Author Topic: OLSEN TWIN IS AT FACILITY ACROSS FROM PROVO CANYON SCHOOL  (Read 5516 times)

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
OLSEN TWIN IS AT FACILITY ACROSS FROM PROVO CANYON SCHOOL
« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2004, 07:29:00 PM »
What we need is Michael Moore to take an interest in this effort. Perhaps he'd have time after the election!! He doesn't take too kindly to the abuse of kids, and he might get off on exposing how the government supports the industry and the rampant fraud perpetrated by the industry.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2004, 08:23:00 PM »
Unfortunately, Moore's well-deserved reputation as a bald-faced liar would work in the Programs' favor.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2004, 08:30:00 PM »
On 2004-07-04 11:06:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Higher Ground is shown on EWAM on satellite or digital cable.  Does is air anywhere else?

I personally know you all are fighting a losing "cause."  The State of Missouri has been using a similar model in the juvenile justice setting.  Many other States are looking seriously into adopting this for their juvenile offenders.   Behavior modification works for those that want it to.

I'm not a fan of 12 step, I'm an advocate of personal growth, whatever that looks in each program.  

Mary Kate is a troubled teen who happens to be of legal age and a celebrity.  Her father took her there - was it against her will?  Who cares, she's there in a life saving intervention. Because she is high profile, this will have a positive effect on these types of programs, as will the show Higher Ground.

All the garbage alleged against the Programs, especially the WWASPS programs which are the best out there, are now being replaced by positive stories and the backing of States like Missouri, therapists, celebrities, social workers, judges, parents and of course, the teens whose lives have taken on Higher Ground!  

:wink:

"

Confrontational therapeutic models are inappropriate in the absence of rigorous clinical studies supporting their safety and effectiveness for specific problems.

It is inappropriate to lock teens away in what amount to private prisons, against their will, for problems that are not severe enough to require residential treatment.

The Programs, including the WWASPS ones, do both of these things.

Mary Kate Olsen, being of legal age, is liable to get the higher quality residential care enjoyed by adults who have their own money and are free to leave if they aren't getting good care.

Timoclea

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2004, 09:02:00 PM »
I hear that you'd like to believe Moore is a bald-faced liar. You maybe in the minority.
http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.ph ... forum=32&0

In the next week or so, I will recount my adventures through the media this past month (I will also be posting a full FAQ on my website soon so that you can have all the necessary backup and evidence from the film when you find yourself in heated debate with your conservative brother-in-law!). For now, please know the following: Every single fact I state in "Fahrenheit 9/11" is the absolute and irrefutable truth. This movie is perhaps the most thoroughly researched and vetted documentary of our time. No fewer than a dozen people, including three teams of lawyers and the venerable one-time fact-checkers from The New Yorker went through this movie with a fine-tooth comb so that we can make this guarantee to you. Do not let anyone say this or that isn't true. If they say that, they are lying. Let them know that the OPINIONS in the film are mine, and anyone certainly has a right to disagree with them. And the questions I pose in the movie, based on these irrefutable facts, are also mine. And I have a right to ask them. And I will continue to ask them until they are answered.
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2004, 01:46:00 AM »
I hope that Mary Kate recovers from her addiction to Cocaine.  This facility is obviously for the well-healed at $26,000 per month.  It is annoying that the media who are waiting to catch a glimpse of Mary Kate, are too blind to look over their shoulder at the poor children at Provo Canyon School.  I wonder if they can hear their screams?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 05, 2004, 01:42:00 PM »
The children across from Mary Kate may be suffering more than you know at Provo Canyon School. It has a reputation as a facility of last resort - but families are never informed of this. Everyone, regardless of their diagnosis, addiction, or mental disease are all treated in the same manner.  All receive similar punitive "consequences" from breaking rules that are often made up as they go.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2004, 09:29:00 AM »
On 2004-07-04 18:02:00, Deborah wrote:

"I hear that you'd like to believe Moore is a bald-faced liar. You maybe in the minority.

http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.ph ... forum=32&0

In the next week or so, I will recount my adventures through the media this past month (I will also be posting a full FAQ on my website soon so that you can have all the necessary backup and evidence from the film when you find yourself in heated debate with your conservative brother-in-law!). For now, please know the following: Every single fact I state in "Fahrenheit 9/11" is the absolute and irrefutable truth. This movie is perhaps the most thoroughly researched and vetted documentary of our time. No fewer than a dozen people, including three teams of lawyers and the venerable one-time fact-checkers from The New Yorker went through this movie with a fine-tooth comb so that we can make this guarantee to you. Do not let anyone say this or that isn't true. If they say that, they are lying. Let them know that the OPINIONS in the film are mine, and anyone certainly has a right to disagree with them. And the questions I pose in the movie, based on these irrefutable facts, are also mine. And I have a right to ask them. And I will continue to ask them until they are answered.

"

When even CNN says he's lying, it's pretty bad.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2004, 10:35:00 AM »
CNN ? I wouldn't expect anything else from them.
Has it occured to you that if Moore were lying he'd be defending himself against slander suits.
Remain ignorant if you wish.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 09, 2004, 06:34:00 AM »
News update on the Olsen Twins - she is across the street from Provo Canyon School....

Mary-Kate and her fraternal twin sister, Ashley, have been stars since they first appeared on the TV show Full House as babies, sharing a role. They control a billion-dollar entertainment industry that includes direct-to-video films, home decorating, and clothing lines. In May, they released their second feature film, New York Minute, a box-office disappointment.

In recent months, rumors circulated that Mary-Kate Olsen was suffering from anorexia, and she did nothing to dispel them during her publicity rounds for New York Minute because she appeared frail and bony.

One health expert noted that celebrities are under extreme pressure to be thin.

Story brought to you by ScoutNews, LLC.

Mary-Kate Olsen, 18, who is battling an eating disorder, is being treated at Cirque Lodge in Orem, Utah, Us Weekly reports.

The facility specializes in the "effective treatment of individuals and families afflicted with the disease of alcoholism and other drug addictions," according to its official Web site.

When the news of Olsen's hospitalization broke last week, her longtime publicist, Michael Pagnotta, "categorically" denied to USA TODAY that drugs were involved.

In explaining why Olsen is at a facility that specializes in drug and alcohol abuse treatment, Pagnotta told Us : "It is a multi-treatment facility, which is perfectly capable of accommodating her needs. Mary-Kate has a team of people working with her, including a renowned psychologist in this field and a nutritionist."

He again emphasized to Us that "Mary-Kate Olsen is being treated for an eating-related disorder."

In its new issue, Us reports that Olsen's twin, Ashley, visited her sister at the facility, where they had a loving reunion. "They embraced," the twins' father, Dave Olsen, told the magazine. "Obviously Mary-Kate was very happy, and so was Ashley."

Dave Olsen tells Us Mary-Kate has had an eating disorder for two years.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2004, 11:36:00 AM »
On 2004-07-06 07:35:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

CNN ? I wouldn't expect anything else from them.

Has it occured to you that if Moore were lying he'd be defending himself against slander suits.

Remain ignorant if you wish."

Pub-lic Fig-ures.

Do you really think that everything you hear on TV and in the movies about everyone is absolutely true or the person saying it would be defending himself against slander suits?

You would be terribly naive if you did.

Your argument is specious.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2004, 01:13:00 PM »
I believe very little I hear on TV.

It's more like this:

Moore did excellent research and had excellent documentation. He exposed things the media did not cover. He strung together the facts in a comprehensive way to educate the public. Any statements he made were supported with public records.

Not to say that public records don't contain false information. I guess it boils down to who you choose to believe.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2004, 05:00:00 PM »
She is there and i thought that i saw her. I was staying at stewart point in provo and i thought i saw her doing her make-up. The place is so heavily gaurded, you cant even look in the up-stairs rooms with out them telling you to bug off.

Offline NivekOgre

• View Profile
    • http://www.skinnypuppy.com
« Reply #27 on: July 13, 2004, 12:42:00 PM »
The people running Provo Canyon are sick and should be shot. I have no idea how some of these places have stayed open. It shows how fucked up this society really is. So an eating disorder can be fatal? Does that give you an excuse to torture the person suffering? Would you beat up someone with cancer thinking it will cure them? Get a fucking clue. None of these people have any scientific basis for their "treatments". They are just sick bastards who really don't deserve to live.
o What

Offline cherish wisdom

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2004, 06:54:00 PM »
It looks like she is going to stay for two more weeks...

To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and the affection of children; to earn the appreciation of honest critics and endure the betrayal of false friends; to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others; to leave the world a little better; whether by a healthy child, a garden patch or a redeemed social condition; to know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is the meaning of success.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson

If you lack wisdom ask of God and it shall be given to you.\"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2004, 03:38:00 AM »
what are you talking about? abuse in rehab at cirque? i don't think so. they treat you like kings there. I loved it.