Author Topic: CASA CLOSING  (Read 15165 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2004, 12:53:00 PM »
From a previous post - "At Casa by the Sea, four residents showed signs of physical and  emotional mistreatment, including one from El Salvador, the Mexican immigration statement said."

Out of the 450 + students wouldn't they have to say they saw signs of physical/emotional mistreatment in at least one kid to validate the closing? Why wouldn't all of them show those signs?  What signs?  Were there a mere 4 kids that told them they were being abused or what?  Anyone know?  Did the Mexican government even take the time to talk to the kids and parents prior to the closing?  Not from what I've heard.

From the newspaper reports, the kids and parents they did interview after the closing said they never saw or heard of abuse except from a few that "wanted to go home."  They were given every opportunity to cry abuse without fear of repercussion and they didn't. Why is that?
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2004, 01:29:00 PM »
On 2004-09-12 09:53:00, Anonymous wrote:

"They were given every opportunity to cry abuse without fear of repercussion and they didn't."

No, they weren't given that opportunity. All those who were interviewed were positive about the program because WWASP can't risk letting those who are not brainwashed enough talk to the press. These kids are still under the control of the staff. Most of them will be trasnferred to other facilities.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2004, 01:33:00 PM »
So what you're saying is that the reporters were brought students and parents that were hand picked and told what to say?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »
On 2004-09-12 10:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"So what you're saying is that the reporters were brought students and parents that were hand picked and told what to say?   "

Yes. That's nothing new. WWASP always does that. They do their best to silence and prevent any criticism.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2004, 01:37:00 PM »
And, how do you know they didn't have that opportunity?  Were you there?  I wasn't, but with all the activity going on outside the school, it just doesn't wash that they had staff running interference. Wouldn't a reporter have seen that kind of interference going on and reported that too? My guess is that the staff had their hands full inside the building.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2004, 03:39:00 PM »
Press is not allowed anywere near lower level "students".
Lower level's aren't even allowed to speak with their parents much less Press.
Parents Are hand picked and coached.
Press was evicted from the hotel; told to leave; and have not been allowed free access to the students.
If allz well and everything is just hunky-dorry, Open the doors and let the kids walk around and speak with whom ever they choose. Why Not?
Got them all held in a conferance room, is what I hear. Won't let anyone near them, is what I hear.
Why is that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2004, 03:41:00 PM »
doesn't CA have a 14 yr. old law pertaining to this kids & their rights...at 14 they should be able to express their own thoughts?

Offline spots

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »
On 2004-09-12 10:37:00, Anonymous wrote:

"And, how do you know they didn't have that opportunity?  Were you there?  I wasn't, but with all the activity going on outside the school, it just doesn't wash that they had staff running interference. Wouldn't a reporter have seen that kind of interference going on and reported that too? My guess is that the staff had their hands full inside the building.  "

You were not there and neither was I.  I however do have vast experience with WWASPS' convoluted view of what they want the world (and the US Department of State) to see.  Certainly they had staff running interference.  That is the primary goal of WWASPS, to keep the "outside" from knowing what is going on "inside".  Chaos is never that endemic that staff will let a reporter roam, even if one asked what was going on inside.  Duhhh.  

If you look at the actual online article in the San Diego Union-Tribune (which was the first breaking story I saw), you will see it illustrated with a photo of the famous wood stockade gates at Casa (with the "prettier" little hotel lobby-type office that WWASPS uses in their advertising peeking through in the little crack of the opened gate).  There are police visible on the street side, and the small opening in the gates themselves is filled with a Mexican man and his "diablo"...the hand-cart moving things in and out.  The photographer was obviously trying to get into the facility, and was obviously kept at arm's length outside the gates.

Do you wonder where these reporters are getting their statements from?  Could it be the carefully-presented parents wondering "How can this be happening, when my child has done improved so much in the 2 and a half years she has been there?"  How does a reporter know who to talk to, unless they are standing outside the gates looking for involved parties...OR, WWASPS has given them phone numbers, etc. for local contacts.  How would a San Jose Mercury-News reporter know the name and location of a family in Sunnyvale who is ecstatic about their child's "progress".  Certainly the rest of the world knows that, outside of the secret WWASPS BBS, knowing the identity of a WWASPS parent of location of a former WWASPS student is nearly impossible.  

Sunshine, folks...we need sunshine.  Call up these papers and tell your stories.  The reporters WANT to hear all, but they are only being given one side and they don't even know it.

Offline Devlin

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2004, 05:49:00 PM »
lets all write to local colleges and anyone else we know in the San Diego area and tell them the where abouts of all the kids removed from Mexico and what is going on at the Town and Country Motel. Lets see how the motel likes this. Maybee get everyone there protesting.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2004, 06:05:00 PM »
Here's the deal and a big red flag for me.

IF WWASP is operating above board- no abuse, effective therapy, etc; why aren't they inviting media and film makers to make documentaries?
Seems they'd want to share their secret recipe for transforming teens.

Fact is, pepper spray, OP, restraint, unreasonable and irrational rules are not considered acceptable by the masses, not even in POW camps. Do they really want the world to see kids walking around with their heads down, being punished for looking at someone else or in the mirror, being without basic necessities, lying face down in OP for days/weeks on end, having their arms twisted behind their backs, or any of the other alleged abuses?

If they are on the up and up, let the cameras in. And not for a 2 hour tour.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2004, 06:24:00 PM »
deb...less we forget...these kids aren't "fully-baked" so to speak.  so YOU can't remove them JUST yet...according to the "behavioral mod" dudes.

Offline Devlin

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #26 on: September 12, 2004, 06:25:00 PM »
Lets all write to local colleges http://forums.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh ... adid=56574 link to the local GREEK LIFE BOARDS http://sdcommunities.net/YouthConnect.a ... Code=92182 Local Youth Message boards
http://sdcommunities.net/community.aspx?ZipCode=92182 San Diego area communities link
http://www.authenticrock.com/aboutus.htm the local radio station,

ACLU of San Diego & Imperial Counties
P.O. Box 87131
San Diego, CA 92138-7131
PHONE: 619-232-2121
http://aclusandiego.org/index.html

or anyone else we know in the San Diego area who will listen and tell them the where-abouts of all the kids removed from Mexico and what is going on at the Town and Country Motel Phone: 619-291-7131 address: 500 Hotel cir N. San Diego CA.

Lets see how the motel likes this. Maybe get everyone protesting at the motel? Also keep calling local law enforcement personnel http://www.sandiego.gov/police/

DHS 1-800-527-3223 and anyone else who will listen and the motel where they are keeping the kids 619-291-7131 and telling them as long as they are harboring and protecting child abusers they will be no longer have your business and you will tell your friends not to go there either

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2004, 02:53:00 PM »
i live within a mile of that hotel and i just called. it appears they have been moved. unless wwasp is up to its old tricks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
CASA CLOSING
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2004, 04:12:00 PM »
American Legion
8118 University Ave
La Mesa, California 91941
Phone: (619) 469-6064