Author Topic: AA Abundant Life Academy  (Read 46557 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #210 on: April 11, 2004, 12:07:00 PM »
You people are idiots, bottom line here is that the brother wants to talk to his sister. So who is going to make this happen except for his mom.
The parents of the girl must be realy paranoid not to let her own brother talk to her.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #211 on: April 11, 2004, 12:13:00 PM »
Congratulations to Paige for fighting for the rights of her son to be able to have contact with his sister. Sounds to me that if the parents of the girl would just get a line of communication going with the rest of the family for this kid, "in Jail", everything would calm down. I wonder if the parents understand the ramifications of a law suit which would make every aspect of their life public knowledge? If they have nothing to hide no problem but if all of the rest of the family were against this doesn't that send up a red flag about the parents?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #212 on: April 11, 2004, 12:33:00 PM »
Remember, it is only children, who because they are children, can be forced to love God as punishment for "making bad choices".

Viewed from this perspective, how can anyone believe these so-called faith-healers are anything but wolves in sheep's clothing?  

" .... and the TRUTH shall set you free".

Believe It.

:smokin:

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #213 on: April 11, 2004, 01:54:00 PM »
When my daughter broke her arm, I didn't have to force her to get it fixed. She wanted it fixed. It hurt. When the next one had a problem with dentists and needles, we went to 5 different dentists before she got over her fear enough to let them do their work. Did I insist? Yes. But I wasn't about to resort to brute force. And if some crack pot had tried to sell me on the idea that I should have her shipped off to Mexico against her will till she agreed to the treatment, I'd have told them to take a hike. Dental health is important, but so is mental health and personal autonomy, even for little kids.

Distrust all in whom the impulse to punish is powerful.
--Friedrich Nietzsche

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #214 on: April 11, 2004, 03:04:00 PM »
On 2004-04-11 09:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You people are idiots, bottom line here is that the brother wants to talk to his sister. So who is going to make this happen except for his mom.

The parents of the girl must be realy paranoid not to let her own brother talk to her."

Name calling is for those who have nothing intelligent to say.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #215 on: April 11, 2004, 03:09:00 PM »
On 2004-04-11 09:33:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Remember, it is only children, who because they are children, can be forced to love God as punishment for "making bad choices".

You are mistaken, as the Bible clearly shows that God does not force us to make any choice.  He has given us free will, the ability to make our own choices.  However, just because He has given us that freedom, does not mean that our choices are free from consequences.

The teens are given choices.  They can choose to make appropriate choices, or they can choose not to.  Anyone who has any parenting skills whatsoever knows that.  Take a small child, for instance.  You can tell the child the stove burner is hot over and over.  Some children trust their parents enough to accept the parents teaching and trying to protect them from getting burned.  Others do not and subsequently touch the hot burner and get burned.  The consequenses of the choice of the first child in this scenario is the he doesn't get hurt.  The consequenses of the choice of the second child is that he gets burned.  Either way, it was their choice.

The kids who are there have had opportunity after opportunity to make appropriate choices.  Just as Lucifer made a bad choice, so have these kids.  The difference being, is these kids have the opportunity to repent, be forgiven, and make good choices.

Have a blessed day.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #216 on: April 11, 2004, 03:15:00 PM »
On 2004-04-11 10:54:00, Antigen wrote:

"When my daughter broke her arm, I didn't have to force her to get it fixed. She wanted it fixed. It hurt. When the next one had a problem with dentists and needles, we went to 5 different dentists before she got over her fear enough to let them do their work. Did I insist? Yes. But I wasn't about to resort to brute force. And if some crack pot had tried to sell me on the idea that I should have her shipped off to Mexico against her will till she agreed to the treatment, I'd have told them to take a hike. Dental health is important, but so is mental health and personal autonomy, even for little kids.

Well Ginger, that is all fine and good.  However, there are many instances that a loving parent must over ride what the child wants, for the best interest of the child.

Just as God knows there are many things in life we want, things we think we need, He knows best.  Sometimes God gives us what we ask for and we are happy.  Other times, God gives us what we ask for to teach us a lesson.  In either case, God, the only perfect parent, knows what is best.

As a parent accountable to God, I too will do what I think is best for my child, as did the parent of the girl in question.  And fortunately for her and I both, we have to answer to God, not to those who would judge us based on what they think they would do in a situation they have never been faced with.

Neither you, nor I, nor any of the others who have so freely judge this mom has walked in her shoes.  As such, none, except God in heaven, is able to competently judge her motives and her actions.

Praise God for the just God He is.  

Have a blessed day.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #217 on: April 11, 2004, 03:18:00 PM »
On 2004-04-11 09:13:00, Anonymous wrote:

"Congratulations to Paige for fighting for the rights of her son to be able to have contact with his sister. Sounds to me that if the parents of the girl would just get a line of communication going with the rest of the family for this kid, "in Jail", everything would calm down. I wonder if the parents understand the ramifications of a law suit which would make every aspect of their life public knowledge? If they have nothing to hide no problem but if all of the rest of the family were against this doesn't that send up a red flag about the parents?"

Hmmmm.  I see your point.  However, seeing as we have not heard from the mom on this issue, I guess what we think is really not important.  As a parent, I know I have my reasons for doing things others may not understand (and quite frankly, it is no one else's business).  

As far as the red flag, no.  What is right is not always popular.  What is popular is not always right.

Have a blessed day.

Offline Paige

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #218 on: April 11, 2004, 03:21:00 PM »

On 2004-04-11 12:09:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2004-04-11 09:33:00, Anonymous wrote:<

The kids who are there have had opportunity after opportunity to make appropriate choices.  Just as Lucifer made a bad choice, so have these kids.  The difference being, is these kids have the opportunity to repent, be forgiven, and make good choices.

[/quot Who decides that the choice was wrong. The Parents? Maybe the parents were the reason for the bad choices the child made to begin with. Then the child suffers?
aige

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #219 on: April 11, 2004, 03:46:00 PM »
On 2004-04-11 12:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"

On 2004-04-11 09:07:00, Anonymous wrote:

"You people are idiots, bottom line here is that the brother wants to talk to his sister. So who is going to make this happen except for his mom.

The parents of the girl must be realy paranoid not to let her own brother talk to her."

Name calling is for those who have nothing intelligent to say."

I find this perplexing that the only thing this person picked up on was the name calling? Why can't the brother talk to his sister? Is this possibly an infringement on his rights as a sibling?

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #220 on: April 11, 2004, 06:33:00 PM »

"

"Remember, it is only children, who because they are children, can be forced to love God as punishment for "making bad choices".

You are mistaken, as the Bible clearly shows that God does not force us to make any choice.  He has given us free will, the ability to make our own choices.  However, just because He has given us that freedom, does not mean that our choices are free from consequences.

The teens are given choices.  They can choose to make appropriate choices, or they can choose not to.  Anyone who has any parenting skills whatsoever knows that.  Take a small child, for instance.  You can tell the child the stove burner is hot over and over.  Some children trust their parents enough to accept the parents teaching and trying to protect them from getting burned.  Others do not and subsequently touch the hot burner and get burned.  The consequenses of the choice of the first child in this scenario is the he doesn't get hurt.  The consequenses of the choice of the second child is that he gets burned.  Either way, it was their choice.

Have a blessed day."

Get help, Anon.  Demonizing children is a very sick thing to do.  

:flame:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #221 on: April 11, 2004, 06:40:00 PM »
Stoning kids to death because God told you to is not obedience.  It is a delusional disorder.  Scary isn't it?

:scared:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #222 on: April 11, 2004, 07:30:00 PM »

"

Have a blessed day."

This is beyond scary, it is satanic.  Demonizing children and forcing them to love Jesus for fear that if they don't, their parents won't love them?  Good God, what IS this world coming to when selling Jesus out is considered "responsible parenting"?  Anon, I think YOU are the one who should be praying for mercy.  Jesus is not your employer.  

:smokin:

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #223 on: April 11, 2004, 08:10:00 PM »

And I put it to you that, for the most part, the kids who and up burning themselves a little bit learn quicker and sometimes with less consequences than the ones who are forced through 'behavior modification'.  Again I turn to myself and my daughters for an example.  My oldest has done more drugs than I did before I went in Straight.  Not more than I have done, but more than before I went in.  She has been afforded the luxury of learning from her mistakes....and they have been large and plentiful.....but she is learning at 18 what I've been trying to learn in my..ahem, more 'mature' years :razz: .  I would much[/b] rather have learned harshly but early[/b] life's lessons.  I was never given the choice.  I think I"ve said this before too, but I look at my daughters and I'm ecstatically happy for them and what they are doing with their lives, but I must admit that I'm a little envious of what they are getting to experience that I was denied.  I was telling my husband that the girls are at the ages that I began to lose my life....16 my youngest (I was 16 when I went in) and 18 my oldest (I was 18 when I got out).  It has really began to trigger a lot for me, on various levels.  It's scary for me to sit back and let these girls live their own lives.  I HATE some of the things they do.  I can't tell you how many sleepless nights I've spent over them and there are still more to come.  But I see them growing with every step they take.  Even if they are HUGE steps backwards, I try not to make the 'be all end all' of life.  I know pro-program people are going to think that I haven't been through the really rough stuff with my kids, but trust me.....I have.  I'm not talking trivial stuff here, I've been through suicidal periods, moving out with loser boyfriends, more drugs than I care to think about...but I've had the strength, somehow, to allow them to see themselves through to the other side of whatever it is that they are going through...one of the many things that we were denied.  I can't tell you how healing that has been for me and I can't tell you how much further along these kids are than I ever DREAMED of being at their respective ages.  And that's not to say that there aren't plenty of rough times ahead...I'm sure there are, but I've built a foundation with them from mutual trust and respect.   I think those of us who are survivors and[/b] parents have a unique perspective on this.  At least now I know what NOT to do with my kids.  

A vote for GW is a vote for America's Führer.
--Anonymous (it's best that way...)

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
AA Abundant Life Academy
« Reply #224 on: April 11, 2004, 08:13:00 PM »

"
 Take a small child, for instance. You can tell the child the stove burner is hot over and over. Some children trust their parents enough to accept the parents teaching and trying to protect them from getting burned. Others do not and subsequently touch the hot burner and get burned. The consequenses of the choice of the first child in this scenario is the he doesn't get hurt. The consequenses of the choice of the second child is that he gets burned. Either way, it was their choice.

Yes, in that scenareo, the stove burns the child. I agree with you that children should be allowed to make some mistakes and reap the benefits or consequences of them.

But that's completely different from contriving a lot of artificial consequences to try and coerce someone into doing what you think is God's will. To extend your scenareo to cover the Troubled Parent industry, it would be like if the kid approached the stove, tying them to a chair and buring them with a hot iron till they learn good and well to take your word for it. That just seems ungodly to me.

Errors, like straws, upon the surface flow;

He who would search for perls must dive below.

Prolougue (from preface to
Anonymity Anonymous
"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes