Author Topic: Drug List-- Before and After Straight  (Read 8442 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Drug List-- Before and After Straight
« Reply #45 on: November 08, 2005, 04:10:00 PM »
Ha ha, aspirin was on my drug list from before Straight, which is totally inappropriate, as that was a self-harm suicide type of thing. Here's our suicidal kid, how about we drop her off here to get knocked around some. Ah, the good old days of child abuse.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Kermit the Frog

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 10, 2005, 10:33:00 PM »
It isn't easy being green.
t isn\'t easy being green.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 10, 2005, 10:47:00 PM »
On 2005-11-10 19:23:00, Str8survivorVA wrote:

Beautiful son and loving husband I do not deserve.

"

No need to kick yourself around like that.  I'm sure if you "didn't deserve them", you wouldn't have them.  The fact that you have a beautiful son and a loving husband is an indication in and of itself that you are a person who is "good enough" to have or is "worthy" of them.

You have a right to be happy and to see yourself in a positive light.  The fact that you recognizre that what Straight did to you was wrong may anger or sadden you----this is actually kind of healthy, in my opinion, because it is indicative of a spark of self-esteem, real self-esteem, not the bullshit they called self-esteem in Straight.  Easier said than done, this stuff, but the fact that you are here now, getting some perspective on what happened, what was DONE TO YOU, (which in NO WAY WAS YOUR FAULT OR SOMETHING YOU DESERVED) shows that some part of your authenic self survived the indoctrination process.  That is strength.  Knowing this, "recovery" (top use a perfectly good word that's meaning has been hijacked by the Stepcult) from Straight IS POSSIBLE.  It can be done, through a number of methods, some which may be more appropriate or comfortable for you and your situation.  It may not be quick, and it may not be easy, but part of you survived that shit, and if you survived that, you can probably deal with most anything life will throw at you.  Good luck.

This is a really sad example of how Straight destroyed fragile teenage self-esteem, telling us we were undeserving of anything good or pleasant because somehow we were flawed, we were "druggies" and this gave them the right to treat us like shit.  Kinda flies in the face of their "disease" model of drug use, don't it? Name another "disease" that would warrant the treatment we received.  The whole house of Straight is built on a foundation of lies, it's time yoiu stopped believing them, particularly the ones they told you about yourself.

rtp2003

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 11, 2005, 12:50:00 AM »
No one NEEDS to hear shit.

Offline Nonconformistlaw

• View Profile
    • http://survivingstraightinc.com
« Reply #49 on: November 11, 2005, 12:59:00 AM »
I sure do.
quot;In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.\" George Orwell

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 11, 2005, 01:00:00 AM »
On 2005-11-10 21:41:00, Str8survivorVA wrote:

"Thank you, anon.  Your words mean mean more than you know.  I think, on some level, I am not the only one who needs to hear them.  This is why I am posting them on this form...Why are you anon?"

He's not anon.  He's RTP!   :wave:  You'll see some of his posts here.  Great guy, what he wrote makes perfect sense.  Glad it helped, some of those very same words have helped me too.

Not a place upon earth might be so happy as America. Her situation is remote from all the wrangling world, and she has nothing to do but to trade with them.
--Thomas Paine

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline MammaBird

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2005, 08:42:00 PM »
Before:
alcohol
aspirin
rubber cement

After:
alcohol
aspirin
rubber cement
pot
speed
LSD
opium
cocaine
mushrooms
morophine
a wide variety of pills

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 15, 2005, 08:04:00 AM »
On 2004-09-03 18:42:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Oh, to the contrary

I did have a problem.  Lousy attitude, skippin' school, sneaking out of the house overnight, lying, stealing, forging, failing school ... 28 shots of vodka one day when I skipped school.

If this is NORMAL behavior, I don't want to be normal.

I did not experience any abuse in the program, only direction, support and long-term friends I still have today.

I know I differ than most of you, but face it.  Not everyone experiences the same things.  Sorry you didn't have a better experience."

Trust me, you'll never get your point across here.  Yes, some people actaully did benefit from the program and did not experience or even see the abuses decribed here (not to say they didn't happen).  I'm with you.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 15, 2005, 09:41:00 AM »
I once saw a girl get her arm and nose broken in group by a violent restraint.  Simply because she stood up and refused to sit down.  

Ill tell you what though....every time I talk about it or relate the story, I experience crushing self doubt about 1)Was it real?  and 2)Was it abuse?.  That girl is dead now, so I cant ask her.

I think the reality is that it was simply impossible for any single one of us to honestly say we did not witness abuse.  Whether or not we can justify what we saw until it ceases to qualify to our minds as abusive, well thats something else entirely.

You can call that a good experience if you like.
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline starry-eyed pirate

• View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 15, 2005, 05:26:00 PM »
On 2005-11-10 22:00:00, Cayo Hueso wrote:

"

"Thank you, anon.  Your words mean mean more than you know.  I think, on some level, I am not the only one who needs to hear them.  This is why I am posting them on this form...Why are you anon?"

He's not anon.  He's RTP!   :smokin:  

wha's up ??  :skull:  :grin:  Peace.
If you would have justice in this world, then begin to see that a human being is not a means to some end.  People are not commodities.  When human beings are just to one another government becomes obsolete and real freedom is born; SPIRITUAL ANARCHY.

Offline Carmel

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 15, 2005, 05:38:00 PM »
:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:
...hands went up and people hit the floor, he wasted two kids that ran for the door....."
-Beastie Boys, Paul Revere

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
« Reply #56 on: November 15, 2005, 06:11:00 PM »
Pre-Straight
Pot
*Alcohol
Hash
*Uppers
Downers
Nitous Oxcide
PCP
LSD
Tye Stick
*Glue

Post-Straight
None.

*-Indicates drugs I believe I abused.
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #57 on: November 15, 2005, 06:45:00 PM »
On 2005-11-10 21:59:00, Nonconformistlaw wrote:

"I sure do."

Yeah, me too. Ya' know, until I got pregnant and my mother in law held a shotgun to my head, I refused to marry my husband. Not that I didn't love him or was planning on leaving, just the opposite. Every day that I woke up and he was still there was proof that he wanted to be. I was scared to give that up, or really rock the boat in any way. Seems silly now. Asif having kids is not about the most trying, disruptive thing you can do! LOL

It all worked out, though.

The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture
is torture. The object of power is power. Now do you begin
to understand me?

--O'Brien to Winston Smith

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 15, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »
On 2005-11-15 14:26:00, starry-eyed pirate wrote:

"

On 2005-11-10 22:00:00, Cayo Hueso wrote:

"

He's not anon.  He's RTP!   :smokin:  

wha's up ??  :skull:  :grin:  Peace."

beautiful!

ep

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 15, 2005, 08:07:00 PM »
On 2005-11-15 06:41:00, Carmel wrote:

"I once saw a girl get her arm and nose broken in group by a violent restraint.  Simply because she stood up and refused to sit down.  

Ill tell you what though....every time I talk about it or relate the story, I experience crushing self doubt about 1)Was it real?  and 2)Was it abuse?.  That girl is dead now, so I cant ask her.

I think the reality is that it was simply impossible for any single one of us to honestly say we did not witness abuse.  Whether or not we can justify what we saw until it ceases to qualify to our minds as abusive, well thats something else entirely.

You can call that a good experience if you like.
"

Thank you Carmel

ep