Author Topic: wondering about ex-staff  (Read 16119 times)

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
    • http://suicidegirls.com/members/ilovemikeHunt/
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2004, 11:57:00 PM »
brandy was not.  supposedly, she werked at a real estate office before cedu, and that somehow qualified her for the position.

she was severely disorderly tho... she looked at herself as a slut with an eating disorder.
that sucks, people have such negative connotations attatched to the werd "slut".  i mean, i think a slut is someone who wants to pleasure themself and feels that sex is a good way to do so.  i'm a slut, and damn proud of it... there IS such thing a celebate slut, i'm one of them.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
aura solomon

Offline shanlea

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #31 on: June 22, 2004, 12:40:00 AM »
I have a lot of back issues w/the word slut and being treated like one when I never even had sex. At my school, slut was a weapon.  Also, I had issues w/a peeping tom, harassment, and violation and I always felt it was my fault.  CEDU mashes this into your head.

To be totally honest, I've never been promiscuous, but I dressed precociously from ages 13-16.  All my friends were older.  I didn't understand the ramifications of dressing this way.  I was just trying to look older.

So, even though I have a potty mouth I'll never call someone a slut or a whore. 2 words that won't cross my lips--ever.

But I hear what you are saying.
hanlea

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #32 on: June 22, 2004, 02:17:00 AM »
On 2004-06-21 21:40:00, shanlea wrote:

"I have a lot of back issues w/the word slut and being treated like one when I never even had sex. At my school, slut was a weapon.  Also, I had issues w/a peeping tom, harassment, and violation and I always felt it was my fault.  CEDU mashes this into your head.

To be totally honest, I've never been promiscuous, but I dressed precociously from ages 13-16.  All my friends were older.  I didn't understand the ramifications of dressing this way.  I was just trying to look older.

So, even though I have a potty mouth I'll never call someone a slut or a whore. 2 words that won't cross my lips--ever.

But I hear what you are saying. "

i was a virgin at cedu too... i turned into a slut tho, because they weren't satisfied with my disclosures.  i was an alcoholic bi-sexual slut... or so i said.  i'd been drunk like once in my life.  but yeh, they loved to call the girls sluts.
anyway, at this point, i'll call myself a slut.  sex is healthy and natural.  i don't sleep with everyone i meet.  shit, i don't sleep with anybody i meet, nor have i for the past year and 7 months.  that doesn't mean i don't enjoy sex tho.  our society is way too sexually repressed.
aura solomon

Offline chinsk

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2004, 08:01:00 PM »
Yeah I remember them trying to put the "slut" label on every single girl there.  They tried to act like it was every girls issue.  I can barely think of a girl that wasnt put on all guy bans at one point in time.  I can also remember the things staff would yell at girls during raps.  I mean I heard some vulgur stuff when I was there.  Some of the staff even acted like they got off on it.  That stuff kinda always bothered me.  Didnt seem right.

On 2004-06-21 23:17:00, mikehunt wrote:

"

On 2004-06-21 21:40:00, shanlea wrote:

"I have a lot of back issues w/the word slut and being treated like one when I never even had sex. At my school, slut was a weapon.  Also, I had issues w/a peeping tom, harassment, and violation and I always felt it was my fault.  CEDU mashes this into your head.

But I hear what you are saying. "

i was a virgin at cedu too... i turned into a slut tho, because they weren't satisfied with my disclosures.  i was an alcoholic bi-sexual slut... or so i said.  i'd been drunk like once in my life.  but yeh, they loved to call the girls sluts.

anyway, at this point, i'll call myself a slut.  sex is healthy and natural.  i don't sleep with everyone i meet.  shit, i don't sleep with anybody i meet, nor have i for the past year and 7 months.  that doesn't mean i don't enjoy sex tho.  our society is way too sexually repressed.
"

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2004, 01:29:00 AM »
i've already told the story about my friend jehni who was called a slut by brandi because she had sex with one guy... she said some shit about how she had her legs open to the werld or something... psshht.  PROJECTION!@#!@
aura solomon

Offline former CEDU therapist

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #35 on: June 23, 2004, 07:28:00 PM »
Laura, you were NEVER a slut!

On 2004-06-22 22:29:00, mikehunt wrote:

"i've already told the story about my friend jehni who was called a slut by brandi because she had sex with one guy... she said some shit about how she had her legs open to the werld or something... psshht.  PROJECTION!@#!@
"
[ This Message was edited by: former CEDU therapist on 2004-08-01 22:39 ]

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #36 on: June 23, 2004, 08:05:00 PM »
hahaha... i know... i was a lying virgin who'd never even been kissed before!
aura solomon

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »
I have just recently found this site.  Right up front, I am a mother who had a child at a CEDU school and our experiences there were great.  He is a loving, wonderful child who is in college working toward being a physician. The experiences that we both had at CEDU were so meaningful that he became a strong, caring, achieving individual, and I changed careers, from a biological chemist with an MBA, to a grad student getting a doctorate in clinical psychology.

I won't attempt the impossible by trying to  convince strangers of our current loving and stable family relationship, but I am particularly interested in what went wrong in other cases, which I often hear about on this site, and I am aware that problems and abuses can certainly happen in any big organization.

I am personally very interested in this, since I hope to eventually open my own school for kids who are self destructive, and I want to avoid the problems that can happen in this kind of situation.  

Real advice would be helpful, in terms of what might help a self-destructive young teenager, general comments such as " you are a mind-numbed robot since CEDU worked for you" or " you should let your 14 year old overdose on LSD, it's his choice, and your fault", I will probably ignore.

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #38 on: June 23, 2004, 10:44:00 PM »
[ This Message was edited by: former CEDU therapist on 2004-08-01 22:40 ]

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2004, 10:50:00 PM »
Which school was he in?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2004, 12:00:00 AM »
I went to Cedu-RS.  Most of the kids I talked to afterward--even the ones who think CEDU saved them--did not flourish academically or socially once they left.  THey did good for a short time but had a hard time reintegrating into teh real world.  Why? Part is that the techniques used in raps and propheets were bully pulpits that aimed to break you down but didn't build you up.  (Expect to be called a slut if you were raped or had sex once... or never.)Many people were only allowed to advance and find moments of calm if they had "facilitated breakthroughs."  Thus, kids were verbally assaulted until they admitted "dirt"  EVEN IF IT DIDN'T Happen.  Coerced confession of stuff they didn't even do, because youo were verbally beaten down.

Students also had  a difficult time re-entering the real world because the academics (at least in the laste 80s) I kid you not, was a COMPLETE sham.

Moreover, you were banned from speaking too much of outside world, and had severely restricted time with your family.  They totally restricted your outside contact and then you were dropped into reality again and had no way to deal with it.  Everything was monitored and you knew the staff would go after you and make life hell if you complained.  THey also told your parents you were lying or manipulating if you complained or cried from the isolation.  (THey said you were manipulating if you had medical conditions, and other real issues, too)  THey also made up or exaggerated issues to keep you there, and when you protested, they came down on you.  That is why virgins "admitted" they had sex, girls who had no eating disorders said they did, and people who weren't on dope said they were.  

THe staff rewarded students who bullied and students were trained to spy and abuse eachother verbally.

I went to CEDU because I was an underachiever, depressed and had a physical disabilty (deafness) that I didn't know how to deal with.  THe staff treated my deaf issues as manipulation and they also ripped me in raps for living with my boyfriend(this NEVER happened. I used to think they had the histories mixed up), being a slut when I was violated, and drug abuse when they couldn't figure out what they could pin on me.  THe funny thing is I experimented with drugs but quit EASILY ON MY OWN VOLITION 5 months before I entered CEDU and I never went back to it (15 years later).  When my family head found I had used them before he made it an issue and also BS'd my family about it.  (They put me in CEDU for self esteem and not staying in school because I felt so isolated.) It was their way of scaring my family into submission.  That is why they meet with the parents after every visit...to make sure you didn't say anything to pull you out.  I didn't get abused in raps as much as others, I tried to conform to all rules, but it made me sick anticipating each rap if I were going to be abused or not.  And I hated to watch what was happening to others.

I think the thing that pissed me off most was that I was treated like a liar though I've ALWAYS (pre-CEDU too) took accountability for my actions.  When my parents asked me for the truth or what happened, I told them even if it was bad for me.  So to be treated like a liar at CEDU was too much to take.  

When you look at CEDU's credentials and see degree, try to figure out if its a REAL school because it may be some BS Internet operation.  (Even the ones in charge have these so called "degrees" from a degree mill)

I left after 6 months and never went back; my Dad was relieved because he did feel it was a bit cultish.  I NEVER talked about it...how do you describe mental abuse? Until I came upon this site.

THere is a lot more to tell, and you know the sad thing?  All I can think is maybe you are a CEDU spy who may threatten us all who have one place to share our story.  Doesn't it say something to you thath there are ex-staff who are scared shitless of revealing themselves because of threats by CEDU but who do it anyway to try to either make amends or validate our stories.  

I'm sure CEDU would tell you these staff are "disgruntled ex-employees" or the students on these sites are just "troubled teens" and that is an affront to all of us who are real, and honest, and in pain.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #41 on: June 24, 2004, 12:19:00 PM »
Thank you, thank you, thank you for your courage and for stepping up. I know we all appreciate it. I'm glad you're out of that shit hole. Tell your parents everything. Show them this post you wrote. They will want to know. Tell them that you are not blaming them and that they were lied to by the school. Tell them that you are not trying to make them feel bad, but they need to know. Maybe they will stop some other parent from sending their kid.

On 2004-06-23 21:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I went to Cedu-RS.  Most of the kids I talked to afterward--even the ones who think CEDU saved them--did not flourish academically or socially once they left.  THey did good for a short time but had a hard time reintegrating into teh real world.  Why? Part is that the techniques used in raps and propheets were bully pulpits that aimed to break you down but didn't build you up.  (Expect to be called a slut if you were raped or had sex once... or never.)Many people were only allowed to advance and find moments of calm if they had "facilitated breakthroughs."  Thus, kids were verbally assaulted until they admitted "dirt"  EVEN IF IT DIDN'T Happen.  Coerced confession of stuff they didn't even do, because youo were verbally beaten down.

Students also had  a difficult time re-entering the real world because the academics (at least in the laste 80s) I kid you not, was a COMPLETE sham.

Moreover, you were banned from speaking too much of outside world, and had severely restricted time with your family.  They totally restricted your outside contact and then you were dropped into reality again and had no way to deal with it.  Everything was monitored and you knew the staff would go after you and make life hell if you complained.  THey also told your parents you were lying or manipulating if you complained or cried from the isolation.  (THey said you were manipulating if you had medical conditions, and other real issues, too)  THey also made up or exaggerated issues to keep you there, and when you protested, they came down on you.  That is why virgins "admitted" they had sex, girls who had no eating disorders said they did, and people who weren't on dope said they were.  

THe staff rewarded students who bullied and students were trained to spy and abuse eachother verbally.

I went to CEDU because I was an underachiever, depressed and had a physical disabilty (deafness) that I didn't know how to deal with.  THe staff treated my deaf issues as manipulation and they also ripped me in raps for living with my boyfriend(this NEVER happened. I used to think they had the histories mixed up), being a slut when I was violated, and drug abuse when they couldn't figure out what they could pin on me.  THe funny thing is I experimented with drugs but quit EASILY ON MY OWN VOLITION 5 months before I entered CEDU and I never went back to it (15 years later).  When my family head found I had used them before he made it an issue and also BS'd my family about it.  (They put me in CEDU for self esteem and not staying in school because I felt so isolated.) It was their way of scaring my family into submission.  That is why they meet with the parents after every visit...to make sure you didn't say anything to pull you out.  I didn't get abused in raps as much as others, I tried to conform to all rules, but it made me sick anticipating each rap if I were going to be abused or not.  And I hated to watch what was happening to others.

I think the thing that pissed me off most was that I was treated like a liar though I've ALWAYS (pre-CEDU too) took accountability for my actions.  When my parents asked me for the truth or what happened, I told them even if it was bad for me.  So to be treated like a liar at CEDU was too much to take.  

When you look at CEDU's credentials and see degree, try to figure out if its a REAL school because it may be some BS Internet operation.  (Even the ones in charge have these so called "degrees" from a degree mill)

I left after 6 months and never went back; my Dad was relieved because he did feel it was a bit cultish.  I NEVER talked about it...how do you describe mental abuse? Until I came upon this site.

THere is a lot more to tell, and you know the sad thing?  All I can think is maybe you are a CEDU spy who may threatten us all who have one place to share our story.  Doesn't it say something to you thath there are ex-staff who are scared shitless of revealing themselves because of threats by CEDU but who do it anyway to try to either make amends or validate our stories.  

I'm sure CEDU would tell you these staff are "disgruntled ex-employees" or the students on these sites are just "troubled teens" and that is an affront to all of us who are real, and honest, and in pain.

"

Offline mikehunt

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #42 on: June 24, 2004, 02:55:00 PM »
most definitely...
i'm compiling a book of stories.. yours story backed with your insight sounds perfect.  i'd love it if you would contribute!
email me:
[email protected]
aura solomon

Offline ottawa5

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #43 on: June 25, 2004, 01:40:00 PM »
He was in RMA in the late 90's and I would not be anymore specific than that without his permission, although I'm going to tell him about this site when he's home this weekend. He may be interested in tracking down a couple of old staff members who left meant a lot to him and left before he finished. If he wants to say more about his personal experience that will be up to him.

Offline Jack1963

• View Profile
wondering about ex-staff
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2004, 08:52:00 PM »
So, Ottawa... is your son willing to post his story here? We'd like to hear it!

On 2004-06-25 10:40:00, ottawa5 wrote:

"He was in RMA in the late 90's and I would not be anymore specific than that without his permission, although I'm going to tell him about this site when he's home this weekend. He may be interested in tracking down a couple of old staff members who left meant a lot to him and left before he finished. If he wants to say more about his personal experience that will be up to him."
ack