Author Topic: Desisto School  (Read 80135 times)

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2004, 10:38:00 PM »
:wave:Hello it is not about I wrote,and I am not ignorant are you speaking for your self? And in the first place I am not fighting whoever you are we have our own opinion and I respect whatever you say and in return you need to respect my opinion also.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2004, 10:47:00 PM »
I know who you are you are a former student who ranaway and didn't graduate from the school.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2004, 10:48:00 PM »
I know who you are you are a former student who ranaway and didn't graduate from the school. :wstupid:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2004, 07:40:00 AM »
:question:  :wstupid:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2004, 08:56:00 PM »
Because I know who are you and you need to stop your bloody mouth :exclaim:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2004, 10:20:00 PM »
:question: This is not a dorm meeting; there's no one to hold me down now :razz:

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2004, 10:51:00 AM »
the school like the surgery is not any less valid due to the fact that some success was realized, while there were also some failures.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2004, 08:43:00 PM »
"This is not a fixit shop for kids"
            A. Michael DeSisto c.1980

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #113 on: November 28, 2004, 09:26:00 PM »
Someone immediatly for the sake of those children let the Florida Authorities know what happened in MA, about McNear and folks, and tell them to call the Office of Child Care Services in Massachusetts they can and will share any and all information with the Florida Authorities and or licensing or oversight agencies there.  It is all public record.  They can pack up and move, run and hide, but the public state records tell the truth.  You can all continue to complain on this web board or have the guts to do something about this program Desisto or whatever it is called now, for the kids do it.  I know I will but one person is not enough, it was one person who wrote the complaint that Desisto was not licensed in MA and look what happened.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #114 on: November 28, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »
I've done my bit for queen and country already, but would be willing to sign on to any letter writing campaign if you were to supply the relevant leads here. What gets me is not convincing the outside world that TDS was/ and is  illegal immoral travesty, but convincing the students that parents that sent them  there. Case and point: I hadn't met this girl in almost 20 years and commented how the scar on her face was gone. She looked at me like huh? I then had to recount to her how AMD himself had put that scar on her face with the college ring of his fist. She had completely repressed that memory. I have many other examples. AMD also made verbal sexual advances to me and showed me his penis in the presence of others. I defy anyone to prove that any accusation ever made about TDS was  essentially the unembellished truth, and not to be regarded  dismissively as the rambling of sneaky or manipulative kids as the school would like you parents and public to believe.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #115 on: December 08, 2004, 09:04:00 PM »
ALL TALK NO ACTION, GO AHEAD DO NOTHING, WHEN ANOTHER KIDS SWALLOWS RAZOR BLADES, BECOMES PREGNANT FROM A STAFF MEMBER, RUNS AND GETS KILLED, LET IT HIT THE PAPERS AND LET ISIC OR ISSAC WHATEVER THEY CALL THEMSELVES TAKE CREDIT FOR IT, EVEN IN DC THEY ARE LOOKED AT LIKE JOKES EVERYONE KEEP POSTING AND DO NOTHING.  AT LEAST I HAVE MADE IT MY LIFE KEEPING OR TRYING TO KEEP KIDS SAFE FROM THIS CRAP.

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2004, 10:05:00 AM »
Whatever is left of the school is running on fumes. I don't think it'll be too long before they close up for good. There'll be an infusion of cash from the sale of Stockbridge when it finally closes, but knowing the school, the money has already been spent, and borrowed upon already.

Offline Nihilanthic

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2004, 11:45:00 AM »
On 2004-12-08 18:04:00, Anonymous wrote:

"ALL TALK NO ACTION, GO AHEAD DO NOTHING, WHEN ANOTHER KIDS SWALLOWS RAZOR BLADES, BECOMES PREGNANT FROM A STAFF MEMBER, RUNS AND GETS KILLED, LET IT HIT THE PAPERS AND LET ISIC OR ISSAC WHATEVER THEY CALL THEMSELVES TAKE CREDIT FOR IT, EVEN IN DC THEY ARE LOOKED AT LIKE JOKES EVERYONE KEEP POSTING AND DO NOTHING.  AT LEAST I HAVE MADE IT MY LIFE KEEPING OR TRYING TO KEEP KIDS SAFE FROM THIS CRAP.  "

Dude, I know how you feel, but there is only so much you can do unless its YOUR kid, or YOUR RELATIVES KID, in the program! There isn't going to be some blockbuster courtcase or some man on fire scenario played out. Its also difficult to just go out and say "bla bla bla dont send your kids here" and get people to listen to you. Advertisements would cost a LOT of money, and you'd get used right and left by the programs, and now, Dr. Phil. :roll:

It takes a lot of time to get through to the lawmakers and parents, and unless you feel like stealing a bus and doing an "I'll be back" (and breaking the law, might I add) AND risking just making it harder for everyone, you're going to have to accept a lot of them are just fucking TRAPPED in there and there isn't a damn thing that can be done as long as their parents are comfortable with the situation.

It really, really, really sucks. I try to block it out. But some days I get really angry or depressed, too. The best I can do is basically try to talk to people and just spread word to watch out for this, and learn what I can. Try to hope for the best, or at least try to point parents into the direction of a legit center if in their minds their children HAVE to be incarcerated and lose their childhood, and you know of one.

In any civilized society, it is every citizen's responsibility to obey just laws.  But at the same time, it is every citizen's responsibility to disobey unjust laws.
--Martin Luther King

DannyB on the internet:I CALLED A LAWYER TODAY TO SEE IF I COULD SUE YOUR ASSES FOR DOING THIS BUT THAT WAS NOT POSSIBLE.

CCMGirl on program restraints: "DON\'T TAZ ME BRO!!!!!"

TheWho on program survivors: "From where I sit I see all the anit-program[sic] people doing all the complaining and crying."

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #118 on: December 17, 2004, 12:12:00 AM »
Stockbridge is closed or is supposed to be if you know otherwise and know kids are there let us I know the state will go nuts and go get them out of there.  They are closed no longer allowed to abuse kids in MA....

Offline Anonymous

• View Profile
Desisto School
« Reply #119 on: December 17, 2004, 12:47:00 PM »
DeSisto School closes
(June 2004 Issue)

By Elinor Nelson

Following a legal fight with the state over licensing and allegations of failing to create a safe environment for its students, the DeSisto School of Stockbridge, Mass., a residential school for emotionally disturbed children is closing after 26 years of operation.

Frank McNear, DeSisto's executive director, says that about 15 of the school's students have been sent to DeSisto's San Miguel de Allende Mexico facility. DeSisto is hoping to reopen in another state by September, he says and suggests Vermont or Montana as possibilities.

McNear says that the state's regulatory agency, the Office of Child Care Services, has had a "vendetta not to license, but to close" DeSisto ever since the school litigated to be excluded from the state licensing requirement. The school lost the case in which it argued that it educated gifted children with behavioral and emotional problems and not children with special needs.

In response to allegations that DeSisto failed to properly care for its students and protect children with self-injurious behavior, including a girl who swallowed a razor blade, McNear says that "it was only about 1/20 of a razor blade and it was enclosed in plastic ... nothing happened at DeSisto that hasn't happened at every other school."

McNear says that DeSisto would succeed in another state and not in Massachusetts because "there isn't another state in the Union that has a regulatory agency that has a vendetta against us." The school's closing is "a direct result of OCCS closing admissions," and not because of any misconduct by DeSisto, McNear adds.

However, Andrea Watson, founder of Parents for Residential Reform (PFRR), a project of the Federation for Children with Special Needs, finds it "very disappointing that instead of trying to make it right, they closed up." In addition, she adds "the state was not out to get them, nor are they out to get anyone else."

Donna Rheaume, spokes-person for the Executive Office of Health and Human Services states that "DeSisto voluntarily decided to close for financial reasons and move their program to Mexico. Their attempt to blame OCCS for the school's failure to operate a safe and fiscally sound program is disappointing. However, it's typical of their approach not to take responsibility for their own actions and blame others for the school's problems."

Top | Home | Psy Jobs | CE Listings | Archives | Contact Us