Author Topic: How many programs out there that are not  (Read 2579 times)

Offline PFRR

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfrr.org
How many programs out there that are not
« on: September 15, 2004, 06:00:00 PM »
Associated with Casa and are out of the Country?  What are their names and where are they?  Also the same with the boot camps...

Does anyone know..  ? :question:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2004, 07:04:00 PM »
Non-WWASP programs, in the US? here must be thousands of them.

And, just because it's not WWASP, doesn't mean it's not abusive. There are many hell holes out there, and too many people in this industry.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2004, 08:07:00 PM »
You've got your work cut out for you, PFRR. One name that's been discussed here for some time is Abundant Life Accademy. I've read somewhere that it's changed location within Mx again recently and that they've set up a location in the Chzeck Republic. I suppose you could go trolling through the edcon websites asking about offshore programs to get some more names. But your list will never be complete or accurate. When these places start to draw fire, they change names, locations and shuffle ownership papers to obfuscate.

Being sleepy can impair someone's ability to do thier job.  People
can sleep at home and come to the job with sleepiness still in their system. The sleepiness can still be there long after the employee has slept. When someone is found to be sleepy on the job, they can claim that they went to sleep the night before.  The only solution to this problem is to ban employees from sleeping.

--Arthur Slabosky

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2004, 08:09:00 PM »
Positive Impact is another
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... m=9&Sort=D

If you want a voluntary urine sample from me it'll have to be a taste test.
--Bumper Sticker

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2004, 08:35:00 PM »
There are about 200 facilities in Utah alone.  The supervisor of licensing of facilities did not even know how many there were. When I spoke to him he said there were about 60....

For something that has spread with all the forethought of kudzu, the Internet isn't half bad."
-- Newsweek, 2/27/95

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline PFRR

• View Profile
    • http://www.pfrr.org
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 10:35:00 PM »
What we are finding out just with the US programs is there is no regulatory standard across the Country.  Here in MA they must license with the Office of Child Care Services or can't do business, the standards are okay, better and higher than most states, then if they take special education students must be approved by DOE as a private special education school and the standards there are also high much higher than 6 years ago.  But across the country all programs, placements, and oversight is different, enough to make someone dizzy.  We were involved with DeSisto I admit that I wrote the initial letter of complaint to the state because they were operating and were not licensed.  After being taken to court they were ordered to license, still didn't meet the standards although I thought they were on their way, had a major major incident the one that topped the cake, packed up the kids, closed down shop, and went to Mexico on some property they had there.  They are still their also, and really I tried to find out about oversight in these horrific places out side of the country to no avail.  There isn't any.  What parent would send their child out of the country with no standards to be met, no way for recourse if something goes wrong.  I just don't get it....
 :scared:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 04:19:00 PM »
On 2004-09-15 19:35:00, PFRR wrote:

There isn't any. What parent would send their child out of the country with no standards to be met, no way for recourse if something goes wrong. I just don't get it....

Total suckers; the kind of people who buy weightloss pills advertised on latenight tv.

Were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'> Thomas Jefferson, 1787

Offline hurleygurley

• View Profile
    • http://www.thetroublingtroubledteenindustry.org
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2004, 05:40:00 PM »
How did you come up with the number 200? Not that I doubt you just want to know source for article.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2004, 07:57:00 PM »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline hurleygurley

• View Profile
    • http://www.thetroublingtroubledteenindustry.org
« Reply #9 on: November 07, 2004, 03:25:00 PM »
thanks. won't forget to include wilderness programs.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2004, 03:42:00 PM »
Beats me I don't get it at all.

Offline granny19

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2004, 12:05:00 PM »
Is there anyone out there who knows how to find out where a child has been sent. P.I.'s, hackers, spies, etc?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2004, 03:32:00 PM »
if the child has been sent by a government agency as a juvenile offender, contact the state that sent them.  otherwise each program has a roster of all the kids there and you can ask the state to check each one to see if the kid is there.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2004, 03:43:00 PM »
Ask the parents??

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »
On 2004-11-08 09:05:00, granny19 wrote:

"Is there anyone out there who knows how to find out where a child has been sent. P.I.'s, hackers, spies, etc?   "

Have a PI or a friend meet one of the parents "coincidentally" and pose as a parent of a troubled teen: start bitching, as if venting, about all the trouble she's having with her kid.  Try to get troubles that are sort of similar but not suspiciously the same as the teen you're trying to find.  Have your actor/actress just play it out, being open to possible solutions or advice.

Most places give parents kickbacks for referrals.  If your actress is any good, the parent should jump at the chance of getting that referral break on tuition.  Pick the dumber parent to run into.  You may want to do this with a professional PI, because the PI has probably already honed his/her acting skills and is probably not a total idjit--it's up to you to hire one that's not stupid, anyway.

Your targeted parent makes the referral, the PI is  polite and thankful and is going to look into it, and gets their information to put on the referral form, and suddenly you know *exactly* where your target kid is.

You've got your information, and without breaking any laws, as long as you aren't already under a restraining order for harrassment or something.

Since the dumber parent freely offers the information to someone he/she barely knows, there's no invasion of privacy issue.  If the parents have never warned you to stop contacting them or done anything to trigger harrassment law provisions, you're clear on that, too.

Disclaimer: I am not a lawyer.  This is not specific legal advice.  If you feel you may need legal advice, contact an attorney in your area.  Some private investigators may be too lousy to pull this off.  There may be some local law where you are that makes this illegal.

But in my layman's understanding of the law, you can (or your PI can) lie to someone in a casual conversation to get information from them without breaking any laws.

If you do this right, and you don't tell anyone you're going to do it or that you've done it, and you pay the PI cash and meet him/her in person instead of discussing the case over a phone or where you might be overheard, nobody but you and the PI ever needs to know you did it.

As far as the parents are concerned, they gave some helpful advice to a fellow troubled parent who just never followed up on it.