Author Topic: Many Many Programs Abuse Kids  (Read 40359 times)

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
Re: Many Many Programs Abuse Kids
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2010, 11:41:27 AM »
Exactly my point.
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2010, 11:42:49 AM »
Quote from: "DannyB II"
Quote from: "Anne Bonney"
A lot of us use that term because that's how we felt.....like we were inmates in a prison.

Well for some of us who were in prison and know damn well you never were, it is like a slap in the face. Because you don't know a darn thing about Juvenile Detention Centers, County/Town/City Jails or Prisons.
So please do not refer to yourselves as inmates. Most of you were rich snotty little kids who finally got your butts whipped and want to cry about it now or not.
I'm not judging, I'm just say'in.
Anne there was abuse in the programs on a large scale back in the day but let me tell ya, it was nothing like the peer-pressure you would have received in prison.

Not according to 5 people who I was in Straight with that ended up in prison.  They all said they'd rather do time in prison than Straight.  Note that I'm saying that they said that.....I didn't because I don't know.
traight, St. Pete, early 80s
AA is a cult http://www.orange-papers.org/orange-cult.html

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2010, 11:43:48 AM »
Quote from: "Froderik"
Satire, right?  This can't be serious.

This seemed pretty obvious last night.. i forget which post it was that clued me in, but yeah...

It gets weird when you can't tell the parodies from the real programmies, i.e. Poe's law.

Anne, we all agree with you,

Thanks!

The more boring a child is, the more the parents, when showing off the child, receive adulation for being good parents-- because they have a tame child-creature in their house.  ~~  Frank Zappa

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2010, 11:49:16 AM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:43:15 PM by DannyB II »
Stand and fight, till there is no more.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2010, 11:55:03 AM »
A lot of us use that term because that's how we felt.....like we were inmates in a prison.

Well for some of us who were in prison and know damn well you never were, it is like a slap in the face. Because you don't know a darn thing about Juvenile Detention Centers, County/Town/City Jails or Prisons.
So please do not refer to yourselves as inmates. Most of you were rich snotty little kids who finally got your butts whipped and want to cry about it now or not.
Anne there was abuse in the programs on a large scale back in the day but let me tell ya, it was nothing like the peer-pressure you would have received in prison.

Bullshit.  I was never in juvie, or prison, but I have been in a handful of adult rehabs and more county jails than I can remember.  NOTHING came close to that kiddie rehab I was in when I was 15.  The term 'inmate' is entirely appropriate. ' Victim ' would work too.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2010, 12:07:38 PM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:43:52 PM by DannyB II »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2010, 12:11:31 PM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:44:27 PM by DannyB II »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »

No Anne, they were in County Jail not prison

Really....and you would know this how?

and depending on the state and the population, we possibly could argue but if these 5 people your talking about were in a prison (not work release programs, boot camp or work camp) then they are full of shit and I would say that to there faces.

Good for you, internet tough guy.

Elan 6 would make any facility at Straight look like a Ronald McDonald House for crying out loud.

So now you're trying to start yet another pissing contest?  Who's program was worse?  You really are pathetic.

:clown:  

Yes DannyBoi, we all realize you're a clown.

Offline Shadyacres

• View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2010, 12:22:03 PM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"

Bullshit.  I was never in juvie, or prison, but I have been in a handful of adult rehabs and more county jails than I can remember.  NOTHING came close to that kiddie rehab I was in when I was 15.  The term 'inmate' is entirely appropriate. ' Victim ' would work too.

Shadys, your creditability is about nill around here so please go back to your fantasy world where lock ups, work programs and 3/4 houses are wonderful. No shit.
We are talking about Juvie, Prisons and large population county, city jails.  
Get with the subject.

MY credibility?  What's this I hear about you dragging a girl behind a truck?  Why do you delete all your posts as soon as they are up?

Offline SUCK_IT

• View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2010, 12:23:50 PM »
Here come the extremists.
I\'m baaaack...

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2010, 12:27:56 PM »
Quote from: "Shadyacres"

MY credibility?  What's this I hear about you dragging a girl behind a truck?

I know, I keep asking him about it too and he never answers.

Why do you delete all your posts as soon as they are up?

I've noticed that too.  He used to do it with PMs too.  He'd send me one, then delete it before I could read it.  Strange guy.

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2010, 12:45:08 PM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:45:20 PM by DannyB II »

Offline DannyB II

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2010, 12:48:18 PM »
« Last Edit: July 06, 2011, 04:45:48 PM by DannyB II »

Offline Anne Bonney

• View Profile
Many Many Programs Abuse Kids III
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2010, 12:51:11 PM »
No Anne, you had already started the pissing contest with your continuousness paragraphs of BS. I am ending it.
Thank You

Of course you're ending it now.  You've been asked about things you don't want to talk about.

How would you know whether those 5 people I mentioned were in prison or county jail?  More of you pulling shit out of your ass and calling it fact.

Now, wanna answer the question about the girl and the van?    I genuinely am curious about it.

continuousness????

Offline Whooter

• View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2010, 12:54:48 PM »
Back to the topic of programs abuse kids:

If for example you attended Ridge Creek Academy and you came onto fornits and said:
I was an inmate at that Gulag for 16 months and was abused.
What does that communicate to the reader?

What we know is that Ridge Creek is not a Gulag (it’s a boarding school),  the kids are referred to as students and by the state of Georgia as Residents (not inmates).  So the person making the statement is exaggerating to get peoples attention.  So when they say they were abused we naturally would assume they were exaggerating also.  We would read it as the kid was forced to follow some rules he/she didn’t like.

You cant exaggerate with inmate and Gulag and then expect people to believe you are not exaggerating when you use the word abuse.

We understand that many kids come on to fornits and say they were abused, but how do we differentiate between the real stories and those which are written for attention purposes only?