Author Topic: edited name out  (Read 2493 times)

Offline The Motivator

• View Profile
edited name out
« on: March 16, 2004, 08:06:00 PM »
Noel and I are very close friends and he came up to Cinci from St. Pete's with a handful of unlucky teens. If you are out there let me know and when he is back in town I'll try to jog his memories a bit and even create correspondence.

John
KHK 83'-84'

can you relate?

don't act nervous, they might start you over[ This Message was edited by: The Motivator on 2004-03-22 06:13 ]
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
quot;Let\'s have a song\"

Offline RTP2003

• View Profile
edited name out
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2004, 09:16:00 PM »
I wasn't in Straight with Noel, but he I met him after I had been out for about six months or so. It was probably May 1984.  I was under the influence of psychedelics, hanging out on Atlantic Beach with some friends when we noticed these guys shooting off fireworks on the beach.  We went over to watch and ended up having a few  beers and a couple of joints.  I forget how Straight came up in our conversation, but we were both freaked to meet someone else who had been through that hell and was finally free.  We drank toasts to freedom and he and his friend came to a party in town the next night.  I saw them again about a month later when he and his girlfriend came back down to Florida to live.  I think they moved to Ft. Pierce for a while but I later heard he had moved back to Ohio.  I'd love to hear from him.  It was a lot of fun partying with another non-Straightling. :smokin:
RTP2003 fought in defense of the Old Republic

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
    • http://straightincalumni.com
edited name out
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2004, 07:59:00 AM »
I knew Noel Speece. I was one of the unfortunate clients that traveled from St. Pete to Cincinnati to open that branch.

He was on 5th Phase when I came in. He and Keith Ellis were best friends and both lived in the Dayton, OH area.

Not sure if he'd remember me. Ask him.

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline The Motivator

• View Profile
edited name out
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2004, 11:49:00 AM »
Don,
Thanks for your reply. Noel is not online yet but I'll help him with this when he returns to Ohio in May.
I was on the receiving end of  tough love at KHK 83-84

I'll post more soon.

John

Offline The Motivator

• View Profile
edited name out
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2004, 09:17:00 PM »
I remember Keith E. when he was a real badass in school. He was one of the guys that you just didn't fuck with or you'd get your ass kicked in a hurry. I had not yet begun my KHK experience when KE wound up in my high school english class. I couldn't believe it was the same dude. Hair parted on the side and shit. I passed it off and had no idea that in a few weeks my bags were to be packed (w/out my knowledge) and I was going to take a college test somewhere outside of Cincinnati.
The parents drop me off and say that they'll be back later. 3 hours later (in the in-take room of course) they return after I found out where I'd be staying for the next few weeks/months/years.

And a real Kick-Ass time was had from then on.

OK..................."you got a friend" girls side only.
Tuna (mystery meat potato chip casserole suprise) again?

John

Offline The Motivator

• View Profile
edited name out
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2004, 09:26:00 PM »
RTP2003,

Thanks for your reply. I'll hook you guys up when he moves back and gets the computer I gave him up and running. He's a super friend of mine.......one of my best druggie buddies in fact...............I'd call him family now.

What would the program say about that?........meaningful friendships with druggie friends?
Rubbish

He got his Masters and is teaching HS art on a reservation in Arizona. He will be moving out of the desert for many reasons and coming home soon. It will be good to have him home and I'll hook you two up.

peace and best regards,

John

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
edited name out
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2004, 03:13:00 AM »
Ya, Keith was a bad ass.  He got that from his older brother Dean.

Keith was the very first friend I made in Straight.  In fact he was my best friend.  I was never his best friend though.  He was loved and admired by all at Straight.

He was smart enough to go through PT but declined the promotion to Staff.

Last I hear he's living in Miamisburg, Ohio divorced with a least two daughters.

I don't have a best friend anymore.  Don't believe in them.  Don't wanna get hurt again.

Don
t\'s not for me to question How God will provide for my needs. I only have to Know that He will.

Offline The Motivator

• View Profile
edited name out
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2004, 12:14:00 AM »
bump

Offline Don Smith

• View Profile
edited name out
« Reply #8 on: December 16, 2005, 06:11:00 AM »
Bumping this one.  Any update or word from Noel?

Don

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
edited name out
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2005, 06:41:00 AM »

I don't have a best friend anymore.  Don't believe in them.  Don't wanna get hurt again.

Don"

yeah, friendships suck.

Offline ex-prisoner

• View Profile
edited name out
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2005, 05:55:00 PM »
On 2004-03-18 00:13:00, Don Smith wrote:

"I don't have a best friend anymore.  Don't believe in them.  Don't wanna get hurt again.

Don"

Don, what happened with your best friend?