
hanlea

Offline manchester

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »
Wow. Thank you for your post, Shanlea. I, too, was there - rather briefly. I worked there and quickly saw things I was uncomfortable with. I left. And here I am with a visceral response to even the name, CEDU. So I wonder... how must it be for the kids? I can't imagine.

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2004, 08:49:00 AM »
I mirror Shanlea's experience in not really outwardly dwelling on the CEDU subject. For me it was because the program did/does have a very long lasting effect on how I function in the world. I knew it was super powerful and something that I really could not share with anyone including therapists I started seeing a few years ago. Now that I have found this site, because I was recently diagnosed with PTSD due to my personal experience in going through the program, I have had access to other opinions and also to some sumpathetic voices. Here at Fornits I found that I was not alone. Even though I haven't been able to get together with any of you, I know that sharing here is helping me even as it shakes up so much emotion at the same time. I NEED to purge this feeling of total betrayel I feel. I do need the postings of people who say they still feel these bizarre shifts go on inside of them -just by a shift in cocioussness. Sometimes music brings it on, but just as often it's something like seeing a bird fly, or smelling shitty coffee, or anything brought to the forefront of ones memory by concrete stimulii, but if you really went through it all the way it was meant to contain ALL of you. Messages are constantly swimming around and preventing you from "getting over it". The program/game still runs in your head and tells you all the bad things in your life are true.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline vvigil

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2004, 09:04:00 AM »
I don't think anyone really sits and ruminates about cedu- if they do, perhaps they are in need of some counseling to help them get over their experience. There is a need, though, to talk to people who have had a similar experience.

I was just reminded, while reading these posts, of something I discovered while in my deprogramming process- I had begun to identify with my captor- Patty Hearst Syndrome. Anyone look into that more in depth? Really interesting and it explains the method many of us attempted to use (unconsciously of course) to get through the school. Actually, it is kind of scary.

Offline blownawaytheidahoway

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2004, 09:22:00 AM »
I'm afraid to open that can of worms but I guess it's inevitable. Tell us about it. Were they Captors though? Kind of. God, it's scary.
Life is a very wonderful thing.\' said Dr. Branom... \'The processes of life, the make- up of the human organism, who can fully understand these miracles?... What is happening to you now is what should happen to any normal healthy human organism...You are being made sane, you are being made healthy.
     \'That I will not have, \' I said, \'nor can understand at all. What you\'ve been doing is to make me feel very very ill.\'
                         -Anthony Burgess
                      A Clockwork Orange

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2004, 08:38:00 PM »
hey to all of you pretentious fucks out there, brandi DID quit and I CAN explain why...

she quit because she needed to cut her losses. cedu is going down hill fast, and nobody can stop it. there are an overwhelmingly large amount of incredibly young kids there, and it is losing it grip on all of the students. besides, WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO WORK THERE ANYWAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #12 on: October 12, 2004, 09:13:00 PM »
Oh... Hi, Brandi. Are you still the same pretentious asshole you always were?

Offline Ottawa 5

• View Profile
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #13 on: October 12, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »
All of you - be aware that Brandi, Queen of CEDU Middle School, is my minion. Brandi SAVED many youngsters from their own thoughts and feelings! BRAANDIIII has the kind of class that none of you have! She saved lives by sparing young kids from RATIONAL THOUGHT! She showed them how they were ALL manipulating ALL the TIME! Shame, shame on you! You will all burn in HELL for criticizing Princess BRAANDIIIIIII!!!
ll bow down and worship me. I am she who is all knowing. You are all low and worthless as compared with ME. I am she who extolls the glorious workings of CEDU. Bow down and worship almighty ME. Submit to my WILL!

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
BRANDI ELLIOTT FIRED!!!!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »
On 2004-10-12 17:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"hey to all of you pretentious fucks out there, brandi DID quit and I CAN explain why...

she quit because she needed to cut her losses. cedu is going down hill fast, and nobody can stop it. there are an overwhelmingly large amount of incredibly young kids there, and it is losing it grip on all of the students. besides, WHO THE FUCK WANTS TO WORK THERE ANYWAY?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

she quit because she's losing?  damn, when i'm losing, i usually try to change my approach rather than give up.  yet another fundamental difference between myself and brandi (should that claim have any sort of validity.)
i think it's sad that all those young kids are there; i was one of them (at a time when most of the kids were older... )  sure, these kids have problems, but i highly doubt they require such a dramatic response as being sent to cedu for an extensive period.

laura solomon[ This Message was edited by: mikehunt on 2004-10-13 12:39 ]
aura solomon