Author Topic: wondering about ex-staff  (Read 16124 times)

Offline **PIXIE DUST**

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #60 on: September 02, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »
count me in on the parent confrence thing! :grin:  lemme know about the dates and when to be there!
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
Being considerate of others will take [you] further in life than any college degree\" -Marian Wright Edelman-

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2004, 12:13:00 AM »
We don't need to email eachother.  Just post the dates and times and place of the next conference.  I'll be there to protest.  No need to organize, I guess.  If anyone else shows up- that would be cool, but if not, I'll be there alone.  Just let me know where and when they are having a conference.  Any recent escapees from CEDU running springs around?  When is the next conference?  Where is it going to be held?  Although I post a lot on this forum, I'm itching to do some more wet work. How else could we find out?  Could we call the hotels around the area pretending to be a confused CEDU parent?  Could we call pretending to be a caterer looking for the conference?  Surely, there are ways.  But much easier and more accurate to get the information directly.  Who's up for a little research?

P.S.  I'll supply (medical in California of course!!) herb for whoever shows up!

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2004, 12:34:00 AM »
Bryan, I used to live in Palos Verdes and Redondo Beach, you from around there?  (I could tell from area code.)

I'm wondering if you've been to the Running Springs area since you graduated and visited CEDU. I live on the East Coast now but there is a part of me that feels a need to go there for closure. I don't know why but I think it would help me. I'm sure I would not be allowed on campus.

Any former escapees allowed to visit folks? I'm sure no way in hell.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2004, 12:35:00 AM »
That was me, Shanlea, by the way.

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #64 on: September 03, 2004, 12:46:00 AM »
I live in Lomita.  I'm sure you know where that is if you lived around here.  (in between Torrance and  Harbor City)

Offline CEDU IS A CULT

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #65 on: September 03, 2004, 12:47:00 AM »
Have I been there since graduating?  I can't answer that.  There's your answer.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #66 on: September 03, 2004, 01:12:00 AM »
Is it the same as it was way back then? Is Running Springs still a one-horse town? Is it easy to go and have a look?

Are there any staff there that were also there in the late eighties?  

---Shanlea

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #67 on: September 03, 2004, 01:16:00 AM »
By the way, I remember when I split it was the Monday after parent conferences which was September 13th I think.  This was years and years ago but maybe they are having another conference coming up right quick. Like Labor Day weekend or Labor Day.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #68 on: September 03, 2004, 10:33:00 AM »
Just snuck on campus with my (also ex-CEDU) girlfriend when I was like 16 to smoke and  cause a little havok.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #69 on: October 02, 2004, 09:18:00 AM »
Hey, i was just a student at cascade for only like two weeks, and i ran away and al that jazz, but i heard it got shut down, and i was wonderin if anyone knew any  of the real reasons, cuz i keep hearing differently.

Offline gabriellegg

• View Profile
    • http://www.Blackvictory.com
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #70 on: December 04, 2004, 02:21:00 AM »
jennifer P was a very close friend of mine while I was at CEDU (I graduated in 89) and after. She was once a student there and was a mess from her experience. She was so broken. I have been looking for her for over 10 years. She called me one day came over gave me a hug and disappeared.

Andy Grenier was involved at my mothers school for awhile and he also did not know where she went. I worry about her all the time.

The things that happened to her at the hands of the staff were unspeakable.
quot;To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public.\"
--Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #71 on: December 04, 2004, 02:25:00 AM »
yah at cascade some students decided to revolt and they barricaded themselves in the dorms and all had sex(iam being serious) then the school got shut down....

Also I Kinda wanna roll up to Cedu and try and get some of my friends out, cuz they cant restrain us, iam not 18 so i cant get kidnapping, and if they try for the private property shit, ill be out before the cops ever get there
 Whos with me, iam gonna try in June

Offline the wall

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #72 on: January 08, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »
Jim Johnson to me was fantastic!!Great guy who really seemed to care..I talked to him in 1991 as he was living in california and working part time in some school in new mexico or somewhere.

Lori Saunders was a absolute joke!!She was the one who had the dog that lived behind the main house.I cant tell you how much I hated her..She had no Intelligence,hated me and many of the other kids and she was the last straw for me wanting out of cedu.To me she was evil and I actually appreciate that, as I woulda risked everything to get off that mountain.

Rudi..Well you can read up on him.He seemed ok with me and I think he generally liked his job and the kids.I beleave he killed alot of brain cells in the 70's though.

Steve Laird??Good Guy!!I beleave he is just another who didnt realize what he got himself into when accepting his job at cedu..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #73 on: January 12, 2005, 10:01:00 AM »
Steve Laird a good guy??? This is the same steve laird who fucked a 13 year old kid.  Not a good guy at all, he's a real piece of shit.

That goes double for Rudy Bentz (a pedophile and confessed murderer).

What the hell is wrong with you Wall?

ARE YOU SMOKING ROCKS OR SOMETHING?

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #74 on: January 12, 2005, 10:21:00 AM »
I never trusted Jim Johnson. He was not a yeller or as abusive in raps like other staff but he was as full of shit as anyone.

I believe he projected his own issues onto students like other staff and he definitely betrayed my trust on several ocacsions where he either did not keep his word about something or he twisted my story around to benefit the CEDU script. He gained my trust and then exploited it. (One example was telling my parents I'd be addicted to drugs if they pulled me out and tagging me as a druggie when I've never been more than an experimental user and stopped on my own volition several months BEFORE CEDU...and stayed off EASILY.  Drugs were NOT the reason I went to that school.  To be fair, his portrayal of me as a druggie may have had more to do with HIS past than mine.  But this is just another example of having unqualified staff who don't have the therapeutic objectivity to distance their own stories from ours')

I think staff got just as caught up in the bullshit CEDU machine as the students.
hanlea