Author Topic: Atlanta - 2221 Austell Rd wasn't it? Stop in and say hullo!  (Read 788 times)

Offline Hagrid

• View Profile
Atlanta - 2221 Austell Rd wasn't it? Stop in and say hullo!
« on: March 02, 2004, 05:10:00 AM »
My name is Glen Sutherland
I was there from 12/19/1986 till April or May 88.
I Seven stepped with Jill Fields.
For better or for worse, I really did love some folks there, and I hope you all are doing well, but I know some of the events have scarred us forever.  Please forgive me if I was part of any of that.  I would love to know who all is around and how you are doing.  I am 35 and still have no idea what the heck I am supposed to do or how Straight effected me. I still to this day have not "used" since my intake. I have no idea if I am an addict, but it has been 18 years and I don't want to find out now. My life is so easily screwed up with out the extra hassle.  The greatest thing I did after Straight was follow my dream to go to medical school. This was a great accomplishment because I am really learning disabled.  However, I failed out.  I am 35 ? 20 years after Straight, and I just got started over.  I suppose that is not normal for most folks to fell that way, but pretty normal for us survivors when anything similar happens.  After all the bullshit, and startovers for no reason, as I was never full of shit, but staff thought I was so, they would randomly start me over.  Or maybe they perceived my parents as having money and the fortitude to keep me their for as long as it took.  Clearly thing happened to clients for vary different reasons that Straight told us.  I am not really bitter, it was so long ago, but it does affect me still.  One thing it did is positive. I am a determined son of a bitch now.  Nothing I face in life will even be as arbitrary, as difficult, or as point and mind fucking as that place.  So, I failed out of medical school, I am not deterred. I will go to the Caribbean and try again.

Peace,
Glen
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »