Author Topic: 66.49.156.32 new website.  (Read 14700 times)

Offline Fuck You Sembler & Ec

• View Profile
66.49.156.32 new website.
« on: May 25, 2004, 09:20:00 PM »
Go here:

http://66.49.156.32

In a couple of days this site name will become:

http://www.boycottsembler.com

more will be added maybe if we get some more information.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2004, 12:36:00 AM »
Don't forget

http://melsembler.com

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2004, 02:43:00 AM »
Although best known as a leading shopping center developer, Sembler is also renowned for his activism in the anti-drug movement. In 1976, Sembler and his wife Betty founded STRAIGHT, an adolescent drug treatment program. During its 17 years of existence, STRAIGHT successfully graduated more than 12,000 young people nationwide from its remarkable program.

Sembler served as Finance Chairman for .....

Holy shit he actually puts it on his resume?!
Entire, complete serenity
Injected intravenously
Transgression euphoric bliss divine
Initiate a timeless stain of mind
Blood will steralize, In fire baptised

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2004, 02:44:00 AM »
Oh and your name sucks...its too long and makes the entire page lopsided
Injected intravenously

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »
On 2004-05-25 23:43:00, Triumvirate wrote:

"

Although best known as a leading shopping center developer, Sembler is also renowned for his activism in the anti-drug movement. In 1976, Sembler and his wife Betty founded STRAIGHT, an adolescent drug treatment program. During its 17 years of existence, STRAIGHT successfully graduated more than 12,000 young people nationwide from its remarkable program.

"

Is this news new to you Therion?

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2004, 12:35:00 PM »

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2004, 01:44:00 PM »
Ya' know, FU, if you want to you can edit your handle by putting spaces between words. Long as you log in the same way it should work. Personally, I like the name.

The right to do something does not mean that doing it is right.
--William Safire

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2004, 01:45:00 PM »
On 2004-05-26 09:35:00, kpickle39 wrote:

"HaHa - this is beautiful.  The more sembler sites, the better.  Keep it up folks.  This is wonderful.  Let's ruin the mofo."

I concur.
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Triumvirate

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2004, 02:07:00 PM »
On 2004-05-26 08:38:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2004-05-25 23:43:00, Triumvirate wrote:

"

"

Is this news new to you Therion?"

Yes it is..I have never cared about Melvin enough to read his resume..
Injected intravenously

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2004, 03:23:00 PM »
?MOLESTATIONS AND RAPISTS??"

What is with the bolded Ms, and the ALL CAPS?

How is this helping? It's completely misleading, and obviously written from a strong biased perspective. We were not all molested and raped! When will someone just report the abuse instead of stretch the truth for dramatic purposes? It just makes it all read like propaganda.

Wes?s site, http://www.thestraights.com is the same way. Written with an incredibly biased tone. I?ve had more people comment on the poor quality of the website?s impression on them, and the chaotic structure of information given, then say anything about the reason for giving the information to them in the first place.  

Are we ever going to be able to shed light on this subject in a credible way? Report the facts, or nothing at all! Opinions don?t belong in this war against Sembler and Co. The truth does.

Offline Fuck You Sembler & Ec

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2004, 05:23:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: Fuck You Sembler & Eckerd & Loebenberg on 2004-05-27 17:33 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2004, 10:09:00 PM »
"Bad names have played a tremendously powerful role in the history of the world and in our own individual development. They have ruined reputations, stirred men and women to outstanding accomplishments, sent others to prison cells, and made men mad enough to enter battle and slaughter their fellowmen. They have been and are applied to other people, groups, gangs, tribes, colleges, political parties, neighborhoods, states, sections of the country, nations, and races." (Institute for Propaganda Analysis, 1938)

The name-calling technique links a person, or idea, to a negative symbol. The propagandist who uses this technique hopes that the audience will reject the person or the idea on the basis of the negative symbol, instead of looking at the available evidence.

The most obvious type of name-calling involves bad names. For example, consider the following:

Commie
Fascist
Pig
Yuppie
Bum
Queer
Terrorist
Or in this case, Rapist-Molester

A more subtle form of name-calling involves words or phrases that are selected because they possess a negative emotional charge. Those who oppose budget cuts may characterize fiscally conservative politicians as "stingy." Supporters might prefer to describe them as "thrifty." Both words refer to the same behavior, but they have very different connotations. Other examples of negatively charged words include:

social engineering
radical
cowardly
counter-culture

The Institute first identified the name-calling technique for Propaganda Analysis (IPA) in 1938. According to the IPA, we should ask ourselves the following questions when we spot an example of name-calling.

What does the name mean?

Does the idea in question have a legitimate connection with the real meaning of the name?
Is an idea that serves my best interests being dismissed through giving it a name I don't like?
Leaving the name out of consideration, what are the merits of the idea itself?

(In this case it looks like the manipulation of a metaphor.)

Logic is the process of drawing a conclusion from one or more premises. A statement of fact, by itself, is neither logical nor illogical (although it can be true or false).

As an example of how logic can be abused, consider the following argument, which has been widely propagated on the Internet.

Premise 1: Hillary Clinton supports gun-control legislation.
Premise 2: All fascist regimes of the twentieth century have passed gun-control legislation.
Conclusion: Hillary Clinton is a fascist.

One way of testing the logic of an argument like this is to translate the basic terms and see if the conclusion still makes sense. As you can see, the premises may be correct, but the conclusion does not necessarily follow.

Premise 1: All Christians believe in God.
Premise 2: All Muslims believe in God.
Conclusion: All Christians are Muslims.

This is a rather extreme example of how logic can be abused. It should be noted that a message can be illogical without being propagandistic -- we all make logical mistakes. The difference is that propagandists deliberately manipulate logic in order to promote their cause, and this harms their credibility.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2004, 11:01:00 PM »
On 2004-05-25 21:09:00, GregFL wrote:

"Well, thanks for the post, whoever you are. I have a couple issues with your post even tho they are off topic in this forum.

while your underlying sentiment may be pure, your are loose with the facts. First, 500,000 kids did not go thru Straight, Inc...more like 30,000, maybe less. Second, you are OVERSTATING the abuse endured by Straight Kids, which weakens your credibility. Third, you are calling these people child rapists when in fact, this is hardly true in the literal sense of the word which is the implication of your website. Fourth, you proclaim kids were molested every day in straight which suggests massive sexual abuse when in fact only isolated incidences of this were alleged. Fifth, calling straight a "holocaust" causes others to view you as a wacko. It was not. I suggest you look the term up in the dictionary.

If you mean to suggest Straight was an abusive institution, you have instead come across as a person with an axe to grind that isn't grounded in reality.

I suggest you rework your website taking into carefull consideration accuracy and integrity, then understate your position instead of claiming things that no one will believe and that are lacking in any credibility.

Huh, looks like Greg and I agree.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2004, 11:47:00 PM »
it is not the intent of the website that I have a problem with, it is the reactionary tone and inacuracy of the statements made in the website.

Prisoner of war reparations?  Child Rapists? Daily molestations of 500,000 kids?

Mel Sembler is not the Devil and he was not invented by Straight Inc. In fact he was a very wealthy highly respected local businessman prior to his involvement with Straight. His involvement also was on a business level; expansion, funding, etc. He did his job well.. too well in fact, much more so than the predecessor ever did. However, He DID NOT invent the techniques used in The Straight. Fuck, he didn't even know what was going on; instead the techniques were lifted by a handfull of Seedlings and Mrs. Peterman from the Seed. News Flash... Straight, inc. wasn't even his idea and he didn't even form the initial board of directors. It was done by a local dentist that had a kid in the Seed.

I understand feeling fucked over by Straight. I understand trying to call attention to those that still boast about their involvement. I further understand that Mel Sembler is still involved heavily in the government and the drug war at large. For these reasons, attention should be shined in his direction and the truth should be known.

THE TRUTH should be known not a fabricated version of same. Straight was NOT a Holocaust for goodness sake, it was a drug rehab that used mind control and intimidation techniques. It was abusive, not molestive.It was wrong and it caused many people harm, mostly mental anquish.

Mel Sembler is not a child rapist and it is unfair to call him one. Mel Sembler is not a child Molester, Mel Sembler is not "Wanted" and a miriad of other inacurracies posted on that website.

What harm do these inacurracies cause one may ask? One might even argue that any attention in his direction is good. I respectfully disagree.

Those that fight a uphill battle for public recognition of a wrong that is deeply entrenched in our culture must do so from a position of impeccable integrity. When one spews inacurracies and accusations that are easily dismissed as lies and fabrications the entire subject matter loses crediblity and it causes irrepable harm to the credibility of the cause and reverses progress made.

That website, while perhaps well intended, is poisonous to the cause of educating the public on the wrongs of Straight, Inc. and of Mel Sembler.  And whoever you are, and I suspect you are a friend of mine, please accept this as constructive criticism and not lashing out.

[ This Message was edited by: GregFL on 2004-05-27 12:09 ]

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2004, 01:15:00 AM »
Lies and fabrications discredit each and every one of your stories and experiences. They destroy opportunities to illuminate the truth and cause each of us harm in the future. The do not assist in preventing this abuse from reoccuring over and over again.

Why we all continue to find something to fight about is beyond me. If each of us put as much effort toward putting the truth out there each and every day, maybe others wouldn't feel so desperate to bash Sembler and others with such great rage. This is exactly what they are banking on. That we will all fight against ourselves rather than banding together against them. That we will lash out in rage with false accusations strewn across the web about rape and child molestation. What about the few cases that did occur. This does nothing but discredit those true abuses.

Stop fighting and do something constructive.