Author Topic: Running Springs  (Read 3217 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« on: April 26, 2004, 11:55:00 AM »
Anybody here from Running Springs? I was there as a therapist in the '90s. It was hell. I never was a CEDU staff. Some of them seemed decent, but they tended to leave. Only the truly ignorant and abusive were promoted.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2004, 02:40:00 AM »
I was a "graduate" of CEDU in 1993. Were you there during that time? I would like to get in touch with more people that are still sifting through this chapter.
Also,  I am doing a paper at UC Berkeley on the processes of control that CEDU used. (I actually found this site by doing a search for the "Truth Propheet"). If you are willing to talk to me about this too, i would really like a staff insight.
Thanks.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2004, 03:37:00 AM »
Hi, I worked there after you had left. It was a horrible experience for me and I was glad to leave.

What kind of class is it that you are doing the paper for? You can email me at [email protected]

"Nancy"

On 2004-04-26 23:40:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I was a "graduate" of CEDU in 1993. Were you there during that time? I would like to get in touch with more people that are still sifting through this chapter.

Also,  I am doing a paper at UC Berkeley on the processes of control that CEDU used. (I actually found this site by doing a search for the "Truth Propheet"). If you are willing to talk to me about this too, i would really like a staff insight.

Thanks. "

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2004, 03:56:00 AM »
I was in running springs from 97-99. were you there then?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2004, 03:57:00 AM »
Write to me at [email protected] :smile:

On 2004-04-27 00:56:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I was in running springs from 97-99. were you there then?"

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2004, 11:42:00 AM »
I have studied cult methods in general for 25 years now, and was connected with cedu indirectly for about 18 of these years and worked for them for three more as a therapist. Much reading and informal research was condicted on this program during that time and it includes direst experience from the inside and outside of the program in about 4 differenr schools including thousands of pages of documentation and manuals. I would be intersted in helping you, but I do not put myself at risk of bring set up by them.

I many of the posts that provide e mail adressed to contact are intended to entrap unwitting anti boarding school professionals. Thatv is why I do notbrespond to them. I would be willing to speak to you with valid and reliable evidence that you are truely a legitimate researcher with respect to research and journalistic ethics. You would have to obtain and sign legal materials.

Otherwise, if you wish to experience CEDU directly I would read The Book "Scientology Ethics" by L Ron Hubbard, attend Life Spring basic and Advanced Workshops (you will like the basic, as it is the hook), The Advanced is dangerous and is identical to the Summitt Workshop at CEDU. Read the book "Snapping." And Contact project no-spank. Please report your findings to this post and others.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2004, 01:34:00 AM »
To the person who studied cults and any other interested parties,

I understand your reservations. I did experience CEDU- the enitre program (took a long time to reccover from all the abuse)  I am not affraid of "whos out there" watching or baiting, so here is my information and you are welcome to contact me directly. If you need, i will get a letter from my professor for you regarding my research. I would love your input as it seems like you have quite a lot of "outsider" information to share. This is important when relating information in my paper.  I will also keep any and all personal information anonymous if you wish it.

i just found this site yesterday, so that is why I am unregistered at the moment.

My name is Hannah and I "graduated" from the CEDU program in december of 1993. I am 29 years old and am a student at the University of California at Berkeley.

I am doing my senior honors thesis at UC Berkeley and will start serious interviews in the spring of 2005.

The class that I am currently enrolled in and am doing an intro of this topic, is called controlling processes and it deals with the means by which peoples behavior, actions, and at times, thoughts are controlled by social and cultural mechanisms, and the means by which people avoid, resist, or invent counter-controls- these are called controlling processes.

I am looking at the methods of control used in "theraputic boarding schools". The methods of control such as use and restriction of language, regualtion of behaviors using methods such as sleep depreivation, and forced "confessions" and all the abuse that came with it.
I will elaborate more for you by email, my thesis is of course still in the beginning phases.  I am gathering data and will have a more solid thesis in the future. This is where I am starting from.

My email is [email protected] if you or anyone would like to contact me. I am totally legit and am willing to provide any information that will make folks comfortable about talking to me.

Thanks for your willingness, i hope to hear from you soon.
Hannah

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2004, 01:40:00 AM »
sorry, I didnt mean to use the word "outsider'.
 i meant that  it seems like you have quite a lot of research yourself and a different perspective (different from mine as a "student").

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2004, 06:48:00 PM »
I never graduated the program but it has affected me deeply and regrettably. What is teh perspective of most graduates? Negative or positive. Also, do some come out w/a CEDU high and then realize hey, this was a crock of crapola and we still need to deal w/real world?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2004, 01:48:00 AM »
Anybody out there from this hell hole? I was there in the 90s - Brandi and Russ were team leaders. They are complete assholes.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2004, 03:26:00 AM »
Well, there is a boy who ran away from this facility and has been missing for more than 2 months.  Check out the link below.  Apparently this program has a history of runaway teens. What about you, did you ever try to run or know teens that did?  What about the other CEDU schools?  Do they also have a problem with runaways?

http://www.sbsun.com/Stories/0,1413,208 ... 10,00.html

Offline SinfullyHoly194

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2004, 03:44:00 PM »
my good friend and a guy ran away for about 4 days... they tried to go down the backside... they got really sick and she got raped... my other good friend ran away three times... she did drugs and got raped while she was gone, all three times... two guys just walked down the backside to SB one day... nothing bad happened to them, but they found some bones that looked human on the backside... those are all the people that i can think of right now... theres more i know it..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2004, 05:13:00 PM »
when was this  way back they used to threaten kids if they split and were caught they would get dishpan and if they escaped they would threaten to kill them if they went to the sheriff and if they split

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2004, 08:48:00 AM »
Hey Hannah, I remember you from cedu, I was in kasey's peer group. people used to call me "rodney". we weren't really close at cedu, but still, it is nice to know that you are still alive. i found at recently that a couple people i knew at cedu are now dead. anyways, you can email me if you want at [email protected].  there are a few more of us who post here.

Offline vvigil

• View Profile
Running Springs
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2004, 11:19:00 AM »
Hannah is actually the one who told me about the people I told you about......