Author Topic: Filmed in in the parking lot of  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
Filmed in in the parking lot of
« on: June 06, 2004, 08:30:00 AM »
the capitol center  in Largo, Md  before a Judas Priest Concert in 1986 ....For you ex little stoner bastards...I bring you "Heavy Metal Parking Lot " the 15 minute  cult classic documentary..
 ENjoy its great for a laugh

http://www.planetkrulik.com/hmpl.htm

http://www.leisuresuit.net/Webzine/arti ... glot.shtml

Lechery is life
Godlessness is life
Purgatory magnified
In fire baptized[ This Message was edited by: Scarstruck on 2004-06-06 05:36 ][ This Message was edited by: Scarstruck on 2004-06-07 07:26 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
b] KATHY DAVID IS A CHILD MOLESTOR[/b]
\"You knew I was a snake when you picked me up\" ~S.S

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 05:06:00 AM »
/quote *************

The Deliverance Air Guitarist

A bunch of guys hanging out by a van. A skanky metal chick in leopard-skin blouse and mirror shades. The interviewer asks if anyone there plays air guitar. Some jokes, hemming and hawing, then John Holtman is called forward.

The camera focuses on his face . . . and John Holtman looks like that kid playing banjo on the porch in Deliverance all grown up. Abnormally large head. Red hair, wispy beard, pug-nosed. His beer belly hangs over the belt of his camouflage pants. He clutches a bottle containing some orange juice/screwdriver concoction. It?s like the scene in Pulp Fiction where we see the leather freak crawling out of its hiding place.

Holtman goes over to the metal skank, proclaims he?s going to play air guitar on her and tries to grope her while tunelessly bawling out, ?Mow, mow, get around, I get around? in imitation of the Beach Boys song, while this woman tries hard not to vomit on him. I wouldn?t be surprised if his picture is now hanging in post offices all over America, assuming they could ID him before he slipped back into the smoky hills of Appalachia.
/QUOTE  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2004, 08:41:00 PM »
I have now watched it three times. I am utterly fascinated. It is like watching a time capsule.

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2004, 07:44:00 AM »
Isnt it though? It has special meaning for me as it was my 1st concert. (No I wasnt at the Capitol center show in Largo...but same tour in Tx a month later)
 I was 12 years old and the concert blew me away..I even remember they opened with the song "Out in the cold" and played an extended set due to the opening act cancelling.
 So Judas Priest played for almost 4 hours...it was fucking amazing. And no I dont give a shit about Rob Halford or any of that..Im speaking strictly of hearing Judas Priest live in an arena is an amazing powerful thing...they were/are truely a badass fucking classic band.

I have watched it serveral times too..theres another 15 minutes of footage called "Heavy metal parking lot the lost footage" if you wanna do a google search on it.

I couldnt put my finger on what the appeal was for me...But I guess it reminds me of the greatest time in my life..Being young..it was within that year and the next I smoked my 1st joint...probably made out with my first girl..discovered alcohol.. (2 years later almost to the day  I ended up in Straight) Prolly because I was starting to act somewhat like the idiots in the documentary..

Ahh youth.

Graham....like gram of dope n shit..[ This Message was edited by: Scarstruck on 2004-06-09 04:46 ]

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2004, 07:49:00 AM »
Speaking of Judas Priest they are touring Ozzfest this summer ...as the origional band..along with Sabbath and Slayer..Not missing this one as they are playing in Dallas ( a very very short drive)

http://www.ozzfest.com/bands.html

Graham....like gram of dope n shit..[ This Message was edited by: Scarstruck on 2004-06-09 04:49 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2004, 09:35:00 AM »
I grew up in the 70s. When this film was shot I was married with a two year old son. These guys were the last bastion of the era I grew up in, a hold out from the 70s if you will. The 70s died when they grew up.

And I was one of them  and remember the feeling, the vibe of the whole thing. Being a complete "freak" as we called them in the 70s, the lingo, being all fucked up and loose with drugs, the hair, the old beat up cars. The skinny kid singing off key along all fucked up convinced he was a good as a rock star. Shit, rarely has a film captured this stuff but instead usually parodies it. These guys nailed it down hard.

Also, the undercurrent of despair, of being lost, of not being sure you should be doing what you are doing. The beauty in this little short is in what is not said but how you feel while you watch it. And the second time is the charm. The first time you watch it you don't really get it.[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-06-09 06:38 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 02:52:00 PM »
the lost footage was buried right in the same website you linked us to.

http://www.planetkrulik.com/lostmetal.htm

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 03:38:00 PM »
I remember that concert in Odessa.  Dokken cancelled; the singer had sucked too much cock or something with his throat was bad.

Arial, a local band opened up for JP.  The singer, Angel moved to Dallas and played in a band with a guy named Phil Ensemble.  Their band broke up.  Angelo moved to Wichita Falls to attend Midwestern University.  Phil went on to sing for a band called Pantera, which also broke up after some nice years.  Phil now sings for Superjoint Ritual and Angelo is back in Midland working on a new band.  He offered me a guitar position and I declined.  Personaly I prefer the punk genre, but those rocker guys are some cool people.

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 04:06:00 PM »
Yep thats the one...and that band Ariel sucked ass..and its Phil Anselmo...but I know you always hated Pantera so I wouldnt expect youd know that.

Graham....like gram of dope n shit..[ This Message was edited by: Scarstruck on 2004-06-09 13:08 ][ This Message was edited by: Scarstruck on 2004-06-09 13:09 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 04:49:00 PM »
I like Pantera and a lot of rocker people.  I hated the mentality of a lot of their fans.  Punk, metal, and rap are somewhat united in my eyes.  But the beleifs/lifestyles are different enough to annoy each other.  
Did ya get the mail I sent ya?

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2004, 11:05:00 AM »
Yes I did thanks...Didnt understand whos wedding invte that was? Was that the italian dude that used to come to the hosthomes and give the boys backrubs?

How fucking odd is that ???

Offline Scarstruck

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2004, 02:44:00 AM »
/bump