Author Topic: edited  (Read 11921 times)

Offline ehm

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2004, 01:49:00 PM »
On 2004-01-15 21:13:00, jnloar wrote:

"Morli,

Remember how crazy I was about sweet Stephen?  I knew I never had a chance because he was so crazy about you.  I remember our first real conversation about how I felt and how amazingly kind and understanding you were.  Why do I think we had that convo sitting in a closet somewhere? I also believe I know the true Stephen and it breaks my heart to think of him and how Straight took so much of him away.  He was my champion while I sat on fifth phase for over 18 months with Will Woods always telling me I was FOS and would not commence until I got honest.  Stephen was so dear to me - we went to school together out in Rockwall and he would drive me into the building and his pep talks about not giving in were like little presents for me.  I wish I knew what he ever saw in the crazed wench Tracy.  I remember driving him out to her house in BFE somewhere to get some of his stuff and she totally flipped and followed us down the street screaming trying to jump on the back of my car.  He did love you - it was always so apparent.  I remember some song by The Cure or The Smith's that he always said was Leslie's song but I cannot remember for the life of me what it was.  I loved him and Jeffery Spearman so much - they were so fine to me and they would both pull me out of raps if they knew that Will was going to try to confront me in front of group and let lower phasers confront me.  They both were so dear and had such true tenderness and goodness in their souls.  I know it was the guilt and confusion that came from having their souls stripped that led them to true addiction (as it seems to have done to so many others) once they left Straight.  They actually were instrumental in me finally getting the idea of brain washing wrapped around my brain and help to gain an understanding of how I could have ever been such a vicious bitch as a upper phaser and staff member.  I remember the deprogrammer that I worker with asking me one day if there was anyone in Straight that I truly thought was a good person who had just been made "evil" (which is how I saw myself) because of Straight.  Immediately I said Stephen Brooks and Jeffery Spearman.  We talked about how we had all succombed to the 'survival process' and become victims of the cultish ways.  I give some credit to those two beautiful souls with helping me find forgiveness for myself and be honest enough in these posts and others to state how much self hatred I felt and make amends to those I hurt because of that place.  I cried for hours when I read that Jeffery had OD'ed.  Just FYI...I looked up Stephanie in the Texas State Bar listing and she must have gotten married or stopped practicing because she is not listed as a practicing attorney in Texas.  I also have done some searching for Stephen in SA and found a few Stephen's and Steve's listed but have been too chicken shit to call them.  I worry that if he has gotten on his feet that any blast from the past would knock him down and I would never want to do that to him.  I will pass them on to you privately if you want them.  Take sweet care friend.

Jen"

thank you sweetheart...
lovesong - the cure
still makes me think of him too...
send me a pm with the numbers..., although, i have searched and called too, to no avail.
i'd love to talk jen, if you want my number, just say the word, and it's yours. ::heart::  ::kiss::

"I predict, Sir, that you will die either by hanging or of some vile disease."
 "That all depends, sir, upon whether I embrace your principles or your mistress."
--Disraeli to Gladstone

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline ehm

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2004, 01:55:00 PM »
i loved jeff so much too, he was a doll, and so funny and cute. poor darling. RIP sweet boy.  ::heart::

Do you support drug prohibition because it finances criminals at home or because it finances terrorists abroad?
--Anonymous

Offline ehm

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2004, 02:00:00 PM »
On 2004-01-16 07:12:00, Anonymous wrote:

"
Stephen was so dear to me

Stephen will always hold a special place in my heart. We were gay lovers, and he was the best I ever had!  :smokin: "

that's just wonderful... lucky you... :smile:

Nothing is denied to well-directed labor, and nothing is ever to be
attained without it.
--Joshua Reynolds (1723-1792)

Offline ehm

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2004, 02:09:00 PM »
On 2004-01-16 00:25:00, Therion wrote:

"Dammit you just skated my question again...

Dont derail my question...

Then we can go back to Steve locating...

[ This Message was edited by: Therion on 2004-01-16 00:26 ]"

what question?

me?

If you want a voluntary urine sample from me it'll have to be a taste test.
--Bumper Sticker

Offline Therion

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2004, 06:11:00 PM »
Was talking to Timmy...although he answered that question already..but we were stoned and I had forgot we talked about it...

But go back to page 1 or 2 and read my staff questions...
And answer them if you can..
aving the way for the new breed of bad seed

Offline Therion

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »
Im gonna have to stick up for Jenn Loar..
She was mean at Straight..but I think she really thought that was the way to hold people accountable..

I have had contact with her recently and she is very regretful and sweet..
 She feel bad for being mean and has expressed alot of remorse...And hats good enough for me...her slate is clean IMO....

If I ever got that from Steve Brooks or Kathy David I would feel so much better....

Jenn has acknowledged she was mean...15 years ago..and has apologized
 And I know she posts here and reads these...I for one accept her apology and accept her as human and a friend I hope others can do the same...
 I dont see alot of others coming here and apologizing and reaching out to people, and that says alot about her character to me...

I still like you Jenn :wink:

Offline Therion

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2004, 06:26:00 PM »
Im gonna have to stick up for Jenn Loar..
She was mean at Straight..but I think she really thought that was the way to hold people accountable..

I have had contact with her recently and she is very regretful and sweet..
 She feel bad for being mean and has expressed alot of remorse...And hats good enough for me...her slate is clean IMO....

If I ever got that from Steve Brooks or Kathy David I would feel so much better....

Jenn has acknowledged she was mean...15 years ago..and has apologized
 And I know she posts here and reads these...I for one accept her apology and accept her as human and a friend I hope others can do the same...
 I dont see alot of others coming here and apologizing and reaching out to people, and that says alot about her character to me...

I still like you Jenn :wink:

Offline taureana

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »
I wasn't bagging on her.  I was just stating facts.  The way it was then.

I've read her posts, too.  Actually, I did a search on Dallas Straight and her post apologizing for that crap was the first one that I read and actually recognized who it was that was talking.

I sat for 20 minutes just crying like a baby.  I felt that it was truly sincere, and I took it to heart.  Out of all the girls' side, she was the person that probably hurt me the most.

I sent her an email just pouring my heart out to her, but it came back, and by the time it came back, I thought maybe what I had said in it was pointless and that's why it came back.

I hope to God some day our paths do cross, so I can hug her neck. She was trained to be a bitch and she was successful at it.

I couldn't imagine her not being successful at anything she puts her mind to.

Offline Therion

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2004, 02:29:00 AM »
Darkness always calls my name..a pawn in this recurring game..........

Offline jnloar

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2004, 07:49:00 PM »
Sweet Brad - you are such a doll to stick up for me.  I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time.  Please send me a PM if I can do anything to lend you some encouragement or can do anything else for you.  Kelly, I am glad you were able to read my post and hope you know how truly sorry I am for the pain and shame I exposed you to. Reading about people who I know I had a direct impact on and knowing they have found some sembelance of understanding and happiness in their lives does make my heart smile and I am so glad you met a man who treats you exactly the way you deserve.

I am going to only be speaking for myself here - as much as it hurts my heart to read about what a bitch I was, I feel strongly that this forum is made for exactly those kinds of releases.  I know how mean and vicious I was and it causes me plenty of guilt, shame and sadness but let's call a spade a spade...that was my job, what they trained me to do and I got plenty of ego from the fact that I recieved praise from staff for doing such a 'good job' of holding people accountable...makes me gag today.  Why do you think I was one who did OMR and CMR so much and not the feely raps?  I am not proud of it by any stretch of imagination but look at how different people's perceptions are of different people.  Timmy liked Will Woods - I would have raged against him had I ever had the chance - he was horrid to me.  Stephen and Jeff Spearman had the same rep I did and Timmy did not like Jeff because he rode him like crazy, yet those two helped me so much to just hang on.  Will would confront me on being a fat, spoiled, ugly brat and without fail, within 24 hours one of them would have taken me out of group on a 1:1, usually outside to tell me to ignore him and that I was none of the things he drilled into my head.  I had a huge soft spot for Tripp Wall because his parents were friends with mine and my dad's best friend who lives in Denver.  I think Timmy did a great job of describing staff as far as the training and responsibilities.  We were not given people to pick on but we did have lists of people to deal with and we each did it our own way - mine was 98% of the time mean and sarcastic.  The rage I had against that place that I had completely swallowed came out all over people when I was on staff.  I remember vividly when that rage came and stayed.  When I was on 1st phase - I talked in girls rap about being molested as a child and being raped at 14. When we got back into regular group they stood me up and ripped me for lying and sat me on the guy's side.  I FREAKED OUT and was restrained by five guys - great therapy for someone who had been raped 5 months prior...I was sat over there for 2 weeks and I know that is when the true rape of my pysche happened and I just gave in. Some may say it was a survivor method to collapse into their way of thinking - I just knew I had to protect myself and if it meant screaming, raging or whatever else I would do it.  As far as going on staff, I won't use the excuse I had to - I was brainwashed completely by that time and honestly at that time I had no idea of what a world without Straight would be.  My parents supported it, I had no friends other than people in Straight and I truly thought I believed in Straight at that time.  I know that is SO hard for you to understand.  I think that being on 4th and 5th phase the true conversion was sealed.  You were given some power again over lower phasers and a little bit more praise from staff.  The place was set up to make everyone believe they were absolute shit and the only way to redeem yourself was to be "straight" and 4th and 5th is when this 'redeeming' started but the catch was you had to live the 'straight' way or you were ostracised and put back on 1st phase.  The place was completely fucked and there is no logical explanation for staff or the treatment we dished out.  I so wish there was a way to help you understand.  I still struggle with it - it is by far the part of Staight that haunts me the worst.  I can deal with what happened to me - I had to or I would have been stuck forever but accepting that I ever was part of ripping other's souls apart still eats me when I allow myself to wallow too much.  All I can do is focus on who I am today and know that I do my best every day to nurture as many people I can and make this world a bit better.  I cannot speak for Kathy David - I did not know her that well.  I do feel that I can speak for Stephen as I knew him out of Straight and I can only tell you that who he was outside of that building was 180' from the staff memeber he presented.  I believe that part of why he never recovered from that place and kept returning to drugs is because he could not live with the guilt.  I hope that will help you as I feel very certain that if he could express his emotions about his behavior it would be similiar to mine and he would hope for all those who were hurt by him to know he was searching as much as the rest of us and surviving the only way he knew how to after being in that hellhole.  I know how hard that is to accept and if I can help you in any other way please let me know.  To return to my original thought, I encourage people to vent about the staff who hurt them, even it was me because I know it is essential for healing to take place.  If old staff reads it, they have two choices and I hope they will be able to handle the truth of what they were in Straight and allow others to heal and not try to deny that they caused plenty of pain, regardless of the fact that they were products of the program also.  I know I was a product of evil but I also was part of it and will not try to offer up anything other than how sorry I am and had I known then what I do today I would have been trying to rescue them not hurt them.  Hang in there sweet Brad - and seriously - let me know if I can help.
Jennifer

Offline Therion

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2004, 08:00:00 PM »
I guess really it shouldnt matter at this point..
 Ill put it this way...If getting yelled at in Straight was the worst part of your life, consider yourself lucky..

I know people that have been in the Penn for 20 years...know people on Life parole...shitlike that..

Offline taureana

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2004, 08:27:00 PM »
F. Y. I.

Getting yelled at in Straight was not the worst part of my life.

Offline Therion

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2004, 09:30:00 PM »
I didint mean you...I meant any of us...
Cuz I still am mad at people...just saying..

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2004, 02:30:00 AM »
I am lucky because the only person I truely hated and would hit in the mouth from than is Jeff Spearman.  And he's dead ::heart::  ::heart::

Offline glider

• View Profile
edited
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2004, 04:18:00 AM »
The guy that would tell all these stories about how he used to kill animals in his past. He was an asshole, mean-spirited and cruel. Did any of you guys know him outside of Straight? Also, for some reason, I can't remember who Jeff Spearman is. I can't imagine he was before my time (nov 88)I'm curious about Warren Kendedy, he was a true believer if there ever was one.  I really liked shelly, didn't care for Garrett. Timmy, you weren't so bad. you were my old commer a few times. I felt a huge sigh of relief when Ed or Bob would lead a rap, I knew them both before Straight, and they were easy on me. Craig i fell indifferent about. lets see, there was also paul and mike and justin. Paul wasn't so bad. Brad M. wasn't so bad either. Wasn't Kathy's drug list booze and caffiene?
I felt so sorry for Greg P. and there was also some girl I can't remember her name that were like the scapegoats of group.  If we couldn't think of anybody to yell at, we could always pick on them. Everybody was happy that they were being yelled at because at least its not you!
As far as Steve goes, I  truly hated him, It's a great act of my imagination for me to imagine a nonabusive and friendly Steve Brooks but I know I've changed a lot since then also.
Jennifer, I'm so glad you found this forum, we've talked privately and it has meant more than you know. You're alright in my book.
Also, I'm wondering if anybody remembers Suzanne Ro****i?  She was a friend of mine.
John W.
Dallas and LA