Author Topic: Harkin's Bill re Restraint and Seclusion s.2020  (Read 1216 times)

Offline FreeOfCC

• View Profile
Harkin's Bill re Restraint and Seclusion s.2020
« on: February 23, 2012, 01:19:42 PM »
Harkin needs to hear about restraint/seclusion of kids in the industry.

Share Your Restraint and Seclusion Stories with Senator Harkin

I think all of you will agree that this is important for all of us to do and share with our friends and relatives.  I will post it on my MindFreedom Alaska Facebook page and my website. Begin forwarded message:
http://www.ageofautism.com/2011/12/shar ... arkin.html

Share Your Restraint and Seclusion Stories with Senator Harkin
SEEKING PARENTS WITH RESTRAINT/SECLUSION STORIES FOR U.S. SENATOR HARKIN’S STAFF
Last week, U.S. Senator Tom Harkin introduced the Keeping All Students Safe Act, S.2020, to protect students nationwide from dangerous restraint and seclusion. As the GAO (U.S. Government Accountability Office) has found, restraint/seclusion are dangerous, resulting in deaths, injuries, and trauma to children nationwide. WE ARE SEEKING LETTERS IN SUPPORT OF THE BILL FROM PARENTS THAT CAN BE SHARED WITH SENATOR HARKIN’S STAFF AND PERHAPS OTHER SENATE STAFF. WE ARE ALSO INTERESTED IN STORIES OF CHILDREN WHO WERE RESTRAINED OR SECLUDED AND WHO MIGHT HAVE BEEN HELPED IF THE BILL WAS LAW. You do not have to have a story to send a letter.

Please email Jessica Butler, [email protected] . For those on yahoo groups and other systems that cut off email addresses, my email address is jessica (at) jnba-dot-net

Thank you,

Jessica Butler
Congressional Affairs Coordinator
Autism National Committee
21 years of advocating for the rights of people with autism and related disabilities
email: [email protected].
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »