Author Topic: AA Abundant Life Academy  (Read 46831 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2004, 12:17:00 AM »
On 2004-03-25 18:32:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Craig - I appreciate what you are saying.  I agree that Deborah and many others are quick to judge.  All of us make mistakes and I see you taking steps in the right direction to correct and learn from yours.  What I don't get is your association with Karen Burnett.  Was it a package deal if you employed her son?   Have you not read the horrible, sick and twisted statements she's made on this board, and several others.  She is not a person I would want my troubled child to have any experience of AT ALL.  I have my reasons for my opinions, and they are mine and may not be shared with others.

"

Anon, if people like Deborah and others (including myself) are quick to judge, so be it. Time is of the essence, no point in beating around the bush.  Besides, these programs and the persons who promote 'em make "judgment" calls all the time, deciding the fate of so-called troubled teens they've never personally met or even talked to on the phone before facilitating their for-profit instutionalization (oops, I mean placement).  Hell, it would not surprise me at all if some of these so-called professionals can't even remember the name of the child they referred into a school or program though they certainly would not forget how much they got paid for 'em. :roll:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2004, 12:00:00 PM »
Anon asking for full disclosure;
I have been an open book and given the account of our odyssey several times already. I do think the questions your asking are of a personal nature and your no more intitled to answers than the man in the moon; but the fact is, the whole story is already 'out there' and I'm not goin to endlessly repeat myself. Besides, I think your only hoping to find p.u.r.e. had something to do with it and so entangle me in with all that trouble. I think your w.w.a.s.p. or might as well be.

Deb, your perfectly right that the questions are valid and you have a right to ask them; no arguments there. If you aren't satisfied with the answers you've been given, then I guess we're just going to have to have this left unresolved between us. I'm sorry about that; as you know I like and respect what I know of you; tho as you also know, we have always disagreed about some things. If you would ever like to talk about any of this feel free to give me a call.

Anon who warns Craig of my sick and twisted posts; I'm sure Craig appreciates your concern and will take your warning under advisement.
You can maybe relax a little knowing the kids are not exposed to my "horrible, sick and twisted" philosophy.
It's odd that you state such a strong and hostile opinion; and then say the reasons for it are not to be shared. I wonder Why That would be?
Could it be your reasons would ID you; and your ID would discredit the validity of your opinion?
I think so. I think your w.w.a.s.p. or might as well be.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2004, 01:12:00 PM »
On 2004-03-26 09:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

Anon asking for full disclosure;

I have been an open book and given the account of our odyssey several times already. I do think the questions your asking are of a personal nature and your no more intitled to answers than the man in the moon; but the fact is, the whole story is already 'out there' and I'm not goin to endlessly repeat myself. Besides, I think your only hoping to find p.u.r.e. had something to do with it and so entangle me in with all that trouble. I think your w.w.a.s.p. or might as well be.

Deb, your perfectly right that the questions are valid and you have a right to ask them; no arguments there. If you aren't satisfied with the answers you've been given, then I guess we're just going to have to have this left unresolved between us. I'm sorry about that; as you know I like and respect what I know of you; tho as you also know, we have always disagreed about some things. If you would ever like to talk about any of this feel free to give me a call.

Anon who warns Craig of my sick and twisted posts; I'm sure Craig appreciates your concern and will take your warning under advisement.

You can maybe relax a little knowing the kids are not exposed to my "horrible, sick and twisted" philosophy.

It's odd that you state such a strong and hostile opinion; and then say the reasons for it are not to be shared. I wonder Why That would be?

Could it be your reasons would ID you; and your ID would discredit the validity of your opinion?

I think so. I think your w.w.a.s.p. or might as well be.

"

Sheesh, this answer is a whole lot of nothing!  Karen, you have got to get over yourself, quit assuming everybody and anybody is a WWASPIE trying to get you.  Fact is, you have some credibiity issues and you only have yourself to blame.  Deal with it.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2004, 04:46:00 PM »
***If you aren't satisfied with the answers you've been given, then I guess we're just going to have to have this left unresolved between us.***

That isn't the issue.
You answered the primary question quiet satifactorily.
The issue is that your answer seems to be in direct conflict with the allegations put forth by Rogers.
gt;>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline CraigRogers

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2004, 05:52:00 PM »
Dear Anonymous,

I respect your opinion of Karen Burnett, and I would hope that you would respect mine.  I love her very much.  She is very dear to my heart.  She has always been supportive, encouraging, and diligent to love me and my family.  I owe her a great deal.  She has been there for me through thick and thin.

Her son Nate was never employed with Abundant Life Academy.  After his graduation from our program he volunteered to serve other kids.  Nate was more then an employee.  He worked harder then most employees, and gave from his heart.  Nate is one of the neatest kids I have ever known.  I would do anything to support both Karen and her son Nate.

I would stand behind the Burnett's willing to go through the fire for them.

God bless,

Craig

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2004, 06:21:00 PM »
On 2004-03-26 14:52:00, CraigRogers wrote:

"Dear Anonymous,

I respect your opinion of Karen Burnett, and I would hope that you would respect mine.  I love her very much.  She is very dear to my heart.  She has always been supportive, encouraging, and diligent to love me and my family.  I owe her a great deal.  She has been there for me through thick and thin.

Her son Nate was never employed with Abundant Life Academy.  After his graduation from our program he volunteered to serve other kids.  Nate was more then an employee.  He worked harder then most employees, and gave from his heart.  Nate is one of the neatest kids I have ever known.  I would do anything to support both Karen and her son Nate.

I would stand behind the Burnett's willing to go through the fire for them.

God bless,

Craig"

What IS this, the Craig and Karen Mutual Adoration Society?   :smokin:

Offline CraigRogers

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2004, 07:09:00 PM »
Dear Debrah,

I am sorry... I dont know how to answer some one like you.  No matter what I state I am afraid that you will turn it around and use it against me.  I dont think you are looking for answers, it seems that you only want to complain and criticize.  If you spent a fraction the energy you spend on complaining and devert it to being a part of the solution you could really make a difference.  Again, all the information you need is in my original statement.

In my original statement I stated that I was under negoitiations with Patricia Bettencort and Josue Aparicio to provide the services.  We started working together in May.  I terminiated the relationship with Patricia in June.  I continued to work with Josue until September.  I never signed an agreement with Patricia because her terms were unacceptable.  Josue and I worked toward making our agreement formal, but it never materialized.  I never signed a contract with either party.  

Basically, in the first several months I paid all expenses of the students through Josue.  I paid for the housing, the food, and the staff.  I sent the money to Josue so that he could pay for all of the students needs. I paid Josue a handsome salary to function in this role.  He did fine in this role for three months and then the wheels came off and I was forced to terminate our business relationship.  It was his indescretions and unprofessional behavior that forced me to terminate our business relationship.

Debrah, this is the last comment I will make on this subject.  I hope that you can go on with your life now.  At least try to find a hobbie or some other meaningful and significant pasttime.  You are wasting your time blasting people without cause.

God bless,

Craig Rogers

[ This Message was edited by: CraigRogers on 2004-03-26 16:11 ]

Offline CraigRogers

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2004, 07:15:00 PM »
The Spirit of Lawlessness Part 1
Sandy Brunson
Mar 26, 2004

The spirit within unregenerate man is one of lawlessness rather than obedience as it was in Adam and Eve.... as it was in Israel 1000 years before Christ, as it was at the time of Christ's coming to earth, as it is today. We find a report of this very thing in the last verse of the book of Judges. "In those days there was no king in Israel; everyone did what was right in his own eyes." (Judges 21:25) In every generation, people down through history have been littered by such an attitude whether they had a natural king or not.

The human nature of mankind is to simply live his/her lifetime out by doing what is right in his/her own eyes. People want to be "a law unto themselves" and live by their own human authority. But God did not design for His creation to live that way. Nevertheless, the stubbornness of holding on to control of one's life is the attitude, which so pervades our modern culture. It is virtually impossible to escape the influence of this fact. Mankind is faced with it everywhere he turns. Through the strong lure of self-attainment, many people find themselves in positions of power and influence that bring them "present success". Such attainment in the modern world has become a driving force. Man's pride fuels and applauds it worldwide. Independence. Success. Beauty. Wealth. Fame. Position. Control. Achievement. Masses of people today exercise themselves in every area of their lives to acquire such trophies. Attainment of such things becomes the goal and the prize of modern life. Great sacrifice is made to these "idols" in the hearts and minds of people. No expense is spared them. They are even worshipped!

The idols are obtained "at all costs", and they are costly. People literally give their lives to obtain these prizes! Most even sacrifice the lives of their families to obtain them. Time, production, and attainment become harsh taskmasters. Character and integrity are overlooked. Morals lapse. Purity and righteousness are scorned. Relationships are perverted and suffer through neglect and lack of necessary nurture. Attaining and pleasing such idols becomes the driving force of masses of people who have tasted of their rewards. In his deep intent to place these idolatrous goals as the quest of this life, man forfeits the rewards of "walking with God". Just as Adam pursued something other then God's will, so does fallen mankind. The majority of people who hold a modern world view crave power, prosperity, and position. They give their lives for the attainment of these "gods" with unbridled zeal.

In His infinite wisdom, Almighty God declared in Exodus 20:2-3, "I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt (a type of the "world" system), out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me!" This is the commandment, which relates mankind correctly unto Him. God, our Creator, determined the prescription of our relationship with Him. When we obey it, our lives will be in Divine Order. When we disobey it, they will be in disorder.

~to be continued....

Looking unto Jesus,

Sandy

Offline CraigRogers

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2004, 07:16:00 PM »
Only the REAL and RIGHTEOUS
Sandy Brunson
Mar 25, 2004

The only thing, ultimately, that is going to remain...is the character and nature of My fruit in the lives of people. Power, ministry, good works...unless they are done in My holiness and truth, are going to burn up and be blown away. All the glitz, the glamor, the showy displays will burn in the Refiner's fire. Only that which is REAL and RIGHTEOUS - the deep things of My nature will remain under such heat. So lay up for yourselves treasures in Heaven where character and integrity and fruit such as the nine will stand. (Galatians 5:22-23). Where traits such as those found in 2 Peter 1 will stand. THESE THINGS...desire.

Humble yourself under the Mighty Hand of God to possess these things. Look for and seek My nature and My character. For only those who bear My fruit shall remain. My Word teaches that "by their fruits" (good or bad) you shall identify the true nature of people. May the fruit of your life reflect the character and nature of My Holy Spirit...for it is He that embodies My personality.

Many shall say, "Lord, Lord, did I not do THIS? Did I not do THAT in Your Name?"

And I will say, "I never knew you. Did you bring your HEART to Mine....to KNOW ME? To know My Person? To know My fruit and My ways and to walk in them? Or did you just desire to be aligned with me to do works in My Name that bring you power and position and attention? I came to transform...not to set you in high places. Choose this day whom you will serve."

Those who truly know Me, will reflect the "healthy personality" that is Mine. THESE THINGS: humility, self-restraint, kindness, confidence, objectivity, empathy, boldness, respect, reflective thinking, grace, truth, wisdom, understanding, love, openness, faithfulness, contentment, thankfulness, holiness, peace, patience, gentleness, compassion, endurance, considerateness, sincerity, joy, godliness...characterize Me.

Those who know Me will embody these characteristics and reflect them in relation to Me and toward others. Relationship with Me, in turn, affects how people RELATE with others who are in their life or who cross their path. I have said that I am not a "respecter of persons," for respect is not given because of accomplishments...but rather it is attributing VALUE and PRECIOUSNESS to every living soul and being willing to listen and hear...not only what they have to say, but also acknowledge what they feel. Learn to be present with them...in the moment...to notice them.

Be willing to accept their person...though not always their behavior or attitudes. Do not enmesh people with their behavior. Look to Me for the ability to separate who they are.....from how they behave. Do not allow your feelings to justify rudeness. Examine your communication patters...and allow My grace to enable you in how you relate to others...and to reflect My personality...My nature to them. For it, alone, brings hope that can transform and change the darkness to light.

~from the listening heart of Sandy Brunson

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2004, 07:43:00 PM »
Posted: 2004-03-25 17:44:00  
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
On 2004-01-30 18:36:00, Anonymous wrote:

"TO THE PARENTS

AS LEGAL REPRESENTATIVES OF THE ?ACADEMIA VIDA ABUNDANTE DEL LAGO CHAPALA S. DE RL.? WE FEEL IT IS OUR MORAL DUTY TO INFORM YOU THE FOLLOWING.

THE CORPORATION CALLED ?ACADEMIA VIDA ABUNDANTE DEL LAGO CHAPALA? (?ABUNDANT LIFE ACADEMY AT LAKE CHAPALA?) WAS CONSTITUTED WITH A HUNDRED PER CENT MEXICAN CAPITAL, ON APRIL 30th OF 2003, UNDER PUBLIC DOCUMENT NO. 8,286, VOLUME 184, IN HERMOSILLO, SONORA, BEFORE NOTARY NO. 46, ATTORNEY ROMELIA RUIZ CAZARES AND IT WAS REGISTERED IN THE PUBLIC RECORD OFFICE OF CHAPALA, JALISCO, ON MAY, 7th, 2003, WITH THE NUMBER 173 OF THE SECOND TOME OF THE FIRST BOOK OF THE RECORDS COMMERCE, AND AT THE MINISTRY OF FINANCE, WITH THE FEDERAL REGISTRATION (RFC) AVA030430TE9, BEING PARTNERS, THE ATTORNEY PATRICIA BETANCOURT RAMIREZ AS THE SOLE ADMINISTRATOR, MRS. IRELENA MONGE BETANCOURT AS THE AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE OF THE CORPORATION AND MR. JOSUE ROMAN APARICIO GOMEZ AS GENERAL MANAGER.

THE IDEA OF HAVING OUR ?ACADEMIA? IN THE COMMUNITY OF AJIJIC, JALISCO, AS WELL AS RENTING THE REAL STATE AND THE LEGAL REQUIREMENTS FOR ITS OPERATION WERE NEGOTIATED IN THE MONTH OF MAY. SUBSEQUENTLY, IT WAS AGREED WITH MR. CRAIG ROGERS, VERBALLY, TO RECEIVE THE YOUNGSTERS THAT HE WOULD SEND FROM THE ABUNDANT LIFE ACADEMY UTAH. THE CHARGE WAS TO BE $2,000.00 U.S. DOLLARS PER STUDENT (MONTHLY) WHO WOULD GET ROOM AND BOARD IN THE HOUSE AT 94-?A? CONSTITUTION STREET IN AJIJIC. FROM THE VERY BEGINNING, MR. ROGERS DIDN?T PAY THE AGREED AMOUNT OF TWO THOUSAND DOLLARS, THE AGREED UPON AMOUNT. INSTEAD HE PAID ONLY $500.00 U.S. DOLLARS PER STUDENT. THE CONTRACT WAS NEVER FORMALLY LEGALIZED WITH THE UTAH ABUNDANT LIFE ACADEMY. WE WAITED FOR HIM TO RECTIFY THE SITUATION, BUT HE DID NOT RESPOND.

FOR THAT REASON AND REQUIRING MORE PERSONNEL TO PROVIDE BETTER CARE FOR THE YOUNGSTERS, MR. CRAIG ROGERS WAS ASKED TO PROVIDE THE INFORMATION AS TO THE INCOME IN UTAH AS WELL AS THE CONTRACTS THAT HE MADE WITH THE PARENTS. HE DIDN?T PAY ATTENTION TO OUR REQUEST AND THE ?ACADEMIA VIDA ABUNDANTE DEL LAGO CHAPALA? CONTINUED TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE TO THE YOUNGSTERS. VARIOUS CONSULTANTS VISITED THE INSTITUTION IN JUNE AND JULY AND WILL CONFIRM THE EXCELLENCE OF OUR SERVICE.

THE REPRESENTATIVES OF THE ASSOCIATION OF VIDA ABUNDANTE DEL LAGO CHAPALA WERE NOT SATISFIED WITH THE STAFF THAT MR. CRAIG ROGERS HIRED FOR THE GUIDANCE OF THE YOUNGSTERS, THEY WERE PEOPLE WITHOUT EXPERIENCE IN THIS TYPE OF PROGRAM, SPECIALLY MR. JOHN NIELSEN WHO HAS A BAD RECORD IN HIS PREVIOUS JOBS. THIS IS DOCUMENTED IN THE ARCHIVES OF A WORLD KNOW ASOCIATION CALLED ?YOUTH WITH A MISION? A.R. IN CHAPALA, JALISCO (YWAM, JALISCO) WITH A WEB SITE http://www.ywamguadalajara.com.

FOR THESE REASONS, WE INFORMED MR. CRAIG ROGERS AS TO THE SITUATION ABOVE MENTIONED WAS DAMAGING THE IMAGE OF THE SCHOOL AS WELL AS THE SUBSTANCE HE WAS PUTTING AT RISK THE EDUCATION OF THE YOUNGSTERS. MR. ROGERS DIDN?T RESPOND TO THIS AND INSTEAD HE FOCUSSED IN FINDING AN INVESTOR FOR ?HIS? BUSINESS. HE NEVER LET US KNOW ANY OF THIS. HE ASKED FOR THE BOOKS OF OUR CORPORATION, WHICH WAS DENIED BECAUSE WE HAD NO LEGAL OBLIGATION TO DO THIS. THEREFORE MR. ROGERS DECIDE TO GO TO THE ACCOUNTANT?S OFFICE AND WITH THREATS TRIED TO GET THEM (THERE ARE WITNESSES OF THIS FACTS). BEING ANNOYED BY NOT GETTING THE RECORDS HE ORDERED MR. JOSUE ROMAN APARICIO TO GO FROM THE PROPERTY RENTED BY OUR CORPORATION SLANDERED AND THREATED HIM.

WHEN THE SITUATION GOT TO THIS POINT WE DECIDED FOR THE BENEFIT OF YOUR CHILDREN, TO PUT OUR CORPORATION ON SALE TO MR. ROGERS BUT HE COULDN?T PAY. THAT IS WHY THE MEMBERS OF ?ACADEMIA VIDA ABUNDANTE DEL LAGO CHAPALA? HAVE TO LEAVE THE PROPERTY WE HAD RENTED AND PROCEED LEGAL ACTION BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN TAKEN IN AN ILLEGAL MANNER.

WE WANT TO POINT OUT THAT THERE IS NOT AND THERE WAS NEVER WAS DURING THE FIVE AND A HALF MONTHS OF OPERATION ANY CONTRACT WITH MR. CRAIG ROGERS TO PROMOTE OUR SERVICES THROUGH THE INTERNET, A WEB PAGE ?ABUNDANT LIFE ACEDEMY? WHERE HE APPOINTS HIMSELF AS THE DIRECTOR OF OUR SCHOOL IN MEXICO AND THE ACADEMY OF ABUNDANT LIFE OF UTAH. BY THE SAME TOKEN, IT NEVER EXISTED ANY CONTRACT WITH HIM FOR HIS SERVICES. EVERYTHING WAS DONE BY COMMON AGREEMENT, HOPING THAT HE WOULD CLEAR OUT THE FINANCING STATEMENTS OF HIS BUSSINES IN THE UNITED STATES.

SOME OF THE PARENTS, AS WELL AS SOME AMERICAN RESIDENTS THAT ARE NEIGHBORS OF THE ?ACADEMIA VIDA ABUNDANTE DEL LAGO CHAPALA? HAVE SPOKEN TO MR. JOSUE APARICIO TO SHOW THEIR SUPPORT AND ALSO TO EXPRESS THEIR DISATISFACTION WITH MR. JOHN NIELSEN?S ATTITUDE AND THE LACK OF MORALITY AND ETHICS FROM MR. CRAIG ROGERS. THEY HAVE ALSO ASKED HIM TO SUPPORT US IN ANY SITUATION THAT WILL CARRY ON IN THE FUTURE.

WE ARE REALLY SORRY FOR WHAT UNFORTUNATELY IS HAPPENING NOW, HOWEVER WE ARE AVAILABLE FOR ANY ADDITIONAL INFORMATION REQUIRED OR DESIRED.

[email protected]

SINCERELY,

ACADEMIA VIDA ABUNDANTE DEL LAGO CHAPALA, S. DE R.L.

ADMINISTRATOR

ATTY. PATRICIA BETANCOURT RAMIREZ

GENERAL MANAGER

CPA JOSUE R. APARICIO GOMEZ

AUTHORIZED REPRESENTATIVE

IRELENA MONGE BETANCOURT

---------------------------------------------

Craig, any truth to the allegations made about the staff, specifically, Mr. John Nielson? Who is this guy and why would these people allege he has a bad record in the industry if they didn't have documentation to support such a claim? Second, Karen Burnett has made many posts (since erased) on this forum many of which were aimed at disparaging the character and reputation of Carey Bock. These posts were vicious and served no better purpose than to try and intimidate Ms. Bock into silence. Why? What did Bock know that Ms. Burnett did not want revealed on a public forum? Back-biting is not the way to boost one's reputation and credibility. The truth is what counts, for better or for worse.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2004, 09:03:00 PM »
Go on with my life now?
Craig, you're a obtuse hoot.

I have a wonderful life.
A couple of times a day 'god' tells me, "check Fornits and see who's lying today".
My 'god' sees things very differently than your 'god'. My participation on Fornits is very much a part of my 'service work' in the world. Actually, a small part.

I don't NEED any information from you. Like I said, I don't care if you answer or avoid. Anyone with half their brain cells firing realizes that
something's not kosher.

Unfortunately I am not your judge. If I were I'd throw the case out based on what has been shared here. You can't just sashay into court and make damning allegations without supporting them with details. And you aren't going to get far with a cohort whose testimony refutes your allegations.

You may not want to share the "indescretions and unprofessional behavior" here; and what impact it had on the teens, but any ethical judge will expect it. You could consider our interaction a practice run. S/he might actually judge you harsher than I.

You have no rational reason to fear me. I haven't "turned anything around". You made a statement. I asked questions and pointed to things that appeared to be discrepencies. You didn't answer. You did state that the answers to those questions were in your original post. Well, they aren't. And I just don't know what to think about that. It leaves me to wonder if you are genuinely ignorant or lying like a dog.
Hidden Lake Academy, after operating 12 years unlicensed will now be monitored by the state. Access information on the Federal Class Action lawsuit against HLA here: http://www.fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?t=17700

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #56 on: March 26, 2004, 09:39:00 PM »
Found this on ALA site.
http://www.abundantlifeacademy.com/testimony.php

Visit report by Steve Bozak, Educational Consultant - June 2003 Tel: 518-373-8069

There is something to be said in taking the troubled teens far away from their home and friends. Here is a beautiful, well kept home in Mexico in a family atmosphere where these boys, aged 14 to 18, are kept from making bad choices as they all work on academics and maturing into well behaved young gentlemen. The strong Christian Evangelical atmosphere is just what some parents find necessary to get these boys back in the straight and narrow way.

The nearest airport is in Guadalajara and is just less then a two hour plane flight from Houston Texas. Craig Rogers and two boys met me at this small airport. The school was about a 30 minute drive away.

The two students were my guides. One from Hawaii and the other from Idaho. They happily showed me around the school and town. They introduce me to all 17 boys who were currently attending Abundant Life Academy. Even the new boy whom I met who had just arrived the day before and thought he wasn?t going to enjoy being here, seemed to be adjusting very quickly soon after he was rested and fed with the good food here. The other students paled up with him showing him the positive culture of the home and quickly he felt at home with his new friends and family.

I sat in on two therapeutic type meetings which seem to occur twice a day. All the boys and many of the staff participated in a discussion of issues and plans on how to improve themselves. The students all participated eagerly and politely. The strong Christian influence was quite obvious during these meeting and everyday life at the school.

The kids here were all having fun. The house had an indoor swimming pool, pleasant chatter among the kids and there was a nearby water park that the kids visited during my stay. There were many wireless high speed online computers for the students to used under good supervisor. The many staff often carried wireless telephones and the kids seemed to call home freely apparently when ever they wanted but the phone was always under control of the staff.

Many of the boys volunteered to scout the nearby streets and pick up trash Saturday morning. My two student guides showed me where they would get a hair cut down the street at the barber shop for $3.00 US.

The conservative town this school is located in was obviously strongly catholic with a large American population. Nearby was a very large lake and the neighborhood was very artsy with many galleries owned and operated by snow bird Americans. But the town was not a tourist town. The ex-patriots I spoke to were all retired professionals from the states.

The boys at Abundant Life Academy were all working on finishing high school. They were planning to go on to college from this high school. As I observed the boys in their daily lives, I could see that all the temptation from home were now too far away to be a distraction. The kids were positive as they supported one another to do the right things. This is obviously a positive peer culture acting therapeutically to mature these kids into productive citizens.

Steve Bozak CEP

Hey Steve Bozak reccomends ALA.  Isn't Steve Bozak the same guy who Carey spoke about?  

Yep, found this while searching.

So the court docs say that Sue's PURE, INC grossed approx. $300k.

So there is a theory on this since they don't really market that much - one would ask logically how they could do that.

Steve Bozak (an ed. consultant) would charge parents for a "consultation" and conveniently recommend a program which Pure is an affiliate or admissions co. So Steve takes money from parents.
Then Sue gets the contract signed and makes approx. $2000 (from what I understand it's $1000 to refer and $2000 if you actually get a contract signed). Of course the programs that they are involved with don't know what's going on. In a typical scenerio with an ethical consultant the parent would be referred directly to the program to contract saving the program $2000 approx. (some have been said to give up to $3000).
(which I figure why the hell not - the program charges the parent the same if they put them in or a place like PURE does - so why not spread the wealth).

Carey should sue Bozak and Scheff for this unethical practice.

Side note - Why shouldn't Carey take WWASP money?
Anyone with a logical brain cell in their head would say when faced by an attorney at $200-300/hr. telling you to take the money or receive a court order to give up info - why not save time, hassle, and make a little dough?
Here were the options -
1. destroy evidence (uh oh)
2. sell out (make money, and get revenge on sue)
3. hold out (no money)

It seems to me that the only ones telling her that she shouldn't have done this are Sue's chronies. Yes, I'm talking about you Colburns. You think your tone and manor about you doesn't give you away.

Back to the scam of PURE :
I wonder how deep it really goes. She could have 10 of these guys who she could kick back a portion of the admit money.

As for the thread on Berryman - He was working the msg boards to get business for PURE. He probably needed money because he couldn't get his fat ass out of bed to go to his cushy govt. job. I mean really, what does the man do for a living? Nobody knows! I'll tell you - he takes Sue's money.

Berryman, Scheff, Carey (for entertaining all the criticism about her - Carey - just say FUCK YOU! already), Bozak, etc are FUCK0's and Scam Artists (a fine one at that - I mean DAMN $300K!!!!!!!)

Wasn't it also said in a post that Bozak recommended Carey take bails bondsmen / body guards when she went to get her sons, in which she later found out they were actually escorts/kidnappers.  I bet that cost her a lot of money.  I wonder if Bozak or PURE got a kick back from that?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #57 on: March 26, 2004, 09:53:00 PM »
ALA in Mexico...what could the truth be?  

Now, Joshua says one thing about ALA.

Craig Rogers says another thing, opopsite of what Joshua has to say about ALA.

Steve Bozak, an ed con, has a whole different story to tell about the wonderful program at ALA.

Offline Deborah

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #58 on: March 26, 2004, 10:17:00 PM »
In this thread you wrote:
Abundant Life Academy continued to work with Mr. Josue Aparicio in good faith until September 2003, when we found out that Josue was a part of Patricia Bettencort's origianl scheme.
It was also discovered that Josue Aparicio was embezzling funds from Abundant Life Academy of Utah, which was the reason ?AVADLC? failed to deliever and perform their verbal agreement to provide room, board, and food services. Basically, we believe that he was taking the money meant for the students of Abundant Life Academy and giving it to Patricia Bettencort.

In your patronizing response to Aparicio's allegations in another thread, you said TO HIM:

I am sorry, but when you decided to get back into drugs didnt you expect your life to fall apart. When you decided to embezzle money didnt you expect that our business relationship would end?. I wish you had not thrown everything away. But what else was I to do. You gave me no alternative but to end our business relationship. All you had to do was repent and stop using drugs and our friendship would have endured.
http://fornits.com/wwf/viewtopic.php?to ... forum=9&52

The person in charge of the teens was an ex/recovering drug abuser?  ?When you decided to get back into drugs? seems to impy that you were privy to a previous problem with drug abuse.  Did you know this when you put the teens in his care?  How long had he been ?clean?? What was his drug of choice? Was he under the influence while the teens were in his care? Was he buying his drug from Bettencort?

So, if he?d just repented and stopped using drugs, again, the teens would still be in his care... despite of course, the alleged embezzelment of funds.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #59 on: March 26, 2004, 10:41:00 PM »
http://www.abundantlifeacademy.com/phpb ... 8e47031441

Not enough "ACTION" on your PARENTAL (sic) counsel site? Is it here that you get your "fix?" Why even have a parental counsel site...as the site states: Jesus is the only answer :eek: