Author Topic: Ridge Creek "School" - Serious Safety Issues/ORS Violation  (Read 59546 times)

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
Re: Ridge Creek School - Serious Safety Issues/ORS Violation
« Reply #120 on: September 21, 2010, 08:15:05 AM »
An observation:

My inclination would be that they are presently not accepting any kids from the Justice system (No placement activity from DJJ).  As Ridge Creek slowing unfolds they initially had their licenses transferred from HLA to Ridge Creek (I believe early summer of 2009) and the easiest way to establish the school, at the onset, is to accept kids from the private sector only, shake out the bugs and address any outstanding ORS Corrective Actions and get them implemented.

Once this is up and running and they get a feel for what the response is from their out of pocket clients, predict their future months, they can develop a plan to get themselves re-licensed for DJJ and fill the remaining beds utilizing state appointed children.  The DLL license is a bit more stringent and they will be looking for RCS to clean up any past problems and have them show they have plugged the holes during the re-licensing process.

It seems that RCS plans to utilize the state kids to keep the school filled to capacity and "back fill" any beds which become available due to out of pocket kids leaving early or slower than normal draw from the private sector.

« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 21, 2010, 01:30:32 PM »
YOUR "INCLINATION/OBSERVATION" is very astute, which speaks volumes, if one would not want to advertise their program accepts DJJ children.   The only "hole" in the assumption that DJJ placement has ceased : according to the Director of ORCC( ORS) Keith Bostick, the ORS/ORCC does not oversee the licensing and does not sanction placement of DJJ children according to Keith Bostick , Director ORCC.  The surveyor would need to come from another division  Healthcare Facility Regulation division of the  Department of Community Health for DJJ children. Formerly RC Wilderness, an OCCP, under the ORS, was due re-licensing  on 08-30-10.  NOTE:  THE OUTDOOR PROGRAM IS NOW REFERRED TO AS AN "ADVENTURE ENRICHMENT PROGRAM (A one week a month program)."  A letter was sent out from RC to settle confusion felt by Ed. Cons. since the programs were so enjoined under RCS.   Therefore, it is doubtful the survey above refers to DJJ placement, thus deducing , that  the DJJ contractual program is no longer.  It would appear that the wilderness program of RC has ceased until Spring, which can be verified by calling Keith Bostick, Director, ORCC Georgia Phone - 404-657-900 Fax - 404-657-9637  [email protected].  Not that it wouldn't be a welcome plus, if the DJJ program ceased.

ORS  11/04/09

"Ridge Creek, Inc. has a Child Caring Institution (CCI) License.  There was a change in ownership request received by our office on 7/21/09 and the change of ownership was approved by our office on 8/6/09.  This change in ownership was from "Hidden Lake Academy Inc.(HLA)" to "Ridge Creek, Inc."  The last license review was conducted on 12/3/2008 and the next review is due before the end of the year.
Ridge Creek, Inc-Mountain Brook Academy is licensed as a CCI.  The last license review was conducted on 12/3/2008 and the next review is due before the end of the year.
Ridge Creek, Inc.- has an Outdoor Child Caring Program (OCCP) The last license review of this program was conducted on 8/25/2009 and there were no children in placement at the time of this review.  The next review is due before 8/30/2010."  

"Our review also shows that there is a program called HLA Incorporated that is licensed by the Healthcare Facility Regulation Division under the Department of Community Health (DCH) and not licensed by ORCC. "
« Last Edit: September 21, 2010, 10:49:35 PM by Jill Ryan »

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 21, 2010, 08:20:32 PM »
The following is my opinion and is for discussion only:

I had heard that DJJ Commissioner Albert Murray missed two review dates ( among others) which would have been used to look at policy requirements for Residential Treatment and review the status of residential inspections.  When the problems with WestCare Surfaced about a boy who was abused in January of this year and serious violations were found Murray refused to take action against them even though they were in violation of his departments Policies on Community Residential Programs.  If he had attempted to hold WestCares’ feet to the fire (or move against them) for that boys abuse it would have been revealed that Murrays office had missed several years of policy reviews and would have further revealed that scheduled inspections would have corrected the surveillance problem WestCare was having.  So he stood down and sided with WestCare even though they were clearly in violation and as a minimum should have been placed on probationary status as dictated by their own policies.

Shortly after this surfaced Murray resigned in May 2010 and they Brought in this Garland hunt guy who appears to be very good and is in the process of shaking things up in Georgia’s Department of Juvenal Justice.  Right now the DJJ will not even talk to you about a referral or license review unless you have a clean record with the ORS.  So RidgeCreek really cannot apply for referrals from them anyway since they have outstanding issues with the ORS.

I am not sure if RidgeCreek has surveillance throughout their school but this will be added along with many changes to the Case Management Policies.
When I  looked at the present policy Here, I don’t think that Ridge Creek meets the requirements right now and the last thing RC wants is this new DJJ administration crawling all over their school taking notes.  They are better off waiting a year or 2 until they can get something closer to a rubber stamp.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 21, 2010, 10:47:10 PM »
Informative, thank you.    The court documents in the bankruptcy case stated that there was a hold (?) on adjudicated children.  But the expected financial gain when in full swing, would be approximately $75,000.( If I remember correctly).  If and a big "IF," Ridge Creek School cleans up it's act enough to be "granted" DJJ in-take (children) ....   A horrid thought and hopefully, a remote possiblity.  HLA/Ridge Creek could not clean up their act with their non adjudicated students in previous years.  Their attorneys couldn't even admit to accepting juvenile students in previous years, among other things.  A facade perhaps could be created; it appears that is all they know how to create.   RCS, would need to inform families of other students that DJJ offenders would be on campus, which as HLA and now RCS, they have not done so in the past.  It is a huge "clean-up" job.  According to the DJJ Official, the ORCC/ORS sanctioned DJJ placement(phone conversation); the official stated that she was even scheduled to take a tour with the ORS/ORCC of Ridge Creek facilities last year.  The DJJ Official also stated that they were told the facilities were completely separate.   Yet ,according to Keith Bostick's letter, the ORCC/ ORS did not sanction, nor promote DJJ placement at Ridge Creek/HLA/Ridge Creek Wilderness/ Mountain Brook, etc. S The cleaning of house is long overdue at the DHS/ORS/ORCC/DHR agencies.

Offline FreeOfCC

• View Profile
Re: Whooter's obfuscation agenda
« Reply #124 on: September 27, 2010, 11:33:38 PM »
Quote from: "Ursus"
Quote from: "Whooter"
Why do you make things up to deceive the readers?

Quote from: "Dysfunction Junction"
Uh, yeah, like there's no industry types on Fornits.  Wait a sec...one of them is you, Mr. Aspen Fiduciary!

Remember when you claimed to have access to RB's treatment records via an HLA staff member on this board?  Or your true love, Ottawa5 whose stated goal was to open her "own program along the lines of CEDU"?  

Your explanation is laughable, troll boy :rofl: .
….. do you have LINKS to the original posts for all this material? Or are you just making this up as you go along?
Great catch, Ursus, you are on to his MO too I see.   I dont even know who Ottawa5 is.  I did a search on ottawa5 and it turns out that I never had any contact with this poster, not even one post! DJ is starting to lose it I think.  Why does he continue to make this stuff up?  What is the point?  No wonder he didnt provide links its all just fabricated.

Does anyone even know who this Ottawa5 poster is?
FOR THE RECORD: the above quote by me was copied, edited and pasted from another of my posts, originally addressed to Whooter, that designation having been neatly lopped off by Whooter himself. It would appear that this kind of posting behavior functions as a means of perpetrating more of his myths, in this case to intimate the lessened credibility of other posters.

Here is another time that he tried this.

Ya gotta wonder whether he also uses this tactic to intimidate other posters from chiming in, not to mention derail and/or kill conversation in key threads, confusing the naive reader in the process...

Just dropped in and noticed that psy had set up "Rules" for the board. Have they ever been implimented? I see Who is still derailing any useful discussion.

Offline Jill Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 28, 2010, 10:08:41 AM »
Point!   It is really a shame.  There is a marked difference.

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 28, 2010, 10:16:52 AM »
Quote from: "FreeOfCC"

Uh, yeah, like there's no industry types on Fornits.  Wait a sec...one of them is you, Mr. Aspen Fiduciary!

Remember when you claimed to have access to RB's treatment records via an HLA staff member on this board?  Or your true love, Ottawa5 whose stated goal was to open her "own program along the lines of CEDU"?  

….. do you have LINKS to the original posts for all this material? Or are you just making this up as you go along?
Great catch, Ursus, you are on to his MO too I see.   I dont even know who Ottawa5 is.  I did a search on ottawa5 and it turns out that I never had any contact with this poster, not even one post! DJ is starting to lose it I think.  Why does he continue to make this stuff up?  What is the point?  No wonder he didnt provide links its all just fabricated.

Just dropped in and noticed that psy had set up "Rules" for the board. Have they ever been implimented? I see Who is still derailing any useful discussion.

Its funny that you should pick that one, because it was Dysfunction junction who initiate the post and derailed the discussion.  (The posts read from the inner one outward).  So yes you are right, since the new rules have been implemented the trolling has subsided and its been a much better discussion with the flame wars and personal attacks mostly being contained in the "Free for all" section.

Offline Troll Control

• View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 28, 2010, 11:14:18 AM »

FOR THE RECORD: the above quote by me was copied, edited and pasted from another of my posts, originally addressed to Whooter, that designation having been neatly lopped off by Whooter himself. It would appear that this kind of posting behavior functions as a means of perpetrating more of his myths, in this case to intimate the lessened credibility of other posters.

Ya gotta wonder whether he also uses this tactic to intimidate other posters from chiming in, not to mention derail and/or kill conversation in key threads, confusing the naive reader in the process...

Yes, Whooter is still cutting/pasting together people's posts and in the instance above Ursus called him out on it that he had completely fabricated Ursus' post which was actually directed at Whooter.  Whooter changed the wording of the post to try to make it look as if Ursus were addressing DJ instead of Whooter and then Whooter began to spam-post it in several threads, hundreds of times actually.

And, yes, there are new rules now.  They came into effect when Whooter stated openly in this thread that he would not allow other posters to post at all without him derailing the thread and he chased off Jill Ryan and the RCS parent with his derailing and flooding.  This was reported to Ginger and in a few days the rules were implemented to control Whooter.  

It's a shame, but the new rules are in place because Whooter spam-posted over 1,700 times in less than two months.  It takes most people a few years to log 1,700 posts.
The Linchpin Link

Whooter - The Most Prolific Troll Fornits Has Ever Seen - The Definitive Links
**********************************************************************************************************
"Looks like a nasty aspentrolius sticci whooterensis infestation you got there, Ms. Fornits.  I\'ll get right to work."

- Troll Control

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 28, 2010, 11:21:15 AM »
The question was, Who derailed the thread?  The posts start from the inner one and work their way out.  You took the topic in a different direction by attacking me and thereby derailed the discussion.  This was your typical behavior here.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 28, 2010, 11:27:04 AM »
Quote from: "Troll Control"

Yes, Whooter is still cutting/pasting together people's posts and in the instance above Ursus called him out on it that he had completely fabricated Ursus' post which was actually directed at Whooter.  Whooter changed the wording of the post to try to make it look as if Ursus were addressing DJ instead of Whooter and then Whooter began to spam-post it in several threads, hundreds of times actually.

No......really???   ::)  ::)  ::)

It's a shame, but the new rules are in place because Whooter spam-posted over 1,700 times in less than two months.  It takes most people a few years to log 1,700 posts.

But he's just a simple program parent.  ::)  ::)  ::)
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 28, 2010, 11:29:27 AM »

Its funny that you should pick that one, because it was Dysfunction junction who initiate the post and derailed the discussion.  (The posts read from the inner one outward).  So yes you are right, since the new rules have been implemented the trolling has subsided and its been a much better discussion with the flame wars and personal attacks mostly being contained in the "Free for all" section.
Not really. It has done nothing to stop Whooter from deliberately misquoting people and reworking post order to convey incorrect impressions, e.g., like he misquoted me above. He did it again just a few days ago, when I asked him for a link when he claimed that Anne Bonney "admitted ... here on fornits, many times, that programs are helpful in most cases and that [she] had embellished many of the events that [she] claimed occurred inside the program." Which, btw, is a patently bogus statement, as Anne has never said any such thing.

Wouldn't ya know that Whooter, once again, misquoted me as asking Anne for a link, with him chiming in that she probably didn't have one. That is a patently dishonest manipulation of other people's posts.

When I called him out on that one, his response was that (with original emphasis):

"My point (and a lesson to you):
If you ask people for links you should ask equally or stay out of the argument."[/list]

So... I guess Whooter is now giving lessons in posting etiquette and, if anyone dares to ask him for a link for patently false claims, he will punish them by deliberately misquoting them. Nice one.
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 28, 2010, 11:46:39 AM »
Whoa!  I must have really hit a nerve when I exposed your double standard, Ursus.  If you were honest I would have never had to expose you like that.
I dont think he ever did come up with the link!!  But since the double standard still holds with you that doesnt matter too much.

Ya gotta love this place.

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 28, 2010, 11:56:25 AM »
I dont think he ever did come up with the link!!

Just like you never produced the link I asked for where you not only misquoted me, but pulled it right out of your ass.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 28, 2010, 12:03:51 PM »
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
I dont think he ever did come up with the link!!

Just like you never produced the link I asked for where you not only misquoted me, but pulled it right out of your ass.

Just like you pulled this quote out of your ass:

Whooter thinks having an abuse hotline in programs is a bad idea because the hotline operator might talk dirty to the kids.
Link

You claimed you quoted me exactly but you never produced the link.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 28, 2010, 12:06:29 PM »
Whoa!  I must have really hit a nerve when I exposed your double standard, Ursus.  If you were honest I would have never had to expose you like that.
I dont think he ever did come up with the link!!  But since the double standard still holds with you that doesnt matter too much.

Ya gotta love this place.
LOLOLLLLL. What "double standard" are you planning to "expose" me for, Whooter? I ask people for links all the time, to the point where a lot of folk probably think I'm an anal-retentive pain in the ass. So they either supply the links, or they ignore me, but nobody does what you do, which is to punish me and troll me for having had the audacity to ask. Lol. You're sounding kinda on the defensive on this one, Whooter!  :D
-------------- • -------------- • --------------