Author Topic: Getting over it.  (Read 7824 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #45 on: March 24, 2004, 07:37:00 PM »
On 2004-03-24 14:00:00, Anonymous wrote:

"I personally am all for nudity whenever possible."

Good for you, so am I...  :wink:
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #46 on: March 24, 2004, 08:03:00 PM »
Now THAT'S what I call art!
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #47 on: March 24, 2004, 08:22:00 PM »
Alright, the only problem I have with people posting shit like this is that it makes me feel OLD!!!   ::mecry::

Necessity never made a good bargain
--Benjamin Franklin Apr. 1734

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Getting over it.
« Reply #48 on: March 24, 2004, 09:01:00 PM »
Me too. You wanna feel really, really old? She's damned near our age! Life's not fair, is it?

Whenever the General Government assumes undelegated powers, its acts are unauthoritative, void, and of no force.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson: Kentucky Resolutions, 1798

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline Cayo Hueso

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #49 on: March 24, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »
gee thank's Ginger, I needed to hear that[/b].

If it is believed that... elementary schools will be better managed by the governor and council, the commissioners of the literary fund or any other general authority of the government than by the parents within each ward, it is a belief against all experience.
http://laissezfairebooks.com/product.cfm?op=view&pid=FF7485&aid=10247' target='_new'>Thomas Jefferson

t. Pete Straight
early 80s

Offline Opiod_Morphina

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #50 on: March 25, 2004, 07:29:00 AM »
On 2004-03-23 10:27:00, Maude wrote:

"
you could also log off this website if it "takes away from your own well being and mental stability"?

Right you are! All I?m saying is, that all of our active pursuits are our own personal choices. If you constantly seek out conflict, anger, rage, and hatred, you?ll always find it. There is a happy medium. Very little in life is all or nothing.

Of course the world doesn?t go away, with the avoidance of negativity. The choice to do so however, can be very elucidating, and rewarding. Marinating in hatred isn't my idea of living.

Maude: A lot of people enjoy being dead. But they're not dead, really. They're just... backing away from life. Reach out. Take a chance. Get hurt, even! Play as well as you can. Go team! GO! Give me an L! Give me an I! Give me a V! Give me an E! L-I-V-E, LIVE! Otherwise, you got nothing to talk about in the locker room.

--Harold and Maude, 1971

"

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:
What in God\'s name have you done?
Stick your arm for some real fun
So your sickness weighs a ton
And God\'s name is smack for some

Offline whiterabbit

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #51 on: March 25, 2004, 11:34:00 PM »
i understand what you are saying. This is not necessarily a healthy place to settle in and get comfortable. Not a good idea to let this become straight part 2. Don't let them continue to take. All true. I noted that to myself early on. Take what is useful and helpful here and let the rest go.It's good advice and I intend to take it.

Sounds like you are in a different phase-no pun intended. Good for you. Sincerely. I am still in the "What do you mean he's NOT ACTUALLY a DOCTOR" and "there's a SURVIVOR's website?"phase.
 I am also grieving the loss of my husband. He died in a motorcycle accident 8 mos ago.The impetus for my therapy.

So I am cleaning out my closet. Dragging the skeletons out into the daylight so that I 'm not afraid to look in there anymore. So that I can start over. Move forward.

Fresh beauty opens one's eyes wherever it is really seen, but the very abundance and completeness of the common beauty that besets our steps prevents its being absorbed and appreciated. It is a good thing, therefore, to make short excursions now and then to the bottom of the sea among dulse and coral, or up among the clouds on mountain-tops, or in balloons, or even to creep like worms into dark holes and caverns underground, not only to learn something of what is going on in those out-of-the-way places, but to see better what the sun sees on our return to common everyday beauty.
-- John Muir

traight Incorporated is a disease

Offline Opiod_Morphina

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2004, 06:43:00 AM »
Her mother used to hit her
To an uncontrolled consumption of an absolute solution
Experience with drug abuse
Taking this drug of peace
Slowly taking its toll

Never question, love thru addiction
Collecting this emptiness
Recollect a calm self-centered guess
Every broken promise
To bleed the soul free
Faith is not the answer
A promise that must end

Left her standing to face her own way
Face to face

Thought you could...
Never thought you would...
Fall this steep

Overdose intentional
5 or 6 times
For reasons being to die

Broken out fight
Unable to focus

Late night on knees
Scraping scarred brush burns
A lethal move for ecstasy

Lying curled-up in the corner of the bathroom
Hung over from the night before
A wrong signal for an intertwined love affair
Putting yourself in a disaster over a childish dare
Eyes opening to smooth trail of blood on the floor
Leading to the trash can next to the door

You wanted to be intimate...he wanted to fuck
Skill of prostitution down the drain for one more dose

Indulge in the innocence of each other's addiction
Sitting next to your mate doing drug time
Vintage lust for a lost modern age
What in God\'s name have you done?
Stick your arm for some real fun
So your sickness weighs a ton
And God\'s name is smack for some

Offline Antigen

• View Profile
    • http://wwf.Fornits.com/
Getting over it.
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2004, 02:16:00 PM »
On 2004-03-25 20:34:00, whiterabbit wrote:

I am also grieving the loss of my husband. He died in a motorcycle accident 8 mos ago.The impetus for my therapy.

I'm sorry to hear that.  :cry: I suppose a loss like that tends to make you re-evaluate just about everything.

Unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution, the time will come when medicine will organize an undercover dictatorship. To restrict the art of healing to one class of men, and deny equal privilege to others, will be to constitute the Bastille of medical science. All such laws are un-American and despotic, and have no place in a Republic. The Constitution of this Republic should make special privilege for medical freedom as well as religious freedom.
--Abridged quote-Benjamin Rush, M.D., a signer of the Declaration of Independence

"Don\'t let the past remind us of what we are not now."
~ Crosby Stills Nash & Young, Sweet Judy Blue Eyes

Offline whiterabbit

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2004, 08:56:00 PM »
Absolutely everything.past present and future. :cry:

A multitude of laws in a country is like a great number of physicians, a sign of weakness and malady.

--Voltaire, philosopher (1694-1778)

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2004, 10:03:00 PM »
Darren was in a car accident. Given the circumstances, you sound like you're doing pretty well. I'm so very sorry for your loss. Often he's the first thing I go to sleep thinking about, or fresh on my mind each morning. My daughter's getting older, and misses him more. Yearns to spend time with, and know a Daddy that she'll never get a chance to. I think about this all the time. She actually cries for him now. She knows now she doesn't know him. She remembers him, but it wasn't enough. It?s taken over two years for her to truly realize. I tell her about him all the time. She was nine when it happened. She's so much like him, that it's a constant reminder of how funny he was, and how we interacted and loved each other. I talk to her in the voice ?we? used to talk to each other in, she?s learned it and talks back. Three years later doesn't take much of it away, but I?m not breaking down all the time like I did almost constantly the first two years. It's the early morning or late at night now that I?ll have these crazy irrational thoughts like, worrying about him getting dirty, or imagining his disintegration progress. Slowly letting it slip further away into time. Feeling sorry for everything he's missing, wanting to turn back clocks daily. Does any of that make sense? I often see him on the slab again, and remember the feeling of desperation of you wanting him to wake up. I go through the funeral in my mind. I still worry about him. I cry privately now, except where his mother is concerned. We?ve shared lots of tears. You really do re-think what matters in life when things like this happen. It changes your heart.  Anyway, I?m babbling... I really feel where you're coming from. Take care.

Offline whiterabbit

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2004, 09:53:00 AM »
i am so sorry for your loss. It is so hard to lose someone you love.
 David was in a motorcycle accident. They never would let me see him. I could have insisted but we had talked about things like that. He lost his father at 19 and then his sister a month later to a drunk driver. He wished he had never seen her. Said if anything ever happened to him, he wanted to be remembered alive. Still it is hard to not see him one last time. I'd give anything to have been able to hold his hand touch him or just look at him. Just to say goodbye. We have 2 sons. Robbie is now 17 and Ryan is 13. Robbie screamed and cried. Put holes in our walls. And still does from time to time. Ryan grieves in silence. I worry about him. He is seeing  a therapist as well. He is so much like his dad, even looks just like him. It tears me up sometimes just looking at him. I ache every day for David. I cannot yet imagine my future without him. So I'm taking it a day at a time, believing that one day it will be better.

No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the sources of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0679737898/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>P. J. O'Rourke

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2004, 12:11:00 PM »
I'm so sorry for yours also. My daughter went to see him too. She asked me to take her after she'd found out that I'd gone. She held his hand and actually said, ?Good-bye Daddy.? Given the circumstances of the accident, it was kind of a mystery as to how it actually happened for the first couple of weeks. His body was found 180 feet, across a whole other road, in the middle of a field. Officers first on the scene didn't even realize there was a body, it was dark, and so far from the car. Because of the weird circumstances, they looked into it as a possible homicide. His injuries were so minor for a fatal car accident, it almost appeared that he'd been beaten, and dragged away. No scratches, or cuts. Just a broken arm, left sided bruising, and a hole in the back of his head. His face was untouched, except for his right ear. None of the windows of the car were broken either, it was bizarre. Sense I didn't know what had really happened, I had to see him. I was in denial, my first instinct was to blame someone else for this happening. Weeks later the investigating officer explained the accident  to me. He lost control for a second, and flipped the car at an incline his left front tire had caught, the driver?s door flew open while flipping, catapulting his body 180 feet to his death. I saw several pictures. I don't like seeing them in my head now, but part of me so desperately wanted to know exactly what happened.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2004, 01:39:00 PM »
it does seem so important to know exactly what happened. Part of the grief process they say. Like the need to tell the story. I have yet to receive the medical examiner's report but the ME filled me in. David lost control coming into a corner too fast. His bike hit the berm, broke the wheel  and went onto it's side. He slid into a guardrail, face first.The bike barely looked damaged outside of the broken rim and things sheered off on one side. He took the full force of the impact and was killed instantly. I'm glad he didn't suffer.That thought used to keep me awake at night until I knew. My son went to the accident sight that night. I was afraid to let him go but he seemed to really need to. He brought home pieces of the motorcycle, David's sunglasses, the chin strap from the helmet. It has been a slow and difficult goodbye for all of us. Sometimes I think seeing him would have been better but given the nature of the accident I just don't know. I might be worse off having that image in my mind.

Hope you and your daughter are healing well.

Oops forgot to log in
whiterabbit

Offline ehm

• View Profile
Getting over it.
« Reply #59 on: March 31, 2004, 11:52:00 AM »
You too.  ::heart::