Author Topic: Perry will go down due to corruption and Casa by the sea  (Read 9510 times)

Offline Oz girl

• View Profile
Re: Perry will go down due to corruption and Casa by the sea
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2010, 02:50:15 AM »
that would make sense. Though 40 years is a pretty long time
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 PM by Guest »
n case you\'re worried about what\'s going to become of the younger generation, it\'s going to grow up and start worrying about the younger generation.-Roger Allen

Offline Oscar

• View Profile
    • Secret Prisons for Teens
« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2010, 04:10:03 AM »
More research in the case has revielded that his court-appointed attorney is critized because he had various conflicts regarding possible job openings which prevented him from giving his clients best possible defense.

Man set to die faults ex-medical examiner, By Marty Schladen, EL PASO TIMES, June 25, 2010

The lawyers also contend that Perry's trial attorney was incompetent. They referred to several news stories, including one in the New York Times, criticizing the attorney, Stephen Taylor.

We have been able to locate some articles about clients who didn't want Taylor as defense lawywers but was denied to choose among the court-appointed lawyers, but we have so far been unable to locate the articles in New York Times. Taylor is also noticed for shortcomings in other cases:

Lawyer’s writs come up short, by Chuck Lindell, October 30, 2006

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2010, 08:13:51 AM »
I have heard that his attorney was less than stellar - Perry claims he actually feel asleep during the trial. I have wondered if he was maybe just resting his eyes but perfectly attentive to the testimony; or even if as damning testimony was given he was reacting by dropping his head and rubbing his eyes in an Oh My Gosh, how can I over come that sort of thing. But naturally I have no real knowledge of what happened.  I am pretty sure that this lack of adequate representation was part of the appeal process and that the court determined this was not the case - that Perry was adequately defended; Still, one wonders how high the state of TX has the bar set for such a defense.

I'm feeling very sad - agitated and conflicted - tired and head achy over the whole thing.

I think his exaction is inevitable.

I'd like to suggest that those of you reading this who have a belief in eternity and salvation pray for the kid- and the victims families.

Offline BuzzKill

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2010, 11:23:42 AM »
http://www.star-telegram.com/2010/07/01 ... se-is.html

Star-Telegram.com
Killer of Houston-area nurse is executed

Posted Thursday, Jul. 01, 2010

By SARAH PORTLOCK

The Associated Press

HUNTSVILLE -- Convicted killer Michael James Perry was executed Thursday evening for gunning down a nurse at her home north of Houston nine years ago and stealing her red Camaro convertible.

Perry and a co-defendant were also accused of killing the woman's 16-year-old son and one of his friends and stealing the son's SUV, but they were not charged in those deaths.

Perry, 28, mouthed to relatives and friends watching through a window that he loved them.

"I want to start off to everyone involved in this atrocity, they're all forgiven by me," he said in a brief statement from the death chamber gurney.

He lifted his head from the pillow and, his voice cracking, cried out: "Mom, I love you."

"I'm coming home, Dad. I'm coming home," he added. His father died last month.

He never acknowledged relatives of the nurse, Sandra Stotler, who looked through an adjacent window.

As the drugs took effect, a single tear ran down his right cheek, prompting quiet sobs from his mother and an aunt and friends.

He was pronounced dead at 6:17 p.m., the 14th prisoner executed this year in Texas, the nation's most active death penalty state.

About 90 minutes earlier, the U.S. Supreme Court had rejected a last-day appeal from Perry's lawyers.

They unsuccessfully argued that they had new evidence showing that Perry was already in jail when Stotler was killed.

They also contended that a co-defendant and friend of Perry's killed Stotler.

Prosecutors said a "mountain of evidence" pointed to Perry -- most notably that he was seen driving Stotler's stolen car and bragged about the killing before his arrest.

Perry was convicted of shooting Stotler twice in the back, stealing her Camaro and then, along with Jason Burkett, dumping her body in a lake. They then returned to Stotler's Lake Conroe subdivision to wait for her son, Adam Stotler. Prosecutors said Perry and Burkett lured Adam Stotler, 16, and Jeremy Richardson, 18, to a nearby wooded area, shot them dead and stole Adam Stotler's SUV.

Two days later, Perry crashed the Camaro after a police chase. He was arrested and released on bail under Adam Stotler's name because he had Stotler's wallet and ID.

Sandra Stotler's body was found the next day. Police then arrested Perry and Burkett in Stotler's SUV after a shootout. Inside the truck, officers found the 12-gauge shotgun used to kill Sandra Stotler.

Perry was never charged with the two other slayings. Burkett is serving a life sentence for his role in the deaths.

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
R.I.P. Michael Perry
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2010, 01:28:20 PM »

In this June 9, 2010 photo, Michael Perry, 28, speaks from a death row visiting cage at the Texas Department of Criminal Justice Polunsky Unit outside Livingston, Texas. Perry is set for execution Thursday, July 1, for the October 2001 slaying of 50-year-old Sandra Stotler during a burglary of her home near Lake Conroe, north of Houston. Perry will be the 14th prisoner executed this year in Texas, the nation's busiest death penalty state. (AP Photo/Michael Graczyk)
-------------- • -------------- • --------------

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
Perry put to death
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2010, 02:37:09 AM »
The Courier of Montgomery County
Perry put to death
By Nancy Flake
Updated: 07.02.10

Lisa Stotler Balloun, middle, the daughter of murder victim Sandra Stotler, weeps as she speaks during a press conference Wednesday following the execution of Michael James Perry in Huntsville. Perry, 28, was executed by lethal injection in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice’s Walls Unit for the October 2001 shooting murder of Sandra Stotler, 51. Balloun was joined at the press conference by, from left, Mary Ann Bockwich, monther of Sandra Stotler, Patti Derrick, sister of Sandra Stotler, and, far right, Rosemarie Jeffery, the mother of Jeremy Richardson.

HUNTSVILLE – When Michael James Perry said he forgave everyone involved in the "atrocity" of his execution Thursday evening, the daughter of the woman he killed said she knew "justice had been served today."

Perry, 28, was executed by lethal injection just after 6 p.m. Thursday in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice's Walls Unit for the October 2001 murder of Sandra Stotler, 51, a nurse at Conroe Regional Medical Center.

Perry shot Stotler twice in the back as he lay in wait for her in the laundry room of her Lake Conroe-area home. Taking her red Camaro, he and his accomplice, Jason Burkett, then dumped her body in Crater Lake near Grangerland.

Perry and Burkett then went back to her home and lured Stotler's 16-year-old son Adam and his friend Jeremy Richardson, 18, to a nearby wooded area, where they shot and killed both of them and stole Adam Stotler's SUV.

Burkett is serving a life sentence for all three murders. Perry was charged only with the murder of Sandra Stotler.

Laying on a gurney, where the combination of three drugs began flowing through his veins at 6:03 p.m., Perry gave his final statement.

"I want to start off by saying and letting everyone involved in this atrocity know they're all forgiven by me."

Looking at his adoptive mother, Gayle Perry, he said, "Mom, I love you," with his voice breaking. "I'm coming home, Dad."

Perry's adoptive father died in June.

He gave four audible gasps and his breathing slowed, while one tear rolled from his right eye down his cheek. Family members of the Stotlers and Richardson watched quietly and intently, while some wiped away tears.

Perry was pronounced dead at 6:17 p.m.

"I felt sorry for his family," said Lisa Stotler Balloun, Sandra Stotler's daughter and Adam's sister. "It's not a good day for anyone. When he said he forgave us, I knew justice had been served today. I needed to see if he's a monster – and apparently he is.

"I just wish Jason Burkett and Kristin Willis were here sitting beside him."

Willis was Burkett's girlfriend at the time of the murders and was present in the wooded area when Adam Stotler and Jeremy Richardson were shot, with blood left on the shirt she was wearing, according to trial testimony. She testified against Burkett in his October 2003 trial.

Before the execution, Montgomery County District Attorney Brett Ligon personally reviewed all the evidence, he wrote in a statement Thursday night.

"Ethics prevented me from commenting on the ridiculous accusation that Mr. Perry's confession was somehow coerced and the evidence in his criminal case was flawed," Ligon stated. "The reality is that Mr. Perry laughed throughout his legal and voluntary confession in which he related gruesome details about the murders of his innocent victims. The remainder of the evidence in the case was as overwhelming as it was disturbing.

"Mr. Perry's last words reflected the way he lived his life: full of hatred, bile and narcissism. I do not relish in the execution of his sentence, but I do not mourn his death. May the victim's families finally have the peace they deserve."

Neither Perry nor any of his family members ever reached out to the victims' families, Lisa Balloun said.

"Never. Not once," she said. "He's been blaming and pointing fingers since day one. It just infuriates me; we were the 'bad guys' in this situation."

Perry sought a commutation of his death sentence in recent days, claiming, based on a medical examiner's testimony about Sandra Stotler's time of death, he was in the Montgomery County Jail and couldn't have killed her.

But the Texas Court of Criminal Appeals and the U.S. Supreme Court didn't agree, clearing the way for Perry's execution.

Balloun tells her daughters – one was 3 years old and the other 10 months old when Sandra Stotler was murdered – about "what a wonderful woman she was" and how Adam was "the best uncle in the world," she said.

"Our family is crushed."

For Rosemary Jeffery, Jeremy Richardson's mother, Perry's death has not yet brought the closure she seeks.

"It won't be over until Burkett is gone," she said. "Then ... our family can have some rest."

But that closure finally seems to have come for the family of Sandra and Adam Stotler.

"I'm glad to say this is over," said Mary Ann Bockwich, Sandra Stotler's mother and Adam's grandmother.

"We can all have peace now."

Nancy Flake can be reached at [email protected].

Copyright ©1995 - 2010 | HCNOnline.com

Offline Ursus

• View Profile
More pics from "Perry put to death"
« Reply #21 on: July 03, 2010, 10:31:57 AM »
More pics from the above article, "Perry put to death" (by Nancy Flake, 07.02.10, The Courier):

Charles Richardson, brother of victim Jeremy Richardson, speaks during a press conference following Wednesday’s execution of Michael James Perry in Huntsville.

Sandra Stotler

A photograph of Adam Stotler is seen as Patti Derrick and Lisa Stotler Balloun hold hands during a press conference following the execution of Michael James Perry Wednesday in Huntsville. Perry, 28, was executed by lethal injection just after 6 p.m. in the Texas Department of Criminal Justice’s Walls Unit for the October 2001 shooting murder of Sandra Stotler, 51, a nurse at Conroe Regional Medical Center.

Copyright ©1995 - 2010 | HCNOnline.com