Author Topic: Seen any good Japanime movies ???  (Read 1639 times)

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
Seen any good Japanime movies ???
« on: October 30, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »
I got the oppurtunity to see Akira at Tampa Theatre a few years back.
Do you know of any Mid Fi or Hi Fi Japanime I could watch ???
Please exclude Princess Mononoke (the director went on to direct another Excellent winner called 'Spirited Away') and Ninja Scroll.  I have yet to watch the full Ninja Resurrection.
Do you have the full series of RahXephon ???  I have one through six.
I would rather not watch Japanime Low Fi where the movement is secluded to their mouths and the rest is just still life.  I've seen Appleseed and some of Ranma 1/2.  I enjoyed what little I have seen of BubbleGum Crisis.  
Thanks a bundle bundle for your input.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2003, 10:21:00 PM »
Have you seen Kill Bill? Half way in the movie is a 10 minute japanamation clip, very good but bloody.

loved the movie....

Locate the blind spot in the culture--the place where the culture isn't looking, because it dare not--because if it were to look there, its previous values would dissolve.
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1561769118/circlofmiamithem' target='_new'>Terence McKenna

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2003, 10:36:00 PM »
My wife rented this movie recently...gee, I wonder why? (Leonardo DiCaprio)  :smokin:

[ This Message was edited by: Froderik13 on 2003-10-30 19:37 ]

Offline animals all of us

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2003, 03:03:00 AM »
KILL BILL is really
fucking good
I enjoyed the ten minute animation in the middle describing Luci Lu's character's upbringing and how she brought down the master of the Yakuza.  Man, that was some wicked kick ass shit.  sharpness in the lines and the bloodletting and facial slurs and eyeballing.
Turns out the Yakuza boss was a pedophile and that's how she finally screwed him back.  Sick stuff man.

Gogo is definitively an unforgettable character.  
And good scene near the beginning with the cereal box, too, huh.

My g/f wasn't so sure of all the gushing and splattering rivers of blood, it seems to have left her a little deer eyed and quiet about the whole experience.  I would like to see that shit again.  I loved when Lucy Lu cold slices the bosses head clean off b/c of one issue.  Frightening, surreal, and believable.
Hope Q.T. doesn't stick his dick in the potatoes for part II and get lazy.  I want the old Michael Madson from R. Dogs to be mad cool whacked and violent.  I just watched Tarantino on Conan Obrien.  That bitch kicks motherfuckin ass.
You can probably catch a lot of his movies lately with interview about Kill Bill and grindhouse flicks, especially resevoir dogs on A&E.
bet you and I could make a very convincing movie about the violence in Straight Incorporated.  NOT a documetary but the real deal and the trickery with time line out of sequence to add to the macabre ordealing.  Think about it.  
And go check out Four Rooms if you haven't yet.  Not so violent, but still damn funny excessive shit and involves Quentin's touch of writing and he also stars in it.  Bruce Willis, Tim Roth, and also Jennifer Beals (Flashdance).  Your significant other will appreciate this one more.
Know any more anime ???

Offline Froderik

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2003, 09:30:00 AM »
I like a bit of the ol' ultraviolence as much as the next guy. And I guess I wouldn't mind seeing it perpetrated by hot chicks like Lucy & Uma. I will definitely check out KILL BILL at some point or another. I saw the earlier QT stuff, and found it interesting enough. BUT, I wonder (being the skeptical dood that I am) is this new one anything more than a slick spectacle of violence without much plot or substance?

Gangs Of New York was a cool movie. I finished watching it last night. Whether or not the historical take was 100% accurate, it was thought-provoking. And the violence and characters were great! I mean, after all, we're talking about Martin Scorcese here...just my 2ยข.  :tup:

[ This Message was edited by: Froderik13 on 2003-10-31 06:32 ]

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2003, 01:47:00 PM »
I gotta believe Kill Bill 2 will be just as good. Ex-seed captive and world renowned reporter Evan Wright just did an interview with Quarantino in RS. Check it out.

But my favorite, absolute favorite character in the movie was the 19year old bodyguard of Lucy Lui.

How sexy was she?????

you Momma is a big fat's ________
--Leroy Brown

Offline kpickle39

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2003, 03:30:00 PM »
So what's up w/Evan these days?  Anyone know if the Stone article about "treatment" programs is ever gonna run?  I heard the initial draft was about 25,000 words as was edited down to about 12,000.  Still pretty long.  Evan said they would have to format a rolling stone issue around it.   I have called Evan a few times, but haven't heard back from him in a long time. Heard he was going to the middle east to cover the war on terrisom.  Hope all is well w/him.

Offline GregFL

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2003, 07:41:00 PM »
MUMS THE WORD. I haven't spoken to him in months. Last I heard the article was sold, RS intended on running it.

alas, no further info. Anyone check out his series on Iraq.  The guy is talented for an ex seedling.

:grin:

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark.  The real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.  
--Plato

Offline SyN

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2003, 02:15:00 PM »
Ghost in the Shell awesome anime flik, Blue Gender fukn rocks and anything done by Manga
A word to the wise is infuriating.\"